Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5041 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

I still think MoH was at its best on the SP back w/ MOH:AA.
The last MOH (2010) was short and sweet - though, nothing amazing & spectacular.

Spec Ops: The Line - now there's a shooter w/ an excellent SP campaign (which was like 7-8 hours short) and a great story. Just finished that last night.

Damn.. took me like 3 hours.

#5042 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Damn.. took me like 3 hours.

I don't do speed runs.
I usually try to take my time w/ a game and try to soak it in.

And I was trying to find every single DATA COLLECTION Item that I could find and was searching everywhere for them.
I think I missed a few, though.

#5043 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

KOA:R must have the worst mouse driven camera I've ever seen, moving my mouse sideways causes the camera to drive upwards at a slant and get stuck there. At least it's perfectly playable with my controller. Combat with chakrams is excellent, even if these ones I have are extremely overpowered.

#5044 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

KOA:R must have the worst mouse driven camera I've ever seen, moving my mouse sideways causes the camera to drive upwards at a slant and get stuck there. At least it's perfectly playable with my controller. Combat with chakrams is excellent, even if these ones I have are extremely overpowered.

I played with chakrams. Towards the end of the game it wasn't even close to being a challenge

#5045 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Wasn't fond of KB/mouse controls for KOA:R either.
I used X360 Gamepad for KOA:R.

#5046 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

I played with chakrams. Towards the end of the game it wasn't even close to being a challenge

You can go here and download a mod that changes the difficulty. I never could get it to work with the Steam version but I can with the Origin version.

http://webcache.goog...d=imvns&strip=1

Also download the "Widescreen Fixer" (https://www.widescreenfixer.org/) and you can use it to change the field of vision.

#5047 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Well, it looks like 2k has activated the BS "region lock after release" again.

I bought a copy off of Jake and have been playing it for quite a while. Now I update it today and can no longer play it. EFFING GREAT. They region locked the Civ V gift too.

Way to go 2K, you take the money for the sales and then make them useless. I am so pissed right now.

http://forums.2kgame...-saga-continues

#5048 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Well, it looks like 2k has activated the BS "region lock after release" again.

I bought a copy off of Jake and have been playing it for quite a while. Now I update it today and can no longer play it. EFFING GREAT. They region locked the Civ V gift too.

Way to go 2K, you take the money for the sales and then make them useless. I am so pissed right now.

http://forums.2kgame...-saga-continues

Well unless the seller told you it was a Russian key and you bought it anyways, I would be mad at them. I feel your pain, but I honestly wish more companies would region lock their games to avoid all this shady third party key selling.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5049 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Well unless the seller told you it was a Russian key and you bought it anyways, I would be mad at them. I feel your pain, but I honestly wish more companies would region lock their games to avoid all this shady third party key selling.

If it was from jake I'd imagine it was a trade through steam and not a key. Trades have been in the past ROW games once it was traded.

#5050 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

If it was from jake I'd imagine it was a trade through steam and not a key. Trades have been in the past ROW games once it was traded.

I checked my list and it is an (RU) title in my history.

#5051 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

It was from Jake (JakeNome). He's from the Ukraine, and everyone knows that.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Or maybe I just don't refresh my pages.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5052 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Ah, well I've never bought from him, but it seems he has good feedback so I would contact him about the situation. I understand the frustration, but it's a risk you take when you buy out of region.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5053 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

I checked my list and it is an (RU) title in my history.

Normally with games traded, at least in the past once they were traded from one region to the next they became ROW. If it was traded this is an issue Steam would need to addressed by them i would think. They shouldn't allow trades outside of regions if this is going to be an issue.

#5054 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

I didn't know that, and now I'm locked out of my XCOM I legit paid for. You could argue "legit" but it doesn't tell you in the trade window, and I have no idea where he's from, his Steam profile says the US.

I really enjoyed the game, and even if I tried to buy a NA copy now, Steam won't let me. So 2K took the sale, someone got my money and now I don't have anything, and I'm barred from a copy I can play because the game is already in my library.

Way to go all around.

#5055 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

I didn't know that

Well, when someone is selling a vast amount of new releases for cheaper than what they sell for in your region, it should be common sense that they're buying the games for cheaper within a different region.

I'm not trying to be rude, because I understand how ridiculous the situation is, but I think it's a little obvious that those kind of prices aren't coming from someone who just thought it would be nice to buy 5 copies of a game for $60 and sell them for $48.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5056 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Well, when someone is selling a vast amount of new releases for cheaper than what they sell for in your region, it should be common sense that they're buying the games for cheaper within a different region.

I'm not trying to be rude, because I understand how ridiculous the situation is, but I think it's a little obvious that those kind of prices aren't coming from someone who just thought it would be nice to buy 5 copies of a game for $60 and sell them for $48.

It was the FIRST time I've ever bought anything like that and not just directly from Steam. I admit I was a little curious and felt there was a catch of some sort, specifically that it may be an RU key. Never bought one but I've heard of the whole thing.

After it was traded and in my Library, it displayed RU, but not in the trade window anywhere, and I was assured by Jake it was region free, which it was. So I wasn't really concerned.

The practice of selling something as region free and then region locking it within a week just seems scummy to me, and I've worked for EA for the past 2 years, I've seen scummy practices.

#5057 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Trying really hard to feel bad for people. It's the risk you deal with when you buy from out of your region to circumvent prices. There's a reason the CD key reseller site deals that get posted here are frequently deleted. Granted, if you didn't know, I feel a bit bad for you, but I'd say over half the people getting them know what they're doing.

But anyways, 2k backed off on Borderlands so I wouldn't be surprised to see if they backed off on this eventually.

#5058 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Trying really hard to feel bad for people. It's the risk you deal with when you buy from out of your region to circumvent prices. There's a reason the CD key reseller site deals that get posted here are frequently deleted. Granted, if you didn't know, I feel a bit bad for you, but I'd say over half the people getting them know what they're doing.

But anyways, 2k backed off on Borderlands so I wouldn't be surprised to see if they backed off on this eventually.

I've seen people on the 2K forums mentioning some kind of Borderlands fiasco. In trying to find out what can/will be done (if anything), I've been curious. What exactly happened? All I saw was that the Russian version was region locked to the area or something, and that they were investigating refunds due to some kind of mishap in the explanation of the region locking.

I'm hoping that selling a region free product and then locking it later is some kind of grounds for an arguement on some sort.

Care to explain what happened with Borderlands though?

#5059 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Borderlands was region locked close to release date, RU only could play with RU, and even some of the surronding countries were stuck with it (some of which don't have a huge russian speaking populace). This had something to do with the RU publisher. It was removed shortly after the bruhaha came to light and sites like RPS were reporting on it, and now if you buy a RU copy you get the regular version of the game as well.

Keep in mind, XCOM isn't even out in Europe/Russia yet, so while it seems like they're doing it post release to you, it isn't so much for them. There's always a chance this is, again, something to do with the RU publishing rights and that 2k will work to correct it.

#5060 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I didn't know this. Never traded with him.
Did anyone lose their Russian copies of Saints Row the third?

Posted Image

Apparently none of you are familiar with the creative fun you can have with taxidermy.

More here. And here. Little DIY canvas.

So many people have weird hangups over dead things.

I want two!!!!!
I'll give you three of these

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28595
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5061 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

I didn't know this. Never traded with him.

I don't mean that everyone knows exactly where he is located. I've never bought from him either. I'm just saying it's obvious that he's selling out-of-region copies of those games. Or it should be...

bZ2g3eF.png

#5062 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

I don't mean that everyone knows exactly where he is located. I've never bought from him either. I'm just saying it's obvious that he's selling out-of-region copies of those games. Or it should be...

hmm, I guess I never cared then. lol
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5063 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

The whole notion of region locked just doesn't make sense anymore on the Internet.

Indie Gala store games will not be in THEIR bundles, but could always show up in other bundles, most likely Groupees.

Also, they have Gala points but they are worthless. For example, if they discount a game in the store, they then reduce or eliminate the Gala Point discount on that game. So the overall effect makes them useless.

Also, Tony from Amazon just posted this:

Our Deal of the Week next week is stupid awesome.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

I believe these are all Steam?

Crazy stoopid deal!

That deal is pretty amazing. I own all of those games already, and the price of it is still tempting.

#5064 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

In fairness to those affected, the game wasn't region locked until the recent update. I would agree if the RU tag was simply ignored and no one bothered to check for a lock, but considering the game wasn't locked until AFTER many people had already activated and played it, is definitely a bit unfair. I have a feeling 2K will probably fix the problem for the ones that were already traded/gifted/activated.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#5065 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Random, but GameStop is having a pretty damn good trade-in event right now. Most notably Black Ops is trading in for $25.50, Skyrim for $30, and Borderlands for $15. If you've got a PUR Pro card I think there's another 10% added onto that... so that's a pretty good deal. It ends on the 14th of this month I think.

Full list of promoted trade-in values

I mention this because last I checked, GameStop still has Steam gift cards. Good way to prepare for the Steam Winter Sale...

bZ2g3eF.png

#5066 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

I should add, it seems Steam just let me launch XCOM again.

#5067 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

So as posted in the 2k forums, the Russian copies work now?

I restarted Steam and XCOM runs fine now.

I checked and I still have the (RU) version. Not quite sure what happened on their end but I am sure glad I can play now!

I checked my Licenses + Subscriptions and I have an Item, "Steam" just added and the acquisition method is 'Complimentary'

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

#5068 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

I checked and I still have the (RU) version. Not quite sure what happened on their end but I am sure glad I can play now!

I checked my Licenses + Subscriptions and I have an Item, "Steam" just added and the acquisition method is 'Complimentary'

I should check and see what I have too. My thought was that the game is now available in Europe.

#5069 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Ehh, I noticed that too a few days ago and I don't even have XCOM. That's not it.

Glad they fixed it though.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5070 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

They did the same thing with Borderlands 2 didn't they? Sounds like pretty much the same situation.
76561197996844513.png