Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5071 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

None of my VO's seem to be working now though. Small complaint I guess.

#5072 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Im not gonna read anything because Im sure there mightve been ample hate thrown my way.
I just wanna apologize to the 41 CAGs who had to go through this scare, and the 40+ buyers from elsewhere.
I thought I was gonna have a heart attack hours ago when FakeKisser messaged me about the issue. My email was flooded when I got home.
THANK GOD its fixed.
That was enough stress to last a whole year. I think Im gonna take a long ass break from selling now and repent for my sins.
XD

...anyway, enjoy being able to kill cyberdisks and mutons again
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#5073 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Im not gonna read anything because Im sure there mightve been ample hate thrown my way.
I just wanna apologize to the 41 CAGs who had to go through this scare, and the 40+ buyers from elsewhere.
I thought I was gonna have a heart attack hours ago when FakeKisser messaged me about the issue. My email was flooded when I got home.
THANK GOD its fixed.
That was enough stress to last a whole year. I think Im gonna take a long ass break from selling now and repent for my sins.
XD

Nahhhh, no hate just frustration on the topic itself really and at 2K.

Either way we are all glad that it is situated!

#5074 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

THANK GOD its fixed.
XD

I was going to just message you when I saw you on Steam or CAG next, I didn't want to publically call attention to the issue in your thread, I knew it wasn't your fault and I didn't want anyone thinking otherwise. I was going to try to get with you about some sort of remedy if nothing happened about a potential fix, but I was going to wait and see.

You hadn't been on though, or had, but were then offline. I noticed you come online shortly after the whole thing seemed to blow over, I figured you thought it was safe to then. :P

For the record, while I was upset, it was never with you. It was region free when I got it from you and you had nothing to do with what happened. Crappy set of circumstances really.

#5075 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

I was going to just message you when I saw you on Steam or CAG next, I didn't want to publically call attention to the issue in your thread, I knew it wasn't your fault and I didn't want anyone thinking otherwise. I was going to try to get with you about some sort of remedy if nothing happened about a potential fix, but I was going to wait and see.

You hadn't been on though, or had, but were then offline. I noticed you come online shortly after the whole thing seemed to blow over, I figured you thought it was safe to then. :P

For the record, while I was upset, it was never with you. It was region free when I got it from you and you had nothing to do with what happened. Crappy set of circumstances really.

Well put! Agreed.

Now off to go make sure South America does not back out of my XCOM! haha

#5076 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

I bought Gods and Kings from JakeNome. Is 2K pulling this shit with DLC, too?

MARS

#5077 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Well, it looks like 2k has activated the BS "region lock after release" again.

I bought a copy off of Jake and have been playing it for quite a while. Now I update it today and can no longer play it. EFFING GREAT. They region locked the Civ V gift too.

Way to go 2K, you take the money for the sales and then make them useless. I am so pissed right now.

http://forums.2kgame...-saga-continues

That is weird, I bought my copy from Jake as well and I can play it still. I launched it just now to make sure.

EDIT:

As I finish reading the rest of the thread I see it was fixed lol

#5078 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Seems like Indie Game Stand is doing pretty good lately. The $1 level is including a Steam key lately, and there's a beat the average thing going on the latest one (for Really Big Sky) where you get another two games. I don't think they're Steam games, but the average is only $1.52 right now so...

Anyways, I grabbed it. It's worth a look; the game looks pretty cool.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5079 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Seems like Indie Game Stand is doing pretty good lately. The $1 level is including a Steam key lately, and there's a beat the average thing going on the latest one (for Really Big Sky) where you get another two games. I don't think they're Steam games, but the average is only $1.52 right now so...

Really digging this indie gamestand. I bought the last 3 games and backing some really good charity is a plus too.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#5080 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

None of my VO's seem to be working now though. Small complaint I guess.

Might be an issue with your speaker setup.

VOs in XCOM don't work over my speakers but work fine with headphones.

My speakers are old and have channels blown out, though, which probably explains it on my end.

Try using headphones, though, just to see if it works.

#5081 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

I still think MoH was at its best on the SP back w/ MOH:AA.
The last MOH (2010) was short and sweet - though, nothing amazing & spectacular.

Spec Ops: The Line - now there's a shooter w/ an excellent SP campaign (which was like 7-8 hours short) and a great story. Just finished that last night.

I remember playing Frontline (that's what I played on GC lol), Rising Sun too. I haven't played the last MoH, looks like a cross of BF3 basically, I still want to check it out tho.
& yeah Spec Ops is Spectacular. *zing* trying all the different scenarios was pretty fun.

IndieGameStand is dope, I like what they're doin'. It just sucks you have to have more than one account to buy more copies of the deal. Been through their CS (which is pretty casual to deal with)

& Hopefully 2K doesn't do this whole region thing again...

Also just noticed the thread tags. Lmfao at dramatic cags & wallet destroyer

Edited by MC Kage, 12 October 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5082 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Groovy! Thanks! <3 Twin Stick Shooters.

#5083 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

The new deal is alright if you haven't been keeping up with indie bundles, but it's a rehash otherwise. It's been in an Indie Royale and an Indie Gala (which could've been had for $2 and was a better deal). I haven't bought a single game yet from IGS, the only new/non-rehashed deal they've had was Gnomoria.

#5084 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Watch out everyone!

A lot of us went through the GOG deal and some of us trade people on CAG to recieve X-Com Enemy Unknown on Steam. Been playing it since launch, suddenly I'm locked out of my game due to a newly created region requirement.

I hope others aren't affected but I feel like I just wasted money on this.

Too bad to as it turns me off from doing trades and whatnot on here. I lose money on the deal? Not cool.

Steam support ticket submitted, I'll let ya'll know what I hear back.

I hope no one else is inconvenienced with this.

Forum: http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2966801

EDIT!!!!! Apparently, something changed at 10am EST. File lock got changed and I can play my game again!

Edited by IkedaTeramusa, 12 October 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#5085 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I have a Kung Fu Strike giveaway for 1 hour (8-9 PM my time [CDT]) tonight. I'll probably (well, 50% chance) be awake and paying attention to the computer at 9:00, so I should be able to get keys to folks not long after that.

http://www.steamgift...e-warriors-rise

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#5086 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

So after 677 hours of play, I finally decide to uninstall Football Manager 2012 (heck, 2013 is out in a couple of weeks)

So what do I play next?

Well, I went to TRU and BB and got a whole bunch of the $10 games... Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, MW3, Skyrim...

So what do I decide to play?

PHANTASMAGORIA!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!?!!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#5087 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

So after 677 hours of play, I finally decide to uninstall Football Manager 2012 (heck, 2013 is out in a couple of weeks)

So what do I play next?

Well, I went to TRU and BB and got a whole bunch of the $10 games... Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, MW3, Skyrim...

PHANTASMAGORIA!

Wow, congrats on finding all those at TRU.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5088 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

So what do I play next?

PHANTASMAGORIA!

Um, nothing?

#5089 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Um, nothing?

It's getting close to Halloween, after all. Phantasmagoria was good in its day, but I would have personally chosen something more horrifying, like Amnesia, Cryostasis, or Presidential Simulator 2012 featuring Mitt Romney...

#5090 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

So why do I own DOTA 2? Someone wanted a couple of items for it for trade a while back, and I saw my account showed as owning it. I know it will be free-to-play, but people can buy early access. I didn't buy it. I don't recall being gifted it. I do, however, have it.

My transaction history shows nothing, either.

#5091 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

It's getting close to Halloween, after all. Phantasmagoria was good in its day, but I would have personally chosen something more horrifying, like Amnesia, Cryostasis, or Presidential Simulator 2012 featuring Mitt Romney...

Or Resident Evil 1. Ever try playing that on a PC with a keyboard? Horrifying. Also, I think there might also be monsters, but good luck getting your character that far into the game.

#5092 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I had read that Steam never changes region restrictions on a particular product id, if they add a region lock they will issue it as a new product and take the old one off the store, which will remain region free for previous purchasers. I guess that's not true, as seen with this xcom fiasco? I read it in this russian key guide on Reddit.

#5093 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Greenlight Bundle 2 is live

For $1 you get:

Pixel Blocked!
Omegalodon
Starlaxis Light Hunter

For $5 you get the above along with:

Call of Cthuhlu: The Wasted Land
Perpetuum (30 day trial lol)
Dawn of Fantasy
Oniken (this was also in Indie Royale)
General Conflict
and Awesomenauts Mean and Green DLC bundle which unlocks next week

I don't know if anyone cares, but today I sent off PMs to developers that had their games on Desura for the first Greenlight bundle. I asked for Desura keys, and got one for Syder Arcade within the first 5 mins after sending a PM. Might be worth a shot if you're at all interested in getting Desura keys. The greenlight bundle site tends to have painfully slow download speeds.

#5094 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

So why do I own DOTA 2? Someone wanted a couple of items for it for trade a while back, and I saw my account showed as owning it. I know it will be free-to-play, but people can buy early access. I didn't buy it. I don't recall being gifted it. I do, however, have it.

It's the Spectator Client that you have. It was open to all during TI2.

76561198014930049.png

#5095 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

To my understanding everyone can still play it but the people that buy/early access are accessing a test with everything available.

This is very tempting, GTA Sale at Gamersgate:
http://www.gamersgat...end& aff=ggnews

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5096 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

So what do I play next?

PHANTASMAGORIA!

I can never play Phantasmagoria too many times.

This is largely because every time I've played through it I've invited several friends over and gotten so staggeringly wasted I have no memory of the plot.

#5097 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I find myself irritated, once again, by the pricing structure of a piece of DLC vs an entire pack.

Case in point: Sanctum

For $4.74 you can buy the game and all DLC in one bundle. This is aimed, presumably, at the new customer that wants to buy all-in.

For $3.99 you can buy Map Pack 2 (not coincidentally the only one I am lacking). This is aimed at the customer who already owns the game; the loyal customer who bought in early.

Why don't existing owners get an even better discount than newcomers? Developers - are you trying to train me not to buy your games until the inevitable bundle/deal comes along?

76561197971332172.png

#5098 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

It's the Spectator Client that you have. It was open to all during TI2.

Ah.

Thanks.

The lesson here is to actually read the entire game page instead of quickly skimming the top.

#5099 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

[quote name='Eldredpe']Might be an issue with your speaker setup.

VOs in XCOM don't work over my speakers but work fine with headphones.

My speakers are old and have channels blown out, though, which probably explains it on my end.

Try using headphones, though, just to see if it works.[/]
I was using my headphones. It was just any VO, I was afraid it had something to do with being RU. I ran the Steam check to verify the integrity of local files, it found one bad one, updated it, ran again, and all is well.

#5100 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

I find myself irritated, once again, by the pricing structure of a piece of DLC vs an entire pack.

Case in point: Sanctum

For $4.74 you can buy the game and all DLC in one bundle. This is aimed, presumably, at the new customer that wants to buy all-in.

For $3.99 you can buy Map Pack 2 (not coincidentally the only one I am lacking). This is aimed at the customer who already owns the game; the loyal customer who bought in early.

Why don't existing owners get an even better discount than newcomers? Developers - are you trying to train me not to buy your games until the inevitable bundle/deal comes along?

That stuff pisses me off to no end as well.
I'm in the exact same spot as you with the above. I really like Sanctum and would like to get the second Map Pack but they want to bend me over when they have already gotten more than what are currently asking for it for everything instead of giving me a break for actually supporting them.

Same thing happens time and time again for games, it really does make you angry. Or they will price the DLC at some stupid price but then bundle it with the game and it is dirt cheap (Saints Row The Third I'm looking at you specifically!)