Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5101 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

That stuff pisses me off to no end as well.
I'm in the exact same spot as you with the above. I really like Sanctum and would like to get the second Map Pack but they want to bend me over when they have already gotten more than what are currently asking for it for everything instead of giving me a break for actually supporting them.

Same thing happens time and time again for games, it really does make you angry. Or they will price the DLC at some stupid price but then bundle it with the game and it is dirt cheap (Saints Row The Third I'm looking at you specifically!)

To be fair, there are franchises that give pretty excellent loyalty discounts when buying newer installments of series you own.

So it isn't all across the board terrible.

#5102 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

To be fair, there are franchises that give pretty excellent loyalty discounts when buying newer installments of series you own.

So it isn't all across the board terrible.

True, but it is normally for a new installment in the series and not just some DLC. I know Blood Bowl does it (tempted to get Chaos Edition for $10). It is just that giving a loyalty discount is the exception instead of the norm :(

#5103 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Never thought much of Sanctum. Okay concept but just didn't hold my interest. And, as noted, their DLC pricing structure was always horribly inflated.

#5104 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

GoG is doing something interesting
GOG Pay What You Want: Divinity Anthology
Sale page
Pay-what-you-want: Divine Divinity
BTA (currently $6.17): Beyond Divinity (currently $1 on GMG requires Capsule)
Pay-top-10% (currently $12.28): Divinity II: Developer's Cut

#5105 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Never thought much of Sanctum. Okay concept but just didn't hold my interest. And, as noted, their DLC pricing structure was always horribly inflated.

Never held my interest single-player either, but I played for a few hours one night with a friend in co-op, voice chatting and such, and had a really good time. So, it's good for that, I guess.

#5106 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I can see that. To me it also fell victim to the 'too many games too little time' issue that we all run across in this golden age of digital download gaming. I think it was one of the first shooter/tower defense hybrids out there but stuff like Dungeon Defenders and Orcs Must Die (albeit third person not first person) supplanted it.

#5107 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

GoG is doing something interesting
GOG Pay What You Want: Divinity Anthology

I'm annoyed (perhaps irrationally) that they call it this when the anthology is very definitely not PWYW.

All You Can Eat Bread, Veggies & Meat Buffet!
Bread: Free!
Veggies: $2 per serving/table visit
Meat: $10 serving/table visit

#5108 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

So, is there anything in this anthology that I won't get if I already own these games via GOG/Steam?

#5109 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

So thoughts on XCOM? Part of me wants to wait for a sale and part of me wants to buy it to support the genre of this.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5110 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

So thoughts on XCOM? Part of me wants to wait for a sale and part of me wants to buy it to support the genre of this.

I went ahead and bought it at the Green Man Gaming sale price a week or two ago because I figured I don't mind supporting A) turn-based strategy and B) Firaxis games.

Plus, you get to play it now. ;)

Most games I wait until a sale though, as I'm a Cheap Ass.

#5111 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

So, is there anything in this anthology that I won't get if I already own these games via GOG/Steam?

Bonuses: Art, Soundtracks, etc (usual GoG stuff). The Divinity II: Director's Cut will be released on the 18th. It definately differs from Divinity II:Dragon Knight Saga in that:
- Developers's Mode that lets you experience the game from a whole new perspective.
- Divinity Anthology Developer's Journal detailing the 15 years of Larian Games' history.
- Unique design documents such as Complete Quest Design Delivery, Tester's Walkthroughs, and Scripts etc
- Tons of never before seen concept arts.

Largely some people are excited about the console.

Personally I have DII:DKS ($6 Amazon DRM free). I want to pickup Divinity Divine. I'm less hot on Beyond Divinity. I'm thinking: just pickup Divinity Divine on GoG for $1. Pickup Beyond Divinity on GMG for $1. And just be happy with my DII:DKS.

#5112 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Great game, if you liked the original or like turn based strategy games you will dig it. You can give the demo on Steam a try, it is a very very simple demo but it gives you a basic taste of how the game is.

#5113 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Bonuses: Art, Soundtracks, etc (usual GoG stuff). The Divinity II: Director's Cut will be released on the 18th. It definately differs from Divinity II:Dragon Knight Saga in that:
- Developers's Mode that lets you experience the game from a whole new perspective.
- Divinity Anthology Developer's Journal detailing the 15 years of Larian Games' history.
- Unique design documents such as Complete Quest Design Delivery, Tester's Walkthroughs, and Scripts etc
- Tons of never before seen concept arts.

Largely some people are excited about the console.

Personally I have DII:DKS ($6 Amazon DRM free). I want to pickup Divinity Divine. I'm less hot on Beyond Divinity. I'm thinking: just pickup Divinity Divine on GoG for $1. Pickup Beyond Divinity on GMG for $1. And just be happy with my DII:DKS.

Thanks! I realized that I should have asked whether or not anyone knows if people who already own DII: DKS on Steam/GOG will also get the Director's Cut version, or if we have to buy it over again.

#5114 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I went ahead and bought it at the Green Man Gaming sale price a week or two ago because I figured I don't mind supporting A) turn-based strategy and B) Firaxis games.

Plus, you get to play it now. ;)

Most games I wait until a sale though, as I'm a Cheap Ass.

No, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it now. It would go right in the backlog till I bet dishonored :lol:. I do enjoy turned based strategy games and this looks fun. Only thing is while I am a cheap ass, I might have to buy it from Gamestop for this one. I got to offload New Super Mario Bros 2 sometime.

I realized today I should buy it now to support the genre. I mean yeah I am a cheap ass but non open world WRPG games and JRPG's I tend to buy at full price on principal.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5115 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Didn't want to bump the indiegala thread and make people think there was a new one so I will ask here.

If you only have happy hour gifts can you create an account and link all your gifts?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5116 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Didn't want to bump the indiegala thread and make people think there was a new one so I will ask here.

If you only have happy hour gifts can you create an account and link all your gifts?

They haven't integrated that into it yet. Hopefully they will down the line, but I doubt it will be retroactive.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5117 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

They haven't integrated that into it yet. Hopefully they will down the line, but I doubt it will be retroactive.

Thanks for the info and quick reply. (By the way I took your wheelie record in Sleeping Dogs:))
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5118 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of buying anything now: we're rounding the corner on October and November/December is usually a period of non-stop crazy deals for Steam and Amazon. Hold out just a little longer!

#5119 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of buying anything now: we're rounding the corner on October and November/December is usually a period of non-stop crazy deals for Steam and Amazon. Hold out just a little longer!

My body is ready, but my wallet is not.

#5120 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Bring it on Nov/Dec... still have $600 left in my Steam Wallet

#5121 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

If winter is anything like summer, I will probably have even less to buy this time around. I mean with stuff like the upcoming squeenix bundle on amazon, my impulse buy price is down to less than $2 and Steam likely won't do that much.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5122 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

So Cities XL is on sale for 75% off. On the store page it says you can get Cities XL 2011 for 50% off if you have Cities XL. Is this 50% off the current sale price...or off retail? If it's from the sale price that's pretty good to get both under $10

#5123 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

So Cities XL is on sale for 75% off. On the store page it says you can get Cities XL 2011 for 50% off if you have Cities XL. Is this 50% off the current sale price...or off retail? If it's from the sale price that's pretty good to get both under $10

No, the 50% doesn't stack with the current discounts.

#5124 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

If winter is anything like summer, I will probably have even less to buy this time around. I mean with stuff like the upcoming squeenix bundle on amazon, my impulse buy price is down to less than $2 and Steam likely won't do that much.

Yeah I'm getting more and more hesitant to pull the trigger on solo deals.

#5125 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thanks! I realized that I should have asked whether or not anyone knows if people who already own DII: DKS on Steam/GOG will also get the Director's Cut version, or if we have to buy it over again.

Somebody mentioned in the GoG thread post 489

BlueMooner: Also, how worth it is it to pay extra just to get a dev console for game 3?

Larian is working with Steam and Focus on a patch for DKS to add the Developer Mode (which is the only difference between DKS and D2:DC, aside from the bonus content with the GOG version or the anthology).

There is probably something more official at: http://www.larian.com

But I own the DRM-free Amazon version...

#5126 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

^Thanks, asheskitty!

I did forget that the GOG versions include the usual awesome goodies, so maybe I'll bite. It's less than $13 for soundtracks, etc., so I think I'd get my money's worth.

Edited by NeoGutsman, 12 October 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#5127 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

All I want is a deal for Street Fighter x Tekken.

#5128 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Stumbled on an interesting entry in the Steam registry named 'Robot Entertainment Public Comp' that contains Orcs Must Die and the DLC. Wonder if they're going to put it in an upcoming indie bundle. Would make sense sort of how like Runic finally put Torchlight 1 in Humble.

#5129 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Stumbled on an interesting entry in the Steam registry named 'Robot Entertainment Public Comp' that contains Orcs Must Die and the DLC. Wonder if they're going to put it in an upcoming indie bundle. Would make sense sort of how like Runic finally put Torchlight 1 in Humble.

Hmmm, Indie Royale had Dungeon Defenders in one bundle. I would buy it just to gift a copy to a friend if it shows up in any bundle.

#5130 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yeah there's a new Indie Royale due soon (surprised it didn't launch today) so it could be the headliner for that.