Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5131 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Somebody mentioned in the GoG thread post 489

BlueMooner: Also, how worth it is it to pay extra just to get a dev console for game 3?

Larian is working with Steam and Focus on a patch for DKS to add the Developer Mode (which is the only difference between DKS and D2:DC, aside from the bonus content with the GOG version or the anthology).

There is probably something more official at: http://www.larian.com

But I own the DRM-free Amazon version...

I own DRM-FREE Amazon DVG version of Div 2: DKS.

If they going to update Steam version w/ Dev Mode, they should update the Non-Steam versions w/ Dev Mode as well.

Edited by MysterD, 12 October 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#5132 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yeah there's a new Indie Royale due soon (surprised it didn't launch today) so it could be the headliner for that.

Indie Gala X is being teased as well with 9 Steam games + others goodies

From Facebook:
#GalaX will be something memorable folks... 9 Steam games plus Other goodies, including another Greenlight gem from our collection !
Posted Image

#5133 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of buying anything now: we're rounding the corner on October and November/December is usually a period of non-stop crazy deals for Steam and Amazon. Hold out just a little longer!

Waiting for a crazy Dishonored deal... ;)

#5134 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

So what do I decide to play?

PHANTASMAGORIA!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!?!!

Love that game. I have a physical copy, the physical copy I borrowed from a friend in the 90's, and the GoG release. It's been a long time since I've played it, but I still have most of the game memorized. Should play its sequel again, though. Puzzle of Flesh had some interesting easter eggs.

I find myself irritated, once again, by the pricing structure of a piece of DLC vs an entire pack.

Case in point: Sanctum

Yeah, my situation as well. I got it in the bundle it was in a long while ago, then rebought it in the then complete package to get the DLC I lacked, then bought another of the complete package for my wife's account so we can try MP. I'm definitely interested in the new map pack, but I can wait for better than a 20% discount. It will be cheaper.

The bundled price doesn't bother me as much. With a game that offers a good MP experience, it makes it easier to gift or talk friends into purchasing.

GoG is doing something interesting
GOG Pay What You Want: Divinity Anthology
Sale page
Pay-what-you-want: Divine Divinity
BTA (currently $6.17): Beyond Divinity (currently $1 on GMG requires Capsule)
Pay-top-10% (currently $12.28): Divinity II: Developer's Cut

I've been watching the average go down over the past few days. It was originally over $18. Must be a lot of people buying at the minimum, which suits me fine. I'll likely do the same unless the average drops another couple of dollars before the promotion ends. Divine Divinity has been on my wishlist for a while now, though once it came to Steam this year, I figured I'd be getting it there.

Unfortunately, the average increased by a quarter since I last checked. It must have dipped to a lot of people's thresholds, or maybe a lot more people just noticed it with the weekend upon us.

#5135 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Phantasmagoria wasn't even worth it for the T&A.

Resident Evil 1 on PC is actually the only I've played in the series, and it scarred me for life; gave up on the series right then and there.

Man, another Daily that elicits not a single comment—sarcastic, even—in 6+ hours.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5136 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Phantasmagoria wasn't even worth it for the T&A.

Resident Evil 1 on PC is actually the only I've played in the series, and it scarred me for life; gave up on the series right then and there.

Man, another Daily that elicits not a single comment—sarcastic, even—in 6+ hours.

I got it from Groupees for .75 and I assume others passed even at that price.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5137 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I've been watching the average go down over the past few days. It was originally over $18. Must be a lot of people buying at the minimum, which suits me fine. I'll likely do the same unless the average drops another couple of dollars before the promotion ends. Divine Divinity has been on my wishlist for a while now, though once it came to Steam this year, I figured I'd be getting it there.

Unfortunately, the average increased by a quarter since I last checked. It must have dipped to a lot of people's thresholds, or maybe a lot more people just noticed it with the weekend upon us.

The GoG thread is much higher drama than most GoG threads I've seen. Apparently some people bought at as high as $21-23. The price has been been farly stable today. BTA I saw in the morning was $6.17, I saw a high of $6.28 or so, now $6.13. The top tier has slowly and steadily crept up from $12.28 to $12.51.

I think you might be very correct about the weekend-GoG effect, since most of their sales are weekend-long sales, there may be a good flux. At what price new buyers will buy in is an open question (I suspect depends on if they have/want Divinity II), but I would guess there would be a number of lowballers. Beyond Divinity has such mixed reviews (3.5 GoG-stars -- I consider sub-4-GoG-stars to be a warning given the inflated ratings.) and a typical 60% off GoG sale would bring it to $2.40.

#5138 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Registry entries for Comps are generally not good indicators of bundles. That Robot Entertainment one, for instance, includes Orcs Must Die 1 and 2, all DLC, and Hero Academy and all DLC. Comp registry entry updates for Devs/publishers are usually because something was edited, like a price change or to include new or updated stuff. For instance, shortly before that Robot one were Microsoft, Terry Cavanaugh, and Gaslamp Games, and Frozenbyte.

#5139 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Well, to throw out some more wacky speculation a bunch of Nordic (formerly Jowood) titles just had their registry entries edited: Gothic series, Spellforce series, Aquanox series, etc. Total of 14 or so games so it wouldn't fit a possible Nordic Indie Gala. More likely an upcoming Nordic week promo.

#5140 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

You should play XCOM now instead of later. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 a lot, but I am loving XCOM. I wanted to call in sick to work so I could play it.
Posted Image

#5141 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Somebody mentioned in the GoG thread post 489

BlueMooner: Also, how worth it is it to pay extra just to get a dev console for game 3?

Larian is working with Steam and Focus on a patch for DKS to add the Developer Mode (which is the only difference between DKS and D2:DC, aside from the bonus content with the GOG version or the anthology).

There is probably something more official at: http://www.larian.com

But I own the DRM-free Amazon version...

Don't worry.
ALL versions of DKS will get a FREE upgrade to Developer's Cut eventually:
http://www.gog.com/e...thology/post636

#5142 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Well, to throw out some more wacky speculation a bunch of Nordic (formerly Jowood) titles just had their registry entries edited: Gothic series, Spellforce series, Aquanox series, etc. Total of 14 or so games so it wouldn't fit a possible Nordic Indie Gala. More likely an upcoming Nordic week promo.

A ton of games have been getting the data conversion update lately. Some updates might be tied into that.

#5143 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

You should play XCOM now instead of later. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 a lot, but I am loving XCOM. I wanted to call in sick to work so I could play it.

My son has had pneumonia so I called off all week to take care of him. Bonus: 28 hours played for xcom. Though about 8-10 of those are probably idle, taking care of baby time, I've definitely been getting my fill.

#5144 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

A ton of games have been getting the data conversion update lately. Some updates might be tied into that.

Don't crush my dreams!

#5145 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Don't worry.
ALL versions of DKS will get a FREE upgrade to Developer's Cut eventually:
http://www.gog.com/e...thology/post636

Awesome! Thanks for that confirmation.

#5146 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Speaking of Indie Gala and Nordic, they added a bunch of Nordic games recently to the non-bundle Gala store where you use the Gala points. You do get Steam keys from getting them there, unfortunately the 'deals' are not very good at all. Even after using the points and you are better off just waiting for a Steam sale.

#5147 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

The new deal is alright if you haven't been keeping up with indie bundles, but it's a rehash otherwise. It's been in an Indie Royale and an Indie Gala (which could've been had for $2 and was a better deal). I haven't bought a single game yet from IGS, the only new/non-rehashed deal they've had was Gnomoria.

It's worth mentioning that beating the average gets you two other games, Lunnye Devitsy and Wake. I don't think those have been in any other bundles.

I'm not sure what the BTA is now, but three games for $1.50 isn't bad.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5148 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

It's worth mentioning that beating the average gets you two other games, Lunnye Devitsy and Wake. I don't think those have been in any other bundles.

They were in Indie Gala 4

#5149 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

They were in Indie Gala 4. Still good deal though.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#5150 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ah, my bad. Well, good for newbies like me who weren't around for that one. xD

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5151 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

I've got a question about....Origin. So I see they're selling a number of games that I'm pretty sure require Steam (mostly Sega and THQ games) but only Darksiders 2 actually says Steam is required.

Supposing I hypothetically had a $20 coupon for doing an Origin survey or something...would I be able to get Steam keys for these games? Hypothetically? :) Or are there some special non-Steam versions made just for Origin? Anybody know?
76561197996844513.png

#5152 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

I've got a question about....Origin. So I see they're selling a number of games that I'm pretty sure require Steam (mostly Sega and THQ games) but only Darksiders 2 actually says Steam is required.

Supposing I hypothetically had a $20 coupon for doing an Origin survey or something...would I be able to get Steam keys for these games? Hypothetically? :) Or are there some special non-Steam versions made just for Origin? Anybody know?

I don't believe there are any games that have a special version just for Origin. If it Steamworks then it has to be activated on Steam regardless.

#5153 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Yeah I didn't think so either. It expires 10/21 so I'll probably just pick up Hell Yeah or Orcs Must Die 2 or something before then and consider it a freebie.
76561197996844513.png

#5154 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

you should play xcom now instead of later. I enjoyed borderlands 2 a lot, but i am loving xcom. I wanted to call in sick to work so i could play it.

qfe

#5155 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

Greenlight Bundle 2 is live

For $1 you get:

Pixel Blocked!
Omegalodon
Starlaxis Light Hunter

For $5 you get the above along with:

Call of Cthuhlu: The Wasted Land
Perpetuum (30 day trial lol)
Dawn of Fantasy
Oniken (this was also in Indie Royale)
General Conflict
and Awesomenauts Mean and Green DLC bundle which unlocks next week

I don't know if anyone cares, but today I sent off PMs to developers that had their games on Desura for the first Greenlight bundle. I asked for Desura keys, and got one for Syder Arcade within the first 5 mins after sending a PM. Might be worth a shot if you're at all interested in getting Desura keys. The greenlight bundle site tends to have painfully slow download speeds.

Maybe Omegalodon will get Greenlit so BAB3 will give out the Steam key

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5156 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Speaking of Indie Gala and Nordic, they added a bunch of Nordic games recently to the non-bundle Gala store where you use the Gala points. You do get Steam keys from getting them there, unfortunately the 'deals' are not very good at all. Even after using the points and you are better off just waiting for a Steam sale.

Ah, that's probably why they had their registries updated. Didn't the Gala guys say nothing would be in a bundle that's already on sale at their store?

#5157 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Maybe Omegalodon will get Greenlit so BAB3 will give out the Steam key

I skipped it in BAB3 as it had already been leaked for the second greenlight bundle.

#5158 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

World of Goo on sale for 80% off bringing it to 1.99
http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5159 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

This is for the CAG Steam Group.

Posted Image

#5160 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:32 PM