Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5371 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

After entering 64 giveaways on SteamGifts for The Ship in the past 2 days, I FINALLY WON! wohoo! my third win on steamgifts ever.
Turns out its a 2 pack.
If anyone actually wants to play the game, pm me with your steam profile link and ill make you a winner too.
winner is audio vicious!

Edited by JakeNome, 16 October 2012 - 10:03 PM.

WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#5372 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Wow. To the Moon. Want. I want Blackwell, but I don't have the other games. I'd rather get them all at once.

#5373 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Did anybody notice that STEAM MOBILE APP finally got its first update? V1.1.0.

That took forever. But yeah, hope they start updating the app more. i want to see my inventory!

#5374 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

After entering 64 giveaways on SteamGifts for The Ship in the past 2 days, I FINALLY WON! wohoo! my third win on steamgifts ever.
Turns out its a 2 pack.
If anyone actually wants to play the game, pm me with your steam profile link and ill make you a winner too.

This post had me go check out of curiosity how many times I won on Steamgifts.
I've won 14 times in 2278 entries.

What about everyone else?

#5375 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Turns out its a 2 pack.

I'd just like to add that Jake is awesome again. I wish I could buy him a drink or something.

#5376 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

I enter mostly small group giveaways, but 5 wins in 117 entries.

#5377 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

I've won 14 times in 1187 entries. I think most of mine have been from specific groups. Group and private giveaways are really the way to go with SG.

#5378 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Turns out its a 2 pack.
winner is audio vicious!

man thats a lot of "The Ship" entries! i probably entered 30+ so far and have yet to won a copy! i heard it was given for free somewhere but i missed out on getting my own... i think my points already has accumulted again for the day.... time to enter more ship entries!! haha!

#5379 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

I've won 14 times in 1187 entries. I think most of mine have been from specific groups. Group and private giveaways are really the way to go with SG.

I agree group and private are the best, but unforuantly for those with giant Steam libraries the pickings are slim. I find myself being able to spend points on pretty much all giveaways that I don't have now and still have points lol

#5380 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Oil Rig in the new Indie Royale comes with a steam code and a cd key that works on Steam, so 2 for the price of 1.

#5381 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

the new BL2 dlc is pretty cool. finally got an orange sniper and it's completely OP.

Hand__Of__God.png

#5382 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

I've won 2 out of 1,269. Those 2 were big developer giveaways though (tryst & guns of icarus online), so I don't know if they really count as "winning". Everyone that entered the Guns of Icarus giveaway won and I had a 1/3 shot on the tryst giveaway.

#5383 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

2392 entries, 79 wins >_>

Then again I'm quite active on sg, especially for giveaway puzzles, where many of my wins come from.

Also, thinking of biting on the new King's Bounty, but prices drop so quickly on that series. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 66-75% off by the winter sale.

#5384 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Did Steam community just die for everyone or am I just special?

#5385 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Did Steam community just die for everyone or am I just special?

Steam announced maintenance for this evening. That may be happening now.

#5386 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Steam announced maintenance for this evening. That may be happening now.

That was quick maintenance :D

#5387 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Mark of the Ninja came out. This was amazing on Xbox.

I don't do the imperative often and look down on people who use it but I'm breaking it out here. You folks should take a close look at this one.

#5388 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I don't do the imperative often and look down on people who use it but I'm breaking it out here. You folks should take a close look at this one.

It's already on my wishlist. I'll probably pick it up during the Holiday sale.

#5389 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

been looking forward to it but with the origin fall sale rounding out my backlog i think i'll hold off until it inevitably gets in a humble bundle

Hand__Of__God.png

#5390 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I think it's a case of each to their own, but yes I'd agree that the non-stop DLC water the game down a bit. However, I can trump your entire argument with this:

Posted Image

That's a giraffe. On a treadmill. It's a DD pet reward for beating... somethingthatInevergotroundtobeating.

Your move, golden calf.

I believe it was for getting to wave 50 or something crazy on a survival map. Prior to some patch that lets you save your wave progress you had to sit at your computer (or build an effective defense to go afk) for like... five hours or so to actually get to that point. And keep in mind that if Steam went down it would disconnect you.

I don't hate the game... if anything I hate the developers for taking such a great idea and screwing it up.

#5391 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

I agree group and private are the best, but unforuantly for those with giant Steam libraries the pickings are slim. I find myself being able to spend points on pretty much all giveaways that I don't have now and still have points lol

God, I haven't entered a steamgifts giveaway in like a month. I would have thousands of points if they didn't have a limit cap.

#5392 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

645 entered, 4 won. Two were group give-aways, two public. The public wins were Train Simulator 2012/2013 and Dangerous High School Girls In Trouble!

#5393 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

2,205 entered, 48 won. Most of them in groups.

#5394 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Seems like steamgifts is better than playblink. 577 entries and 0 wins on the latter so far (and I only enter the random draw ones so equal chances to win).

#5395 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Unimpressed with all the IR bundles lately (besides the one with Analogue, which wasn't a bad deal). Why so many people are chomping at the bit to buy an RPG Maker XP game is beyond me, especially when you can get games like it (for better or worse) for absolutely free elsewhere.

Can't complain about a Blackwell game being in the bundle, but for $5? Weak bundle.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5396 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Holy ship.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5397 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

21 wins/2,644 entries. Also, as for hiding DLC you already own on SteamGifts using the plugin, it has an ignore button as well. Just click through (double click on the photo of the DLC til it goes to the Steam page) and see if the green banner shows up showing you have it, then if it does, ignore that giveaway and that particular DLC will never show up in the giveaway list again. I recommend you back up the list regularly though (click upper left on Giveaway Filter Settings and then copy/paste to text editor)

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5398 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Thank you both!

[Edit] I consider myself tech literate but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is asking me to do.

Did you get it to work? I didn't realize the code changed. It used to be a Chrome extension with a one-click install, but the newest version of Chrome only allows extensions from the Chrome Web Store to be installed.

All you have to do is download js file in that thread, go to "Settings" then "Extensions" and drag it into the window and click "Install".

#5399 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

969 entries

2 wins

Yeah . . .

#5400 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Unimpressed with all the IR bundles lately (besides the one with Analogue, which wasn't a bad deal). Why so many people are chomping at the bit to buy an RPG Maker XP game is beyond me, especially when you can get games like it (for better or worse) for absolutely free elsewhere.

Can't complain about a Blackwell game being in the bundle, but for $5? Weak bundle.

People seem to like the story in To The Moon. That has nothing to do with the tools used to create it.

You seem interested in Blackwell which is built using Adventure Game Studio, the point and click adventure game equivalent of RPG Maker. You can get games just like it (for better or worse) for absolutely free elsewhere.