Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#541 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

First person that:

1. Is CAGiversary or higher
2. Wants to buy Portal 2 for themselves or a co-op buddy
3. Quotes this post with a link to their Steam profile

...is welcome to my Portal 2 75% off coupon :)

EDIT: claimed by a worthy recipient below!

Edited by Lint21, 17 August 2012 - 05:13 AM.

SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#542 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

holy crap. moving and pre-semester stuff is apparently taking more time than i thought. not only is there a new thread, but it's 500 posts old. i am missing a lot.
Posted Image

#543 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

i am missing a lot.

Not really.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#544 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Big fan of Alan Wake. Loved the shooting and the story. Just thought the ending of AW was as terrible as Monkey Island 2's ending.

For Analogue, big fan. Also a fan of Digital: A Love Story and don't take it personally babe. They're all kinda schlocky but Analogue has enough in it that it really feels like a magnum opus for the author. Digital is basically a rather standard story told with an old dial-up modems and BBS feel.

Note that playing Analogue for even five minutes spoils one of the early twists in Digital. Nothing major but you know what will happen earlier than you should. It feels dumb that the author insisted on using that in Analogue.

don't take it personally babe is charming. I must be terribly weak against school drama as I keep reading Surviving High School and don't take it personally babe is pretty much that but written by a gay girly geek. If you're playing don't take it personally, I think I should recommend that you live it up. It's a VN, not a score-based game, so when you have an opportunity to be less than an ideal teacher, you may just want to go for it rather than try to stay the ideal. You won't lose.

And for Analogue, the endings are all obvious
Spoiler
, except for the
Spoiler
ending which requires you to get tricky by
Spoiler
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#545 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

Looks like I'll be killing Hitler this weekend

#546 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

holy crap. moving and pre-semester stuff is apparently taking more time than i thought. not only is there a new thread, but it's 500 posts old. i am missing a lot.

You didn't miss anything, the thread temporarily became 4chan and was bombarded with vids/pics. The only memorable thing that was posted was a link to this video:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#547 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

You didn't miss anything, the thread temporarily became 4chan and was bombarded with vids/pics. The only memorable thing that was posted was a link to this video:

Spoiler

Am I the only one that has to watch that video start to finish every time its posted or I stumble across it? It is absurd but entertaining and catchy at the same time. Glad you posted it just now.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#548 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Kill Hitler feels like just one short level from the main game cut out and with the target reskinned to be Hitler. It's short and the extra rifles aren't anything to write home about. Still, I loved SEv2 for all its flaws and enjoyed the level. The actual assassination was one of the more intense gun battles of the game. (Think the end of the demo with the target escaping through the tank rubble while you snipe his guards and try to get a shot at him. That only much more intense.)
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#549 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Looks like I'll be killing Hitler this weekend

Okay is that a game or are they rerunning that Doctor Who episode?

(annoying Korean video by William Hung wannabe that everyone on the planet except me seems to love snipped)

4chan? Really? That's a bit harsh.

I suppose we'll have to try to keep things more on topic about deals for the net nannies and so Rolling Skull can go back to bitching about indie games instead of the posts.

On second though, Fuck that.

mdUFwSE.png

#550 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Okay is that a game or are they rerunning that Doctor Who episode?

*cough*

Weekend Deal

Sniper Elite Franchise Pack $18.69 66% off includes below
Sniper Elite $3.39 66% off
Sniper Elite V2 $16.99 66% off
Sniper Elite V2 Kill Hitler DLC $2.71 66% off

#551 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Oh okay, that explains it. I don't normally play FPS so I ignore those when they come up on deals.

mdUFwSE.png

#552 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Am I the only one that has to watch that video start to finish every time its posted or I stumble across it? It is absurd but entertaining and catchy at the same time. Glad you posted it just now.

I don't really find that video entertaining at all. Even on a stupid ha ha level, it's just cheesy generic pop and an equally cheesy video. There's no cleverness in any of it. It's purposely done to be stupid and cheesy and that just by itself is not enough to entertain me.

Kill Hitler feels like just one short level from the main game cut out and with the target reskinned to be Hitler. It's short and the extra rifles aren't anything to write home about. Still, I loved SEv2 for all its flaws and enjoyed the level. The actual assassination was one of the more intense gun battles of the game. (Think the end of the demo with the target escaping through the tank rubble while you snipe his guards and try to get a shot at him. That only much more intense.)

Sounds worth it to me! Thanks for the mini review. I hope the next Sniper Elite is an indie game just so you can love to hate it!

#553 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

4chan? Really? That's a bit harsh.

Eh, maybe a little. Personally it was pretty annoying seeing all of those pics/vids being posted page after page; almost as annoying as the wave of newcomers asking about Day-Z and what's gonna be on sale every day during the summer sale or when the sale will start. Someone mentioned 4chan, which made a lot of sense.

I don't mean it personally by any means, it just felt like a flood of nonsense that didn't belong. I'm sure there are a few who agree. ;)

#554 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hey guys, what's this Day-Z thingamajig, and any idea when the summer sale will start?

#555 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hey guys, what's this Day-Z thingamajig, and any idea when the summer sale will start?

Posted Image

MARS

#556 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

I may need one myself but I am testing it out first to see how well it can even run on the girlfriend's laptop.

It'll probably run fine. It's pretty optimized. 28 FPS on a 2011 (HD 3000, Intel) Macbook Air.

And yet the elevator scene never gets less disturbing. He needs to learn to accept his manboobs. (Why else is he wearing his towel like that in the sauna scene?)

#557 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

I do it, too. I also try to get my friends to watch it, and I use it as the new rickroll. Like: Hey ____ (friend), check out this video by _____ (interesting person). It rules: _____ (link to Gangnam Style).

I love that people get pissed when the thread gets off topic, like we need to post about the daily deal for 24 hours. Anyone who wants to see discussion of the deals: look at posts from around 10 am PST (Valve time).

#558 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

I don't mind it getting off-topic (not sure if that was directed at me or not, I don't take it personally either way though =P), I was just annoyed with the flood of pics/vids. ;)

#559 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

I don't mind it getting off-topic (not sure if that was directed at me or not, I don't take it personally either way though =P), I was just annoyed with the flood of pics/vids. ;)

Not personal, people mention it every day.

Also, how could you not love the dance battle with the Korean Michael Cera?

#560 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Not personal, people mention it every day.

Also, how could you not love the dance battle with the Korean Michael Cera?

I don't always look at pictures and watch videos, but when I do, I prefer gems like the one you mentioned. ;)

#561 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

I don't really find that video entertaining at all. Even on a stupid ha ha level, it's just cheesy generic pop and an equally cheesy video. There's no cleverness in any of it. It's purposely done to be stupid and cheesy and that just by itself is not enough to entertain me.

I'm sorry to hear that fox. You'll be receiving your Cranky Old Man membership materials in the mail shortly :booty:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#562 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

I'm sorry to hear that fox. You'll be receiving your Cranky Old Man membership materials in the mail shortly :booty:

I request to join him.

With that comment I was going to post a picture of Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets up in their box, but then I remembered that we are posting too many pictures. :roll: :oldman:

mdUFwSE.png

#563 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'm glad to see that you guys enjoyed that video I posted haha. Like I said in the original post when I linked it, I've watched it everyday since it came out, and yes each time I see it linked here I end up watching it again too lol.

Back on topic. Man, been playing Darksiders 2 and it is freaking awesome. If you liked the first one, it is everything that game is and like 50x more. I'm 20 hours into it and I'm not close to being done and loving every moment (the first one took me 20 hours total to beat and I got everything but 4 of those artifacts). Well worth the cash on this one, just did a 6.5 hour session, kept telling myself one more dungeon lol.

#564 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Back on topic. Man, been playing Darksiders 2 and it is freaking awesome. If you liked the first one, it is everything that game is and like 50x more.

Good to hear. Fortunately my inner CAG says I'm only halfway though the first one and to, "finish it noob."

#565 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

I could have gone to sleep, but no I had to click the play button on that video; now I have that crap in my mind :wall:<- get out of my head.

#566 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

but then I remembered that we are posting too many pictures. :roll: :oldman:

Posted Image

Yay hipocrisy!

#567 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

I screwed myself over the first go round because

Spoiler

Whoops.

I'll have to play it again and be more careful this time. I like that there are multiple endings though, it adds replayability.

I've never really played a visual novel before and I'm surprised how much I like it.

Oh wow, I didn't know that was possible to do. Of course, I know in Anogue when the
Spoiler

#568 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

http://blog.onlive.c...-twice-as-nice/

Free indie games - SpaceChem and Space Pirates and Zombies (S.P.A.Z.) this weekend but they cannot be activated in Steam. Follow the links based on your region.

United States: www.onlive.com/indieredeem/US2FORND
United Kingdom: www.onlive.co.uk/indieredeem/UK2FORND
Belgium: www.onlive.be/indieredeem/BE2FORND

#569 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

http://blog.onlive.c...-twice-as-nice/

Free indie games - SpaceChem and Space Pirates and Zombies (S.P.A.Z.) this weekend but they cannot be activated in Steam. Follow the links based on your region.

United States: www.onlive.com/indieredeem/US2FORND
United Kingdom: www.onlive.co.uk/indieredeem/UK2FORND
Belgium: www.onlive.be/indieredeem/BE2FORND

Thank you for the info, but it has nothing to do with Steam.

MARS

#570 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thank you for the info, but it has nothing to do with Steam.

Not sure if serious ...
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!