Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5671 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Another Borderlands 2 Golden key: 53C3T-BFJSZ-RBT33-BB3JJ-C6CT3

#5672 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Another Borderlands 2 Golden key: 53C3T-BFJSZ-RBT33-BB3JJ-C6CT3

thanks..finally im home when one of these goes up

#5673 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

it did hit $2.50, not sure if it was this past summer sale or last holiday sale.

My purchase history shows it was 2.49 during the holiday sale last December.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5674 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Dammit, too late for these last 2 codes, but cheers to the posters!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5675 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Perhaps my fellow CAG's can help me out. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and grab The Bard's Tale. I've been mildly interested in the game since the PS2 days, and I've simply passed on it every single time. Now, the game is $2.50 and even includes the originals. However, I still can't seem to get myself to take the plunge, and the deal has less than two days to go.

So, CAG's - Is The Bard's Tale worth $2.50?

#5676 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I looked it up and it seems like a pretty prominent issue, but sometimes after I shut down, all the non-Steam games that I've added to my library get removed. Does anyone have this problem or have a solution for this?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5677 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Perhaps my fellow CAG's can help me out. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and grab The Bard's Tale. I've been mildly interested in the game since the PS2 days, and I've simply passed on it every single time. Now, the game is $2.50 and even includes the originals. However, I still can't seem to get myself to take the plunge, and the deal has less than two days to go.

do eeeeeeeeeeeet

#5678 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I don't know if anyone has some advice but I'm about the shelve Sleeping Dogs as a big disappointment. Combat is just ridiculous. Countering/blocking is sluggish and leaves me open if I mistime it but "mistiming" it is practically random considering how the game responds to hitting the button. I'm stuck in a fight against five guys which I barely make it through only to fight five more immediately after and haven't come close to winning.

I'm not randomly mashing mouse buttons; I'm trying to time the blocks and grapple and all that stuff. But the game has gone from "This is cool" to "Wow, this is the exact opposite of fun" within a very short period of time. I mean, if this is how the first hour is, I don't think the fights are going to get easier further on.

Maybe I just suck and shouldn't play the game or something but I'm hoping that's not the answer.

#5679 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Considering that now you also get the original games when you buy The Bards Tale, I highly recommend it :)

#5680 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

do eeeeeeeeeeeet

I'm sorry, but I just noticed the tagline under your username. If that's true, I'm sorry for your loss - I enjoyed your story of how your cat became so fond of the Miniature Display Tent, and I understand how difficult it is to lose a family pet.

#5681 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

New Gearbox Shift codes up:

WinPC: WT5BT-W6BSH-6BT3J-BJ3TT-TXZW3
PS3: C3CTJ-XJ6HT-FSTWJ-SBCBJ-3WTXF
X360: C3CTJ-XJ6CX-BRXTR-KFBBJ-3WTB6

Source

Edit: Roughly 1 1/2 hours left on these at the time of this post.
Wubwubwubwub.

#5682 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm sorry, but I just noticed the tagline under your username. If that's true, I'm sorry for your loss - I enjoyed your story of how your cat became so fond of the Miniature Display Tent, and I understand how difficult it is to lose a family pet.

Oh thanks man, it was a few months ago I had to have him put down. As far as the bards tale goes I've been having fun with it when I've been stayin at my GF's place...its def worth the 2.50 IMO...and the added originals..while I havent played them def add to the value.

#5683 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I don't know if anyone has some advice but I'm about the shelve Sleeping Dogs as a big disappointment. Combat is just ridiculous. Countering/blocking is sluggish and leaves me open if I mistime it but "mistiming" it is practically random considering how the game responds to hitting the button. I'm stuck in a fight against five guys which I barely make it through only to fight five more immediately after and haven't come close to winning.

I'm not randomly mashing mouse buttons; I'm trying to time the blocks and grapple and all that stuff. But the game has gone from "This is cool" to "Wow, this is the exact opposite of fun" within a very short period of time. I mean, if this is how the first hour is, I don't think the fights are going to get easier further on.

Maybe I just suck and shouldn't play the game or something but I'm hoping that's not the answer.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but sirfragalot mentioned something about the timing being off for combat when he first played. Maybe ask him if he knows anything?

I haven't played the game, so can't help personally.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#5684 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Quick question on steamgifts, sorry if this is the wrong spot for it. I was trying to enter a contest to win "Payday The Hiest" and every entry I look at it says "exists in your account". What does that mean? I tried to view my winnings thinking maybe I've won it but missed the notice and nothing is there? I looked at a giveaway for Borderlands 2 and was able to enter that one just fine.

#5685 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Quick question on steamgifts, sorry if this is the wrong spot for it. I was trying to enter a contest to win "Payday The Hiest" and every entry I look at it says "exists in your account". What does that mean? I tried to view my winnings thinking maybe I've won it but missed the notice and nothing is there? I looked at a giveaway for Borderlands 2 and was able to enter that one just fine.

it exists in your account because its currently having a free weekend...so it exits in everyones account this weekend

#5686 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

it exists in your account because its currently having a free weekend...so it exits in everyones account this weekend

oh darn I wish I would have known I could have tried it. I guess I'll download and try getting a game or two in thanks.

#5687 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I have one copy of Airmech (beta, I believe). Does anybody want it? I've asked everybody on my friend list who doesn't already have it and nobody wants it. lol

Anybody out there want it?

Edited by The End, 20 October 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#5688 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I looked it up and it seems like a pretty prominent issue, but sometimes after I shut down, all the non-Steam games that I've added to my library get removed. Does anyone have this problem or have a solution for this?

Before shutting down your computer, try exiting Steam and waiting for the Cloud sync to finish first.

That works for me.

I have one copy of Airmech (beta, I believe). Does anybody want it? I've asked everybody on my friend list who doesn't already have it and nobody wants it. lol

Anybody out there want it?

I'll give it a go if it's going :)

#5689 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'll give it a go if it's going :)

OK, it's yours if you want it. Just sent you a PM with my steam profile.

#5690 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

i've got amazon steam codes for Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings 2 i got from a previous sale that i'd love to let go for cheap (i just want to get out from under them). pm me if interested.

#5691 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Before shutting down your computer, try exiting Steam and waiting for the Cloud sync to finish first.

That works for me.

Still annoys me lol... thanks.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5692 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

i've got amazon steam codes for Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings 2 i got from a previous sale that i'd love to let go for cheap (i just want to get out from under them). pm me if interested.

You could probably unload it pretty quick in the Steam trade thread.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#5693 Goatbuster

Goatbuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

PM'd
Posted Image

#5694 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

I just experienced HL: Blue Shift playing audio off the CD drive. It was right when the zombies are introduced and they are pulling a guard apart by the arms. The music starts and I think, "Action time!"

HL has weird spacey electronica so this song didn't seem out of place. It doesn't have typical dubstep bass so I just thought it was from the 90s. Full surround with a sub sounded fucking awesome.

#5695 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Surprised no one has responded yet. Here is what happened my first two times playing SD: I hated the combat! Granted these were random times my bro handed me the controller without me having played it at all, but I too found the combat system horrible and unresponsive. And this was on the Xbox. But when I bought it and started playing it on my own on the PC I have the opposite feeling now. Probably my favorite combat system in a GTA style game.

Tips are to do side missions/cop missions/ return jade statues, etc. to level and get better at fighting. All this really does help. If you try to follow just the main story line or do the cameras without exploring some of the side stuff it will take longer for the combat to level up for you. It's all about timing. Attack one or two guys, counter when another guy comes in (Red) and then attack him. When I was being overpowered my strategy was to grapple as many people I could and do environmental kills to thin the ranks and then deal with a smaller crowd. That said, right now I can handle gangs of 10-15 thugs ;)

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#5696 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Heres what I did a lot:

1. steal gun from cop
2. shoot enemies

I still dont like the game though
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#5697 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

i played sleeping dogs on ps3. combat was responsive and fantastic. don't know about pc, but the melee was on a long list of great things about the game.

however, different enemies do need different strategies. you can't use certain moves against certain enemies or you'll get beat down.

but yea, i absolutely loved that game.

#5698 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Another BL2 Golden Key Code: CBCJT-X6BHS-RT3J3-TB3TJ-HCZ9J

Expires somewhere between 7:00pm-7:30pm PDT

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#5699 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

What do these golden keys do, anyway?

I think I might be getting Borderlands 2 curtsey of Newegg's decision earlier tonight to sell OEM copies of the keys that were supposed to be given out with video cards. I'm curious as to what they do. Also, is there a way to redeem the key code without having the game yet?

#5700 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

What do these golden keys do, anyway?

I think I might be getting Borderlands 2 curtsey of Newegg's decision earlier tonight to sell OEM copies of the keys that were supposed to be given out with video cards. I'm curious as to what they do. Also, is there a way to redeem the key code without having the game yet?

They allow you to open a chest which gives you awesome loot that is dependent on your current level. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image