Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5701 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Oh ok. I assume that I need the have the game to redeem the code. Correct?

EDIT: Never mind. Stupid question. Of course you need to have the game.

57j.gif

#5702 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Oh ok. I assume that I need the have the game to redeem the code. Correct?

EDIT: Never mind. Stupid question. Of course you need to have the game.

Haha as of right now, yeah you do. If they'd allow us to not have to open the game to enter the code, it would be better for us and allow those who don't own the game yet to stock up on codes. Not a stupid question at all; if they were smart they'd let us access the Shift software like in the game menu, but unfortunately they haven't yet done this, and it may stay this way. =/

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#5703 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'm sure they do it to try and make it seem like you're missing out if you don't own the game already. I know that it makes me feel that way when I see one of those codes. The way that they release a new one every day or so hammers the point home too.

Pretty ingenious really. Much more affective than having some preorder bonus item.

57j.gif

#5704 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

I would think making a good game in the FIRST place would be slightly more ingenious but we're talking about Gearbox here so I can't expect much
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#5705 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

I would think making a good game in the FIRST place would be slightly more ingenious but we're talking about Gearbox here so I can't expect much

That's much harder to do.

#5706 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Broken Sword : Director's Cut- 8R0RV-5C47G-6IY34
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror- 8RWA0-29KEH-6XR8N
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon- 8NJY6-BBKVH-4KPPG

Posted these in the indie gala thread earlier, probably lurked but not one person mentioned them. Enjoy if you can get them.

#5707 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Broken Sword : Director's Cut- 8R0RV-5C47G-6IY34
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror- 8RWA0-29KEH-6XR8N
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon- 8NJY6-BBKVH-4KPPG

Posted these in the indie gala thread earlier, probably lurked but not one person mentioned them. Enjoy if you can get them.

They've all been used already. Thanks for posting though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5708 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Haha as of right now, yeah you do. If they'd allow us to not have to open the game to enter the code, it would be better for us and allow those who don't own the game yet to stock up on codes. Not a stupid question at all; if they were smart they'd let us access the Shift software like in the game menu, but unfortunately they haven't yet done this, and it may stay this way. =/

I wouldn't mind being able to do that (enter codes w/o the game open) but I am thankful SHIFT doesn't require an extra software program running in the background.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5709 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

I wouldn't mind being able to do that (enter codes w/o the game open) but I am thankful SHIFT doesn't require an extra software program running in the background.

Yeah, very thankful for them not making Shift into another abomination like Windows Live or UPlay (knock on wood), but I can't help but to still be a little peeved. =/

#5710 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

I really hate this new social media integration into games. Follow this guy on twitter to get golden keys. Like us on facebook to get a golden key. Sign up for our newsletter to get a golden key. How about no? I paid cash money for your game stop making me jump through hoops to get the most out of it.

Hand__Of__God.png

#5711 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

I really hate this new social media integration into games. Follow this guy on twitter to get golden keys. Like us on facebook to get a golden key. Sign up for our newsletter to get a golden key. How about no? I paid cash money for your game stop making me jump through hoops to get the most out of it.

I agree. I hate f***book and tw*tter for personal reasons, and resent that I even have accounts on both of them, but being a bit OCD with this kinda stuff I just feel like I'm missing out on the game.

It'd be really nice if they decided to integrate these types of things into the game, even if they made it really hard to get them (some challenge mission or something). But with how things are going these days, it seems everyone wants to make a point to integrate some sort of social media into their games...

It's annoying, but I'll deal with it if it'll get me something useful. I'd rather not do it, but what choice do I have? :roll:

#5712 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Golden keys aren't necessary to play the game. Now, "follow us on Twitter! to pass our copy protection scheme" would be the shitty. Besides, thanks to the efforts of Sev and others reposting, I haven't had to do any of that to take advantage of them.

Posted Image
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5713 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Golden keys aren't necessary to play the game. Now, "follow us on Twitter! to pass our copy protection scheme" would be the shitty. Besides, thanks to the efforts of Sev and others reposting, I haven't had to do any of that to take advantage of them.

Posted Image

Just passing on the word from the SHIFT code thread. They may not be necessary, but they're surely nice to have since the idea is to get the shiniest gun you can. =P

#5714 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

And on that note, ironically, here's a new BL2 Golden Key Code. ;)

K3K3T-H6B9H-R3BBT-333J3-BSH5T

#5715 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

I don't even bother any more, since I have a 50, and 4x 32-38. Once you farm (or dupe, I guess) level 50 legendaries, the keys are kinda meh.

elessar123.png

#5716 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

borderlands 2 is pretty damn awesome imo. like, really solid. far better than the first.

never had a golden key, never needed a golden key.

#5717 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

It's official. I have spent more time redeeming Shift codes than actually playing Borderlands 2!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5718 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

It's official. I have spent more time redeeming Shift codes than actually playing Borderlands 2!

Congratulations! :D

#5719 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Another BL2 Golden Key Code: WB5T3-JS3Z9-RJTTT-JJ333-FTXJX

EDIT: My bad, first code was the previous. Updated with the new code. ;)

#5720 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm not a fan of the social media stuff either. Actually following on facebook/twitter to get game upgrades is all I use facebook and twitter for anyway :-)

#5721 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm not a fan of the social media stuff either. Actually following on facebook/twitter to get game upgrades is all I use facebook and twitter for anyway :-)

+1

I'd rather not endorse stalkerware. =P

#5722 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot, it is a great game. Worth the 15 dollars, and it'll be a steal at any upcoming promo.

#5723 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot, it is a great game. Worth the 15 dollars, and it'll be a steal at any upcoming promo.

I can't wait until that game hits a sale. I love stealth games.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#5724 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Yep, and other gaming websites, such as Raptr, require you to connect your account to Facebook to receive certain rewards. These are all ways for TrapWire to build its database of information about you.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#5725 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

First, the golden keys just give you free loot so you aren't really getting "more" out of the game by using them.

Of course if you really want to stick it to the man and not play into their social networking shenanigans:
Spoiler

#5726 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

New Golden Key code: 53KTT-KSJ9H-63TTB-JTTBB-XTC6S

#5727 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

First, the golden keys just give you free loot so you aren't really getting "more" out of the game by using them.

Of course if you really want to stick it to the man and not play into their social networking shenanigans:

Spoiler

If I am not mistaken they patched the game due to people performing those exact shenanigans.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#5728 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Heres what I did a lot:

1. steal gun from cop
2. shoot enemies

I still dont like the game though

If you have a controller, I'd recommend using it. The combat feels more natural (IMO) using a gamepad. But then again, I do most of my PC gaming with a controller. KBM only feels natural for FPS and RTS to me.

Speaking of, I finished Sleepy Dogs yesterday and had a blast with it. Looked fantastic, and I really dug the setting, atmosphere, and combat. I also started and finished Spec Ops: The Line, which was also very good. That game has some fantastic art direction. I love the visual design of the settings. The plot wasn't bad either, and was fairly compelling, but the twist was disappointing. Just the right length as well; any longer and it would start outstaying its welcome.

Now I just have to figure out what to play next...
Posted Image

#5729 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

New Golden Key code: 53KTT-KSJ9H-63TTB-JTTBB-XTC6S

This one must be dead, didn't work for me.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5730 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I so prefer stealth to run/gun/jump/gun/run/jump/etc