Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5851 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

As it says on the bundle page.

oh so their only stealing 1.25 from you. I guess that makes it ok.

I included the more expensive bundle in my original comment. The point is you will save money if you buy them individually and not in the bundle.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5852 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm not seeing any mention of DRM in the description of Brotherhood. Is Steam the only DRM in that one?

#5853 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm not seeing any mention of DRM in the description of Brotherhood. Is Steam the only DRM in that one?

i think it requires you to sign up for their but only if you want to play online, and the online is dead anyway

Hand__Of__God.png

#5854 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

I would have grabbed Revelations if it hit $10 or less. Gamersgates sale for the series was better.

#5855 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

AC2, AC:B, and AC:R ALL utilize UbiSoft's UPLAY.

#5856 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

AC2, AC:B, and AC:R ALL utilize UbiSoft's UPLAY.

Thanks for the info, folks. I will probably pass, then.

#5857 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for the info, folks. I will probably pass, then.

Most of Ubi's games (since AC2) have & will utilize UbiSoft's UPlay.
There is an offline mode (like Steam has), for most games.

Silent Hunter 5 and HAWX2 require online at all times, though.

#5858 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hello Steamers!

I would rather not be referred to as that, I think.

;)

#5859 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I would rather not be referred to as that, I think.

;)

It would only bother me if I was from Cleveland

#5860 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

The other Midweek Madness is the Assassin's Creed Franchise at up to 75% off.

Today's deal is Krater at 50% off ($7.49)
The price hasn't updated yet. The collector's edition (w/ soundtrack and Dr. Cerebro Pack) may be $9.99.

Krater: Co-Op is the newest free expansion pack to the real-time squad based dungeon crawling adventure known as Krater. The game combines fast paced combat, tactical squad management, crafting, and questing all seen from a classic RTS perspective.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Indie

Krater's also on sale on Gamersgate, too.
See this post in GG thread.

Straight-up, 2 pack for Reg Ed is cheaper on Steam ($13.49).
The rest is pretty much the same.

2 pack for CE is $20 on GG, though.

#5861 valenor the bored

valenor the bored

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Is Krater fun if I intend to only play it in single player?

#5862 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

It's got mixed reviews, but it is meant to be single player if I am not mistaken? Co Op just got patched into it. It's not an MMO it is just made to sort of mimick one I think.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5863 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

It uses uplay, but you don't need to be online to play it, so it's not really much of a restriction other than being tied to an account.

#5864 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Krater will eventually end up in an indie bundle like the other Fatshark games (Lead & Gold and Hamilton's Adventure).

#5865 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes, its an action RPG in the vein of Diablo or Torchlight. I believe now they have multiplayer but I'm not sure because I haven't played for some time. It got harsh reviews and I think thats partially because the game was released rather incomplete but they have a steady stream of patches. I'd definitely recommend this game if you like the genre and the setting is a pretty neat post-apocalyptic Sweden with a kind of Borderlands art style. The music is also unique for the genre.

If you haven't bought it yet, you can probably wait until it hits 66% or in the winter sale. Good game but 50% off is what I paid for it in the last Steam sale.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#5866 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

In for AC2 and Brotherhood. I heard the first one got kind of repetitive and $15 is still too expensive for Revelations.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#5867 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Yes, its an action RPG in the vein of Diablo or Torchlight.

Disagree. It isn't. It's not great either. Best one-line-description I can give is that it's like mini-managing your own MMO group (tank/healer/damage dealer) but it's a bit grindy.

Wait for 75% off if you're tempted.

#5868 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

AC1 is repetitive as hell but the story is best there. AC2 gave us a better lead character but everything else was such a huge tonal shift that all the bad guys are basically cartoon characters. ACB confirmed the plot is just going to be an endlessly milked wankfest of cliffhangers forever more.

#5869 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

What's the story like with the Assassin's Creed series? Is the first game necessary? I don't know how I feel about paying $5 for it when it seems like it's not as good, plus Bioshock 1 and 2 are on sale for just $2.50 more. Think the first will ever be any cheaper?

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#5870 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Killing Floor is 75% Off
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/1250/

Also, new DLC:
http://store.steampo...com/app/210934/

DLC is discounted too.

#5871 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Killing Floor is 75% Off

Also, new DLC:

DLC is discounted too.

Awesome! Halloween event time. Good to have once I 100% Sleeping Dogs :)

Like the new DLC too, but waiting for it to hit 75% off.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5872 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

In for AC2 and Brotherhood. I heard the first one got kind of repetitive and $15 is still too expensive for Revelations.

I like the series, but they honestly all got pretty repetitive. The first was at least a challenge to move about as just seeing you would raise gaurd's suspicion. By Revelations I was just running around doing whatever I wanted while occasionally bribing a herald or two. I don't recommend anyone play through all the games together though. I typically get burnt out on the gameplay by the end of each game, and, at this point, the story isn't strong enough to overlook the repetitiveness.

What's the story like with the Assassin's Creed series? Is the first game necessary? I don't know how I feel about paying $5 for it when it seems like it's not as good, plus Bioshock 1 and 2 are on sale for just $2.50 more. Think the first will ever be any cheaper?

I personally think the first is the best overall. The story is definitely tops there and the gameplay, while not as refined as later iterations, was a challenge and actually made you feel more like an assassin.

#5873 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ubi drops prices. It will always be cheaper.

Going vague and blurring the past and future to avoid spoilers and only speak thematically, in AC1, the guys you are killing are kinda a conspiracy from both sides of the crusades and most of the time it's just a disagreement on ideology that drives this conflict. Not enough to be a lazy attempt at making you shout WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOR but it's the sort of thing where these characters seem human. Hell, the amount of banter between the bad guy and you throughout almost made it seem like it would have been natural to join him.

In AC2, the bad guys have an evil soulless corporation. You escape to a cozy loft with a perky assortment of comical colorful characters. Everyone you are up against may as well be twiddling their mustache and tying their girlfriends to the railroad tracks. The spot held by the villain with whom you bantered about right and wrong in the first game is now filled by a snarling screaming jerkwad.

That's not to say the writing is terrible. There are nice arcs here and there and about every friendly character is extremely likeable (Almost too likeable but not overbearingly so.). This shift doesn't mean the story is bad, but I do say it makes it worse, especially given the fatigue at the series's ever-more-elaborate attempts to spin cliffhangers and draw the proceedings out. So bad is this fatigue that I almost don't want to play AC3 because I can already tell how inconsequential the story will be.

#5874 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I hope Walking Dead goes on sale.

#5875 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

I hope Walking Dead goes on sale.

I wouldn't expect more than 40% off until winter sale. I'm thinking nothing sub $10 at until summer. Of course, from what I hear, any sale is a good deal for this if you plan on playing it right away.

#5876 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Killing Floor is 75% Off

Also, new DLC:

DLC is discounted too.

Is this the first time it's been on sale? And what about Magicka?

MARS

#5877 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I wouldn't expect more than 40% off until winter sale. I'm thinking nothing sub $10 at until summer. Of course, from what I hear, any sale is a good deal for this if you plan on playing it right away.

Yeah i'm going to be buying the disc release for PS3 but plan on the Steam release too anything $15 or less i'll jump on right away for it.

#5878 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Is this the first time it's been on sale? And what about Magicka?

No kidding. I've been DYING to get my hands on Magicka, but never a sale.

It's like, come on, you stand to make a lot of money if you just put Magicka and Jade Empire on sale once in awhile.

Maybe Tony can get a pack deal together over at Amazon.

#5879 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I agree, but more because of Walking Dead's $30 disc coming out in December, mostly targeted at the traditional console purchasers (they could dl the episodes but most console customers prefer discs).

If Witcher 2 can provide some perspective, developers / publishers will not discount a PC DD version if they are releasing a console disc through retail channels. Witcher 2 when just a PC title hit $15 on Amazon, then the console came out and the price went straight up, and did not drop back down until the used game market had driven Witcher 2's console price back down.

I expect something similar with Walking Dead. So, a floor of $15 in Oct-Nov, no discounts or maybe a day long discount in December - February, and then the traditional discounting post Feb. when the big 2013 titles start sucking up all the oxygen. But things might be a little different as Walking Dead normal disc version will start at $30 instead of $60 so Telltale may be a bit more aggressive than CDProjekt.

Disclaimer: pure speculation.

#5880 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yeah i'm going to be buying the disc release for PS3 but plan on the Steam release too anything $15 or less i'll jump on right away for it.

It was $14.99 during the summer sale a few months ago so I would expect it to be a similar price or even lower for the winter sale.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG