Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5881 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

I'm trying to get Vice City on steam, but when I add it to my cart it says 9.99, instead of 2.49. Anyone else having that problem?

no, got all gta games for like 12 bucks during the summer sale

Is this the first time it's been on sale? And what about Magicka?

Does anyone know if Hydrophobia Prophecy will go on sale?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5882 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

It was $14.99 during the summer sale a few months ago so I would expect it to be a similar price or even lower for the winter sale.

Thanks for the info didn't know it was that low of a price during the summer sale can't wait! :)

#5883 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Vice City was extremely tempting on the $2.50 deal yesterday but I passed 'cause I figured I'd wait for the GTA Franchise Pack for $12. Good move?

Ubi drops prices. It will always be cheaper.

You think it'll go lower than $5?

I think I'm gonna get AC1/2/Brotherhood. Is Brotherhood Deluxe worth the extra $2.50?...

Got Revelations from the TRU sale for $10.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5884 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I wouldn't expect more than 40% off until winter sale. I'm thinking nothing sub $10 at until summer. Of course, from what I hear, any sale is a good deal for this if you plan on playing it right away.

I didn't buy Walking Dead at $15 before because the game wasn't finished yet. I will buy it if it hits $15 soon. Reason being is I wanna play through all 5 eps at once, not just wait a month for shit and then forget half the story.

Vice City was extremely tempting on the $2.50 deal yesterday but I passed 'cause I figured I'd wait for the GTA Franchise Pack for $12. Good move?

You think it'll go lower than $5?

$12-15 will be what the GTA pack goes for IMO Holiday Sale.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5885 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Gamer's Gate Assassin's Creed last weekend deal was much better than this one

I got AC Brotherhood Deluxe (with all DLC) for $7.49 and Revelations Gold Edition (with all dlc packs) for $11.98.

Brotherhood Deluxe is $7.50 too.

I ended up picking up AC 1 and 2 as well as Brotherhood (non-deluxe, as it didn't appear to add much to the single player experience) and I'm looking forward to them. By the time I get through them Revelations should be 75% off, so no worries there.

My daughter has played all of these and she really likes them so I guess I'll give it a go. :D

Same boat, got a friend who's a History professor and he loves the AC series. I've always wanted to try it starting from the 1st one. & dunno about Brotherhood Deluxe or not. it's an important extra $2.50.

Sir_Fragalot - hope so! for $12 lol

Edited by MC Kage, 23 October 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5886 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

no brainer if you want the whole series.

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5887 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

GTA Complete is actually much cheaper in the UK store. So if you wait until it's 75% off, you can get a UK CAG to help you get it for something like $8. That's what I did during the 2011 Holiday sale.

So yeah, assuming that you wanted more than just Vice City, wise move on passing.

#5888 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

AC1 is repetitive as hell but the story is best there. AC2 gave us a better lead character but everything else was such a huge tonal shift that all the bad guys are basically cartoon characters.

I thought some of the early game bad guys were interesting and decently done.

AC1 is worth playing, as long as you do so first. Don't bother trying to get all the collectables--stick to the story. Enjoy the scenery and the coolness of climbing and jumping all over the cities. Then move on to the better games.

#5889 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Whuuuuuu....the "Canadian Indie Bundle" that Steam has up today has a game that requires an EA/Origin account (Warp). Weird.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#5890 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

GTA Complete is actually much cheaper in the UK store. So if you wait until it's 75% off, you can get a UK CAG to help you get it for something like $8. That's what I did during the 2011 Holiday sale.

So yeah, assuming that you wanted more than just Vice City, wise move on passing.

Interesting. I guess I should just go into their Regional thread lol. Unless someone here is from the UK.

thanks y'all

Posted Image

#5891 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Dishonored is worth replaying at least to try swordfighting the whole game. The combat has a sort of brutal satisfaction to it, and the way Pendleton finally shows emotion in the final level makes him sound like a completely different character. Plus, the final battle on High Chaos is a puzzle akin to the rest of the game: Almost a half dozen different ways to clear it depending on what powers you're packing or how diligent you are at exploration.

#5892 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Subsoap accounts are now live. On a whim I just checked out their page and saw that the option to create an account. I have redeemed my IB key.

I saw no announcement email and found no mention of it when I searched the thread. I have no idea when it happened.

There's a new Halloween themed game in my account that should have playable builds later this month.

http://www.subsoap.com/

edit: It looks like the relaunch came out about a month ago.

Just redeemed mine too, glad I went back to read the pages I skipped to catch up lol

#5893 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Disagree. It isn't. It's not great either. Best one-line-description I can give is that it's like mini-managing your own MMO group (tank/healer/damage dealer) but it's a bit grindy.

Wait for 75% off if you're tempted.

Agreed with your... disagreement. It doesn't really play like Diablo/Torchlight it plays more like a hero-based RTS sort of like some of those Warcraft 3 mods. Also agree that it has many flaws. Also also requires Win 7/DX 10 in case anyone is running on an old laptop or desktop or whatever.

#5894 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I want to throw in my confirmation, as well - That is definitely the best move. I recall paying about $7.50 for the GTA Complete pack several sales ago, which included GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas along with the original two. (I don't believe GTA: London, 1961 ever made it to the PC.) Definitely, you'll get more value from the Complete Pack.

#5895 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

A bunch of Kalypso titles had a 'retail' version added to the Steam registry so maybe a possible Kalypso Indie Gala (outlandish guess)?

#5896 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

My GameTap survey voucher just showed up in my email, for anyone wondering if that was ever going to come.

#5897 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Just received my Gametap survey code, winner winner chicken dinner!

#5898 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Now for a related but different question. I own AC2/ACB retail and the keys are tied to my Uplay account. If I were to pick them up on steam would I be able to give my steam cdkeys to someone along with my retail copies and they play that way? I don't really want to have two copies on uplay and I would like to get them on steam, especially since the retail packages don't add anything.

Reposting on a newer page in case someone knows.

#5899 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

I wouldn't see why not. Your steam cdkeys wouldn't be tied to anything other than your steam account, but ubi wouldn't know that. so when the other person uses them on their uplay account it would then be there's, and I doubt ubi cares where you get the data (disc or steam) and just care about you having the key.

#5900 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I want to throw in my confirmation, as well - That is definitely the best move. I recall paying about $7.50 for the GTA Complete pack several sales ago, which included GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas along with the original two. (I don't believe GTA: London, 1961 ever made it to the PC.) Definitely, you'll get more value from the Complete Pack.

Good to hear, appreciate it.

Posted Image

#5901 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Why not just redeem the steam keys you have?
I don't think your question makes sense to me.
It sounds like you have steam redeemable keys but you want to buy directly from steam and give the keys you already have to someone else.

#5902 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Why not just redeem the steam keys you have?
I don't think your question makes sense to me.
It sounds like you have steam redeemable keys but you want to buy directly from steam and give the keys you already have to someone else.

No he owns retail keys for the games which are tied to his uplayd account. He wants to buy additional copies on steam so I'm assuming he doesn't need to keep track of the physical media. He would then give the keys he receives on steam to his friend that would use the CDs to install the game and they keys to tie to their uplay account.

#5903 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

No he owns retail keys for the games which are tied to his uplayd account. He wants to buy additional copies on steam so I'm assuming he doesn't need to keep track of the physical media. He would then give the keys he receives on steam to his friend that would use the CDs to install the game and they keys to tie to their uplay account.

I was thrown off by "give my steam cdkeys." He is referencing the uplay keys that steam gives you. I think I got it now.

#5904 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Are there any known issues with getting BioShock 2 to play well with Steam? I just got the game from the BioShock dual pack. It uses GFWL, doesn't it?

#5905 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

My GameTap survey voucher just showed up in my email, for anyone wondering if that was ever going to come.

I got mine as well, and got the Hearthfire Skyrim DLC. Looking forward to playing some Skyrim again though I am somewhat afraid of how many hours I will put in since I already have over a hundred and still have more to do.
Posted Image

#5906 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Exactly. When I get around to it I'm going to compare the formatting of the keys with a friend's copy to see if they're noticeably different. I'm not in any rush since they'll always go on sale again, and technically I could redownload them from uplay, but that's yet another client.

#5907 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Exactly. When I get around to it I'm going to compare the formatting of the keys with a friend's copy to see if they're noticeably different. I'm not in any rush since they'll always go on sale again, and technically I could redownload them from uplay, but that's yet another client.

Huh? You do know that if you are going to play AC2, AC:B, AC:R you are going to have to install Uplay, right?

#5908 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

I got mine as well, and got the Hearthfire Skyrim DLC. Looking forward to playing some Skyrim again though I am somewhat afraid of how many hours I will put in since I already have over a hundred and still have more to do.

It doesn't look like GameTap really has... sales...

Deciding between picking up some Civ5 DLC or waiting for the XCOM DLC to hit and snagging that for whatever discount 5$ will put it at. (It CAN'T be more than 10 when it comes out, right? From the announcement today it sounded pretty paltry...)

#5909 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Looking through GameTap's catalog of games reminded me of the last time I went to a KMart.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#5910 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

I just picked up Yakuza 4 PS3 for under four bucks at a KMart, so you actually make it sound like finding decent games for GameTap's $5 voucher is easy with that comparison. ;)

Tempted again by the BioShock 2-pack. Have both on disc, played a few hours into the first one and intend to get back to them some day. Just not sure I "need" them on Steam.