Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#5911 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Huh? You do know that if you are going to play AC2, AC:B, AC:R you are going to have to install Uplay, right?

This. They all require Uplay. If you get them from Steam, the only difference is that you have to have Steam open along with Uplay. So even if you get steam keys, you need to insert that key into Uplay in order to use them. You might be able to use the discs to install the games onto your friend's computer, but you will need to use the Steam key to activate them on his Uplay account. I also don't think you'd even be able to activate 2 copies on 1 Uplay account anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that. What you can do is gift the steam keys to your friend, give him the discs to install the games, and see if those keys work.

#5912 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Any thoughts on the Babylonia vs. Polynesia DLC for Civ 5?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5913 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Polynesia. It comes with a neat scenario and that Kamehameha is a sexy motherfucker.

MARS

#5914 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

This. They all require Uplay. If you get them from Steam, the only difference is that you have to have Steam open along with Uplay. So even if you get steam keys, you need to insert that key into Uplay in order to use them. You might be able to use the discs to install the games onto your friend's computer, but you will need to use the Steam key to activate them on his Uplay account. I also don't think you'd even be able to activate 2 copies on 1 Uplay account anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that. What you can do is gift the steam keys to your friend, give him the discs to install the games, and see if those keys work.

I'm aware of that. It's just irritating not having them on steam, and the cases are a waste of space on my shelf. At least I don't have AC:R retail or I'd never find a deal on the dlc.

#5915 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

Got my voucher, got my Skyrim DLC... Gametap is in no danger of being bookmarked by me any time soon.

#5916 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

has anyone tried out Hotline Miami yet? It looks good but dunno if its gonna be too short
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5917 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

That's the solution that he suggested to begin with. He never implied that he was trying to get around using uplay.

#5918 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

has anyone tried out Hotline Miami yet? It looks good but dunno if its gonna be too short

Hotline Miami is short. It's a four hour game or so. Personally, I love it. It's unlike anything I played before. It's a murder sim, really. Violent as hell. And not just because of the gore. Everyone dies in pretty much one shot, you included. So largely it's a game of you eying an area and plotting the best sweep to get through and murder everyone without taking a bullet, knife, golf club, or dog bite. People die in one solid swing of a melee weapon or one bullet and the way the melee weapons swing with such finality that you're much more Dexter than Jack Bauer.

Guns are situational. You get only what's in the clip and firing them will alert most of the floor. That COULD work out to your advantage, but really only if you can kill that many fast. They have lightning reflexes and they don't miss the way your mouse aiming can. Maybe you want to hide around the corner of the door and swing away like a Mount and Blade castle siege after alerting them or maybe you just want to not be there when they investigate the gun fire.

The stealth isn't great, enemy AI is pathetic and what it takes for them to notice you is highly situational, but the retries are Meat Boy fast so it's almost just as much fun losing and retrying.

Only downside is that the bosses are really lousy. I love bosses but these just sorta turn what is ostensibly a high lethality, pseudo-realistic game back into something more video gamey without making it clear they're changing the rules. They aren't hard, and the checkpoints ensure you aren't going to lose anything dying to them, but it feels like your chain got yanked a different direction.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#5919 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Looks like Steam's Facebook team goofed up. Sleepy Doggies 50% off Weekend deal? lol

http://www.facebook.com/Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#5920 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Got my codes from Gametap today as well. I was going to get Hearthfire and the eXceed Collection ($9.95) but unfortunately the vouchers don't stack. Ended up getting Hearthfire and two Civ V DLCs. Oh well, I'll take DLC that probably should've been included in the original release for free...

#5921 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

I have heard a lot of people saying they don't like DLC packs for Civ 5, but I definitely got my money's worth out of these. I have not found a mod that comes anywhere close to the scenarios in the official DLC packs.

Maybe this is a good time to ask people what are some of the best mods?

76561198026637637.png

#5922 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Looks like Steam's Facebook team goofed up. Sleepy Doggies 50% off Weekend deal? lol

http://www.facebook.com/Steam

I don't know. Considering every game critic on the planet refuses to call it by anything but Sleepy Dawgs, I think maybe it's just a cute moniker to use.

#5923 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Awesome! Halloween event time. Good to have once I 100% Sleeping Dogs :)

Like the new DLC too, but waiting for it to hit 75% off.

I love how TripWire does their thing.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5924 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

Are there any known issues with getting BioShock 2 to play well with Steam? I just got the game from the BioShock dual pack. It uses GFWL, doesn't it?

I didn't run into any. & it does use GFWL

Umair56 - lmfaaao at the kmart comparison

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5925 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

I didn't run into any. & it does use GFWL

Umair56 - lmfaaao at the kmart comparison

Bioshock 2 ran fine for me too!

#5926 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

This. They all require Uplay. If you get them from Steam, the only difference is that you have to have Steam open along with Uplay.

Thanks for this info. Was considering AC pack in passing, but Uplay can go to hell.

#5927 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Gamestop (ugh!) is having a sale on a few Halloween themed titles, some of which activate on Steam:

http://www.impulsedr...asc/region-only

Some goodies:
The Walking Dead: $14.99
Alien Vs Predator: $3.74
Metro 2033: $4.99
Alan Wake American Nightmare: $7.49
Dead Island GoTY: $9.99
Dark Souls: $26.76

Several others but some (Like The Darkness II for $10.19) are not a very good price. Also, it's Gamestop.

#5928 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Bioshock 2's DLC is only available through the GFWL store, right? Are there ever sales?

#5929 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Walking Dead for $15 is appealing with the final episode out soonish... but not from Gamestop. I'll wait for the Steam Halloween sale and hope for a good price there.

#5930 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

The only reasonable deals on there are the Dead Space games and Alice Madness Returns for $5 each. I didn't see any good deals on Steam games.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#5931 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Bioshock 2's DLC is only available through the GFWL store, right? Are there ever sales?

Yes, actually. I've seen them go half off a couple of times. Don't know how to watch for it, I only noticed it when other CAGs posted it here.

#5932 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

The Walking Dead is Steamworks.

#5933 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Walking Dead for $15 is appealing with the final episode out soonish... but not from Gamestop. I'll wait for the Steam Halloween sale and hope for a good price there.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I forgot there was a Halloween sale. I'm poor. Somebdody give me money!
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#5934 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

New golden key code: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK

#5935 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Alan Wake American Nightmare: $7.49

Several others but some (Like The Darkness II for $10.19) are not a very good price. Also, it's Gamestop.

American Nightmare is overpriced wherever you go. It's one of those games where you get locked in a time loop and end up replaying the same few levels repeatedly while fulfilling different objectives, which is a nice marketing ploy to artificially increase the length of a game when you haven't produced enough game content. Mine was free, but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it; it's disappointing in nearly every aspect in comparison to the first game.

Also, it's Gamestop.

#5936 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Tiny Troopers the daily deal at 66% off making it $3.39

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#5937 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

How is AvP?

Obviously nobody is playing MP anymore, but I'm more interested in the campaign. Any good for $3.75?

#5938 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

How is AvP?

Obviously nobody is playing MP anymore, but I'm more interested in the campaign. Any good for $3.75?

It's alright, I would think it would be worth that. I really only got it to test my hardware, and I would pay 3.75 just for that.

#5939 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Whored out myself to Gamestop for The Walking Dead. Bastards did not give me my key in the email so I have to use impulse. Oh well. I guess I should buy one of the comic book compendiums in the mean time while I wait for ep 5 to start.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5940 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

It's alright, I would think it would be worth that. I really only got it to test my hardware, and I would pay 3.75 just for that.

What makes it good for that? Enemies onscreen? Shadows? In ingame tool like Capcom's?