Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6031 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hmmmmm, is fox serious here?

Fox can't read quotes :(

lol

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6032 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

It would be great if other horror/mystery adventure games show up on the upcoming halloween bundles (Scratches, Still Life, etc)
Posted Image

#6033 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

A bit late to the Dishonored discussion, but... I've been playing it more this past week. I'm just over five hours of gameplay and I have just finished the first proper mission (High Overseer Campbell). I prefer to do things stealthly, non-lethal all the way (not even dogs or rats), knocking down everyone so I can later walk through the level without much worry. There's a lot of different possibilities for acessing buildings and I found it a joy to discover a different way even after I had made another decision. I can't talk about combat because I haven't engaged in one yet and have no intention of doing it in this playthrough. There's a lot of similarities to the stealth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the side missions, and the scattered books and items, but the levels (well... the first one at least) feel like they offer more possibilities. The story though is nothing special, at all (at least so far).

All in all, very happy with my purchase.

Sounds good, thanks.

#6034 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Anyone else think the annual Steam "Halloween Sale" is gonna start today?

#6035 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Anyone else think the annual Steam "Halloween Sale" is gonna start today?

Someone claimed it wasn't. With the best two horror games already on sale (Killing Floor and L4D) it doesn't really matter. I'm thinking next week's midweek madness maybe?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6036 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Someone claimed it wasn't. With the best two horror games already on sale (Killing Floor and L4D) it doesn't really matter. I'm thinking next week's midweek madness maybe?

Next week's midweek starts Oct 31. I would expect it to kick off a couple days before Halloween.
Edit: I'm wrong it starts the 30th, which seems more plausible.

#6037 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Has there been more than one Halloween sale? I only recall one.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#6038 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

In addition to the free weekend, the Left 4 Dead series is on sale of course.

The bundle of both games is $7.49
Each game is $4.99
4-packs of each are $14.99

Today's deal is Deponia at 50% off ($9.99)

Daedalic Entertainment, once called “Lucasarts from Germany“ by the GameStar magazine, invites the players into a fantastic comedy adventure that revolves around a crazy love story of Rufus and Goal. In Deponia, the world has degenerated into a vast garbage dump, in which the crotchety Rufus ekes out his sorry existence.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

#6039 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I wonder if there is ever a chance the L4D double pack will ever drop lower than that. I doubt it. Also, am I right that the PC versions include all the DLC they try to charge for in the 360 version?

#6040 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Deponia is tempting, but I'm gonna wait for 75%.

#6041 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

I wonder if there is ever a chance the L4D double pack will ever drop lower than that. I doubt it. Also, am I right that the PC versions include all the DLC they try to charge for in the 360 version?

Aren't the majority of the L4D maps already L4D2 dlc? Why wait for a L4D sale? L4D2 is far superior than 1 and from my understanding yes the dlc is free.

#6042 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

PC DLC is free. Microsoft doesn't like letting devs give stuff away.

They keep showing L4D2 when they talk about Steam for Linux. I bet they give it away free to beta testers, and maybe everyone when it goes live like Portal and Steam for Mac?

#6043 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Deadlight is now available and 15% ($12.74) off until November 1st.

The world has ended. There is no hope. No new beginning. Only the survivors. DEADLIGHT follows the journey of Randall Wayne, a man searching for his family across Seattle during the aftermath of a 1980s event that has decimated life on earth.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Platformer

#6044 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Another game was added as a weekend deal, Rock of Ages is 75% off, making it $2.49.

And on that note, I updated the OP again, gonna try to keep it updated (hopefully).

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6045 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Aren't the majority of the L4D maps already L4D2 dlc? Why wait for a L4D sale? L4D2 is far superior than 1 and from my understanding yes the dlc is free.

Well, I may be wrong, but they are still two different games with different characters right? I mean the maps might be playable in 2, but I still would want to play 1 through by itself again.

PC DLC is free. Microsoft doesn't like letting devs give stuff away.

They keep showing L4D2 when they talk about Steam for Linux. I bet they give it away free to beta testers, and maybe everyone when it goes live like Portal and Steam for Mac?

Thanks for the info. Might finally bite on the duo. I have them on the 360, but the DLC is so much it's cheaper to just rebuy on Steam.

Deadlight is now available and 15% ($12.74) off until November 1st.

The world has ended. There is no hope. No new beginning. Only the survivors. DEADLIGHT follows the journey of Randall Wayne, a man searching for his family across Seattle during the aftermath of a 1980s event that has decimated life on earth.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Platformer

Waiting for this one to drop to 75% (I know, it just came to Steam)

Also, Rock of Ages has a free weekend for MP, whatever the MP is for that game...

#6046 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Also, Rock of Ages has a free weekend for MP, whatever the MP is for that game...

Pretty much the same as single player, except against another person rather than AI.

#6047 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Trains vs Zombies 2 is now on Steam and 50% off ($8.99) until November 8th.

There’s something strange taking a bite out of New York in our ghoulish Halloween special, Trains vs. Zombies 2. New York City has been overrun by toxic slime, turning normal humans into mindless zombie-like creatures, and it is your job to rescue passengers from the Halloween nightmare that is taking over the Big Apple.
Genre: Simulation

#6048 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Trains vs Zombies 2 is now on Steam and 50% off ($8.99) until November 8th.

There’s something strange taking a bite out of New York in our ghoulish Halloween special, Trains vs. Zombies 2. New York City has been overrun by toxic slime, turning normal humans into mindless zombie-like creatures, and it is your job to rescue passengers from the Halloween nightmare that is taking over the Big Apple.
Genre: Simulation

Don't you tempt me Louiedog!

But I haven't even gotten to the first Trains v. Zombies (damn you Railworks tutorial) so I will wait for this to drop in price.

#6049 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

All of the L4D1 campaigns are available in L4D2 and the L4D1 characters are playable in them.

At this point, the only difference is the L4D1 versions of the campaigns have less stuff.

#6050 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

http://groupees.com/damned
$1 = Cryostasis, Manor of the Damned
$4+ = Anna, Post Mortem, Blind Side (+$1 games)
Only Manor of the Damned and Blind Side are not steamable.

Pretty good bundle. I will surely pick up it at least for $4 just for Cryostasis.

#6051 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

The banter from L4D1 didn't make it to L4D2. Hence why the elevator ride now passes in silence

#6052 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

http://groupees.com/damned
$1 = Cryostasis, Manor of the Damned
$4+ = Anna, Post Mortem, Blind Side (+$1 games)
Only Manor of the Damned and Blind Side are not steamable.

Pretty good bundle. I will surely pick up it at least for $4 just for Cryostasis.

Ill be in for 4 bucks

#6053 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Not bad, I'll go for the 4+ as well
Posted Image

#6054 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I will go for 4 bucks. Nice bundle :D

#6055 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Deponia is tempting, but I'm gonna wait for 75%.

Ya, I agree. This game has gotten very good reviews and I'm very eager to play it. However, I've also read that Deponia is pretty much 1/2 of a game. The ending of this title is not good. The "sequel" or 2nd half of the game is releasing soon. I'm more inclined to wait for a deal on everything.

#6056 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Deponia is on my wishlist, but I feel like it'll be 75% off or in a bundle one of these days.
Posted Image

#6057 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

dota2gifts is slow as hell

#6058 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Gonna pick up that groupees bundle just for Anna, it looked interesting even if its gotten so bad reviews.

#6059 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's seriously gotten to the point where I don't even bother with SG anymore. I had to put DOTA2 on ignore from my list, but all that happens now is your points hit 300 really fast because of the million DOTA 2 giveaways but there is is very little to spend it on/enter.

They should really zero out the contributor value on DOTA 2.

#6060 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

What's with the Dota 2 influx?

I thought maybe they gave out more gifts to people that had it, but I checked my inventory and don't have anything new.

Why are there thousands of copies on steamgifts lately?