Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6331 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

And no deal on Resident Evil 5. Man, I knew I should have grabbed that at $10 last month.

Agreed : /

There is not much else here on sale that I want to get but you know as an avid Steam Collector, I will find something haha

#6332 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I think I'll pick up Dead Space 2, Overlord 2 and Limbo for 75% off each. This is the first time a Steam sale has caught my interest since the summer.

#6333 Psydero

Psydero

Today you, tomorrow me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Looks like it's about time to pick up Nation Red.

#6334 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

I had The Club on 360 years back. It was decently fun for a generic shooter with multiplayer. The mechanics worked well and everything just nothing really made it stand out.

I am tempted by They Bleed Pixels but I know by the time I would get around to playing it, it will have been in an Indie Bundle of some sort. Also both Prototype and Prototype 2 are too expensive for how much I want them.

The only thing I am tempted by is the Overlord Complete Pack. Seeing as I cannot afford Amazon's Dark Souls, perhaps this will fill that empty space in my gaming heart! haha

#6335 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm awfully tempted, but I heard really bad stories about the game having major issues running on Windows 7. Can anyone share their Win7 experiences with this game, good or bad?

Just use the unoffical patch and you'll be fine.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6336 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

I doubt most of you care, but there's a price mistake on GamersGate on the new DLC for Magicka that got released today (Grimnir's Laboratory). It's 75% off, worth picking up with blue coins, if you've got any.

#6337 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm awfully tempted to pick up the Fallout GotY editions, but I have a feeling they'll be cheaper during the winter sale. Hard to hold off, though.

I picked it up for $5 last Summer Sale. Be patient!

I'm half tempted to pick up a Dead Island 4 pack from GG. Comes out to ~$4.75/ea

Count me in if you plan that as well.

#6338 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm half tempted to pick up the Nancy Drew games on sale, as well as the Midnight Mysteries Collection. The only thing I'm worried about is that the bundle will be cheap in December, and I'll end up buying the games over again.

How much was the Nancy Drew bundle during the summer/winter sale?
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#6339 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

I doubt most of you care, but there's a price mistake on GamersGate on the new DLC for Magicka that got released today (Grimnir's Laboratory). It's 75% off, worth picking up with blue coins, if you've got any.

Worth 250BC for the Doctor Who parody, although it'll probably be a while before I reload Magicka.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6340 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Thanks!

#6341 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just grabbed it for 210 coins (21 cents with IGN discount) but the site is being super slow right now. Someone must have told Slick Deals.

#6342 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Any thoughts on The Club for $3 as the daily deal?

Does anyone know if this uses GFWL. The only reason I would buy it is to grab the achievements on my live account. According to this it does:

https://support.stea...=8782-WECN-1190

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#6343 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm half tempted to pick up the Nancy Drew games on sale, as well as the Midnight Mysteries Collection. The only thing I'm worried about is that the bundle will be cheap in December, and I'll end up buying the games over again.

The Nancy Drew bundle during steam's summer sale wasn't a great deal. It worked out to $3 something a game. Amazon (Tony) ran a Nancy Drew bundle maybe 6 weeks ago, 15 games for $12 iirc. They didn't activate on steam, but it was a really good price. You might ask in that thread for a re-run sometime soon.

#6344 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

It was probably wishful thinking, but I was hoping that Zombie Driver HD would get the 50% off for the sale and then an additional 50% off for owning the original game. Guess not :\
Posted Image

#6345 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I care. Thanks for the heads up!
Posted Image

#6346 hamjay711

hamjay711

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Thinking about picking up DR2 and Dead Island, any advice on how well they play on PC? I don't have a controller, just standard M&K.

#6347 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I find it funny how the only game I want out of that is Cryostatis, and that I'm not even willing to drop a dollar down to get it . . .

tell ya what, pm me and ill hook ya up when I get home.

#6348 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

It was $40.

I personally got the $12 pack from Amazon a couple of months ago, which included 15 ND games which includes these ones on sale. I'm hoping Amazon would do another sale with the other games soon.

And yes, these are pretty good adventure games. Don't let the Nancy Drew title throw you off.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#6349 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Has Dead Space ever been cheaper than $5? I won't play it anytime soon, but $5 is typically my buying point for backlog stuff.

#6350 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Has Dead Space ever been cheaper than $5? I won't play it anytime soon, but $5 is typically my buying point for backlog stuff.

It drops to $5 very often, but other than some insane future pack that may show up on Amazon (which wouldn't activate on Steam), this is the cheapest DS1 goes.

#6351 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Highly recommend Vampire for 5 bucks. Excellent 1st person RPG.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#6352 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

$5 is about as cheap as any stand alone AAA title gets in price. A bundle may be cheaper. Dead Space has been free before but it has always been ymmv.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#6353 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Extremely doubtful you'll ever find a steam copy of Dead Space for under $5.

Non-Steam you can sometimes find it for $4, depending on coupons and things from competing sites.

#6354 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Highly recommend Vampire for 5 bucks. Excellent 1st person RPG.

THIS.

Everybody wanting Bloodlines should check this thread in particular for dealing w/ Vampire: Bloodlines, though...
...ESPECIALLY true for those who buy the Steam Version, as there are a bunch of quirks w/ the Steam Version.

#6355 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

$5 is about as cheap as any stand alone AAA title gets in price. A bundle may be cheaper. Dead Space has been free before but it has always been ymmv.

Yea, I got Dead Space 2 for free from Amazon for buying some other games, but can't recall seeing DS1 cheaper than $5.

#6356 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Not really a Steam deal, but Fear Complete (including both DLCs for Fear and Reborn for Fear 2) is $7.50 at GamersGate, or $6.38 with IGN discount.

Only Fear 3 can be activated on Steam, but hey GG is a good store to support anyway.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#6357 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Why isn't Bully on sale? They packed some really good Halloween into that game. I should have picked it up last time.

#6358 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thinking about picking up DR2 and Dead Island, any advice on how well they play on PC? I don't have a controller, just standard M&K.

I have DR OTR and that is no fun playing w/o a controller. That and the controller doesn't even work in game. I've read there is a fix for it but I haven't gotten it to work and stopped trying after about an hour of looking for fixes. That was during the summer sale when the games got down to 9.99. I enjoy the game but a controller is nessecary IMO to complete it. I'd look at the forums to see if the controller works for DR2. 7.49 I think is the lowest price these games have gotten down to, so I reccomend buying now if you want the game.

#6359 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Although it's been cheaper elsewhere (free from GMG a few months back) Steam has FINALLY added Beyond Divinity to their catalog. Looks like they also upgraded those of us with Divinity II to the developers cut which was also just released.

#6360 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thanks! I put my Blue Coins to good use and got 13 in return for the purchase.

76561197971332172.png