Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6391 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Yeah nothing is really interesting me game+price-wise. Only Dead Rising 2 at $7.50, did anyone bite on that? and Limbo - which I'm assuming will be in an Indie bundle sometime, or at least has been. Basically, is it a good time to get it or should I wait for a bundle.

It was in Humble-5 back in June.

Anythoughts on the Overlord series and The Club? Was thinking of picking up both based on price.

Overlord is a very poor man's Pikmin. It has all the flaws of Pikmin and none of the charm.

MARS

#6392 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

It was in Humble-5 back in June.

Damn, looked it up, that was a really good bundle.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6393 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

Any opinions on Haunted House? Is it just a kids game?

I'd be interested in opinions on this one too.
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#6394 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm going to pick up Vampire but I'm going to wait until October 31 and see what Amazon has to offer.

Am I right to assume the deals we're seeing today are the same deals throughout the sale? As in no new deals in the next couple days?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#6395 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

This has probably been asked already, but are they having a new set of discounted games tomorrow and the day after?

test.gif

#6396 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

http://www.giantbomb...-house/17-3434/

It's a remake of the Atari 2600 game.

It doesn't really appear to necessarily be a kids' game.

Though, to be honest, I don't think it's a game that actually has an audience.

I'm not sure why it exists.

#6397 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - why's it rated so much lower? ain't it essentially the same game w/ improvements & more?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6398 bubzers

bubzers

so many bundles...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Damn, was hoping for a better price on Alan Wake. Might still pick up Home, though.

Still wish DS1&2 had a pack for $7.50.

If you are ok with Origin, Amazon with have DS1&2 for $7.50 on Halloween.
76561198025510545.png

#6399 blehman

blehman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

You can probably get away with base Overlord for $1.50. The expansion doesn't really add anything great nor does the sequel introduce any new or compelling gameplay mechanics. And I personally think the engine is worse. If you find yourself enthralled with it those games go on sale for 75% or more every major sale (so, you can pick them up in Nov/Dec). Of course you'd end up paying more by not getting the bundle but... again... that's only in the rare instance you find yourself wanting more past the first game.

That's anyone's guess but, imo, if you've waited this long just wait until the Holiday sale and see if it dips to 75% off.

Thanks for the input. I think I'll go with your suggestion and try the first one for now. I know it's not a big price difference between getting that and the whole set, but I that difference can be used to get another great game. Not sure what Amazon has coming up, so I'll want to save every dollar I can.

#6400 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - why's it rated so much lower? ain't it essentially the same game w/ improvements & more?

Retrospectively, when you can look at them now and get them for similar prices, yes.

At the time it was another example of Capcom releasing full price expansion content on disc that could easily have been a piece of DLC. I think that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

#6401 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Damn, was hoping for a better price on Alan Wake. Might still pick up Home, though.

Still wish DS1&2 had a pack for $7.50.

Home is in the current Indie Royale. You may want to check that bundle before springing for just Home.

#6402 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Prototype for $4.99 look good, i have already play the game on console, but any info about the PC version is welcome.

Fuck Yeah!!!!!! I promised my boy I'd get Prototype as soon as it went 75% off!!!!
Wanted to buy Prototype 2 but he reminded me of my mantra, wait for 75% off. I guess 7 year olds do listen sometimes.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6403 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Fuck Yeah!!!!!! I promised my boy I'd get Prototype as soon as it went 75% off!!!!
Wanted to buy Prototype 2 but he reminded me of my mantra, wait for 75% off. I guess 7 year olds do listen sometimes.

That's just because he knows he can get more games if you save more money :P

#6404 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

If you do bite on it, it is a little cheaper on Gamersgate.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#6405 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

So, The Walking Dead for $14.99. Yay or nay?

#6406 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Depends. If you havent played any episodes and want to play it right away its a good deal. I played the first 2 on ps+ so i am holding out for lower for the last 3. It is alot of fun.

#6407 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Yay.

#6408 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

If you know someone with an IGN discount on Gamersgate they can get you Walking Dead a little cheaper.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#6409 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

Damn, Dead Space 1 and 2 for $4.99 each? If I didn't already own both on console I'd buy the Fuck outta those.

Really wish there was a demo for Dead Rising 2 as I don't want to buy it and run into issues...

Well, as far as Dead Space is concerned, don't panic. They'll be this price for pretty much every major Steam sale here on in.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6410 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

If you know someone with an IGN discount on Gamersgate they can get you Walking Dead a little cheaper.

CheapLikeAFox is referring to me ;). I can get you The Walking Dead for $12.72

And done (helped Nintendokid54), Eldredpe can get the next person!

Edited by spoderman, 30 October 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#6411 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

I can't recommend this enough it is so good.

#6412 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

CheapLikeAFox is referring to me ;). I can get you The Walking Dead for $12.72

I can also do that.

And would do so gladly, because I like Blue Coins.

;)

#6413 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Anyone have any experience using a pre-paid VISA to purchase things on Steam?

Tried to add/use one for a Left 4 Dead 2 four-pack last night. Attempted to complete the transaction, and I got an error that the billing address didn't match the card's records, tried re-entering everything again, and was denied a 2nd time for the same reason. To add insult to injury, I now seem to be missing ~$30 from the cards online balance, but of course I received no email receipt from Steam (plus no game added to my account) AND the transaction history for the weekend hasn't been updated (just the balance is displayed).

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Netflix

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: Red Faction

:wii: n/a

:ds: Found my DS!

#6414 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

I'm awfully tempted to pick up the Fallout GotY editions, but I have a feeling they'll be cheaper during the winter sale. Hard to hold off, though.

Anyway, I picked up:

Dark Fall: Lost Souls
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
Scratches
Limbo
Lone Survivor

Damn, had to pick up Scratches Director's Cut. Woohoo

I'm playing through Alice: MR now and never played the first one. It's not as though there's a hard-to-follow story; you're traveling through a jacked-up version of Wonderland and piecing back memories of what happened the night your family died in a fire.

I have about 12-13 hours in the game and am maybe 50% done. This is because I spend more time exploding into a cloud of blue butterflies than I spend actually playing. Not voluntarily, mind you. I just suck :D

The butterflies kept me entertained for hours.
Now gonna go purchase the bread chalupa game everyone is talking about, tired of seeing it show when I search Steamgifts.
http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6415 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

I picked up They Bleed Pixels, gonna try it out soon, will also probably pick up Muntant Blob Attacks also.
kinda tempted to pick up the new Painkiller but I got burned from the last one.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6416 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Only buy games during this sale if:

1. You must play it now!

2. It's 75% off or more.

3. The game doesn't have a sequel or DLC coming out soon that could lead to a price drop.

Besides, there is a good chance that they could be cheaper in about a month and 20 days.

Edited by evildeadjedi, 30 October 2012 - 03:25 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6417 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw that either. Activision actually discounted Prototype by 75%? Impossible.

It was pretty low on my wishlist, but I had to pick it up while I could at $5. Lord knows when it'll see that price again.

#6418 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

I want to get Prototype but I can't talk myself into it. I had and beat it for the ps3, and while its $5, I just can't see it being close to the top of my backlog with all the other games waiting in line. But it also might not hit $5 again for a while. :/ I think I'll pass but I am a weak man. For now I am just going with Dracula Origin for now.

#6419 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

I want to get Prototype but I can't talk myself into it. I had and beat it for the ps3, and while its $5, I just can't see it being close to the top of my backlog with all the other games waiting in line. But it also might not hit $5 again for a while. :/ I think I'll pass but I am a weak man. For now I am just going with Dracula Origin for now.

skip that $5 footlong from subway or $5 coffee from starbucks and get it... That's usually what I do... Do it!!! If you are a true CAG

76561198020429748.png

#6420 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

skip that $5 footlong from subway or $5 coffee from starbucks and get it... That's usually what I do... Do it!!! If you are a true CAG

You're a terrible influence.

Edited by dark2025, 31 October 2012 - 06:55 AM.

Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D