Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6421 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

skip that $5 footlong from subway or $5 coffee from starbucks and get it... That's usually what I do... Do it!!! If you are a true CAG

Tempting but nah. My backlog to big and I am actually trying to get through it. If it hits $5 during the winter I'll grab it then.

#6422 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Retrospectively, when you can look at them now and get them for similar prices, yes.

At the time it was another example of Capcom releasing full price expansion content on disc that could easily have been a piece of DLC. I think that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

I don't even have the game yet, but I came to that realization and its already rubbing me the wrong way lol. Capcom...

Just got my GameTap $5 code. Now to decide on Hearthfire or Dead Island GOTY for $5!

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6423 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

I am tempted to pick up that Alice game. Looks interesting but never played the original. Saw some reviews but from a $60 game to a $5 game I am sure it would be worth it.

#6424 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

So, The Walking Dead for $14.99. Yay or nay?

Yay,

It's pretty good, but it's kinda hard for me to say it's a good 'game' though. As side story goes, this is probably one of best iterations of a side story I have seen for any franchise. It is unique, yet follows the original franchise spirit closely. At times it even surpasses the tv show (and dare I say the comic). Due to the interactive nature I feel like I am more in-tuned with the characters, therefore the story having more gravity.

The problems I have with the game is that it really isn't a game. Although the game present you with hard choices, at the end of each chapter I kinda feel that those choices were rather superficial. However, The Walking Dead world kinda gives an excuse for lack of choices and the choices you make is quite clear (not as ambiguous as LA Noire). Also, on the gameplay side it's is pretty light.

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead story then pick this up immediately. If you are looking for an engaging adventure game.... then I suggest you look else where.

#6425 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Anyone have any experience using a pre-paid VISA to purchase things on Steam?

Tried to add/use one for a Left 4 Dead 2 four-pack last night. Attempted to complete the transaction, and I got an error that the billing address didn't match the card's records, tried re-entering everything again, and was denied a 2nd time for the same reason. To add insult to injury, I now seem to be missing ~$30 from the cards online balance, but of course I received no email receipt from Steam (plus no game added to my account) AND the transaction history for the weekend hasn't been updated (just the balance is displayed).

I used one once, but it had directions to basically associate an address to the card on the visa website, if it was going to be used for online purchases.

#6426 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yay,

It's pretty good, but it's kinda hard for me to say it's a good 'game' though. As side story goes, this is probably one of best iterations of a side story I have seen for any franchise. It is unique, yet follows the original franchise spirit closely. At times it even surpasses the tv show (and dare I say the comic). Due to the interactive nature I feel like I am more in-tuned with the characters, therefore the story having more gravity.

The problems I have with the game is that it really isn't a game. Although the game present you with hard choices, at the end of each chapter I kinda feel that those choices were rather superficial. However, The Walking Dead world kinda gives an excuse for lack of choices and the choices you make is quite clear (not as ambiguous as LA Noire). Also, on the gameplay side it's is pretty light.

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead story then pick this up immediately. If you are looking for an engaging adventure game.... then I suggest you look else where.

I agree. I just finished episode 2 but it seems to just be a very engaging story. Fan of the comics and watched the first season of the TV show. Game wise, it is an adventure game. The thing is that you may say or do something expecting one outcome but get something else.

#6427 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yay,

I disagree. That's the essence of a classic adventure game. You are essentially doing x, y, z, but they are just vehicles for you to get the story. I mean most point and click adventure games you solve puzzles and follow the story. TWD is just like that. Not sure why some people feel it is not as much of a game as other adventure games.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6428 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Wish there were more Halloween games I wanted which I was interested in.
Might go ahead and get Ghostbusters from GamersGate for ~4$.
I'll be watching the thread for more ideas. I <3 Halloween.

#6429 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Painkiller Hell and Damnation review- http://www.destructo...on-237167.phtml 8/10 now to see if its worth 12 bucks or not
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6430 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

I disagree. That's the essence of a classic adventure game. You are essentially doing x, y, z, but they are just vehicles for you to get the story. I mean most point and click adventure games you solve puzzles and follow the story. TWD is just like that. Not sure why some people feel it is not as much of a game as other adventure games.

Some people are not used to traditional "adventure" games and just want to shoot zombies. Honestly, action games could take more cues from adventure games and the way they handle story. So tired of the "silent hero". Voice acting is excellent too.

#6431 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Yeah nothing is really interesting me game+price-wise. Only Dead Rising 2 at $7.50, did anyone bite on that?

Yep, been waiting a couple of years for this deal.

kinda tempted to pick up the new Painkiller but I got burned from the last one.

PK Black is all you need unless you're just a diehard PK fan and must have everything with the PK name (and that's about all it is) on it.

Only buy games during this sale if:

1. You must play it now!

2. It's 75% off or more.

3. The game doesn't have a sequel or DLC coming out soon that could lead to a price drop.

Besides, there is a good chance that they could be cheaper in about a month and 20 days.

Quoted for truth! Be strong, CAGs. I know it's been months since the Summer Sale and that front page looks so sexy with all those sale prices on it, but BF and Winter Sales are coming and the discounts should be better!

I am tempted to pick up that Alice game. Looks interesting but never played the original. Saw some reviews but from a $60 game to a $5 game I am sure it would be worth it.

Alice is a good buy for $5. Cool art, decent story, long (maybe too long) game, pretty good gameplay.

76561197971332172.png

#6432 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Why isn't Bully on sale? They packed some really good Halloween into that game. I should have picked it up last time.

Very true.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw that either. Activision actually discounted Prototype by 75%? Impossible.

It was pretty low on my wishlist, but I had to pick it up while I could at $5. Lord knows when it'll see that price again.

Yeah, the rarity of the discount is probably gonna put me over the edge. And then it gets thrown on the backlog.

I went to my wishlist for the first time in months and manually deleted about 7 games that I'd bought from other sources—Skyrim from Best Buy, RAGE from Newegg, bundle games... man. You'd think they would at least put a button on that page that could check against the Library and remove them all in one swell foop.

edit: and to add to EDJ's and hal's comments, gotta weigh the bundle factor too.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#6433 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Groupees new bonus game is Legen... wait for it... dary.

#6434 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is only $5. Doesn't go on sale often, amazing game (just be sure to grab Wesp's or Tessa's unofficial patches).

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/2600/

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#6435 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

I found it charming. It has awesome visuals and is a decent combat 3D platformer to boot. Not to mention, a great story.

#6436 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Damn! Already own it.

At least when I bought it was last summer when it was a daily for $1.24.

#6437 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Spoiler

All Taken.

Edited by walkonshadows, 30 October 2012 - 05:26 AM.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#6438 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

I grabbed Cryostasis! Thank you walkonshadows!

EDIT: A buddy of mine grabbed Post Mortem. Thank you for that as well!

SECOND EDIT: And literally 5 minutes after he redeems that code for Post Mortem he gets it gifted to him, which he gifts to me. Sweet :D

#6439 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Yep, been waiting a couple of years for this deal.

Tempting me now... trying to abstain...

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6440 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Not Necrovision after all.

And on my wishlist to boot.

#6441 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Just got my GameTap $5 code. Now to decide on Hearthfire or Dead Island GOTY for $5!

That's not a bad idea. If they don't have a sale on anything worthwhile before that coupon expires, I'll have to do the same.

#6442 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

That's not a bad idea. If they don't have a sale on anything worthwhile before that coupon expires, I'll have to do the same.

Man, it was like 11:59 as I was checking out, got to 12AM and the deal literally died as I was putting my credit info. changed from $4.99 to $14.99 right in front of my eyes. smfh

Posted Image

#6443 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Yes, another sale! Although, actually, I probably won't be buying much this time around. I may finally get orcs must die 1 and 2, even though the first one is in my 360 backlog right now. The only game I'm definitely getting is Vampire Masquerade, since I've heard really good things about it on here, and it hardly ever goes on sale. Possibly Scratches and Penumbra also, I almost bought these during the summer sale.

#6444 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Oooooh... Legendary. Had this for the 360 but never finished it. This is great. I'm beginning to love these groupees bundles :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6445 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

What a bellyful of offers... got Amnesia, Penumbra Collection, Plants vs. Zombies GOTY (bought for almost every system I own, but on PC I had only an... a-ehm... "free" version previously, so it was time to amend), The Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII bundle (I already own Cthulhu, and was saddened by the fact that I didn't get an extra copy...) and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines... Halloween, here I come!
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#6446 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

It goes without saying that Costume Quest is the most Hallowe'eny of all Hallowe'en games. It's fun, charming, and easygoing too.

Hmmm, is it actually on sale? Can't remember seeing it.

#6447 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

It goes without saying that Costume Quest is the most Hallowe'eny of all Hallowe'en games. It's fun, charming, and easygoing too.

Hmmm, is it actually on sale? Can't remember seeing it.

50% off on steam.

#6448 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

The Walking Dead is currently $7.63 with IGN discount (or $8.98 without) at GamersGate! Better hurry if you want it. No idea how long it'll take till they fix it (it's obviously a mistake).

#6449 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

The Walking Dead is currently $7.63 with IGN discount (or $8.98 without) at GamersGate! Better hurry if you want it. No idea how long it'll take till they fix it (it's obviously a mistake).

15$ was just too much for me right now, but I did pick up a few other things on the Steam sale and I was just gonna wait and hope this dropped lower at some point, but I couldn't pass it up at this price.

Thank you soooo much (<333!), and I'm glad I was up at this weird hour to check the thread before bed. This is finally mine!

#6450 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I used one once, but it had directions to basically associate an address to the card on the visa website, if it was going to be used for online purchases.

Yeah....put in a Steam Support ticket.

Found my Steam Transaction History (they hid it pretty well), and saw I actually tried 3 times. I then remembered the third time, I tried inputting my old address into the billing info (which is what I actually registered the account under), and was still denied. Checked my card's balance, and I think that third time was denied only because I was now UNDER the amount needed for the purchase, even though the error was the same.

So yeah....hopefully it will get sorted out. Still pisses me off that they still double charged me.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff: