Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6751 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

C'mon guys, let's stay on topic...where can I get that burger?

#6752 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

C'mon guys, let's stay on topic...where can I get that burger?

You'll find JJ's Grill & Brewhouse up north, at 8801 N. Indian Trail.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6753 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

They got a place like that down here in SoCal called Slater's 50/50. They are known for their custom burgers made from 50% ground beef 50% ground bacon Posted Image

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#6754 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

You'll find JJ's Grill & Brewhouse up north, at 8801 N. Indian Trail.

I'm thinking that convincing my wife to drive ~1950 miles (from Indiana) for it is not going to happen...so, eat one for me XD
76561198025510545.png

#6755 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

When I typed the address in google maps the first option that popped was within 2 hours. Upon furthur review it's in Washington, really far away. That makes me sad.

42 hours, 2500 miles

Guess I will settle for an average burger with delicious beer tonight.

Liberty

Posted Image

Edited by Preedatore, 03 November 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#6756 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

They got a place like that down here in SoCal called Slater's 50/50. They are known for their custom burgers made from 50% ground beef 50% ground bacon Posted Image

I love this thread. :drool:

#6757 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Spoiler

This has been staring me in the face the last 20 times I've been in Walgreens, and I finally flip it open and realize I don't even recognize the names of more than half the restaurants listed. Damned impecuniousness.
ยกViva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#6758 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Well I know this is off topic, but I just finished the Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in Northpoint DLC. Fun. Finished in about two hours, but still have some cheevos to get. Not bad for $5

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6759 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Spoiler

This has been staring me in the face the last 20 times I've been in Walgreens, and I finally flip it open and realize I don't even recognize the names of more than half the restaurants listed. Damned impecuniousness.

http://www.cheapassg...line=1262038390

MARS

#6760 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Well I know this is off topic, but I just finished the Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in Northpoint DLC. Fun. Finished in about two hours, but still have some cheevos to get. Not bad for $5

How dare you talk about games in the burger thread.

#6761 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

How dare you talk about games in the burger thread.

You got burger talk in my video games. No, you got video games in my burger talk!

But seriously...can we start salivating over the Steam Winter Sale yet? I had to chip ice off my windshield this morning for the first time this year, and I immediately thought of the Steam Winter Sale...there's a support group for that right?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#6762 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

dat tommy tronic yo. i think i might pick it up
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6763 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

You got burger talk in my video games. No, you got video games in my burger talk!

But seriously...can we start salivating over the Steam Winter Sale yet? I had to chip ice off my windshield this morning for the first time this year, and I immediately thought of the Steam Winter Sale...there's a support group for that right?

It's winter? I can't really tell =P

#6764 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

...there's a support group for that right?

Nope, just a bunch of people to tempt you. ;)

http://www.cheapassg...line=1324411038

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6765 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Political Machine 2012 4 pack on sale for 9.99 on Steam
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6766 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

If you are any bit interested in politics then I highly recommend it. I had fun playing around with it for a few hours. The campaign is short but meant to be played many times with silly characters.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#6767 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

If you are any bit interested in politics then I highly recommend it. I had fun playing around with it for a few hours. The campaign is short but meant to be played many times with silly characters.

Yeah, first time I played it, I ran on a Legalize Marijuana platform. I lost the popular vote by like 8 million but won the electoral vote =-)
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6768 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Posted Image

#6769 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, first time I played it, I ran on a Legalize Marijuana platform. I lost the popular vote by like 8 million but won the electoral vote =-)

My latest character was Prince Moneybags. I beefed up his money stats, cut down my credibility and minority appeal, and my campaign focused on deficit reduction (everyone loves that) but also some emphasis on tax cuts, small government, anti-obamacare, anti-union. It was fun running on a pure pro-corporation platform and I won by a landslide. It was only the second difficulty though.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#6770 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

If you're considering going for it I'd gladly hop in on that for a 2.50 copy.

#6771 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'll be a third! Pm me.

#6772 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

I'm not a HUGE fan of PM, especially having played the original. It's a bit of a one-trick pony, especially once you realize how divorced from actual election drama it is. You just focus on the high-importance broad-appeal stats and make lots of speechs and ads about them, only running a few ads as they get really expensive and cutting them off once you score a big hold on them. Everything else is managing the numbers game to eke out a few more percentage points and win at the end.

Related: The Running With Scissors team has STOPPED selling Postal 3 in their store and they call it a "Dodgy Russian Fangame called Postal 3 in most stores." That should tell you how worthwhile Postal 3 is (Which it does for me, still having yet to play P3 myself). Stick with 2. 2 IS a bad game but it is quite fun in a number of ways.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#6773 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Anyone who has Dead Rising 2, are there any solutions that can cure the "DR2 has stopped working"? I've tried several to no avail...

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6774 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

This will be my first STEAM black Friday. Is it as crazy as the console black Fridays? Just wondering about the quantities and timing of codes. Methinks it is a different beast is why I'm asking. Shit is already insane on the console threads.

FYI- I started to STEAM around May and my backlog is in the "Stop yelling at me, babe, it'll be finished downloading in 20 minutes"! territory since the summer sale. Wife hates me...

#6775 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Currently have a group buy post in Steam Group Buy/Gifts thread. I'll host if I can get 3 others.

#6776 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

This will be my first STEAM black Friday. Is it as crazy as the console black Fridays? Just wondering about the quantities and timing of codes. Methinks it is a different beast is why I'm asking. Shit is already insane on the console threads.

FYI- I started to STEAM around May and my backlog is in the "Stop yelling at me, babe, it'll be finished downloading in 20 minutes"! territory since the summer sale. Wife hates me...

I don't think the Steam Autumn sale is anything to really anticipate. They tend to go all out on the Summer (July) and Winter (Xmas) sales.

#6777 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't think the Steam Autumn sale is anything to really anticipate. They tend to go all out on the Summer (July) and Winter (Xmas) sales.

There was that one year with the 12 packs of games. Normally tends to be a pretty good sale (of course it's better the less you own on steam) and last year the whole month of December had sales building up between Thanksgiving and Winter. As always there are chances games will go cheaper in the winter sale, but if you plan on playing immediately buy at whatever price you're comfortable with.

#6778 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

My advice - you'll want to hit those 75% off and (the much rarer) better percentage-off sales. Those are hard deals to pass up - b/c if you're throwing it into your backlog, there normally won't be much of a risk of a better sale is possibly coming soon + you do have the good chance that you ain't even touched the backlogged game yet when the next sale comes around!

You only buy a game on a Steam sale that is 75% off or lower, if it's really for something you believe will be amazing & that you're fiending to download it + play it ASAP. Trust me - there'll be a few titles that'll speak to you like that. I think for those games, those should be time-sink games (normally, RPG's fall under that category). For me, Skyrim was one of those games - as it's that game that I constantly end up going back to...and have logged around 105 hours into since I first got it (last X-Mas 2011, it was 33% off back then).

EDIT:
Also, there's a few titles that very rarely hit sales on Steam. You'll want to watch for these titles.
If you ever see Vampire: The Masquerades - Bloodlines or Jade Empire: Special Edition hit the $5 or less club, if for some reason you don't own them already & you do love RPG's - TAKE THEM.
Jade Empire is much rarer to see on sale than Bloodlines - as Bloodlines has been popping up on sale a little bit more often than its usual (once and a full moon); but still, Bloodlines doesn't hit a Steam sale VERY often.
Jade Empire might be on sale ONCE a year, if that...

Edited by MysterD, 04 November 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#6779 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

So, no reason to go batshit waiting on a deal? Correct? Like, I just bought the Tomb Raider modern trilogy for $10 and am happy because I've never played any of them. But then I'll see it for $0.50 cheaper and kick myself? I was warned about STEAM. Now I know the cost. I'm shaq'd aren't I?

#6780 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

So, no reason to go batshit waiting on a deal? Correct? Like, I just bought the Tomb Raider modern trilogy for $10 and am happy because I've never played any of them. But then I'll see it for $0.50 cheaper and kick myself? I was warned about STEAM. Now I know the cost. I'm shaq'd aren't I?

I doubt you'll kick yourself over 50 freaking cents! LOL.

This are really depends, honestly...

We're not really going by price-point, but percentage off here. This is how Steam - and most of them at digital stores - chop prices.

Right now, 75% off for TR: Legend + Anniversary + Underworld each. I'd say - you did just fine on going w/ this deal. :)
That's how you should play the game here - especially if you do plan to back-log anything, you should wait for that 75% off point.

75% off is a magic point for me - and probably most CAG's here for Steam sales.
If you do see something you want at 75% off - TAKE IT.
It normally doesn't get much better than that.

Chances of ANY game hitting at better than 75% off on Steam is often VERY RARE.
If you do see something you want at a better percentage than 75% - ABSOLUTELY TAKE IT!!!
It's VERY RARE to see something hit 85% or even especially 90% off on STEAM - MOST DEFINITELY TAKE THOSE!!!

Anything below 75% off - gauge the game and decide if it's something you are going to play RIGHT NOW AND also get a lot of mileage out of. This is different for most people - i.e. long-winded RPG's like Skyrim are the kind of games I don't mind spending smaller percentages off on (i.e. 33% off). Some people gets tons of mileage out of something like COD games b/c they play the living Hell out of the MP. Many people play the hell out of the Assassin's Creed series b/c they love to do all the main quests, side quests, and collect-a-thons - and they'll get LOTS of hours out of finding everything (or close to it).

Edited by MysterD, 04 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.