Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6781 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Good advice. I'd also add a couple other points:

• Don't buy a game that isn't a daily deal! Unless it's 75% off (and even then) there's a chance it will be cheaper. Wait until the last day of the sale.
  • Capcom and Activision are notorious for not having good discounts. If one of their games is 66% off or more, grab it because it may not be that cheap again.
  • AAA or major publisher games generally don't drop below $20 non-sale price and $5 (75% off) sale price. If you see one at this price you want, grab it.
  • Valve, Sega, THQ, SquareEnix/Eidos, and 2K are known for having very good discounts. Expect every Valve first-party game to be at least 75% off at least once during the Winter sale. Expect high profile 2012 games from the others to drop in price considerably (ex: Borderlands 2).
  • Corollary: Sometimes the best deals on the above publishers' games aren't on Steam -- and that's fine! These publishers are all known for using Steamworks almost exclusively now, so odds are you'll be buying a key that activates on Steam. If you have any doubt though, ask in this thread.
  • Indie games are usually a "bad" purchase. Many of them end up in indie bundles that provide a handful of Steam keys for anywhere from $1-8.

Edit: I keep thinking of new points :lol:
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6782 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Since Steam sale tips are flowing, I'll just gently remind everyone to click on the link in my sig for the ultimate guide to Steam sales.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#6783 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Good advice. I'd also add a couple other points:

• Don't buy a game that isn't a daily deal! Unless it's 75% off (and even then) there's a chance it will be cheaper. Wait until the last day of the sale.
  • Capcom and Activision are notorious for not having good discounts. If one of their games is 66% off or more, grab it because it may not be that cheap again.
  • AAA or major publisher games generally don't drop below $20 non-sale price and $5 (75% off) sale price. If you see one at this price you want, grab it.
  • Valve, Sega, THQ, SquareEnix/Eidos, and 2K are known for having very good discounts. Expect every Valve first-party game to be at least 75% off at least once during the Winter sale. Expect high profile 2012 games from the others to drop in price considerably (ex: Borderlands 2).
  • Corollary: Sometimes the best deals on the above publishers' games aren't on Steam -- and that's fine! These publishers are all known for using Steamworks almost exclusively now, so odds are you'll be buying a key that activates on Steam. If you have any doubt though, ask in this thread.
  • Indie games are usually a "bad" purchase. Many of them end up in indie bundles that provide a handful of Steam keys for anywhere from $1-8.

EXCELLENT points! :D
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I definitely agree w/ paying attention to Daily Deals & often waiting for final recap day.

Sometimes, buying a BIG BUNDLE from a publisher can save a lot of $, too - provided you don't own most of the games in the Bundle already.
This always seems to be a thing for me - b/c I often ALREADY own most of the games in a bundle!

You also need to add something for those rare "white whale" sales - i.e. games like Vampire: Bloodlines and Jade Empire - b/c they hardly EVER go on sale! :P

Edited by MysterD, 04 November 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#6784 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'd add these points:

If a game and its sequel(s) is on Steam, it's possible you might be able to get better than 75% off individual titles by waiting on a bundle deal. Amazon is a good source for these.

Likewise, if it's a game with copious DLC, you might be best served watching for a bundle deal or holding out for a GotY version if it seems one is likely to be on the horizon. Some games like Magicka and Sanctum work out to be amazing deals when you buy their complete packs compared to what previous owners have to pay to get the pieces that have come out since.

The 75% off rule is a good one, but if you don't have many games on Steam yet, the Publisher Packs during the Summer and Winter Sales are a superior value. (Sadly, the last round of these featured incomplete publisher packs that left out games that had been included in previous sales, but they're still fantastic values.)

#6785 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Likewise, if it's a game with copious DLC, you might be best served watching for a bundle deal or holding out for a GotY version if it seems one is likely to be on the horizon. Some games like Magicka and Sanctum work out to be amazing deals when you buy their complete packs compared to what previous owners have to pay to get the pieces that have come out since.

Saints Row: The Third, anyone?
There's like 20 DLC's for that game. :P

EDIT:
Awesome game, BTW.

#6786 evantrees

evantrees

rejection and peace tiramisu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

IGX leftover

Posted Image

#6787 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Saints Row: The Third, anyone?

Ah, yes, another perfect example! I forgot that one because I got to take advantage of that amazing complete price last sale. I guess I only remember the ones that DON'T benefit me. ;)

#6788 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

My advice - you'll want to hit those 75% off and (the much rarer) better percentage-off sales. Those are hard deals to pass up - b/c if you're throwing it into your backlog, there normally won't be much of a risk of a better sale is possibly coming soon + you do have the good chance that you ain't even touched the backlogged game yet when the next sale comes around!

You only buy a game on a Steam sale that is 75% off or lower, if it's really for something you believe will be amazing & that you're fiending to download it + play it ASAP. Trust me - there'll be a few titles that'll speak to you like that. I think for those games, those should be time-sink games (normally, RPG's fall under that category). For me, Skyrim was one of those games - as it's that game that I constantly end up going back to...and have logged around 105 hours into since I first got it (last X-Mas 2011, it was 33% off back then).

EDIT:
Also, there's a few titles that very rarely hit sales on Steam. You'll want to watch for these titles.
If you ever see Vampire: The Masquerades - Bloodlines or Jade Empire: Special Edition hit the $5 or less club, if for some reason you don't own them already & you do love RPG's - TAKE THEM.
Jade Empire is much rarer to see on sale than Bloodlines - as Bloodlines has been popping up on sale a little bit more often than its usual (once and a full moon); but still, Bloodlines doesn't hit a Steam sale VERY often.
Jade Empire might be on sale ONCE a year, if that...

This man speaks the truth. Especially about VTM : Bloodlines and Jade Empire SE both great games that don't go on sale very often.

I have this feeling Condemned Criminal Origins might become similar. Let's hope that doesn't happen cause I would really love to play that game.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6789 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ah, yes, another perfect example! I forgot that one because I got to take advantage of that amazing complete price last sale. I guess I only remember the ones that DON'T benefit me. ;)

Dawn of War 2: Retribution, anyone?
Always seems to be THQ games loaded w/ 15+ DLC's - i.e. DOW2: Ret + SR: The Third.

EDIT:
Oh, that SR3: Franchise Pack deal for $13 or $14 w/ most DLC in there (except Genki Girl Pack, which was brand new at that time) was amazing.
Problem for me was - I didn't see that Franchise Pack deal coming and got totally trolled, as SR3 (base game) was $10 a few days before-hand on Amazon DVG!

#6790 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm not all that excited about this year's winter sale, to be honest. Just hard to see what else that's really tempting can go on sale.
I feel like I've gotten everything I've wanted during the summer's sale (my first one) and all the smaller sales since. All the recent games that came out will still cost more than I would like even at 75% off.
Basically, I'm not expecting a lot of titles that everyone here doesn't own already hitting the $5 or $2.5 price point. Hope I'm wrong.

#6791 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

This man speaks the truth. Especially about VTM : Bloodlines and Jade Empire SE both great games that don't go on sale very often.

I have this feeling Condemned Criminal Origins might become similar. Let's hope that doesn't happen cause I would really love to play that game.

I actually have Condemned 1 PC from Retail, bought it years ago.
REALLY good game.

I wish Condemned 2 would've gotten ported to the PC.
Still would love to see that happen, actually.

EDIT:
To add to that list, I'd love to see Microsoft get off their XBox Horse and just port these to the PC...
Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4;
Gears of War 2, 3, and upcoming Judgment;
and Fable 2.

EDIT 2:
To continue my ramblings, someone tell Rockstar to bring RD Redemption to the PC.

#6792 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm not all that excited about this year's winter sale, to be honest. Just hard to see what else that's really tempting can go on sale.
I feel like I've gotten everything I've wanted during the summer's sale (my first one) and all the smaller sales since. All the recent games that came out will still cost more than I would like even at 75% off.
Basically, I'm not expecting a lot of titles that everyone here doesn't own already hitting $5 or $2.5 price point. Hope I'm wrong.

For starters, I'll probably be looking for deals on Hotline Miami, Borderlands 2 & Dishonored.

EDIT:
Add also Torchlight 2 and maybe Skyrim DLC's to the list.

EDIT 2:
Also, add Max Payne 3 to the list, if cheap enough.
I really don't wanna DL something that is 35 GB.

#6793 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Not too excited either...I'll buy up the indies on sale and mainly looking for Torchlight 2 discount and well...that's about it.

#6794 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

For starters, I'll probably be looking for deals on Hotline Miami, Borderlands 2 & Dishonored.

EDIT:
Add also Torchlight 2 and maybe Skyrim DLC's to the list.

EDIT 2:
Also, add Max Payne 3 to the list, if cheap enough.
I really don't wanna DL something that is 35 GB.

Yeah, but judging by the summer sale the big games probably won't go down by more than 50%-66%, right? So you'd still be paying $20-$30 for something that would most likely go into your backlog. Are you sure it's not huge enough already? :-)
You can't possibly play all of these at once, so no point in buying them unless it's $5 or less. That's the way I see it, anyway.

#6795 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've still got 30+ games on my wishlist, and while I didn't add all of them since the last major sale, I did add quite a few.

@p-spiddy, when an actual Steam sale does hit (they seem to alternate between a "fall sale" and a "Thanksgiving sale" now prior to the big winter one), this thread goes bananas but people dig out great deals on lesser known games. Just stick around for the fun.
Posted Image

#6796 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I've still got 30+ games on my wishlist, and while I didn't add all of them since the last major sale, I did add quite a few.

@p-spiddy, when an actual Steam sale does hit (they seem to alternate between a "fall sale" and a "Thanksgiving sale" now prior to the big winter one), this thread goes bananas but people dig out great deals on lesser known games. Just stick around for the fun.

Like when I passed on the summer sale KOTOR for $2.50?

So, 75% off or what I think is rational? Thanks, guys. No lie. You guys have helped me know when or when not to jump. It's sort of a skill depending on your wallet. Like CAG in general. :applause: Thanks.

#6797 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

The Steam franchise packs this summer sale were pretty bad I felt. A lot of titles were missing from the set and you'd be pretty much better off buying them separately almost for the ones you really want. It's been pretty rare for games to go > 75% off lately on Steam and the best deal seems to be steam keys on Amazon in a bundle. Prices get knocked down to ~$1.50 - $2 / game which is about as low as I've seen.

Looking forward to hopefully new price cuts or better deals this winter.

#6798 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, but judging by the summer sale the big games probably won't go down by more than 50%-66%, right? So you'd still be paying $20-$30 for something that would most likely go into your backlog. Are you sure it's not huge enough already? :-)

As a CAG - my backlog can NEVER get HUGE enough. :P

I made the mistake once of not purchasing a copy of System Shock 2 when I saw it on the shelves when I was younger, which currently NOW impossible to find (b/c of legal matters, EA, Irrational, and who knows what other reasons) - and I'll never make that mistake AGAIN.

I eventually wound-up w/ a friend who hated the game giving me his copy. So grateful for such acts of kindness.

You can't possibly play all of these at once, so no point in buying them unless it's $5 or less. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Nope. Though, I do pound through games pretty quickly - since I really do have no real life and all. ;)
I've already logged over 22 hours into Dark Souls: PTD, and I've had it since last Sunday.

#6799 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

I actually have Condemned 1 PC from Retail, bought it years ago.
REALLY good game.

I wish Condemned 2 would've gotten ported to the PC.
Still would love to see that happen, actually.

EDIT:
To add to that list, I'd love to see Microsoft get off their XBox Horse and just port these to the PC...
Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4;
Gears of War 2, 3, and upcoming Judgment;
and Fable 2.

EDIT 2:
To continue my ramblings, someone tell Rockstar to bring RD Redemption to the PC.

I would have loved Condemned 2 on PC so I could have both in one place.

I'm not a huge Halo fan but I would love to see GOW 2 & 3 along with Fable 2 on PC.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!! Red Dead Redemption needs to be on PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6800 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, where is a thread on STEAM or is this it? Like trading codes or dropping codes for non-lurkers.

#6801 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Nope. Though, I do pound through games pretty quickly - since I really do have no real life and all. ;)
I've already logged over 22 hours into Dark Souls: PTD, and I've had it since last Sunday.

Fair enough. Ah, MysterD... well, I've tried my best to save your wallet ;)

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, where is a thread on STEAM or is this it? Like trading codes or dropping codes for non-lurkers.

This is it! And for trading we use the "conveniently" titled "Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread": http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563

#6802 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Like when I passed on the summer sale KOTOR for $2.50?

KOTOR is easily worth $2.50.
You see it again for that, TAKE IT.

So, 75% off or what I think is rational? Thanks, guys. No lie. You guys have helped me know when or when not to jump. It's sort of a skill depending on your wallet. Like CAG in general. :applause: Thanks.

Basically, yeah.

There's a lot of more detailed ideas from me and others on how to spend on Steam.

Also, check the competitors, too - Steam, GreenManGaming, Amazon DVG, Gamersgate, GameFly, and others often have good deals & some incentive programs, too - GMG might give you cash back; some might have extra percent off coupons; Gamersgate has BlueCoins; Amazon might give you a gift card for buying a specific game/bundle, etc etc.

This is especially true, since some games other digital services have activate up on Steam...especially true if it's known a certain game flat-out requires Steam EVERYWHERE.

Personally, I go where the best pricing; best amount of features/content; and/or least amount of DRM layers go. Depends on what hits first or what has the best combo of those elements for me. While I normally prefer DRM-FREE over everything, I don't expect that all the time...especially on new titles.

#6803 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

As a CAG - my backlog can NEVER get HUGE enough. :P

I made the mistake once of not purchasing a copy of System Shock 2 when I saw it on the shelves when I was younger, which currently NOW impossible to find (b/c of legal matters, EA, Irrational, and who knows what other reasons) - and I'll never make that mistake AGAIN.

I eventually wound-up w/ a friend who hated the game giving me his copy. So grateful for such acts of kindness.

System Shock 2 was a game that kind of came out of nowhere for me (since I never finished the first game for some reason). I bought it from Babbages, because I enjoyed the first game and had followed the development in PC magazines. Awesome game and next to impossible to find even used nowadays. I wish by some miracle it could be released on Steam. However, that is probably never happen.

Did you run the patches for Dark Souls?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6804 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would have loved Condemned 2 on PC so I could have both in one place.

I'm not a huge Halo fan but I would love to see GOW 2 & 3 along with Fable 2 on PC.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!! Red Dead Redemption needs to be on PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big Halo 1 fan - as I thought the first half of the game was awesome and how to design a FPS (tons of variety!); while the 2nd half was basically NOT how to design a FPS (cut & paste levels like the Monitor floors; the horrible Flood battles; tons of backtracking; etc - this part was obviously RUSHED).

I should get Halo 2 PC for the hell of it, if I can actually find it cheap somewhere...

I'd still love to see the rest of the Halo games on the PC - b/c it's freaking Halo. I prefer FPS's with a KB/mouse. And, of course, I'm love to throw all my PC settings to the max in-game and on my NVidia Control Panel.

RDR just needs to be on the PC. There ain't enough Western-setting games, as is. Throw in the fact Rockstar made it and that it's an open-world game - of course I want it here!

About Gears series and Fable 2 - Gears 1 was already here, so there's no need for rest of the series not to be here. If PCF actually ported the game decently (at that time), it would've sold better; and probably doesn't help w/ the PC version coming so late after GOW1 sold so well on the X-Box. Fable 2 - well, Fable 1 is here; Fable 3 is here - we just need Fable 2 here! I could careless about Fable: The Journey hitting the PC, honestly.

#6805 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

The Steam franchise packs this summer sale were pretty bad I felt. A lot of titles were missing from the set and you'd be pretty much better off buying them separately almost for the ones you really want. It's been pretty rare for games to go > 75% off lately on Steam and the best deal seems to be steam keys on Amazon in a bundle. Prices get knocked down to ~$1.50 - $2 / game which is about as low as I've seen.

Looking forward to hopefully new price cuts or better deals this winter.

I suspect that as publishers add more and more games to their libraries, the days of the Publisher Complete Packs have gone by the wayside, and we've seen that the past few sales. They want to come in at that $50-75 price point without giving too much value and future sales potential away. The funny side effect is that someone who has been following sales and may already own one piece of a pack is getting a better deal by waiting for games to go on sale individually. This happened to me last summer with the Telltale pack; I already owned Sam & Max Complete and it was cheaper to wait for the other individual parts to go 75% off (they did) than to buy the complete pack.

I do miss the days of the complete packs. $75 for the SquareEnix/Eidos complete bundle in 2010 and the $50 Focus Home Interactive bundle in 2011 were amazing deals.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6806 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

System Shock 2 was a game that kind of came out of nowhere for me (since I never finished the first game for some reason). I bought it from Babbages, because I enjoyed the first game and had followed the development in PC magazines. Awesome game and next to impossible to find even used nowadays. I wish by some miracle it could be released on Steam. However, that is probably never happen.

I never played SS1.
But, yeah - SS2 is really good, even though I never finished it. I should, since somebody went ahead and fixed it majorly, a few months back - so it'd run on modern systems! :D

Did you run the patches for Dark Souls?

Yep.

I'm running DSFix for Dark Souls, yes. I am keeping the game locked at 30 FPS without any hitched on my PC - since I'm playing online and don't want a G4WL ban. I got got most of the graphics features thrown up (i.e. VSSAO + HBAO).
I'm playing w/ X360 controller for Windows (USB-based) - KB/mouse felt WAY too clunky.
My PC = i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; Win 7 64-bit.

Awesome game - but BRUTALLY hard, if you don't think & don't strategize. "Prepare To Die Edition" should've been called "You're Already Dead Edition". You LEARN how to play often by watching your enemies kill you and learning their move-sets; watching other players die from touching their Bloodstains; and reading Messages on the ground left by other players that often give advice while in-game. Be prepared to die - A LOT.

#6807 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'm not a big Halo 1 fan - as I thought the first half of the game was awesome and how to design a FPS (tons of variety!); while the 2nd half was basically NOT how to design a FPS (cut & paste levels like the Monitor floors; the horrible Flood battles; tons of backtracking; etc - this part was obviously RUSHED).

I should get Halo 2 PC for the hell of it, if I can actually find it cheap somewhere...

I'd still love to see the rest of the Halo games on the PC - b/c it's freaking Halo. I prefer FPS's with a KB/mouse. And, of course, I'm love to throw all my PC settings to the max in-game and on my NVidia Control Panel.

RDR just needs to be on the PC. There ain't enough Western-setting games, as is. Throw in the fact Rockstar made it and that it's an open-world game - of course I want it here!

About Gears series and Fable 2 - Gears 1 was already here, so there's no need for rest of the series not to be here. If PCF actually ported the game decently (at that time), it would've sold better; and probably doesn't help w/ the PC version coming so late after GOW1 sold so well on the X-Box. Fable 2 - well, Fable 1 is here; Fable 3 is here - we just need Fable 2 here! I could careless about Fable: The Journey hitting the PC, honestly.

I had the feelings on the first Halo. Honestly, if the other games were on PC and had online communities I would probably play them some.

Most definitely! It's a shame they never ported RDR. Did they ever port Red Dead Revolver?

Completely agree on Gears series and Fable 2. Fable 2 just by default needs to be on PC. Why port 1 and 3 but not 2?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6808 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I had the feelings on the first Halo. Honestly, if the other games were on PC and had online communities I would probably play them some.

Most definitely! It's a shame they never ported RDR. Did they ever port Red Dead Revolver?

Completely agree on Gears series and Fable 2. Fable 2 just by default needs to be on PC. Why port 1 and 3 but not 2?

Microsoft got away from PC when they began making TONS of money off X-Box; G4WL was considered an epic failure by PC gamers (and STILL IS); Steam began really taking over PC market (especially digital market); and b/c of concerns of rampant piracy, of course.

Red Dead Revolver never came to PC, nope.

#6809 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I never played SS1.
But, yeah - SS2 is really good, even though I never finished it. I should, since somebody went ahead and fixed it majorly, a few months back - so it'd run on modern systems! :D

Yep.

I'm running DSFix for Dark Souls, yes. I am keeping the game locked at 30 FPS without any hitched on my PC - since I'm playing online and don't want a G4WL ban. I got got most of the graphics features thrown up (i.e. VSSAO + HBAO).
I'm playing w/ X360 controller for Windows (USB-based) - KB/mouse felt WAY too clunky.
My PC = i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; Win 7 64-bit.

Awesome game - but BRUTALLY hard, if you don't think & don't strategize. "Prepare To Die Edition" should've been called "You're Already Dead Edition". You LEARN how to play often by watching your enemies kill you and learning their move-sets; watching other players die from touching their Bloodstains; and reading Messages on the ground left by other players that often give advice while in-game. Be prepared to die - A LOT.

Graphics on SS1 are very dated but the gameplay was excellent.

The patches work well with SS 2. There is even a texture upgrade patch that cleans up a bit. Very nice! I can't wait to play DS on PC.

Did you ever play Demon's Souls on ps3?

That game was brutal. :lol:

I know how difficult that game is and I've heard about the difficulty in DS. Definitely welcome the challenge though. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6810 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Microsoft got away from PC when they began making TONS of money off X-Box; G4WL was considered an epic failure by PC gamers (and STILL IS); Steam began really taking over PC market (especially digital market); and b/c of concerns of rampant piracy, of course.

Red Dead Revolver never came to PC, nope.

Oh yes I remember that. But, why bring Fable 3 to PC?

Hmmm so, all of Rockstar's games except for the Red Dead series have been ported to PC?

Interesting....
Posted Image
Posted Image