Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6841 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

You must have the wrong thread, we don't play the games we buy, we collect them :P

LOL I currently have over 930 games across all platforms and i've only ever played maybe 500 or 600 of them. I've beaten even less than that.

#6842 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hey Guys, long time CAG. Big time lurker however hehe. Reason I'm gonna start posting again is that I finally got a PC about a month ago. Hi :)

Wanted to ask. of all the things you guys buy on Steam, what percentage do you usually play?

You mean to tell me you can actually "play" these things?

Mind = blown.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6843 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

LOL I currently have over 930 games across all platforms and i've only ever played maybe 500 or 600 of them. I've beaten even less than that.

Placing the disc in the console and looking at the main menu or running the game to adjust the settings doesn't count, Mulder.

:lol:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#6844 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Placing the disc in the console and looking at the main menu or running the game to adjust the settings doesn't count, Mulder.

:lol:

LOL true

#6845 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I have 618 games and have reasonably played about 1/5 of those. In my defense, many others were acquired as part of bundles.

#6846 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Wow! I have about 6 games in my library, and I am definitely waiting for the steam winter sale, others are sitting there as gifts to give out this Christmas. I was feeling very wasteful, but you guys have shown me the way. I need to buy a lot more games so they can be collected like Pokemon. Feels good man :)

I'm battlerep on steam if you guys wanna add me :)

#6847 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Welcome to our cult :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6848 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Wow! I have about 6 games in my library, and I am definitely waiting for the steam winter sale, others are sitting there as gifts to give out this Christmas. I was feeling very wasteful, but you guys have shown me the way. I need to buy a lot more games so they can be collected like Pokemon. Feels good man :)

Added. I suppose my 93 Steam games will jump to over 200 by the time the winter sale is over.....oh my wallet it burns!

#6849 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

If you want to up your Steam backlog in a hurry, check out all the bundles coming out. You can usually get at least 2-3 Steam keys for a dollar or two. In fact, with the current Indie Gala you can probably get around 9 Steam keys, most of them for Paradox games, for a couple of bucks by finding someone to sell you a BTA happy-hour bundle. Most times these are cheaper than even Steam sales.

Also, see the OP for joining the Steam CAG group.

Edited by seamoss, 05 November 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#6850 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Added. I suppose my 93 Steam games will jump to over 200 by the time the winter sale is over.....oh my wallet it burns!

You know that's what I'm thinking will be my gift this Christmas. I'll ask for Steam gift cards. I want to get Witcher 2, but I've promised myself to hold on for the winter sale. That and Skyrim. Now that I have a good PC it's gonna be on.
Posted Image

#6851 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

You know that's what I'm thinking will be my gift this Christmas. I'll ask for Steam gift cards. I want to get Witcher 2, but I've promised myself to hold on for the winter sale. That and Skyrim. Now that I have a good PC it's gonna be on.

Yeah i'm just now starting to get into the PC gaming scene. I love my physical copies but those Steam sales WOW....

#6852 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Yeah i'm just now starting to get into the PC gaming scene. I love my physical copies but those Steam sales WOW....

Physical copies? Some of us would need to build on an addition. We're far too cheap for that.

#6853 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Physical copies? Some of us would need to build on an addition. We're far too cheap for that.

Yeah about 650 or so? Of my overall collection are physical copies. always been more of a Sony kind of guy. Been collecting since I was 4 on the SNES/N64 and I am currently 20.

#6854 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

According to Raptr, I have 1731 games. In terms of how much I've played compared to how much I haven't even touched...

Posted Image

...the numbers speak for themselves. :lol:

#6855 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Since Steam sale tips are flowing, I'll just gently remind everyone to click on the link in my sig for the ultimate guide to Steam sales.

Wow dude that sales tip post is insane lol...

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6856 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Anyone who has Dead Rising 2, are there any solutions that can cure the "DR2 has stopped working"? I've tried several to no avail...

Anyone have this problem?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6857 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

According to Raptr, I have 1731 games. In terms of how much I've played compared to how much I haven't even touched...

Posted Image

...the numbers speak for themselves. :lol:

Oh wow! O.O

#6858 Pats12Sox34

Pats12Sox34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Anyone else have a Political Machine 4 pack group going or want to start one? I missed out on the last one

#6859 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I figure I'll wind up picking up D3 when it drops below $20. I didn't score on that $10 TRU clearance.

Bummer @ not scoring it on TRU deal. :(

NFS:MW (2005) on PC was better than the PS2 version, because the PS2 version would start to get choppy when 30+ cops were close enough to be on-screen.

NFS MW 2005 PC was great. Loved that game.

GRID, Dirt 1,2,3 run just peachy.

I have DIRT 1 & GRID 1, but ain't touched it.
Ain't bought DIRT 3 or DIRT: Showdown.

The lack of AA in NFS:HP (2010) didn't bother me much.

I think I threw it up on the NVidia Panel, if I recall - and it was fine.
Hot Pursuit 2010 was pretty good, actually.

Though I have to agree recent entries have fallen short, lighting in Driver:SF, 30 FPS lock (for a long time) in NFS:TR, reported horrible performance in NFS:MW 2012. That said some PC-centric racers have issues, like SimBin's eye-bleeding lack of AA/Aniso in Race '07 and expansions (necessitating Nvidia Control Panel tweaks).

I liked NFS: The Run, but after doing "The Run", which takes like anywhere from 3-8 hours, it really doesn't have much staying power. You, more or less, will play to basically top your friends' score on AutoLog.
I didn't try the MP, though.
I had more problems w/ the unlocked FPS than w/ it locked at 30 FPS - b/c I'd have all kinds of CTD's, game freezes, and other madness. At 30 FPS, no problems what-so-ever.

I ain't played NFS: MW 2012 yet.

Driver: SF was good....but, I just kind of stuck on a certain mission. I had most of the other missions done...and this one was still looming. And once that happens and it bugs me for a while, I will go away from the game...likely, for a while.

#6860 Pats12Sox34

Pats12Sox34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Random question about NFS Most wanted 2005, Xbox controller recognition seems pretty terrible left analog seems too sensitive or something anyone notice anything like that?

#6861 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Yeah about 650 or so? Of my overall collection are physical copies. always been more of a Sony kind of guy. Been collecting since I was 4 on the SNES/N64 and I am currently 20.

If you have a collection instinct and don't have too much in your Steam library yet I recommend disconnecting from the internet during the winter sale. Have you heard of the publisher packs?

#6862 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Yes, very true I also recommend the Sly Cooper and Ratchet and clank series.

I knew there were more Sony PlayStations titles I missed -ugh!

If you liked the old MK games then you'll probably love the latest one.

I loved the old MK's - MK1, 2, 3, UMK3, and even MK4.

Black and White :D very good game. I have not played the second yet though.

Black & White 1 was pretty good...for the first 3 islands. After that, got BORED.
Black & White 2 was also pretty good.
Never finished either of them, actually.

It's a movie that came out back in 1979. I saw it first because cause HBO liked to play it late at night and I'm a night owl. Definitely, a fun and entertaining cult film.
CAN YOU DIG IT!?!?!?!?

I was born in 1980, hehe.
I definitely know what it is, I just don't think I've seen it, for some reason...

#6863 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

If you have a collection instinct and don't have too much in your Steam library yet I recommend disconnecting from the internet during the winter sale. Have you heard of the publisher packs?

Yep going to be buying the Valve and Id software packs! :)

#6864 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Yep going to be buying the Valve and Id software packs! :)

If you're thinking about the Id pack, you might want to consider waiting for Quakecon. They usually have the complete Id/Bethesda package going for a nice deal, and in the past, they've added an additional discount to people who pre-order an upcoming game (which you can take advantage of if someone else is pre-ordering).

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#6865 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

If you're thinking about the Id pack, you might want to consider waiting for Quakecon. They usually have the complete Id/Bethesda package going for a nice deal, and in the past, they've added an additional discount to people who pre-order an upcoming game (which you can take advantage of if someone else is pre-ordering).

Oh sweet thanks alot for the tip! :)

#6866 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Keep in mind that's in August (I think) so it's going to be a long wait until the next Quake Con pack. But during the Winter sale there will most definitely be publisher packs.

#6867 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Keep in mind that's in August (I think) so it's going to be a long wait until the next Quake Con pack. But during the Winter sale there will most definitely be publisher packs.

Yeah there were publisher packs in the summer sale.

#6868 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Wanted to ask. of all the things you guys buy on Steam, what percentage do you usually play?

What's it to you pal? =p This is a game *buying/collecting* thread, not a game playing thread. For some CAGs in this thread only a good Steam sale makes the shakes go away.

Random question about NFS Most wanted 2005, Xbox controller recognition seems pretty terrible left analog seems too sensitive or something anyone notice anything like that?

IIRC, I used DirectInput (RumblePad 2 / F510). It predates the 360, so I'm suprised it works with the 360 controller. At least one of the 360 axes is flipped relative to DirectInput.

I have DIRT 1 & GRID 1, but ain't touched it.
Ain't bought DIRT 3 or DIRT: Showdown.

I think I threw it up on the NVidia Panel, if I recall - and it was fine.
Hot Pursuit 2010 was pretty good, actually.

I liked NFS: The Run, but after doing "The Run", which takes like anywhere from 3-8 hours, it really doesn't have much staying power. You, more or less, will play to basically top your friends' score on AutoLog.
I didn't try the MP, though.
I had more problems w/ the unlocked FPS than w/ it locked at 30 FPS - b/c I'd have all kinds of CTD's, game freezes, and other madness. At 30 FPS, no problems what-so-ever.

I ain't played NFS: MW 2012 yet.

Driver: SF was good....but, I just kind of stuck on a certain mission. I had most of the other missions done...and this one was still looming. And once that happens and it bugs me for a while, I will go away from the game...likely, for a while.

OMG, play GRID, it has a wonderful physics engine for an arcade racer, and the tracks are great. I have ~40 hours on Dirt 2 but only few hours in Dirt 3 and less in Dirt 1. Dirt 1 seems closer to Dirt 2 than Dirt 3. They all are iterations of the same engine though. Dirt 3 adds gimmicky stunt showboating events (somewhere between NFS:U2 and Mad Racers) that really aren't bad and do allow some unique play but fall outside expectations of a Rally oriented racer -- and I haven't run across any mechanic to buy and hoard my own cars, just racing freelance atm -- I like virtual car hoarding. Dirt 3 also has it's own take of NFS:U2 downhill drift events -- but without drift-linking.

I really loved NFS:HP 2010. The Run was enjoyable, but the poor car switching mechanic annoyed me. 30 FPS wasn't too bad -- I played pre-uncap. But I agree it has poor replayabilty -- I've tried. I occasionally fire up GRID, Dirt 2, or NFS:HP for a quick racing fix.

NFS:MW 2012, I'm waiting for a few patches and a deep sale, maybe not in that order. I'm expecting I'll pick it up right around Xmas.

Driver:SF wasn't what I was expecting, but it was enjoyable. The only irritation that comes to mind was the defend-the-sitting-duck-armored-van missions. Driver: SF is wide open to abuse of shift-ramming any cars that are ahead of you.

#6869 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Stop stop STOP the thread.

There's people here who haven't seen The Warriors. The thread can't continue until they have done.

Go get yourself a beer, get comfortable, and get ready for one hell of a good film. Despite being (thirty?) years old, it holds up very well, and the soundtrack kicks arse.

Do it.

#6870 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Stop stop STOP the thread.

There's people here who haven't seen The Warriors. The thread can't continue until they have done.

Go get yourself a beer, get comfortable, and get ready for one hell of a good film. Despite being (thirty?) years old, it holds up very well, and the soundtrack kicks arse.

Do it.

Yeah, I probably should watch that someday.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo