Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6901 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Was it that price last year? I don't know how I would've missed that.

It was $14.99 both as a daily in the summer sale and a weekend deal last month. Not bad for all three Runaway games, The Next BIG Thing, and Yesterday.

#6902 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just wait for the Pendolu Adventure Pack to go on sale as a deal during the Holiday Sale, it goes for $14.99.

So that's how much it was. Thanks for remembering. Hopefully it'll be that price again and I'll pick it up then.

At that price, you should get a dozen copies and share them with your friends. It's one of my go-to movies when I just feel like watching something cool and action-y.

Agreed. I'm loving the Warriors love in this thread today. :applause:

#6903 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think I own The Warriors on HDDVD but have never seen it. However windows7 doesn't seem to detect any HDDVD that goes in my combo drive so until I find a fix for that I won't be able to see it.

#6904 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Surprised the Warriors game didn't get any love here. Is it because it never came to PC?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#6905 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Surprised the Warriors game didn't get any love here. Is it because it never came to PC?

It was gloriously brutal. I think I played the game first and then immediately rented the film. But I can't remember if the game was faithful or wildly divergent.

I'm disappointed that those who've never seen thus could not appreciate the extreme wittiness of my Backloggery update after I beat Borderlands 2. Le sigh.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#6906 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

The game was a precursor, and the end of it was where you finally got into the movie parts. One of the few Xbox games I'm disappointed I never finished.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6907 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think I'm so broke, I'll only buy games during the summer sale and winter sale pretty soon. Take that Romney/Obama!

You think you're broke now. Wait until you see the sale and then you make up the cheap prices by buying in quantity more than you would've saved. That's why CAG has 3:1 buying vs actually playing ratio.:lol:

Here's my contribution to the thread within this thread.

Posted Image

#6908 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

BL2 Golden Key Code:

KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#6909 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

BL2 Golden Key Code:

KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ

Was hoping someone posted this so I don't have to watch the video, thanks.

#6910 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Daily Deal

Yesterday $10.19 66% off

Wait, today's Daily Deal was yesterday? Then what's the Daily Deal today?

:) Or we could just go with "Who's on first?"

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#6911 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I knew there were more Sony PlayStations titles I missed -ugh!

I loved the old MK's - MK1, 2, 3, UMK3, and even MK4.

Black & White 1 was pretty good...for the first 3 islands. After that, got BORED.
Black & White 2 was also pretty good.
Never finished either of them, actually.

I was born in 1980, hehe.
I definitely know what it is, I just don't think I've seen it, for some reason...

There are even more than that. Sony has some fine first party titles.

I was also a big fan of the old MKs and MK 9 definitely lives up to those. It's like the old games with a major facelift!

I think I got past at least the first three islands. Any idea how much game time that would have been on average?

:lol: I know how that goes sometimes certain items of pop culture just fall through the cracks. Definitely, recommend you check it out sooner than later, ya dig?

Edited by evildeadjedi, 06 November 2012 - 12:32 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6912 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think I got past at least the first three islands. Any idea how much game time that would have been on average?

After about 10 hours of both B&W1, that was the end for me....
That was around the time, I hit the 3rd island...and eventually grew bored.

I'm...not sure on B&W2. I know I preferred B&W2 over B&W1. B&W1 throws too many of its gameplay elements too early, while B&W2 trickles them out as you go along to keep the game more interesting.
Plus, B&W2 is more focused - and has some upgrading RPG-like elements.
Also, what made B&W2 more interesting - you have more than just trying to convert those to believe in you (good route)...
...In B&W2, you can go more evil - you can also choose to actually wage a full-blown war on other areas & civilizations (evil route).

#6913 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

I loved Black & White! haha great games.

Anyone else just get 3 copies of DOTA 2 in their inventory?

#6914 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Stop stop STOP the thread.

There's people here who haven't seen The Warriors. The thread can't continue until they have done.

Go get yourself a beer, get comfortable, and get ready for one hell of a good film. Despite being (thirty?) years old, it holds up very well, and the soundtrack kicks arse.

Do it.

Hell yea Flow! :applause:

Yeah, I probably should watch that someday.

Yes, you should. :)

It is still one of my favorite movies. I just remember seeing the baseball furies and how cool they looked. I even perfected that flip he does with the bat right before the fight with Ajax started. :D

Tell me this isn't a great fight scene even though 30+years old!

Awesome, the Furies were so iconic. The first time you see them you will then always recognize them.

A group of dudes in Yankee pinstripes, cleats, carrying baseball bats, with their faces painted = iconic.

I love that scene. So, many memorable scenes in that movie.

"Now, look what we have here before us. We got the Saracens sitting next to the Jones Street Boys. We've got the Moonrunners right by the Van Cortlandt Rangers. Nobody is wasting nobody. That... is a miracle. And miracles is the way things ought to be."

"You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it? "

8-)

i've never seen this, and am going to watch it, right now...

Yes, do that!

I haven't seen it either but I can tell you what my two favorite parts are:

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!

Definitely, check out the film sometime soon.

So awesome that its awesome, you mean.

Exactly 8-)

I'm BigSpoonyBard, and I approve this message

For the extra cool, there's a lovely homage to The Warriors in the super-awesome Korean flick City of Violence

Good call on City of Violence BSB! That movie is just plain fun. :bouncy:

So that's how much it was. Thanks for remembering. Hopefully it'll be that price again and I'll pick it up then.

Agreed. I'm loving the Warriors love in this thread today. :applause:

"All right now, for all you boppers out there in the big city, all you street people with an ear for the action, I've been asked to relay a request from the Grammercy Riffs. It's a special for the Warriors, that real live bunch from Coney, and I do mean the Warriors. Here's a hit with them in mind." starts playing "No Where to Run" by Arnold McCuller.

That would be my guess. I loved the game so much I completed it on ps2 and psp. :lol:

NSFW due to language:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6915 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

I don't remember how far I got on B&W1. I remember drawing a ton of pentagrams in fights. And I could not teach the damn thing to save people drowning. I eventually got bored, and got as evil as I could. Then my save got corrupt or bugged. I think my alignment got reset, but all the evil buildings and effects remained.

#6916 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

sure did!

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#6917 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

sure did!

I've been wanting to play this game for a while and I never get any of these invites.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6918 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Guys! Hotline Miami now supports controllers!! Go buy that game now, its sweet!! Come out and playyyyyy :)
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6919 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

I haven't seen it either but I can tell you what my two favorite parts are:

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!

That part was actually not even in the script and was improvised :D
http://www.youtube.c...QBHBeleE#t=148s

#6920 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I've been wanting to play this game for a while and I never get any of these invites.

Sent you a pm.

#6921 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

The Warriors video game NEVER came to the PC.

So did a few other Rockstar games, which we discussed back here.

#6922 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

I can not wait for the Holiday sale. I just sold my Eve account and am going to go buck fucking wild.

#6923 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

holy, city of violence looks bad ass!

That's because it is. It warms up slowly, but it kicks some major ass. The last half-hour-ish is pure badassery.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#6924 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Guys! Hotline Miami now supports controllers!! Go buy that game now, its sweet!! Come out and playyyyyy :)

I never looked into this aspect when I almost bought it earlier in the week. I'm hoping for 50% off this winter.

#6925 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

sweet. I bought it already but was holding off on it for controller support. thx

#6926 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

That's because it is. It warms up slowly, but it kicks some major ass. The last half-hour-ish is pure badassery.

Has MTV aired it with rappers dubbing the voices?

-xKg2meXFnc

#6927 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

I don't remember how far I got on B&W1. I remember drawing a ton of pentagrams in fights. And I could not teach the damn thing to save people drowning. I eventually got bored, and got as evil as I could. Then my save got corrupt or bugged. I think my alignment got reset, but all the evil buildings and effects remained.

I couldn't stop my creature from shitting on people and then eating them but other than that I loved the Black and White series.

no, haven't received them gonna restart steam
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6928 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

A friend of mine did, tried to gift me one but I'm not big into that genre. Told him to try selling it or something.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

#6929 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Hmmm, nothing for me either :(

I'll take an invite if anyone has an extra they don't want :)

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#6930 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Great, it's gonna be Dota2gifts again, thank goodness for the filter lol