Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6931 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Fun Fact: Last year the autumn sale commenced on November 23rd.

HYPE
HYPE
HYPE

MARS

#6932 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Has MTV aired it with rappers dubbing the voices?

-xKg2meXFnc

I hated this...and loved it at the same time. Whoever came up with the idea dubbing this with rappers is either a pure genius, or smokes enough to think he/she is. Also, it's surprising how many well known (well relatively) Korean actors are in this film.

#6933 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm BigSpoonyBard, and I approve this message

For the extra cool, there's a lovely homage to The Warriors in the super-awesome Korean flick City of Violence

This is what happens when you keep switching back and forth between sleeping dogs and dance central
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6934 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Great, it's gonna be Dota2gifts again, thank goodness for the filter lol

Dota can't be given away on steamgifts anymore. The remaining giveaways are the last ones.

#6935 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

I can't decide whether to be sad that I won't be getting 300 Steamgifts points every hour or glad that every drawing I enter won't be against 2.5K entries of people just dumping their points into everything.

#6936 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Dota can't be given away on steamgifts anymore. The remaining giveaways are the last ones.

That's good to know. It was so bad last time their site kept going down and was slow as Fuck

#6937 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

First Giveaway!
http://www.steamgift...madness-returns

#6938 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

First Giveaway!
http://www.steamgift...madness-returns

Good choice of game!

#6939 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Good choice of game!

Fantastic choice of a game!

#6940 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

How is it determined who wins? Just random draw?

#6941 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

How is it determined who wins? Just random draw?

yep

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6942 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Fun Fact: Last year the autumn sale commenced on November 23rd.

HYPE
HYPE
HYPE

Don't remind me. I already spent like $100 on Anime this month. I also have a Wii-U coming and probably a $40 Raspberry Pi computer.

Not to mention Black Friday but I don't think there is much.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#6943 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Valve titles are 75% off at Gamefly.
http://www.gamefly.c...lveWeek&pf=1100

Use code BETATHANKS for an additional 20% off

#6944 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Wow. That's gotta be the cheapest any of these have been individually.

#6945 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I am assuming these games activate on steam?

Edit: Just added to cart and it specifically states that its for steam activation, sweet.

#6946 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

I am assuming these games activate on steam?

Edit: Just added to cart and it specifically states that its for steam activation, sweet.

Not sure if serious or just trolling.

#6947 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, lol, before this I would have actually bet money that a Valve game would never be cheaper anywhere outside of Steam... and I would have lost.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6948 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Will this be the cheaper way by buying those on Gamefly and then the remaining games from the valve complete pack on the winter sale individually rather than just buying the Complete Pack for $50? Btw will it be $50 on black friday sales?

#6949 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

So, I just picked up Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2, and Portal 2 for a grand total of $9.16 after 20% off coupon. Can I get a hell yea!

#6950 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

WOW silly me I originally thought that said 75% off wwwhhhheeeewww boy that'd been something.....

#6951 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Postal 2 has been greenlit. No code from groupees yet though.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#6952 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I've been waiting since winter 2010 for episodes 1 and 2 to fall below 2 dollars.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#6953 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I've been waiting since winter 2010 for episodes 1 and 2 to fall below 2 dollars.

Coupon code makes them $1.99 each.

#6954 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Midweek Madness is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 at 50% off ($4.99 or $9.99 for the SE)

The 2013 Expansion is also 50% off ($2.49). Don't know this game. Is it an upgrade for previous versions?

Chaos on Deponia is now available and 20% off ($15.99) until Nov 13th.

With this long-expected sequel to the critically highly acclaimed and lavishly praised Deponia, the player enters round two. Chaos on Deponia turns out to be even wackier than its predecessor and instantly puts the player under its spell. After the events on Deponia, it seems that Rufus came to his senses.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

Daily deal is Democracy 2 at 50% off ($9.99)

Democracy 2 is the ultimate political strategy / simulation game. The game simulates the motivations, loyalties and desires of everyone in the country. As president or prime minister, it's your job to balance the need for income from taxes against the demands of the voters. Do you want your country to be an eco-friendly green paradise?
Genre: Strategy, Indie, Simulation

#6955 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Midweek is GTA 4

GTA 4 - $4.99
Episodes from Liberty City - $4.99
Both - $7.49

Also, MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers - $4.99

Daily is Democracy 2 for $9.99

#6956 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Any thoughts on Magic the Gathering? Is it like the card game? What is all that bonus stuff? Does it ever go 75% off? Is 2013 better than 2012? Online MP I assume?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6957 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Midweek Madness is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 at 50% off ($4.99 or $9.99 for the SE)

The 2013 Expansion is also 50% off ($2.49). Don't know this game. Is it an upgrade for previous versions?

Freaking YES! :D Really been wanting to pick this one up ever since its release, but I've been waiting on a good deal for it. Glad I did.

To answer your question, the Duels of the Planeswalkers is pretty much an upgrade in the same regard that yearly sports games are. Each yearly version has new decks (that follow whatever sets were out and hot at the time) and new puzzles. Keep in mind you have to use provided preconstructed decks, and can't make your own from scratch.

Any thoughts on Magic the Gathering? Is it like the card game? What is all that bonus stuff? Does it ever go 75% off? Is 2013 better than 2012? Online MP I assume?

It's the card game. Nothing more, nothing less. (Well, aside from not being able to completely build a deck from scratch) Bonus stuff is cosmetic in game and not necessary at all. Not sure i've ever seen 2012 go 75% off, but I can't say for sure. (Check steam price trend sites) 2013 is better than 2012 if you like the more recent expansions. IE - Different cards available for use between the two. Yes, online multiplayer.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#6958 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Freaking YES! :D Really been wanting to pick this one up ever since its release, but I've been waiting on a good deal for it. Glad I did.

To answer your question, the Duels of the Planeswalkers is pretty much an upgrade in the same regard that yearly sports games are. Each yearly version has new decks (that follow whatever sets were out and hot at the time) and new puzzles. Keep in mind you have to use provided preconstructed decks, and can't make your own from scratch.

It's the card game. Nothing more, nothing less. (Well, aside from not being able to completely build a deck from scratch) Bonus stuff is cosmetic in game and not necessary at all. Not sure i've ever seen 2012 go 75% off, but I can't say for sure. (Check steam price trend sites) 2013 is better than 2012 if you like the more recent expansions. IE - Different cards available for use between the two. Yes, online multiplayer.

Just one last question, the expansion pack says it requires MTG 2013 so it is not an upgrade like a sports game since it seems to upgrade the 2013 version with even more decks?

#6959 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Who wants Half-Life 2: Episode One for free? :whee:

Santurio got it.

Edited by hollowfreak, 06 November 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#6960 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Is there a reason to purchase "Half Life 2" and then both "Half Life 2: Episode 1" and "Half Life 2" Episode 2"?

I know it should be common knowledge, but I never played them before.