Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6991 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Will this be the cheaper way by buying those on Gamefly and then the remaining games from the valve complete pack on the winter sale individually rather than just buying the Complete Pack for $50? Btw will it be $50 on black friday sales?

It might be $25 again. :D This brings up another IMPORTANT STEAM SALE RULE!

If a game price is discounted pretty heavily or if the prices seems "crazy", BUY THAT MOFO FAST AS HELL!!! it's probably a GLITCH and will be CORRECTED eventually. This will then lead to pages of people pissed they missed the "glitch". ;)

Is there a reason to purchase "Half Life 2" and then both "Half Life 2: Episode 1" and "Half Life 2" Episode 2"?

I know it should be common knowledge, but I never played them before.

Yes, you can then be like the rest us that have been patiently waiting for Episode 3 since.....too damn long...:censored:

Is GTA complete worth it? I've heard bad things about the PC port. I got like half way through on 360 and loved it.. I really just want to try the icenhancer 2.0 mod more than anything else but would like to hear a 2nd opinion for those who have played it (and preferably that mod too)

I've heard that the optimization issues are fixed. I think I might finally play through the expansions after I finish Costume Quest and Oblivion.

Edited by evildeadjedi, 07 November 2012 - 01:48 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6992 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

I picked up Half-life 2 and parts 1 and 2. Do these usually come with Deathmatch, Lost Coast, and Deathmatch Source because they are now in my library?

#6993 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

I've heard that the optimization issues are fixed. I think I might finally play through the expansions after I finish Costume Quest and Oblivion.

It's good to see another CAG that decided to play Costume Quest around the applicable holiday. I just finished the main game, and I'm currently working on the DLC scenario. (Humorously enough, the DLC scenario seems to be appropriate for the upcoming season.) So far, the game's been perfect for getting my mind off work.

Now, I just have to get my mind off my Steam backlog.

#6994 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Yeah, those are basically freebie throw-ins. Lost Coast is about a twenty minute tech demo of sorts that show off the Source upgrades between HL2 and the episodes.

#6995 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

It's good to see another CAG that decided to play Costume Quest around the applicable holiday. I just finished the main game, and I'm currently working on the DLC scenario. (Humorously enough, the DLC scenario seems to be appropriate for the upcoming season.) So far, the game's been perfect for getting my mind off work.

Now, I just have to get my mind off my Steam backlog.

I had been wanting to play it for awhile and I wanted to finish it by last Wednesday but I got too busy with other things.

That's what I've heard about the DLC. Maybe, I will get through the main game and save the DLC for December...

Try to just ignore that hideously long list. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6996 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, those are basically freebie throw-ins. Lost Coast is about a twenty minute tech demo of sorts that show off the Source upgrades between HL2 and the episodes.

Thanks. I thought that was the case but was surprised to see them selling Deathmatch for 4.99 by itself.

#6997 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

you can get torchlight 2 for 15.99 with coupon code BETATHANKS at gamefly.com does anyone know if you get steam keys from them ?
Posted Image

#6998 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

you can get torchlight 2 for 15.99 with coupon code BETATHANKS at gamefly.com does anyone know if you get steam keys from them ?

Yes. I got my personal TL2 steam key from them. The only version of TL2 that isn't steam is directly from the devels IIRC. Steam will have the nice advantage of getting the Mac version when it is released.

#6999 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

While reading my RSS feeds, found one from PC Gamer for a Hawken 2 Beta key.
https://www.futureco...ta2/Default.asp?
They're giving away 10,000 keys, just fill out the form on this link.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#7000 Bzzzzzt!

Bzzzzzt!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Steam keeps giving me DOTA 2s. Is there anyone out there who doesn't yet have this? PM me a link to your Steam profile.

EDIT: GONE

Edited by stapleking, 07 November 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#7001 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Posted Image

MARS

#7002 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Steam keeps giving me DOTA 2s. Is there anyone out there who doesn't yet have this? PM me a link to your Steam profile.

PM'd you! :)

#7003 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Posted Image
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7004 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

While reading my RSS feeds, found one from PC Gamer for a Hawken 2 Beta key.
https://www.futureco...ta2/Default.asp?
They're giving away 10,000 keys, just fill out the form on this link.

Hawken Beta 2 key*

They're not working on the second one QUITE yet.

#7005 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Posted Image

...elections on motorcycles?

#7006 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

I can finally play Political Machine 2012 :) I hate playing things through beforehand, feel like I will jinx things... same goes for sports.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7007 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Is Magic 2013 a good deal? (mid-week madness $5) I just started playing Magic for the first time a week ago... I want to know if that game will get addicting like I hear the TCG is...

76561198020429748.png

#7008 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

So are we just a PC general thread now? Or is it just stream of consciousness with content ripped from tumblr and reddit? We might need to change the title of the thread if this is the case.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7009 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

So are we just a PC general thread now? Or is it just stream of consciousness with content ripped from tumblr and reddit? We might need to change the title of the thread if this is the case.

I feel like everybody that posts here already knows what to expect. It's not like anyone stops in to complain about us not talking about relevant deals. At least not as often as every other thread on the deals forum.

Changing the thread title might not be a terrible idea, just for accuracy, but it's pretty much just thread regulars here when there isn't a major seasonal sale going on, so I don't know if there's much of a point.

#7010 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

You must be fun at parties. :cold:

MARS

#7011 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Been playing Amalur on Origin for a couple days. Gotta say, it's much better than the only other client I have experience with...which was GFWL.

#7012 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

The community warned me, but I payed no heed. Now I'm balls deep in this thing they call STEAM.

Fair warning, for those interested, come morning you will have been bested. By STEAM.

#7013 soundpross

soundpross

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Great deals on the valve games :)

-I can't believe this is really my first post and i joined CAG in 2010! anyways I'm hoping to get more friends on steam and get an invite to the CAG steam Group :)

#7014 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I've been playing through Hotline Miami this week, having bought it at launch.

It's fun and frustrating in equal measure. It's effectively a puzzle-murder-em-up, trying to work out the quickest/quietest/quirkiest way to clear a floor of victims* without getting killed.

You have 1HP. That's it. So you can't just outlast the opposition, you really need to kill them before they kill you. To quote Major Dick Winters, "Speed is the key".

I like it, but can only play 1-2 levels at a time. It reminds me of Super Meat Boy in that you'll do ever so well, die, then repeat but at a less patient pace and you'll die again, and again, and again, until eventually everything just clicks and you get that smug feeling of satisfaction about nailing everybody in quick succession.

I imagine we'll see it at 50% off sometime around Xmas so put it on your watchlist if you feel tempted. It's cheap enough that a 33% discount might even be enough for some people.

It's in my top 5 game experiences for the year. Don't let the wacky hallucinogenic graphics put you off, you'll tune out of them soon enough. It just comes down to you, the pool cue, that guy behind the door with the shotgun, and the amazing soundtrack.

Go kill somebody.

Hotline Miami is available now on STEAM.

* - if you're in a moral quandary and need motivation, they all look like gangsters and probably deserve to die for past indiscretions. Apart from Steve**, he's just an innocent bytander you just bludgeoned to death with a frying pan.

** - if it bothers you, Steve dodged a parking ticket seven years ago.

#7015 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Wow.. GTA complete for $7.49, or GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City individually at $4.99 each.

Definitely in for Episodes.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7016 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Been playing Amalur on Origin for a couple days. Gotta say, it's much better than the only other client I have experience with...which was GFWL.

Origin isn't half bad now. It's still not Steam so I will never use it for anything not EA related but I mean it's alright.

Got in on that $8 Lego Batman 2 Deal. Never played a lego game so I am excited to play this. Ok, lets be realistic here, I am excited to own it now but it will get lost in my backlog a week from now and about 2 months later I will remember oh yeah, I bought this :lol:. Like Binary Domain, Chronicles of Riddick, etc...
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7017 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Postal 2 was Greenlit. I saw some copies on Steamgifts and read a description, it said it was a Steam key from Desura. I went to my Desura account and saw nothing, so then I clicked "Install" and after Postal 2 starts Installing/DLing you can then right click on the game in your games list and click on "View CD Key" once you do this you should get a Steam key for Postal 2 Complete! Just activated mine :)

I know lots of us got Desura keys in bundles. One of my favorite games so I don't mind having it on Desura, Steam, and Boxed :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7018 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

For those who have lost track of all their bundles, Postal 2 was in Be Mine 3. Thanks for the heads-up, activating now!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7019 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Postal 2 was Greenlit. I saw some copies on Steamgifts and read a description, it said it was a Steam key from Desura. I went to my Desura account and saw nothing, so then I clicked "Install" and after Postal 2 starts Installing/DLing you can then right click on the game in your games list and click on "View CD Key" once you do this you should get a Steam key for Postal 2 Complete! Just activated mine :)

I know lots of us got Desura keys in bundles. One of my favorite games so I don't mind having it on Desura, Steam, and Boxed :)

If you took part in the promotion to get the game on Steam, you will need to register and contact the Running With Scissors team and request your key. Here are the instructions: http://steamcommunit...50398919161255/

They cross-check your information, so don't bother trying if you didn't contribute to getting the game on Steam. I don't seem to have the game on Desura, so here you go.

EDIT: I found my Postal 2 Complete code for Desura. It was in Groupees Be Mine 3, and I hadn't activated it. Go to your Groupees accounts and copy/paste your code here, follow Fox's instructions, then redeem your CD key on Steam.

Edited by Blade, 07 November 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7020 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Redeemed mine without a hitch.

EDIT: Wait a minute. It said it activated it, but it didn't go to the usual install screen and now there's no sign of it in my library.

453605.png
TheTsel.png