Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7021 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Origin isn't half bad now. It's still not Steam so I will never use it for anything not EA related but I mean it's alright.

Got in on that $8 Lego Batman 2 Deal. Never played a lego game so I am excited to play this. Ok, lets be realistic here, I am excited to own it now but it will get lost in my backlog a week from now and about 2 months later I will remember oh yeah, I bought this :lol:. Like Binary Domain, Chronicles of Riddick, etc...

Nice try EA employee :rofl:

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#7022 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Now it popped up.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7023 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Redeemed mine without a hitch.

EDIT: Wait a minute. It said it activated it, but it didn't go to the usual install screen and now there's no sign of it in my library.

Restart Steam. Same thing happened to me last night. After I restarted it was there.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#7024 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Restart Steam. Same thing happened to me last night. After I restarted it was there.

Indeed. That's what did it for me.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7025 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Today's deal is Cannon Fodder 3 at 40% off ($11.99)

Cannon Fodder 3 is a tactical action game, which inherited the style and traditions of the original game. The war goes on and its scale is nearly the same as before. 500 conscripts are sent to meet their destiny. What awaits them? A general's stars or a bed of honor?
Genre: Action

#7026 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

daily deal is cannon fodder 3 for $11.99

any good?

Hand__Of__God.png

#7027 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Postal 2 was Greenlit. I saw some copies on Steamgifts and read a description, it said it was a Steam key from Desura. I went to my Desura account and saw nothing, so then I clicked "Install" and after Postal 2 starts Installing/DLing you can then right click on the game in your games list and click on "View CD Key" once you do this you should get a Steam key for Postal 2 Complete! Just activated mine :)

I know lots of us got Desura keys in bundles. One of my favorite games so I don't mind having it on Desura, Steam, and Boxed :)

Got mine! Thanks!

MARS

#7028 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Oops, I missed the Be Mine 3. Anyone that doesn't want their Postal 2 key I will gladly take it off your hands. :)

Thanks!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7029 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I see Towns is now available for purchase. This was in the first Indie Royale Alpha Collection.

I registered my copy on Desura but can't find a way to pick up the CD Key? Anybody got any ideas? I don't see a "View CD Key" option on the Desura entry.

As for the game, I enjoyed it. Will dig out my mini-synopsis in a minute.

Edit: Back in May, I said...

I went back to Towns (included in the Indie Royale Alpha Collection #1) after reading this RPS article about it; the latest patch added heroes to the game, which is what piqued my interest.

The game seems to have changed quite a bit from the rough build that came with the bundle - I seem to recall that all of the text was m a s s i v e l y s p a c e d o u t w h i c h m a d e e v e r y t h i n g h a r d t o r e a d - and I really enjoyed it. I only played some of the tutorials, and even then they don't walk you through it that well, but already I've got ideas on what I want to try when I build my town and so on.

I popped on, expecting to play for 5-10 minutes, checked the clock two hours later and realised it was 1am.

This game could be onto something.

Haven't played it much since then, obviously. Backlog yo!

#7030 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

I see Towns is now available for purchase. This was in the first Indie Royale Alpha Collection.

I registered my copy on Desura but can't find a way to pick up the CD Key? Anybody got any ideas? I don't see a "View CD Key" option on the Desura entry.

As for the game, I enjoyed it. Will dig out my mini-synopsis in a minute.

I just tried the same thing. I guess we should wait a couple days or email the dev.

#7031 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

you get that smug feeling of satisfaction about nailing everybody in quick succession.

Sounds like my college days. HEY-O!

it said it was a Steam key from Desura.

Thank you for the detailed instructions.

#7032 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I was really wanting to buy Postal 2 when I saw it come out on steam. I bought back shortly after release and I had a lot of fun with it.

I'm hoping the price will drop down during the winter sale or black friday times.

#7033 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'm surprised Towns got 'finished' so fast? Is it actually in what people would call a finalized state?

#7034 Cybolt

Cybolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

If you took part in the promotion to get the game on Steam, you will need to register and contact the Running With Scissors team and request your key. Here are the instructions: http://steamcommunit...50398919161255/

They cross-check your information, so don't bother trying if you didn't contribute to getting the game on Steam. I don't seem to have the game on Desura, so here you go.

EDIT: I found my Postal 2 Complete code for Desura. It was in Groupees Be Mine 3, and I hadn't activated it. Go to your Groupees accounts and copy/paste your code here, follow Fox's instructions, then redeem your CD key on Steam.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for the heads up. Got my code and everything activated.

#7035 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

If you took part in the promotion to get the game on Steam, you will need to register and contact the Running With Scissors team and request your key. Here are the instructions: http://steamcommunit...50398919161255/

They cross-check your information, so don't bother trying if you didn't contribute to getting the game on Steam. I don't seem to have the game on Desura, so here you go.

EDIT: I found my Postal 2 Complete code for Desura. It was in Groupees Be Mine 3, and I hadn't activated it. Go to your Groupees accounts and copy/paste your code here, follow Fox's instructions, then redeem your CD key on Steam.

I forgot to mention that you can request a Desura key for Postal 1 in your e-mail and get both.

#7036 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm surprised Towns got 'finished' so fast? Is it actually in what people would call a finalized state?

Maybe.. Maybe not. This is from the Steam page:

The game has you managing a settlement on top of an active dungeon. Instead of playing the hero who delves deep into the dungeon, how about playing the town that houses and caters to the hero's needs?
Both the RPG and strategic aspects will be fleshed out over a series of sprawling dungeons.

#7037 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Regarding Towns Steam keys....

http://www.townsgame...php?f=20&t=5028

I would expect a week or so before we get them.

#7038 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's times like these I regret not buying the IR Alpha Bundle... boooooo

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#7039 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

First Giveaway!
http://www.steamgift...madness-returns

Dope, can't believe I won this. don't know anything about it but it looks cool. Thanks for the giveaway homie

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#7040 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Snapshot is now on Mac and is 50% off ($4.99) for a week
http://store.steampo...com/app/204220/

Serious Sam 3 BFE will be 85% off for 24 hours at Gamestop. Deal will start at midnight US Central.
http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W2350

Edited by dbolt, 08 November 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#7041 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

The original Doom 3 is back on Steam, by the way.

It's $9.99 now, and the expansion is $4.99, and there's a bundle where they're both $12.99.

I feel like this is half the price they used to sell for, but I don't have any hard source to confirm that.

#7042 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Serious Sam 3 BFE will be 85% off for 24 hours at Gamestop. Deal will start at midnight US Central.
http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W2350

~$6 for Serious Sam 3 BFE? I'm in!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#7043 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Bunch of mad riders steam keys showing up on steam gifts. Anyone got any idea where they are coming from?

I found out. Ubi store had a promo code that made it free. I missed out. Crap

#7044 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

~$6 for Serious Sam 3 BFE? I'm in!

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to bite on that price, too. Honestly lowest I ever see it dropping is $5 (unless like a year from now they stick it in an indie bundle like their past titles) and even that will take a while. I doubt it gets lower than $10 during Steam sales. Maaaaaaaaaybe there will be some crazy discount to be had with Amazon's $5 credits like they did last year but that's a bit of a gamble.

Gamestop is US, right? So hopefully Tony price matches.

#7045 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

I really really liked Serious Sam 3. Bought it during the Holiday Sale last year and played it right away and had a blast. It looks gorgeous and ran smooth. The last 1/3 of the last level got a bit long in tooth but otherwise it was a great game and I recommend it.

#7046 pudge343

pudge343

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

I added GTA IV Complete Edition $7.49 to the OP. Ends in 20 hours I believe.

#7047 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

Just to be the negative voice, SS3 was mindless and dull in my opinion. I think none of the series is worthwhile but SS:TSE is still much more worthwhile than SS3 if you absolutely must, and that you'll likely see $2.50
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7048 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

what does thursday hold.....a really AWESOME weekend sale?
i'm sad about wii U. Everyones getting one (cept me) God it looks so NEW and shiny! and the same. All these unboxings and game reviews.
I just need to stay strong and think backlog backlog backlog and winter sale. I can wait 6 months to 1 year. In 1 year the library will still be absolutely fledgling. Maybe for Nintendo's past sins I will be the lucky one who gets the price drop.
(However I always buy consoles and get burned waiting for games to play for EVA) (See Wii && Double Triple Burn on 3DS) I am STILL waiting for my flipping animal crossing.
rant:over.

#7049 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Just to be the negative voice

I'm tempted to use that quote, out of context, as a signature.

#7050 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

what does thursday hold.....a really AWESOME weekend sale?
i'm sad about wii U. Everyones getting one (cept me) God it looks so NEW and shiny! and the same. All these unboxings and game reviews.
I just need to stay strong and think backlog backlog backlog and winter sale. I can wait 6 months to 1 year. In 1 year the library will still be absolutely fledgling. Maybe for Nintendo's past sins I will be the lucky one who gets the price drop.
(However I always buy consoles and get burned waiting for games to play for EVA) (See Wii && Double Triple Burn on 3DS) I am STILL waiting for my flipping animal crossing.
rant:over.

You couldn't pay me to take a Wii a PS3 a 3DS an XYZ a PDQ or whatever if that makes you feel better. So I guess it's you and me against the world. Soldier on.