Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#691 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, lol I sometimes stray from the familiarity and comfort of the CAG group, the horrors I've seen :drool:
Also more love for So Blonde

Poor girl doesn't even realize she is all alone on a island and will starve to death. :cry: So I guess the title is correct she is, "Blonde" :lol:

Also....

Edited by Sophita, 18 August 2012 - 02:57 AM.

Posted Image

#692 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

True cheap ass?

Posted Image

Beyond Divinity was free, and High School Dreams was $1, so $2 for WitN. Not bad.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#693 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

May have spent the last 6 hours playing Sleeping Dogs. Definitely recommend it if you're on the fence.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#694 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Really strange, its not all the time, but maybe once every 10-15 minutes and it lasts 30 seconds or so.

Either a) something is running in the background every so often, like Windows Search Indexer and you should disable/remove it from your system, b) your anti-aliasing/v-sync is set to a certain level in the game and it is conflicting with the graphics software meaning you need to disable one, or c) you are somehow overheating your CPU/GPU with this game at medium settings and should consider reapplying thermal compound.

Shit, I forgot to use the coupon code for WitN! Traded in 5 games and ended up paying $2.50...but that could've been $1.50! :lol:

#695 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

Got invites to the closed Community beta ... is everyone getting these?

So far, I like what they've done with the new "Friends" tab. I have actually been wanting something like this for a long time. I mostly keep my gaming life off my Facebook and Google+ accounts, but I have like 150 Steam friends and I'm glad to have a place to post socially on Steam.

But the Game Hub is a train wreck, I can't see a reason for visiting these. Spoilers and NSFW content will be a big problem here.
Currently Playing: FTL: Faster than Light

#696 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

I just started building my Steam catalog. Mostly I've been replacing 360 games (just bought Alan Wake Franchise $10 deal). I just upgraded my computer to run games like Skyrim silky smooth on highest settings so I'm thinking of ditching the 360 and going with all Steam. Has anyone done this? And if so, are you happy with the decision?

#697 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

It seems that the CEO basically fired everyone but senior staff so he gets a bigger cut of the profits from selling the company, but will graciously hire everyone back next week, once the 'new' company takes ownership. Total dick move.

Amazing. The era of vulture capitalism marches on.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#698 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

Has anyone done this? And if so, are you happy with the decision?

Yes and yes.

I wanted to distance myself from consoles when the motion controllers took off, so I defected to PC and never looked back. It was one of the most scintillating decisions I've ever made.

MARS

#699 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

It's, err, interesting. There's some features I like but it needs some work. Beta is probably a good way to put it.

Apparently, doing the side stuff first glitches things up so that you don't get the story ending and just the dancing ending.

Wow. I'm kind of speechless. That's beyond shitty. Especially to hear from the actual employees or their family like that.

Oh okay well that doesn't sound too bad.

Cool, I'm now working on the tsunami part of the island. Is the Cabana trophy glitched? I swear I built 30+ cabanas in the hot springs/volcano level. No trophy :(

Definitely not right how that Onlive thing is going down. :censored:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#700 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

I just started building my Steam catalog. Mostly I've been replacing 360 games (just bought Alan Wake Franchise $10 deal). I just upgraded my computer to run games like Skyrim silky smooth on highest settings so I'm thinking of ditching the 360 and going with all Steam. Has anyone done this? And if so, are you happy with the decision?

...so you didn't participate in the Summer sale?

He's so new and... innocent

Your ass is Steam's come December :twisted:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#701 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yep I traded in all of 360 stuff this past sale, gamestop did a 100% value on consoles and 40% trade-in towards steam gift cards, With 300-400(Just from the trade credit) I was able to get around 60ish maybe even more games..I ended up losing count.

Plus we have our computer in the living room so with it directly connected to the TV I can play using the wireless 360 controller just like I did with the console..But with greater visuals and faster loading times and a ton more sales.

Overall, PC is just such a much better offer in terms of what you get and what you can do so love it, Also wait for the winter sale to do any huge amounts of buying off games you wont play before December.

Steam's Semi Annual sales will knock everything in the store to at least 50% off and most go for 75% to 80% off. So that is really the best time to like build your libary for the next coming few years.
Posted Image

#702 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thanks, guys^^
I started my Steam collection with the bundle that had Bastion, Psychonauts, etc and it just started ballooning from there. And the Summer Sale had me hooked. I couldn't believe what I was missing out on since I was too lazy to upgrade to a proper GC and PSU.
I guess you guys can welcome a new Steam addict to the club. Cheers!

#703 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

...so you didn't participate in the Summer sale?

He's so new and... innocent

laughed my ass off at this one. :rofl:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#704 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Cool, I'm now working on the tsunami part of the island. Is the Cabana trophy glitched? I swear I built 30+ cabanas in the hot springs/volcano level. No trophy :(

I did it in Freeplay on some other level. You might want to try that because sometimes it doesn't count buildings you've bought or carried over from a previous level.

76561197971332172.png

#705 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

Umm, checking my library looking at the bloated collection and apparently Valve gifted me Counter Strike: Global Offensive. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh and apparently Earth is getting fatter. :lol:

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#706 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

Poor girl doesn't even realize she is all alone on a island and will starve to death. :cry: So I guess the title is correct she is, "Blonde" :lol:

Meow! :kitty ears smiley:

Either a) something is running in the background every so often, like Windows Search Indexer and you should disable/remove it from your system, b) your anti-aliasing/v-sync is set to a certain level in the game and it is conflicting with the graphics software meaning you need to disable one, or c) you are somehow overheating your CPU/GPU with this game at medium settings and should consider reapplying thermal compound.

Also, if you have something like your wallpaper changing every 2 hours or so, that really seems to through Win7 for a loop ( doesn't matter what your specs are btw) it will hang for a split second as it changes the background.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#707 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Umm, checking my library looking at the bloated collection and apparently Valve gifted me Counter Strike: Global Offensive. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The guy responsible for that video is a comic book artist. No joke. That's why I go to him for all my science learning :lol:

logo.png

#708 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

May have spent the last 6 hours playing Sleeping Dogs. Definitely recommend it if you're on the fence.

May have spent the last 3 hours playing Revelations 2012. Definitely don't recommend if it you're on the fence.

steam_sig.png

#709 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

May have spent the last 3 hours playing Revelations 2012. Definitely don't recommend if it you're on the fence.

You are hardcore, man

logo.png

#710 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Did you get past the second world? I am DLing anew now.

#711 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

Good we have 3 right now and the 4th is an NPC who sucks.
Posted Image

#712 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

Yeah we are at the (maybe?) end bosses. Wind god or something. Then these invisible floating head with brains keep eating us.

steam_sig.png

#713 HuntingNoob

HuntingNoob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

GetGamesGo.com has an action sale
http://getgamesgo.co...ory/action-sale

Binary Domain, Just Cause 2 and AvP are Steam versions.

#714 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Yeah we are at the (maybe?) end bosses. Wind god or something. Then these invisible floating head with brains keep eating us.

Well I got past the first wind boss tornado thing. I got stuck at the stage that has the indiana jones style rolling rocks.

#715 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

I had only been able to loosely follow the OnLive Drama today. I just looked up their address. I used to work in that building! That's heart of old Sillycone Valley. WTF haven't any journo's been staking out that building to dig at the truth. It's not big, one underground garage entrance, one main entrance, one back entrance. All can be watched by standing on the sidewalk corner. Sheesh, lazy ass journos these days... (Fun Fact: Next door is the original location of WebTV, before M$ bought them (and pro-linux protests ensued), now MSN TV.

Of course the difference is that you can, ahem, crack the games because you have the actual files

Steam has been cracked though and through. If anyone is passionate about this, one can easily locate a major forum on this topic by using the #1 product of a company known for "Don't be evil."

that's implying that they will start taking away content after a while, otherwise I see no need to have such exact dates.

no backlog, no problem. right?

I can't keep track but what IS confirmed is there was a MASSIVE layoff (basically everyone) at Onlive... Shady business practice

This isn't that rare in the valley.

This further perpetuates the myth truth that gamers are inherently perverts.

Just because I had a tee-shirt pinned to my office wall from a somewhat known tentacle hentai film... (amusingly people liked it, without realizing it's true nature).

[url]"YATTA" by Happa-tai

And this is why the only Japanese bands (of boys) I follow are Visual Kei.

Poor girl doesn't even realize she is all alone on a island and will starve to death.

With those fat reserves on her chest, she'll survive some time.

Only one recommendation: lube, and lots of it.

#716 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

I've been thinking of doing this too. But, there are certain games that don't make it to PC that I'm not willing to give up (most notably Red Dead Redemption). If it wasn't for a few gems like that I'd be more than willing to ditch consoles all together. PC gaming is a better experience than console gaming. I've been introduced to a lot of different and cheaper games since I've started gaming on the PC. Plus, the whole collecting games thing is the true game of PC gaming.
Posted Image

#717 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Are you sure it isn't the beta? Because that would make more sense.

#718 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I've been thinking of doing this too. But, there are certain games that don't make it to PC that I'm not willing to give up (most notably Red Dead Redemption). If it wasn't for a few gems like that I'd be more than willing to ditch consoles all together. PC gaming is a better experience than console gaming. I've been introduced to a lot of different and cheaper games since I've started gaming on the PC. Plus, the whole collecting games thing is the true game of PC gaming.

I'm keeping my PS3 for the exclusives and Blu-Ray and whatnot, but I really have no use for 360 (Netflix? Free MS points with BING?) ever since I upgraded my PC. I'm in the process of replacing all my cross-platform games from 360 to PS3 and PC and haven't run into a 360 exclusive. I would prefer to have physical copies of all my games, but I can't argue with the benefits of switching to PC gaming.

Keep in mind this is a decision I've been mulling for a few months and have just now decided to roll with.

#719 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Steam has been cracked though and through. If anyone is passionate about this, one can easily locate a major forum on this topic by using the #1 product of a company known for "Don't be evil."

Wow, you weren't kidding! It's apparent after that little search and finding forum after forum dedicated to the subject, as well as seeing how easy it is to do (why the hell doesn't Valve just have an "authorized" game list per account cross referencing what's actually been paid for/redeemed on that account? Is it really just a matter of running a software patch on the client and then EVERY game shows up in your library like the youtube vids show?!?!)

I'm even more surprised at how if you do it right Steam games are dirt cheap, and yet still even paying $3 for a game is too much for some people. I suppose it's more of the thrill of getting away with it more than anything. But really, the vids just show a patch. No IP changers, nothing else. wtf Valve? It should be easy to track these people, or at the very least verify that content is supposed to go to that newly created account. I am alot more confident that even if Steam shut down, it wouldn't effect my ability to play the games I paid for. From what I've seen, once you have the game downloaded, you can (if you wanted to) do as you please. They aren't even letting the client call in, and most of them can be patched to not even look for Steam at all.

I'm just shocked at how easy it all seems to be. But I never believed Steam would patch out the DRM anyway (to be sure the contracts they signed with the publishers prevent that), but I thought that we might have to set up a false server for it to call into on a VPN to mimic the Steam server (remember at this point the real Steam is defunct) or something a bit more technical. Shocked that it's as easy as running a NO-CD patch on a CD-ROM game from 1990.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#720 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

Spoiler

Wow. Next time I'm in for High School Dreams.