Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7441 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

For me, I have given up on the idea of a backlog. I will refer things as my backlog but in reality it has become a gaming library for when I am in the mood for a certain type of game :lol:. My backlog is so big that I don't even have any way of tackling it without seriously spending a year non stop just playing day in and day out. Considering if I were to play 12 hours a day for one year, that's 4380 hours, and between all the Elder Scrolls, other RPG's, and Guild Wars 2, I could easily put about 1500+ maybe even close to 2000 hours to the list alone. That's also about only 50 or so games.

I cosign this too.

I mean I know there will be no way I'm ever going to get through every game. Some games I just won't like. The cost per game for me is so low though, it's just a library I build. Every now and then I'll try something out and on occasion I will love something. Funny enough, all my favorite games I've played so far I've attacked from the jump rather than let them sit in the backlog. That's the only time I'll spend more than say $5 or $10 for a game though, when I'll be playing it pretty soon.

I also agree Walking Dead only gets better and the very end of the episode with all possibilities just guarantees I'll probably be playing this game through multiple times.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7442 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

I know I should have jumped on the Walking Dead deal for $15. Hopefully it'll be that cheap (or cheaper) coming up soon.

#7443 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

It's been $15 literally a dozen times in the past few months.

I'm it'll happen again soon.

#7444 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

What games are people choosing from the current Build-A-Bundle on Groupees? I'll probably grab Velvet Assassin but I'm not sure what else.

#7445 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Anybody played through any of the Summerbatch games yet?

I started PISS, and I'm in the memory section. But I'm finding this bit of it rather boring.

I'll probably finish it, but how are the others in comparison?

#7446 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I'm really glad I played Vice City before starting GTA3 today. Vice is better in every way I can think, but the worst is the lack of Claude's voice, drab colors and style, and blech radio stations. Oh and no sinking in-game map!

#7447 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

What games are people choosing from the current Build-A-Bundle on Groupees? I'll probably grab Velvet Assassin but I'm not sure what else.

I already had VA from a daily deal, so I picked up the ones I didn't have and the ones that said they'd give Steam keys if Greenlit: Men of War, Fantasy Wars, Vitrum, Zombies, and Orczz.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7448 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

The game is pretty weak. Looks like an endless string of QTEs.

Oh, good, I see you've played it extensively. Can you give us a more thorough rundown of the mechanics?
Posted Image

#7449 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

I also threw on Midnight Club 2 from the Max Payne promo, and all I can say is this looks like an old console game. The read me says there are resolution settings but I can't find them.

Also, it literally starts hours after clicking its icon. When it doesn't launch I move on but when I alt tab out of another game much later MC2 kicks in. I can't figure it out

#7450 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Anybody played through any of the Summerbatch games yet?

I started PISS, and I'm in the memory section. But I'm finding this bit of it rather boring.

I'll probably finish it, but how are the others in comparison?

I played through all of them except for Jailbreak which is not an adventure game.
PISS is good in a weird sort of way but slow at times. Patchwork is cute, short,
and easy. Barely Floating is quite good, pretty funny at times, decent (sometimes
hard puzzles) and pretty long. I liked Nancy the Happy Whore best of all - really
funny, good puzzles, just the right length. These last two are the best of the
bunch.

#7451 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

I also threw on Midnight Club 2 from the Max Payne promo, and all I can say is this looks like an old console game. The read me says there are resolution settings but I can't find them.

Also, it literally starts hours after clicking its icon. When it doesn't launch I move on but when I alt tab out of another game much later MC2 kicks in. I can't figure it out

From what I recall the resolution settings are in the settings menu but you have to scroll down to see them. It's not very obvious.

#7452 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Oh, good, I see you've played it extensively. Can you give us a more thorough rundown of the mechanics?

Spoiler

Edited by Mooby, 13 November 2012 - 08:01 AM.
For the lulz.

#7453 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, the new Tomb Raider is a QTE fest from all the footage I've seen so far. Besides that, my only gripe is, she doesn't look like Lara in the face at all imo

#7454 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

soo, whats the verdict on Cargo Comandeer, yay or nay?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7455 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Death Rally is the same dumb minigame it was on Iphone. Play it for the free weekend and you'll realize that you have no need to ever buy this. And normally I'm a Remedy fanboy.

Disagree. Futzed around with it a bit over the free weekend, bought for $3.50 and it's become something of an addiction for me. Sure the gameplay is a bit shallow and the story borders on nonexistent but the upgrade system keeps me playing one more race. I don't regret this purchase at all.

Picked up Robin Hood, Fantasy Wars (because I'm too lazy to install from DVD plus I read that it has ugly on-disc DRM), and Al-Qasim. I already have Men of War from one of GMG's giveaways and I'm not one of those folks who has to have everything on Steam. Zombies just looks like something I would find irritating and Orczz doesn't look too great either.

As far as Velvet Assassin goes, well everything I've read has suggested that it's an offensive and/or frustrating experience, and I don't really have the time or energy to invest in buying terrible games on purpose (sorry, Revelations 2012). It's been on sale for <$2.00 before but even at a $.75 price point it doesn't seem worthwhile (which almost certainly indicates that I wouldn't play it even if it were free).

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7456 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Wadjet Eye, the makers of the Blackwell Trilogy, Resonance, and Gemini Rue, are being forced by Valve to use Greenlight to release their newest game, Primordia. It doesn't make sense why they need to go the indie route when they've got their own developer page on Steam, but the game looks decent. Everyone should vote for it. :D

Trailer:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7457 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I thought Lego LoTR was coming out today. I ordered the game from GMG (which says it can activate on Steam) but then come to find out, they don't have keys and Steam doesn't even have a page up... fishy.

EDIT: Ahah!

There has been a release delay for this title. All pre-purchase customers will receive their activation keys as soon as possible. GMG apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by jshackles, 13 November 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#7458 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Today's deal is Super Meat Boy at 80% off ($2.99)

Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles.
Genre: Indie, Platformer, Casual

Midweek Madness is Darksiders 2 at 66% off ($17)

Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation . . .
Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG

#7459 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Darksiders 2 is cheaper with the IGN discount and coupon on Gamersgate.

THQ must be hurting bad with the same sale everywhere this week.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7460 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Darksiders 2 is cheaper with the IGN discount and coupon on Gamersgate.

THQ must be hurting bad with the same sale everywhere this week.

They should offer a "We humbly ask you to help us offset the damage caused by the uDraw" bundle

#7461 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I can not recommend Darksiders 2 enough. It was my fav game this year, I highly enjoyed it. My first play through and doing almost all side quests and finding the vast majority of hidden items I put in 36 hours. I haven't started my new game + or done any of the new DLC dungeons yet.

#7462 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

I can not recommend Darksiders 2 enough. It was my fav game this year, I highly enjoyed it. My first play through and doing almost all side quests and finding the vast majority of hidden items I put in 36 hours. I haven't started my new game + or done any of the new DLC dungeons yet.

Ugh I want ds2 and I'm afraid ill wake up tomorrow and thq will be gone along with this game. I might have to pull the trigger. The sale across all these sites makes me worry.

#7463 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Ugh I want ds2 and I'm afraid ill wake up tomorrow and thq will be gone along with this game. I might have to pull the trigger. The sale across all these sites makes me worry.

If THQ goes under tomorrow it shouldn't impact the game you buy today. Valve may stop selling it, but you should still be able to download it any time. Just don't expect any more patches, updates, or DLC.

#7464 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

THQ would sell the IP or someone would just pick up Vigil as a studio. I want to plead to everyone who has an interest in Darksiders II to buy it, but it's too late I think to actually help. They've had their post-release investor call and a bunch of discounted sales simply won't save them. Now you should just buy it because it's a great game.
Posted Image

#7465 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Wadjet Eye, the makers of the Blackwell Trilogy, Resonance, and Gemini Rue, are being forced by Valve to use Greenlight to release their newest game, Primordia. It doesn't make sense why they need to go the indie route when they've got their own developer page on Steam, but the game looks decent. Everyone should vote for it. :D

Trailer:

Thanks for the heads up, I voted. You'd think Valve would be willing to give the game a quick look when they've already added so many of their games lately.

#7466 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

While I'm sure THQ is a goner I think they're probably safe for the next month or two -- imo, hold out to see if they get even more desperate a couple of weeks/a month from now during the big sales.

#7467 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

If THQ goes under tomorrow it shouldn't impact the game you buy today. Valve may stop selling it, but you should still be able to download it any time. Just don't expect any more patches, updates, or DLC.

Ooh yeah I know that. I just meant a far as buying it goes. To pull the trigger now or wait.....decisions decisions

#7468 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

These are the times that try CAG's souls. Be strong! Hold fast!

#7469 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Ooh yeah I know that. I just meant a far as buying it goes. To pull the trigger now or wait.....decisions decisions

Ah, gotcha. Then, as was said above, someone would buy the IP. It's still worth something.

The only reason to worry would be if a company that doesn't normally handle game stuff puts some money into THQ and then ends up owning it when they go under. It's happened before. An insurance company owns System Shock and hasn't done anything with it, which is why you can't buy it on sites like GOG. It's unlikely though, and if someone did put some money into it, that should extend their life into the next sale at least.

#7470 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I can not recommend Darksiders 2

Same here.