Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7471 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

These are the times that try CAG's souls. Be strong! Hold fast!

I'm listening to you mooby. I'm holding out. I

#7472 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Previously I was patiently waiting for Darksiders 2 GOTY. Now I'm tempted to pickup DarkSiders 2 on GG, in light of THQ financials. One point people aren't discussing is that the season pass might be a bad deal due to the future uncertainties of THQ. Is the season pass worth it for what is currently shipped?

#7473 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm listening to you mooby. I'm holding out. I

So am I. If something happens and this is the lowest Darksiders 2 will go, we can all blame Mooby ;)

#7474 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Solidarity, bros!

#7475 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Same here.

Don't take take part of my sentence and make it have the opposite meaning. If you have beef with the game make your own post instead of making making it look like I don't like it.

#7476 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

This may or may not be the lowest Darksiders 2 goes, but I'd be more worried about actually being able to get the game in future due to THQ's financial problems and who knows what issues may arise when another publisher picks up rights to their games.

#7477 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I can not recommend Darksiders 2 enough. It was my fav game this year, I highly enjoyed it. My first play through and doing almost all side quests and finding the vast majority of hidden items I put in 36 hours. I haven't started my new game + or done any of the new DLC dungeons yet.

Agreed.

Although I have not finished my first run through yet it is an amazing game. It has all of the qualities I look for in any sort of action adventure game. The exploration is great, the loot system is fun, the combat is tight and responsive, the RPG elements are woven in nicely, the dungeons are terrifically done and the story is very interesting and keeps you hooked.

#7478 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Come on Darksiders II for $12.00

#7479 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Come on Darksiders II for $12.00

You can get it for about $13 if you have an IGN prime discount and use the G2PO code on GamersGate.. pretty close to $12..

EDIT: Corrected typo for coupon code

Edited by spoderman, 13 November 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#7480 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

I think the real question regarding THQ is, when are we ever going to get a sale on Nexuiz?! That game hasn't seen a sale since launch, and it's so good...
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7481 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

You can get it for about $13 if you have an IGN prime discount and use the GP2O code on GamersGate.. pretty close to $12..

Thanks. I should look into IGN Prime. Is it worth it?

#7482 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Not sure if IGN Prime is worth it, most of us got the IGN discount code back when IGN had free trials. Your best bet is asking someone to purchase Darksiders 2 for you with the discount, I could do it for you if you want. PM me if you're interested.

#7483 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

If you buy one month of IGN Prime, you get a "forever" 15% discount on GG. It pays for itself once you buy $46 of games on GG. The extra 15% (+5% or more in blue coins) helps sweeten a lot of deals, like the DS2 deal.

Answers to many questions are in the second post of the CAG-GG thread.

#7484 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

If you buy one month of IGN Prime, you get a "forever" 15% discount on GG. It pays for itself once you buy $46 of games on GG. The extra 15% (+5% or more in blue coins) helps sweeten a lot of deals, like the DS2 deal.

Answers to many questions are in the second post of the CAG-GG thread.

Yeah, I just want to agree with asheskitty here. If you think you'd buy a few more things off of Gamersgate it's better in the long run to do a one month IGN prime membership. They also used to have a free game of the month with IGN Prime (not sure if they did away with that). So you might be able to get a free game out of it.

57j.gif

#7485 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

I think the real question regarding THQ is, when are we ever going to get a sale on Nexuiz?! That game hasn't seen a sale since launch, and it's so good...

What? It's been on sale more than once.

http://www.steampric...pp/96800/nexuiz
Posted Image

#7486 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

So am I. If something happens and this is the lowest Darksiders 2 will go, we can all blame Mooby ;)

Oh I already planned on that one.

#7487 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Whether or not it will go lower, this is an awesome price for an awesome game <referring to Darksiders 2.> If I had the means to get it I would for damn sure. If you are on the fence about it, get the hell of the fence and buy it already. There is a fine line between being a Cheap ass and a dumb ass. This is the line.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#7488 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

For people thinking about getting a month of prime just for the GG promo code, is there somewhere that keeps track of what the current free game of the month is?

If you subscribe at the right time, can you get two games? If so, when is the "right time"?

#7489 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

There is no "right time". They are never released on any set schedule and even the previous month was at nearly the tail end of the month and only had a 2 week window to claim.

76561198014930049.png

#7490 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Whether or not it will go lower, this is an awesome price for an awesome game <referring to Darksiders 2.> If I had the means to get it I would for damn sure. If you are on the fence about it, get the hell of the fence and buy it already. There is a fine line between being a Cheap ass and a dumb ass. This is the line.

If I had the means to play it I might, but by the time I'm not on this 7900GS (RMA'd 460GTX) it'll be the fall sale or later.

I don't want to poke the hornet's nest and start a whole topic on Origin, but I think they might have the record for late replies to customer service for me. Took them a whole month to get back to me with a canned response.

#7491 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

It went on sale multiple times o.o. I even picked it up on the last sales, because the Raptr coupons stacked with the sale price.

Picked up a 4 pack for 3.74$
:D

#7492 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

There's a CAG in the Steam Gift thread selling Darksiders II keys for $10.

#7493 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don't want to poke the hornet's nest and start a whole topic on Origin, but I think they might have the record for late replies to customer service for me. Took them a whole month to get back to me with a canned response.

[RANT]
I contacted Origin to delete my account (as that was the only way of "updating" my wrong date of birth according to them) on Sep 12. Never had gotten a sensible response from them until Sep 25. In the meantime, my account was conveniently hacked. I was able to login with my linked PSN account and saw that everything had been changed. What kind of security allows to update all important account information (name, email, password) without ever requesting email confirmation? Anyway, there were a few pointless back and forth emails where I've been told that a security team will contact me which they never did, so I eventually gave them a call a week or so later. The phone conversation went surprisingly well and I've been told by a so called security team member that he'll contact me in a week after his "investigation". It is now Nov 13th and I haven't heard anything despite me sending them a couple more emails.

I'm not telling the whole story and even though mine might be a rare case, that's is honestly the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I've simply decided not to buy anything from EA on PC again unless it's available with a discount on Steam. Not that I can, because my account is still hacked...

Over the recent years I've seen this publisher screw up such franchises as Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I can't even remember the last time a Need for Speed game was any good, I don't even need to comment on Sims, and there's not much left other then a bunch of shooty blasty shooters and some yearly rehashed sports titles and even those are mostly released on consoles.
[/RANT]

#7494 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Torchlight 2 sale plz

#7495 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I can vouch for them working without any issues for me

#7496 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

What? It's been on sale more than once.

http://www.steampric...pp/96800/nexuiz

It went on sale multiple times o.o. I even picked it up on the last sales, because the Raptr coupons stacked with the sale price.

Picked up a 4 pack for 3.74$
:D

On ebay for like $9 you can find codes that are for Deus Ex: HR, Dirt Showdown and Nexuiz. $$
http://www.ebay.com/...=item46097394ee

I got one a while back for like $7.50

Posted Image

MARS

#7497 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

On ebay for like $9 you can find codes that are for Deus Ex: HR, Dirt Showdown and Nexuiz.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item46097394ee

I got one a while back for like $7.50

#7498 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Decided to bite on Darksiders 2 on GG with the combined IGN and G2PO discounts. It's a bit higher than I'll usually pay for something I won't play immediately, but I decided not to risk the THQ fallout.

#7499 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

I'm surprised at how many people that didn't realize it was a joke..

#7500 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Yeah I posted about that earlier. Wanted some thoughts on Darksiders

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4