Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7501 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'm surprised at how many people that didn't realize it was a joke..

I'm not. The comment being a joke implies that it was some sort of horrible game that no one would want, which is a strange thing to expect to be widely accepted, since the game is average at worst.

#7502 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Nexuiz is terrible.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7503 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'm not. The comment being a joke implies that it was some sort of horrible game that no one would want, which is a strange thing to expect to be widely accepted, since the game is average at worst.

Nexuiz is an awful game, but the joke was that it never goes on sale. :booty:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7504 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter can be yours for $1 on https://indiegamestand.com/ Steam key, obviously.

#7505 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7506 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Darksiders 2 didnt really do it for me and I spen 60 on it when it first came out back in August. Its ok but i guess for like 10 bucks then sure get it, its pretty fun but not too engaging. I highly recommend Hotline Miami and Thomas Was Alone.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7507 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

I highly recommend Hotline Miami and Thomas Was Alone.

Hotline Miami was awesome.
And so is its soundtrack.

#7508 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Decided to bite on Darksiders 2 on GG with the combined IGN and G2PO discounts. It's a bit higher than I'll usually pay for something I won't play immediately, but I decided not to risk the THQ fallout.

Yeah, so did I, earlier. I figured it was cheap enough and who knows exactly what will happen.

#7509 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

So is this pre order DLC that comes with Gamersgate version of Darksiders II worth it? Versus paying say $5 down the line for the regular version? Is it available to purchase outside of this?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7510 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

So is this pre order DLC that comes with Gamersgate version of Darksiders II worth it? Versus paying say $5 down the line for the regular version? Is it available to purchase outside of this?

I and others in the GG thread have the same experience:

I just redeemed my GG DS2 key (just the base DS2 key). Steam reports: "Darksiders 2 - Preorder Retail" and my right-click DLC-tab indicates Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, & Skeletal Axe of Rending.

#7511 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Tired of angry birds? Try...
Angry Syrians
... There's a great photoset over here.
Posted Image

#7512 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Decided to bite on Darksiders 2 on GG with the combined IGN and G2PO discounts. It's a bit higher than I'll usually pay for something I won't play immediately, but I decided not to risk the THQ fallout.

What THQ fallout are you referring to?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#7513 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

What THQ fallout are you referring to?

The one where they defaulted on their $50 million loan over the weekend.

elessar123.png

#7514 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

They went to the Curt Schilling school of video game company management.

#7515 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

They went to the Curt Schilling school of video game company management.

Na, at least then they would have a state invested in them. THQ is showing how pouring a lot of resources into a single project and that project tanks it takes the whole company down. Damn you uDraw.

#7516 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

THQ's been around for over 3 decades, and released more than one game. And probably did not pay $1.5 million (with provisions for $5 million more in royalty) for the story to one game. So no, not at all like Curt Schilling.

elessar123.png

#7517 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

I'm really glad I played Vice City before starting GTA3 today. Vice is better in every way I can think, but the worst is the lack of Claude's voice, drab colors and style, and blech radio stations. Oh and no sinking in-game map!

Funny, because my reaction was the opposite. I loved GTA3, but I just could not will myself to keep playing VC. I thought it was uglier and just wanted Tommy to shut up already. It felt like all he did was complain, but never to anyone's face, just so I alone could hear him. The most fun I had with it was spotting the references to the future events of GTA3.

#7518 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Valve is trolling everyone with the Darksiders 2 sale right before Black Friday and a month or so away from the Winter Sale. Don't do it!

76561197971332172.png

#7519 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Funny, because my reaction was the opposite. I loved GTA3, but I just could not will myself to keep playing VC. I thought it was uglier and just wanted Tommy to shut up already. It felt like all he did was complain, but never to anyone's face, just so I alone could hear him. The most fun I had with it was spotting the references to the future events of GTA3.

Posted Image
I loved Tommy, freakin' Ray Liotta, man! It was easy to root for him as a psychotic killer screwed over by his mob family. With Claude, I have nothing to root for being just a thug errand boy who does what he's told and gives others nothing to play off of.

I haven't got to it yet, but I hear the gun-runner is back and one armed. That's hilarious!

#7520 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Posted Image
I loved Tommy, freakin' Ray Liotta, man! It was easy to root for him as a psychotic killer screwed over by his mob family. With Claude, I have nothing to root for being just a thug errand boy who does what he's told and gives others nothing to play off of.

I haven't got to it yet, but I hear the gun-runner is back and one armed. That's hilarious!

All Hail The Queen!!!!!!!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#7521 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

I'm going to put a series of 1 sentence reviews for games from my backlog below.

Trauma - Visual art project that's worth a look if it's already in your library but doesn't thematically hit home.

MacGuffin's Curse - Clever (as in funny writing), cool block pushing game that's extremely easy to "s rank" if you care about Steam achievements.

Wizorb - As interesting as breakout gets - Hard, but you can brute force your way through it due to the inventory/lives elements.

Nikopol:secrets of the Immortals - Really pretty with a really cool fiction, though the actual puzzle elements are subpar.

Post-Mortem - Aged poorly and kind of broken, but it has a lot of cool ideas, its puzzles are mostly logical, and some of the voice acting really cracks me up, so basically I'm saying it's a really earnest game that I would highly recommend even though it's sort of a mess.

Kane and Lynch 2 - Totally worth playing for Co-Op - extremely short and kind of funny if you like looking at grizzled men's asses.

Breath of Death VII - It's what you think it is but it has this really cool random battle system where if you want to you can kill everything in an area and stop worrying about random battles so this is a thing that is stretching my one sentence limit even though earlier once or twice I cheated with dashes but you should probably check this out if you like old school RPGs and it isn't as tedious as you would think.

FEAR 2 - Doesn't quite have the flair and AI of FEAR, but is a strong showing and the mech stuff is a lot of fun.

FEAR 3 - This game is a mess and seemed overly long, and I think it's only 5 to 6 hours - just skip it.

Analogue: A Hate Story - This game is incredible. I'm not going to do this in one sentence because I find that offensive to this game. I came into it expecting something kind of skeezy, being a visual novel in the anime style. It's not only not a gross game, it's an extremely powerful piece of art railing against violence against women. It isn't a long game, and the endings are a little dumb, but its main goal is a sharp critique against classical Korean feudalism and its impact on women, and I think it's totally worth experiencing. I really can't recommend this enough, and rest assured, if you were like me and thought it was going to be an embarrassing mess, it's a mature (not mature as in sexual, mature as in well-written with serious themes) piece of art that is worth experiencing.

Edited by Eldredpe, 14 November 2012 - 09:14 AM.
If anyone is keeping track, I've been ninja-editing my its and it's for a few minutes

#7522 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'll have to disagree on FEAR3. I loved it.

#7523 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Same here, GTA3 is the only GTA I like (also one of my favorite games ever) and the only other one I ever finished was VC and it was torturous.

#7524 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'll have to disagree on FEAR3. I loved it.

Fair enough, I might have taken it in too fast after FEAR2, which I think is superior, and I think FPS games are hard to take in quick succession.

I know you agree with me on Analogue, though. I almost added that it had your seal of approval on the end of my quick review.

#7525 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Analogue: A Hate Story - This game is incredible. I'm not going to do this in one sentence because I find that offensive to this game. I came into it expecting something kind of skeezy, being a visual novel in the anime style. It's not only not a gross game, it's an extremely powerful piece of art railing against violence against women.

Damn it, that's not what I want! That's not what I want at all!

#7526 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Walking Dead is easily a GOTY contender for me right now. I got through most of episode 2 last night and wow. Telltale does a hell of a job with the character development that even the small choices turn out to be big hard ones that you need to make in a split second.

Next to Sam and Max, this is hands down Telltale's best work.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7527 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Analogue: A Hate Story - This game is incredible. I'm not going to do this in one sentence because I find that offensive to this game. I came into it expecting something kind of skeezy, being a visual novel in the anime style. It's not only not a gross game, it's an extremely powerful piece of art railing against violence against women. It isn't a long game, and the endings are a little dumb, but its main goal is a sharp critique against classical Korean feudalism and its impact on women, and I think it's totally worth experiencing. I really can't recommend this enough, and rest assured, if you were like me and thought it was going to be an embarrassing mess, it's a mature (not mature as in sexual, mature as in well-written with serious themes) piece of art that is worth experiencing.

I also enjoyed Analogue much more than I expected. There were some elements where I just rolled my eyes, but overall I am happy with the hours I spent on this game (more than I can say for a lot of other games).

Honestly, I may have misjudged the visual novel genre. I know this is a bit off-topic since I'm posting in a PC thread, but I just finished 999 and Virtue's Last Reward for the DS and 3DS respectively this past week... oh my gosh, I completely loved these games. As a matter of fact, even though I play the majority of games on PC, I'd have to say these 2 are in my top 3 this year along with Walking Dead. I can't recall the last time games have gripped my attention so much, both while I'm playing and when I'm away. If you have a DS or 3DS, please give these games a chance! (along with Ghost Trick!)
Posted Image

#7528 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Is Darksiders 2 significantly improved over DS 1? I played maybe 5 hours of the first one and ended up getting bored with it. It just felt too repetitive and easy but then the boss fights were a huge step in difficulty.

fs_overall.png

#7529 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

MacGuffin's Curse - Clever (as in funny writing), cool block pushing game that's extremely easy to "s rank" if you care about Steam achievements.

I'm playing this now and I love it - a great little game. Not sure if this is was you meant,
but although the earlier rooms are easy, some of the later ones (esp. in the mansion)
are quite tough to figure out (there's one $*&!ing room that took me almost two days to
figure out with almost 40 moves that have to happen in the right sequence).

Wizorb - As interesting as breakout gets - Hard, but you can brute force your way through it due to the inventory/lives elements.

Really liked this one as well (I think I own it three times by now) but it was way too short.

Nikopol:secrets of the Immortals - Really pretty with a really cool fiction, though the actual puzzle elements are subpar.

Agree, great to look at and the backstory is good, but the actual adventuring was just
frustrating - near the end, I was just wishing for it to be over.

Breath of Death VII - It's what you think it is but it has probably check this out if you like old school RPGs and it isn't as tedious as you would think.

I played its younger brother, Cthulhu Saves the World, and although the one-liners and
self-referential comments were pretty funny, I finally got bored with the endless JRPG
battles (and it gets tough later on).

Analogue: A Hate Story has been on my "shortlog" for a while, but I think it just moved
to the front of the queue - thanks for putting these one-liner reviews out there!

#7530 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Daily Deal - Nightsky - $2.49

They added another midweek madness:

Star Trek Online - $9.99 for Starter Pack (Regular $24.99)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/