Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7561 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Just noticed in the GMG thread that the following Steam games are on sale.

25% off voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North $3.75 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Jet Set Radio $3.75 (Steamworks) with above voucher code

Can anyone recommend either? I've been waiting for a good price on Jet Set Radio but haven't heard much on the HD remake. Also, LotR: War in the North looks fairly decent.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7562 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Can anyone recommend either? I've been waiting for a good price on Jet Set Radio but haven't heard much on the HD remake. Also, LotR: War in the North looks fairly decent.

Yes, LotR:WitN is well worth the asking price. It's a decently fun action-RPG (emphasis on action with some leveling/equipment). If you're a LotR fan then even better.

76561197971332172.png

#7563 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North $3.75 (Steamworks) with above voucher code

You might want to wait on War in the North until next week.
http://www.cheapassg...00#post10128500
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#7564 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Never played Jet Set Radio, (did play Jet Set Radio Future) but everything I heard about the game was that it was really good, so I am gambling on it being true as I just bought it.

#7565 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Not a deal but this slipped by me. Shank 1 (!) was updated to include right stick dodging, separate button for booze pickups, and other tweaks. They also changed some of the cutscenes to really pare the thing down. The entire final battle exchange and finale are different radically.

If you've played Mark of the Ninja you probably noticed the cutscenes in that game are almost engineered to say as much as possible in as few words as possible. They do not at all waste your time. I'll need to play Shank 1 again completely to figure out all the changes but I think they looked back on some of the excesses of that game and thought it needed a similar style. I don't know if it is a good or bad idea but I am up for an excuse to play it again.

#7566 breakingadam

breakingadam

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I can recommend War in the North. It's a pretty basic hack n' slash RPG, but if you are a LOTR fan it's pretty cool to see what they did with the story. Although you don't play as any of the main characters in the LOTR, It takes place the same exact time as the movie/books. You show up to places in the story (and meet up with characters) before/after the characters in the LOTR do. Played through it once on single player, and once Co-op. For $3.75, I'd definitely say pick it up.

#7567 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Playing through WitN right now with my roommate and it's surprised me so far, in a good way. Decent loot system (though comparing loot is pretty badly done), combat is mostly basic but has good feedback, and the voice acting isn't too bad - especially important when Gandalf sounds weird :] For that price I'd say it's totally worth it.
Posted Image

#7568 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Not a deal but this slipped by me. Shank 1 (!) was updated to include right stick dodging, separate button for booze pickups, and other tweaks. They also changed some of the cutscenes to really pare the thing down. The entire final battle exchange and finale are different radically.

If you've played Mark of the Ninja you probably noticed the cutscenes in that game are almost engineered to say as much as possible in as few words as possible. They do not at all waste your time. I'll need to play Shank 1 again completely to figure out all the changes but I think they looked back on some of the excesses of that game and thought it needed a similar style. I don't know if it is a good or bad idea but I am up for an excuse to play it again.

Thanks for the heads up, will go back and play it some time based on this.

Hmm, I haven't seen a patch for this game lately so I looked under properties and it was set to "do not check for updates". I kept changing that setting and it kept reverting to "do not" so I ran verify integrity and it's converting the game to the new Steam format. I don't think I've seen that happen from verifying integrity before. Guess it's redownloading a chunk of it now.

#7569 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Today's deal is Sol Survivor at 75% off ($2.49 or $7.49 4-pack)

Weekend Deals:

Awesomenauts 50% off ($4.99) and free weekend.

Tropico 4 75% off game ($7.49) and old DLC ($1.24-$4.99) and 25% off new DLC ($3.74)

#7570 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Did anyone else get a random copy of Starvoid in their inventory?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#7571 Muitabui

Muitabui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I think it's from the beta keys that we got in the past.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7572 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, no idea why

#7573 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, no idea why

I got it too.

I've got it from Alienware arena promo. They gave away some beta keys, which apparently turned into retail one. As it's only multiplayer game I think it's the way to gather some more playerbase.

btw. 5th episode of the Walking Dead will be released next wednesday.

#7574 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

So if anyone is interested in Epic Mickey 2, Amazon is selling the PC version as a preorder for $30. I have no clue what type of DRM it has but it's half off the PS3/360/Wii-U versions. I decided to take the plunge.

Epic Mickey 2
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7575 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

So if anyone is interested in Epic Mickey 2, Amazon is selling the PC version as a preorder for $30. I have no clue what type of DRM it has but it's half off the PS3/360/Wii-U versions. I decided to take the plunge.

Epic Mickey 2

Probably won't be on Steam since nothing from Disney is on there yet.

#7576 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I never get anything random in my inventory. D:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7577 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Probably won't be on Steam since nothing from Disney is on there yet.

One can hope, unless they want to make it DRM free. I will also like that too.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7578 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

The game is dead/dying. Seems like a giveaway to rejuvenate the player base.

I got the game for free as it is.

76561198014930049.png

#7579 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Where are all these Sword and Soldiers keys coming from on Steamgifts?

#7580 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Humble Bundle for Android 4 bonus

#7581 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Wasn't it just released as a bonus to Humbdroid Bundle?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#7582 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hm. Jet Set Radio is tempting at that price, though if I wanted to play it, my Dreamcast is connected to my TV right now. Any reason I should play the Steam version rather than the original? I don't even have an HD monitor yet, though I suppose I could output to my TV.

Also, I did get a copy of Starvoid in my inventory as well.

#7583 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hm. Jet Set Radio is tempting at that price, though if I wanted to play it, my Dreamcast is connected to my TV right now. Any reason I should play the Steam version rather than the original? I don't even have an HD monitor yet, though I suppose I could output to my TV.

Also, I did get a copy of Starvoid in my inventory as well.

What res is your monitor? HD is simply a marketing gimmick term, monitors have been "HD" long before tvs where. I still remember back in 98 gaming at 1600x1200

#7584 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Humble Bundle for Android 4 bonus

That explains it, didn't know that was the bonus, was able to claim my key :D

#7585 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I got it too.

I've got it from Alienware arena promo. They gave away some beta keys, which apparently turned into retail one. As it's only multiplayer game I think it's the way to gather some more playerbase.

btw. 5th episode of the Walking Dead will be released next wednesday.

Darn I wish that I had been able to grab a beta key for starvoid now. I would have liked to give the game a shot as it looks interesting. If anyone has a extra copy and does not want it if you send it my way I would greatly appreciate it.

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested

#7586 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned. But Greenmangaming Crusader Kings II and it's dlc on sale for cheap. They also have the newly released dlc for $2 cheaper than what steams offering. This is ofc ourse before the promo code. A good deal if your looking to pick of some dlc or just grab the lot.

#7587 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Nothing to see here folks.
Cogs G3H3T-XXHI-RI684
Redeemed

Edited by walkonshadows, 15 November 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7588 striderz

striderz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thanks!!

Nothing to see here folks.
Cogs G3H3T-XXHI-RI684

#7589 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Epic Mickey 2

Didn't even know there was going to be a PC version.

#7590 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Eufloria: K6KW5-2RXHL-AMAHH
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP: VCXD3-8B7GI-VK8HW
Crayon Physics Deluxe: L4LA2-MJ2GA-3PMBE
Avadon: The Black Fortress: G7QEE-9N7WM-A5Y78
Cogs: DE0HE-QCDP9-WEPG4
Swords & Soldiers HD: QGKDY-D6WEA-C90IV
Zen Bound 2: TDR99-DWRY3-07HMV