Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7831 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

I kinda liked Sin Episodes. It isn't until you get FEAR Perseus Mandate that they finally just give you a survival mode. Sin Episodes comes with one out of the box.

That said, it's not spectacular but it's a fun ride.

Note, I also recommend Bodycount and Inversion and Binary Domain for similar quality shooters
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7832 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

For as much as I was hoping to get a Trine 2 coupon to work, I should probably remind myself that I never bothered to finish Trine 1. Holiday achievement, next in line, never looked back.

I was actually the same way.. lol. But Trine 2 is a bit different, it has online co-op. I bought it during the Steam summer sale and played through it with Severose. It's worth it for the co-op alone. This was a few months AFTER I played through the PS3 version (got it free from PS+) with a friend.

So keep in mind, I'm the type of person that almost never buys indie games when they're not in bundles. Trine 2 is worth adding to the exception list. It may not be in a bundle until next year.

#7833 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

do i have to DL the gamefly client to see the steam code ala impulse??

i'm loving all these new digital retailers competing with each other on these huge scale seasonal deals btw, amazon tony changed the game these last 2 years.

Hand__Of__God.png

#7834 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I was actually the same way.. lol. But Trine 2 is a bit different, it has online co-op. I bought it during the Steam summer sale and played through it with Severose. It's worth it for the co-op alone. This was a few months AFTER I played through the PS3 version (got it free from PS+) with a friend.

So keep in mind, I'm the type of person that almost never buys indie games when they're not in bundles. Trine 2 is worth adding to the exception list. It may not be in a bundle until next year.

Good thing next year is only a few months away.

#7835 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

can't believe skyrim is still going for 25.99 at the cheapest

i paid that (give or take) for BL2 before it even came out

Unless you were lucky enough to score a TRU $10 copy or a Best Buy price-match. I was happy with that price, even when I know I won't play it for years, because even the price of Morrowind is still stubbornly high.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#7836 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

i'm loving all these new digital retailers competing with each other on these huge scale seasonal deals btw, amazon tony changed the game these last 2 years.

Nope. You just get your steam key through the webpage, like the Gods intended. I've bought a fair number of steam and non steam games from them. GameStop/Impulse is the only one that requires a client to get your steam keys.

#7837 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by vince_carter

Nope. You just get your steam key through the webpage, like the Gods intended. I've bought a fair number of steam and non steam games from them. GameStop/Impulse is the only one that requires a client to get your steam keys.

I was about to ask this, thanks.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7838 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Oh yeah, I should note that if you had a Direct2Drive account it should work on Gamefly. Gamefly mostly took over the D2D assets. My Gamefly account dates back to D2D. You can still download most games you bought on D2D from Gamefly.

#7839 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Is Doom 3: BFG good to get yet? I had heard Doom 3 vanilla was better.

#7840 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Is Doom 3: BFG good to get yet? I had heard Doom 3 vanilla was better.

I'm psyched Doom 3 is back on the store at a lower price. I hope to pick it up cheap for The Dark Mod.

#7841 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Have there been complaints about Doom 3: BFG? I confess, I haven't really paid much attention to it. I know that people were pissed that the original game was temporarily removed from the store. But that's a separate issue entirely.

#7842 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Have there been complaints about Doom 3: BFG? I confess, I haven't really paid much attention to it. I know that people were pissed that the original game was removed from the store. But that's a separate issue entirely.

You can't use the Doom 3 vanilla mods with it and there's no option to have the original configuration of flashlight separate from gun (the flashlight is always attached to the gun in BFG).

#7843 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

You can't use the Doom 3 vanilla mods with it and there's no option to have the original configuration of flashlight separate from gun (the flashlight is always attached to the gun in BFG).

Oh I see.

Well I first played through Doom 3 on the Xbox. Being a console version, it was obviously impossible to mod the game so that I could have the flashlight on the gun. I recall wishing that I could do it somehow, but there was no way to do it on the console. And at the time, my computer wasn't nearly powerful enough to play Doom 3, so I was stuck playing on the Xbox.

For me, playing with the flashlight on the gun is the preferred way to go. But even if I'm never gonna miss the ability to play it the original way, it does kinda suck that there isn't even the option for those who somehow enjoy not seeing where they're going/shooting. Not being able to use any of the other older mods seems to be the bigger loss to me though.

#7844 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Have there been complaints about Doom 3: BFG? I confess, I haven't really paid much attention to it. I know that people were pissed that the original game was temporarily removed from the store. But that's a separate issue entirely.

I've heard that it looks worse than Doom 3 vanilla and that the new content sucks.

#7845 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I've heard that it looks worse than Doom 3 vanilla and that the new content sucks.

i played doom 3 bfg on ps3 and yea just stick to doom3 on steam if u have it. The new lost mission thing is only 2hrs of just killing stuff and its not fun at all. ID fuked it up, just nothing to see here, move along...
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7846 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Didn't the Mass Effect Trilogy come out just a few weeks ago? With that 20% code it'll go down to just 24 bucks on Gamefly. Nice deal for anyone who hasn't played the games.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#7847 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

I know some of you have been waiting for a Torchlight 2 sale...

GG has Torchlight 2 on sale for $15, before IGN and G2PO (5% code). And the 4-pack is $45. (Less than $10 per)

#7848 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Having completed Sleeping Dogs and the DLC, I can say that really none of the DLC is worth it. Nightmare in North Point is ALMOST cute in the Chinese death mythos but it never gets B-movie good like it wants to be. Plus, the missions are rather lame. Just the same stuff from SD but now with less of the good pacing and variety to back it up.

The only DLC I think might be worth it would be the cop missions DLC, but even then those are short shootouts, chases, and hostage situation sniping fests. Literally nothing else is worth your time. Not even in the kitsch SR3 sense. The game is pretty full featured as is.

#7849 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'd wait on that Torchlight sale. The developers have said it'll be half off during the Steam Thanksgiving sale.

#7850 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'd wait on that Torchlight sale. The developers have said it'll be half off during the Steam Thanksgiving sale.

Did they say half off or just that it would be on sale? I looks like everyone else that carries it are selling it at 25% off for the holiday sales.

#7851 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Their news post, I could've sworn said half off but I guess it doesn't. Oh well. Either way, might not be a bad idea to wait, unless you have the IGN promo at Gamersgate.

#7852 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Ah, SiN Episodes. This was my first Steam game many years ago. It's pretty fun while it lasts, a relic of the era of female characters with gratuitously-enormous busts in games (oh, wait, that isn't over yet). In any case, yes it's worth $2.50 with the caveat that there will never be an Episode 2 or 3, so if you're a fan of cliffhanger endings, grab it. Ritual went out of business before any follow-up to Emergence was completed. This is also why the folks thinking this will appear in a bundle are probably wrong.
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7853 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I scrolled back TEN PAGES of this thread to see if there was any chatter about Awesomenauts, but there isn't. Harumph.

I've been away all weekend so I've missed the "free play" bit, what are people's impressions of it?

#7854 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I scrolled back TEN PAGES of this thread to see if there was any chatter about Awesomenauts, but there isn't. Harumph.

I've been away all weekend so I've missed the "free play" bit, what are people's impressions of it?

I had fun with it -- basically a side scrolling/platforming MOBA. I will say the community didn't seem that large and the balance is such that you can be dumped into a game with totally inexperienced players matched against a pre-made team/a lot more experienced players and get rolled.

Eventually I'll pick it up but will probably wait for 75% off and/or a possible appearance in an indie bundle (Swords and Soldiers was in two -- same developer).

#7855 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm waiting to see if GamersGate makes Torchlight II a daily deal this week during its sale. Nothing to lose since I can always get it for the "regular" sale price if I really want although 25% off isn't all that tempting even with the other stacked IGN/G2PO/BlueCoin discounts. If it hits 50% + Misc Discounts though, I'll be all over it.

#7856 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

New Indie royal bundle is live

the Stuffing Bundle

The Dream Machine: Chapters 1-3 - for: steam & desura
Puzzle Agent 2 - for: steam & desura
Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition - for: steam & desura (+ OST!)
Anomaly: Warzone Earth - for: steam & desura
Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery - for: windows, desura (+ MIDI OST!)

#7857 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I know some of you have been waiting for a Torchlight 2 sale...

GG has Torchlight 2 on sale for $15, before IGN and G2PO (5% code). And the 4-pack is $45. (Less than $10 per)

yeah it will be on sale during the steam thanksgiving sale, the developers made an announcement a couple of days ago no price mentioned but there is a good chance for a 50% off sale

AnQAzfm.png

#7858 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

New Indie royal bundle is live

the Stuffing Bundle

The Dream Machine: Chapters 1-3 - for: steam & desura
Puzzle Agent 2 - for: steam & desura
Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition - for: steam & desura (+ OST!)
Anomaly: Warzone Earth - for: steam & desura
Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery - for: windows, desura (+ MIDI OST!)

After the burning disappointment that was Anna, I was craving for a good adventure with a subtle dreamlike taste, and it appears that The Dream Machine could be easily my cup of tea!

It also reminds me of another old clay-animated adventure, The Dark Eye, inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe, although that one was far more dark and grim...

Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#7859 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Oh yeah, I should note that if you had a Direct2Drive account it should work on Gamefly. Gamefly mostly took over the D2D assets. My Gamefly account dates back to D2D. You can still download most games you bought on D2D from Gamefly.

If you're lucky, you mean. I'm still waiting on Gamefly to provide downloads for quite a few of my D2D purchases.
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7860 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

After the burning disappointment that was Anna, I was craving for a good adventure with a subtle dreamlike taste, and it appears that The Dream Machine could be easily my cup of tea!

I recommend it. I had a good time, although I found a bit of frustration in one of the chapters. My girlfriend, who plays about 1.5 games per year, and I played it together and she really got really sucked in, which is rare. The only bummer is that the episodes get released pretty far apart. As far as I know it's just the two guys and the animation style doesn't make for quick work.