Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7861 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

If you're lucky, you mean. I'm still waiting on Gamefly to provide downloads for quite a few of my D2D purchases.

Have you checked your Gamefly client recently? All my D2D purchases are now available for
download through the client except two (Time Gentlemen, Please! & Ben There, Dan That!)
which are available for download directly from the Gamefly website under D2D Downloads
in my Purchase History.

#7862 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

OT (well, maybe not, this is the steam thread): Why hasn't anyone mentioned that @goatse.cx email addresses will be available soon?

If you're lucky, you mean. I'm still waiting on Gamefly to provide downloads for quite a few of my D2D purchases.

Sorry to hear! They had all few of mine, though I made backups before D2D went bust. The general consensus I got from SD back when was that most titles were available.

#7863 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Daily Deal

I Am Alive $8.99 40% off

#7864 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I recommend it. I had a good time, although I found a bit of frustration in one of the chapters. My girlfriend, who plays about 1.5 games per year, and I played it together and she really got really sucked in, which is rare. The only bummer is that the episodes get released pretty far apart. As far as I know it's just the two guys and the animation style doesn't make for quick work.

Thank you for your 2 cents, I've happily snatched the bundle :)
I don't mind waiting a little if the title is as charming as it seems... plus, I've gladly triple-dipped Anomaly, which I think is a really cool concept for a strategy game that I wish was explored some more! 8-)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#7865 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

OT (well, maybe not, this is the steam thread): Why hasn't anyone mentioned that @goatse.cx email addresses will be available soon?

Already signed up for notification!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7866 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

After several false starts (including two Xbox 360 purchase/trade-ins), I'm FINALLY getting into Dragon Age: Origins. This is classic BioWare - slow start, big battle, humnaity is screwed, only YOU can save the day.

I think I'm gonna like this. :)

#7867 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Daily Deal

I Am Alive $8.99 40% off

Any thoughts? Reviews are pretty mixed, but it looks like it's worth a shot for a lower price.

#7868 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

slow start, big battle, humanity is screwed

Story of my life!

#7869 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

18207 - THQ Humble Bundle Core - Nov 2012

http://cdr.thebronas.../sub/apps/18207

I doubt in $1 minimum, but still something big is coming. Sadly, I don't have only RF: Armaggeddon from those games and I've played only Darksiders so far.

#7870 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Posted Image

MARS

#7871 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Holy crap. You gotta be kidding me. Things must really be getting desperate over at THQ if that is for real.

EDIT: lol @ M_F_A_H's post. Perfect.

#7872 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

They should offer a "We humbly ask you to help us offset the damage caused by the uDraw" bundle

I was pretty close on the name.

#7873 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I doubt in $1 minimum, but still something big is coming. Sadly, I don't have only RF: Armaggeddon from those games and I've played only Darksiders so far.

That's so out of left field I don't know what to think.

#7874 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

It looks huge, but it's only four games. I wish it had more of what I wanted. Still may go in if it's $5ish.

#7875 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

BTA/Bonus game Saint's Row The Third? That would be insane.

#7876 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

This is clearly a joke. Every Humble Bundle (going back to the grand-daddy Wolfire Bundle) has had the games released on Linux, Mac, & WinDO$ and has been DRM-FREE. If this is real it would imply that they are working on Linux & Mac ports of those games. Do you see that as probable?

I'm holding out for the Humble Bundle for Android version of it. :D

Edited by asheskitty, 19 November 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#7877 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I still have a hard time believing that that is true. If it is though, I guess I'll be in if the price is right. Especially if there are individual keys for the games.

This does raise the very real prospect that THQ might go under very soon, though. I thought for sure they'd stagger on for another 6 months at least. But now I'm starting to wonder if they'll still be around come the new year. I have already decided to prioritize buying Lucasarts games in the upcoming sales (because I don't trust Disney to keep the games in the store now that they own lucasarts). Looks like I should add any remaining THQ games that I don't already have to my shopping list. Lord knows how much longer I'll be able to buy them.

#7878 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I still have a hard time believing that that is true. If it is though, I guess I'll be in if the price is right. Especially if there are individual keys for the games.

The site that was linked to shows what's in the Steam registry. It's listed on another site as well. Of course as a sub package that means it will be one Steam key for everything that you see listed, not individual keys.

#7879 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

This is clearly a joke. Every Humble Bundle (going back to the grand-daddy Wolfire Bundle) has had the games released on Linux, Mac, & WinDO$. If this is real it would imply that they are working on Linux & Mac ports of those games. Do you see that as probable?

THQ is getting really desperate. I don't know, what is possible or not for them now, but I think Humble Bundle, as a company, can afford exception of having windows only bundle, just to cut something from millions $, that this bundle can earn in 2 weeks.

#7880 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

THQ is getting really desperate. I don't know, what is possible or not for them now, but I think Humble Bundle, as a company, can afford exception of having windows only bundle, just to cut something from millions $, that this bundle can earn in 2 weeks.

I forgot to note in my post that Humble Bundle is also very much about DRM-FREE.

The two tenants of Humble Bundle are:
  • Cross-Platform
  • DRM-FREE

I know people want to be hopeful about this, but I don't see why Humble Bundle would go against what they stand for to run the "THQ Bundle". THQ could just run a firesale on their store and keep all the desperately needed money. Among the indie bundles, IndieGale or Groupess would make far more sense. Humble Bundle has never included big company titles.

#7881 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I forgot to note in my post that Humble Bundle is also very much about DRM-FREE.

The two tenants of Humble Bundle are:

• Cross-Platform
  • DRM-FREE

I know people want to be hopeful about this, but I don't see why Humble Bundle would go against what they stand for to run the "THQ Bundle". THQ could just run a firesale on their store and keep all the desperately needed money. Among the indie bundles, IndieGale or Groupess would make far more sense.

How do you explain the registry then? The registry is pretty much legit.

#7882 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

How do you explain the registry then? The registry is pretty much legit.

Fair Question. As I stated I think it's a joke. They know people monitor it, so they decided to have some fun. I could be wrong. Those registry entries aren't set in stone. I just see no reason for Humble Bundle to violate what they stand for, and they have a solid track record.

#7883 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I think THQ could come through with DRM-Free games. Of all the things Humble Bundle usually does they can meet this point.

Plus, why do publishers use DRM? Usually they say to stop piracy. If THQ is no more and doesn't control any games they'll have nothing to lose by having some (older/very popular) games in the wild DRM Free.

#7884 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Fair Question. As I stated I think it's a joke. They know people monitor it, so they decided to have some fun. I could be wrong. Those registry entries aren't set in stone. I just see no reason for Humble Bundle to violate what they stand for, and they have a solid track record.

Thing is, THQ is going down. Why would they joke about this?

#7885 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I think THQ could come through with DRM-Free games. Of all the things Humble Bundle usually does they can meet this point.

Plus, why do publishers use DRM? Usually they say to stop piracy. If THQ is no more and doesn't control any games they'll have nothing to lose by having some (older/very popular) games in the wild DRM Free.

A couple of the games on that list use steamworks though. No real way around that.

So either this was all some cruel joke at THQ's expense, or the Humble guys are gonna have to wave their policy regarding DRM-Free & linux/mac versions.

#7886 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

lol.... humble and thq are well run companies... they don't post ghost things in the steam registry to troll a few gamers.

Looks like THQ is trying to raise cash ASAP in all ways possible. Hopefully it works and keeps them afloat. I never really considered the DRM Free thing of humble serious, they do give out steam keys with everything after all...

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7887 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

lol.... humble and thq are well run companies... they don't post ghost things in the steam registry to troll a few gamers.

Looks like THQ is trying to raise cash ASAP in all ways possible. Hopefully it works and keeps them afloat. I never really considered the DRM Free thing of humble serious, they do give out steam keys with everything after all...

Do you think the charity will be "keep thq afloat"

#7888 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Btw nem humble bundle with a twist

https://www.humblebu...com/double-fine

Damn, I love Tim Shafer.

#7889 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

This is clearly a joke. Every Humble Bundle (going back to the grand-daddy Wolfire Bundle) has had the games released on Linux, Mac, & WinDO$ and has been DRM-FREE. If this is real it would imply that they are working on Linux & Mac ports of those games. Do you see that as probable?

HIB 6 launched without Mac or Linux versions of Vessel. Two months later, they still aren't available.

I can imagine a Humble THQ Bundle with only Windows builds to start and Mac and Linux builds to follow. I don't think this is all so implausible.

#7890 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Jokes like that don't require official backing, just someone with the right password. Humble Bundle didn't start giving out steam keys until mid-way into HiB #2. But it is always available DRM-FREE.

Side note: They also didn't always have the torrent download available after, that was a response to people pirating HiB claim slow http downloads due to server load.