Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7891 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

HIB 6 launched without Mac or Linux versions of Vessel. Two months later, they still aren't available.

I can imagine a Humble THQ Bundle with only Windows builds to start and Mac and Linux builds to follow. I don't think this is all so implausible.

Taking in consideration THQ currently situation i don't know how much are they willing to start doing Linux and Mac versions of their games now.

Tretton.png

#7892 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

HIB 6 launched without Mac or Linux versions of Vessel. Two months later, they still aren't available.

I can imagine a Humble THQ Bundle with only Windows builds to start and Mac and Linux builds to follow. I don't think this is all so implausible.

It's not the first time the ports haven't been completed before the bundle launch. The Vessel port is being worked on. It is certainly the longest though. They have also included games in alpha. Hell, they even once included an never-finished windows-only prototype (as a soundtrack-like bonus), Claw, iirc.

#7893 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

A couple of the games on that list use steamworks though. No real way around that.

So either this was all some cruel joke at THQ's expense, or the Humble guys are gonna have to wave their policy regarding DRM-Free & linux/mac versions.

Aren't there some games like Torchlight 2 that are always Steam EXCEPT when you buy from the developer's website? Maybe it was OMD, I don't remember.

This could be the name of a cheap bundle sold on Steam for a fixed low price during the next sale. Who knows?

#7894 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Aren't there some games like Torchlight 2 that are always Steam EXCEPT when you buy from the developer's website? Maybe it was OMD, I don't remember.

This could be the name of a cheap bundle sold on Steam for a fixed low price during the next sale. Who knows?

Yep. The Waling Dead is also the same. Drm-free from developers, steamworks everywhere else.

#7895 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Jokes like that don't require official backing, just someone with the right password.

Jokes like that can get people fired, and with a company in THQ's financial situation are absolutely the kind of thing that should not be done. The odds of this being a joke are small enough they shouldn't be considered, to be honest.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7896 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Btw nem humble bundle with a twist
https://www.humblebu...com/double-fine
Damn, I love Tim Shafer.

Interesting. It seems like 2.0 of the Humble Bundle MoJam from Feb.

"Contributors get to download the finished prototypes for Windows (Steam keys too!)" seems weird. When do prototypes get steam keys? Betas yes. Will the protypes be polished into released games? Will you get those? They really could use to clarify.

#7897 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Do you think the charity will be "keep thq afloat"

Could be. Not sure if charity is a 100% requirement for HiB, but there is always a pretty significant developer tip given Add to that any tax benefits from the "charity" for all the games THQ gave away and there are plenty of benefits to be had for the company.

Jokes like that don't require official backing, just someone with the right password. Humble Bundle didn't start giving out steam keys until mid-way into HiB #2. But it is always available DRM-FREE.

Side note: They also didn't always have the torrent download available after, that was a response to people pirating HiB claim slow http downloads due to server load.

Password for what exactly? So a rogue employee is just trying to play a cruel joke? If jokes were that easy and passwords were handed out so easily, I don't this would be the first joke we'd have gotten.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7898 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

King Arthur II from GameStop is a notable non-steamworks version. Crusader Kings II from GamersGate is DRM-FREE and steam everywhere else (barring minor retail in Europe). Another that I just forgot.

The funny thing with Torchlight 1&2 is that you are better off with the steam version if you want both Mac&Win versions, since the direct-from-dev versions are single platform.

Password for what exactly? So a rogue employee is just trying to play a cruel joke? If jokes were that easy and passwords were handed out so easily, I don't this would be the first joke we'd have gotten.

Password into the system to create a steam entry. I see it as more funny than cruel, subjective certainly.

#7899 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

After several false starts (including two Xbox 360 purchase/trade-ins), I'm FINALLY getting into Dragon Age: Origins. This is classic BioWare - slow start, big battle, humnaity is screwed, only YOU can save the day.

I think I'm gonna like this. :)

Oh, you will. It's fantastic!

Sorry to hear! They had all few of mine, though I made backups before D2D went bust. The general consensus I got from SD back when was that most titles were available.

If I were smart, I'd have downloaded mine before the switch too, but I figured, "Eh, what's the worst that could happen?" Famous last words.

Have you checked your Gamefly client recently? All my D2D purchases are now available for
download through the client except two (Time Gentlemen, Please! & Ben There, Dan That!)
which are available for download directly from the Gamefly website under D2D Downloads
in my Purchase History.

I check it pretty routinely. I'm missing several items that I didn't download before D2D changed over, including Battlestations Midway.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7900 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Interesting. It seems like 2.0 of the Humble Bundle MoJam from Feb.

"Contributors get to download the finished prototypes for Windows (Steam keys too!)" seems weird. When do prototypes get steam keys? Betas yes. Will the protypes be polished into released games? Will you get those? They really could use to clarify.

You will get the prototypes. If you buy it now you get a key for Costume Quest prototype, that is different from the finished Costume Quest.

#7901 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Bah and I just bought Metro for $2! Would be pretty hilarious to see a THQ bundle. I'd guess Space Marine would probably be the BTA. SR3 sells good enough on its own.

#7902 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

You also get the Happy Song prototype.

Which after playing around with for 4 minutes I can safely say is completely inscrutable.

#7903 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

You will get the prototypes. If you buy it now you get a key for Costume Quest prototype, that is different from the finished Costume Quest.

That's how I read it too. Doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. ...prototype apathy kicking in. Besides I already bought the Prototype Pack on Amazon last week! :D

#7904 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

That's how I read it too. Doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. ...prototype apathy kicking in. Besides I already bought the Prototype Pack on Amazon last week! :D

Oh yeah, you went there. 8-)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#7905 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

There are WAY too many deals. I'm gonna miss something!
So far though I have my eyes first and foremost on cheap PC Dishonored from gamefly! Also still waiting on a Max Payne 3 deal from Tony. I forgot how time intensive these forums get around these sales. lol.
If there are any really sweet deals on FTL or Hotline Miami but those'll probably be 2.50'ers for me or bundles.

#7906 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Bah and I just bought Metro for $2! Would be pretty hilarious to see a THQ bundle. I'd guess Space Marine would probably be the BTA. SR3 sells good enough on its own.

Same reaction from me except Red Faction Armageddon. I doubt SR3 would be involved with this in any way, especially with the new Full Package (or whatever) edition coming out soon.

#7907 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Spec Ops: The Line is $6.00 on Green Man Gaming (with the 20% off coupon).
http://www.greenmang...c-ops-the-line/

#7908 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

So Two Worlds II Velvet Edition is about 15 cents right now in the Russian steam store. Any Russians here? xD

http://store.steampo...ub/13656/?cc=ru

#7909 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

My favourite game from the Double Fine Bundle Vote:
http://www.humblebun...le-fine#milgrim

#7910 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

So Two Worlds II Velvet Edition is about 15 cents right now in the Russian steam store. Any Russians here? xD

wow....id be all over that

#7911 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

The soundtrack (the really, really awesome one) from Hotline Miami has just been added to the Game Music Bundle.

You'll have to be quick, only 12 hours left.

#7912 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Another thought I had about the THQ bundle is that they might have a higher minimum. They did that for the Botanica bundle and people freaked but, hey, their bundle, they set the price.

#7913 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Too bad Russians don't use paypal. Even if we could find a Russian, I'd have no way to pay him.

Another thought I had about the THQ bundle is that they might have a higher minimum. They did that for the Botanica bundle and people freaked but, hey, their bundle, they set the price.

I took it for granted that there would be a higher minimum.

#7914 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

guess which game is now all over steamgifts. hint - it's not EYE Divine Cybermancy

#7915 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

guess which game is now all over steamgifts. hint - it's not EYE Divine Cybermancy

That's a shame because EYE is pretty damn cool even if it is rough around the edges!

#7916 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

That's a lot of rubles!

#7917 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I don't think this was posted, but I've been having trouble keeping up lately. Dates for sales and a price on everyone's favorite unicorn game.

When Valve contacted me about two weeks ago to announce their Autumn (nov 21-27) and Winter (Dec 20-Jan 4) sales – and to ask whether we’d like to include SOTMC (Secret of the Magic Crystals) or not – I came up with an idea. Let’s set the price at $1.99 and try to generate a total sale of 50.000+ copies.

bonus: a path to Secret of the Magic Crystals sequel

http://sotmc.artery-studios.com/wp/

#7918 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Nice find.

#7919 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Very nice. So now we have the exact dates of the two sales.

#7920 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

I don't think this was posted

Spoiler

No that hasn't been posted. Thanks!

But you missed the bigger news!

Buy 41+ copies of SOTMC – Receive 5 copies of SOTMC for free* + your name in the credits of SOTMC II + a limited SOTMC II t-shirt** signed by the developers +Your name gets in the horse database***

...apparently the girl that has everything also has a horse database.