Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8011 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Let's just say my system makes yours look modern!

X-Blades was but not Blades of Time.

I still use an 8800GT.

Runs everything on medium to high settings.

Bought it around when Bioshock was first released on PC.

#8012 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

What's the difference between Cities in Motion and the XL version?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8013 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I still use an 8800GT.

Runs everything on medium to high settings.

Bought it around when Bioshock was first released on PC.

Now you're talking!

#8014 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

What's the difference between Cities in Motion and the XL version?

I recall reading that the different versions of Cities in Motion have just minor differences/improvements. XL is newer, 2012 is newer yet.

#8015 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

New Borderlands 2 DLC!

#8016 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Steam doesn't seem to have downloaded my B2 DLC or Walking Dead ep. 5 yet. Hmm.

#8017 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I had to restart my steam just now, and it finally started on the B2 dlc for me.

#8018 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I recall reading that the different versions of Cities in Motion have just minor differences/improvements. XL is newer, 2012 is newer yet.

Cities in Motion and Cities XL are two completely different games by two different developers.

#8019 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Cities in Motion and Cities XL are two completely different games by two different developers.

#-o My gaffe, thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking Cities, not Cities in Motion.

#8020 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Well, I upgraded to Windows 8 last Sunday, backed up up my save files, reinstalled TWD, and they're gone. Also, the game won't start if my gamepad is plugged in.

#8021 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

ep. 5 doesn't come out on pc until tomorrow I thought?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8022 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Well, I upgraded to Windows 8...

Posted Image

#8023 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

I had to restart my steam just now, and it finally started on the B2 dlc for me.

I verified the cache and now it's downloading a huge chunk of data, must be it. 790.6MB.

ep. 5 doesn't come out on pc until tomorrow I thought?

Didn't realize that, thanks.

#8024 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Posted Image

I couldn't resist Win 8. :lol: It's running really well actually. I ran into problems only with this game and Hotline Miami.

BTW, I found a fix for this Walking Dead problem. I had to copy my prefs.prop file to a pack/default directory inside the game's Steam folder, and for the controller I had to copy a dinput8.dll file in the same directory that has the executable. Now it's all working again, and my saves have been restored.

#8025 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I verified the cache and now it's downloading a huge chunk of data, must be it. 790.6MB.

Didn't realize that, thanks.

Yeah, they have some exclusivity thing. PSN gets it today, everyone else gets it a day later.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8026 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Looks like I can finally buy it then. Been holding out because I know I wouldn't be able to wait for the episodes to come out. The show has been tiding me over quite well, but I keep seeing more and more amazing shots of the game and have been wanting to play it for some time.

76561198014930049.png

#8027 cheapchirp

cheapchirp

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I couldn't resist Win 8. :lol: It's running really well actually. I ran into problems only with this game and Hotline Miami.

BTW, I found a fix for this Walking Dead problem. I had to copy my prefs.prop file to a pack/default directory inside the game's Steam folder, and for the controller I had to copy a dinput8.dll file in the same directory that has the executable. Now it's all working again, and my saves have been restored.

Windows 8 runs fine for me and I actually prefer it. Don't know why there is so much hate against it. I hear the start screen bugs people, but hey, there is still the desktop tile...

#8028 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Well, I feel pretty good - I just grabbed Sonic CD for $1.24 over at Amazon. It does amaze me that this is my third time buying the game; I bought the excellent Sega CD version as well as the awful PC port from the mid-90's. Now, I can add the semi-remake to my collection, as well.

Shoite, what have I done?

#8029 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Windows 8 runs fine for me and I actually prefer it. Don't know why there is so much hate against it. I hear the start screen bugs people, but hey, there is still the desktop tile...

For me its really not the way Windows 8 runs really, it's this slow march toward becoming more like Apple and having a walled garden of only Microsoft certified software and only able to get things thru the Windows store. That's what pisses me off personally about it. There's a pretty good article on destructiod about it will link later.

#8030 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Anyone planning on picking up some games from the current GOG sale, Pick 5, Pay $10?

I own most of the games (either on GOG or another DD), but I'd like to pick up Symphony and Unmechanical. Maybe we could work something out where one of us can host, redeem the games that X doesn't own (the games that X wants), and give the code to Y so Y can redeem the code for the games that Y wants. It'll come out to $2 a game, which is the cheapest any of these games are gonna go for on GOG.

Here are the ones I own on GOG:
Blackwell Bundle
Botanicula
Geneforge 1-5
Mutant Mudds
Resonance
Spacechem
To The Moon

So if you're interested in any of these games, you can send me the money for 3 of them, I'll buy the pack as a gift, redeem it for the 2 games that I want, and give you the code to redeem the games that you want from this list.

Let me know if you're interested, or if you have any questions.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#8031 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

>.> Figures. The only two I wanted were Symphony and Unmechanical. There are only 3 others on that list that I don't own, and they're filler to me.

#8032 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, they have some exclusivity thing. PSN gets it today, everyone else gets it a day later.

Hard to believe Sony would make a deal to get a 1 day advance, wonder if it's for some other reason.

#8033 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hard to believe Sony would make a deal to get a 1 day advance, wonder if it's for some other reason.

Well, when it comes to PS3 and 360, that's just the way the store updates. PSN updates Tuesday and XBLA updates Wednesday, generally.

I don't know why Steam wouldn't have parity with PSN, though. It does seem unlikely that it would be a backroom deal for a single day on a downloadable title.

#8034 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

I thought xbla released new arcade games on wednesday anyway. Can't recall as the last thing I bought was Trials Evolution in April.

Well, when it comes to PS3 and 360, that's just the way the store updates. PSN updates Tuesday and XBLA updates Wednesday, generally.

I don't know why Steam wouldn't have parity with PSN, though. It does seem unlikely that it would be a backroom deal for a single day on a downloadable title.

Yeah, what he said.

#8035 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

That would be playing on the iconic goatse image (man stretching his anus for the camera), not sex with goats.

Hmm, and that's better than watching goats Fuck how?
lmao

OMG Goatse newb! I'll link you to this safe gawker article. In the 5th paragraph it links to goatse-dot-ru 3(NSFW)E mirror.

It became quite the meme. Even made mention on the BBC as an alternate London 2012 logo. Guardian article.
There was even a movie made. "The Men Who State at Goats"e
Posted Image
Posted Image

Londonites actually wanted to change the Olympic logo to a giant browneye? Wow, and I thought the people around here who Fuck goats were strange.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#8036 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Can you guys stop talking about the Autumn sale? I can't keep up with the thread right now.
Posted Image

#8037 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Better to talk about the Autumn sale than internet shock photos from 2003.

57j.gif

#8038 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Better to talk about the Autumn sale than internet shock photos from 2003.

Oh hey, we should reminisce about tubgirl, too.

I'll invite everyone to an AIM chat for it.

Any predictions on the format of the autumn sale? Just a stock running sale with some dailies?

#8039 Zipstream

Zipstream

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Here are some giveaways for my fellow CAGs to enjoy on Thanksgiving.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8040 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Oh hey, we should reminisce about tubgirl, too.

I'll invite everyone to an AIM chat for it.

Any predictions on the format of the autumn sale? Just a stock running sale with some dailies?

My guess is some focus on gift packs to tie in with the giving theme.