Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8071 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I thought the steam sales started today?

You must be new here. Steam's "day" starts at 10:00am PST

#8072 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

im fine with anything so long as they dont have those horrid flash sales again.
also I dont want to do any achievement hunting. Everytime they had achievement hunting, I ended up wasting so much time to actually do them. I dont think I ever bought a game JUST to do its achievement, but I did think about it for a few of the cheap games.

I think you're better than me then :p

Clearly I did have some interest in the game, but, yeah, wouldnt have bought it w/o the achievement.

fs_pc.png

#8073 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Anyone know when the Summer Sale starts?

#8074 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Could be 1 hr, could be 25 hrs, I do think it'll be today tho

fs_pc.png

#8075 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

When the stars and moon align, so Hydrophobia and Magicka are on sale simultaneously.

#8076 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Imagine if this thread had a Valve rep posting here.

"VALVE REP IS GAME X GOING ON SALE"
"VALVE REP CAN YOU PRICE-MATCH THE GREY-MARKET KEY SALE ON SKETCHY WEBSITE Y"
"VALVE REP THIS THREAD IS TOO BIG AND I CAN'T SEARCH THE LAST TWO PAGES, BUT ANSWER MY QUESTION ANYWAY"

Seriously though I hope the Steam sale has prices similar to Amazon. I have so much money in my Paypal account.

#8077 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Around 7 months or so, maybe earlier.

#8078 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

The new Indie Gala made my day. Yes I am serious and yes I had an insta buy kinda moment.

Not looking forward to 40 mins from now where my wallet is in for a potential beating :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8079 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

When the stars and moon align, so Hydrophobia and Magicka are on sale simultaneously.

http://www.cheapassg...line=1344140363

MARS

#8080 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Imagine if this thread had a Valve rep posting here.

"VALVE REP IS GAME X GOING ON SALE"
"VALVE REP CAN YOU PRICE-MATCH THE GREY-MARKET KEY SALE ON SKETCHY WEBSITE Y"
"VALVE REP THIS THREAD IS TOO BIG AND I CAN'T SEARCH THE LAST TWO PAGES, BUT ANSWER MY QUESTION ANYWAY"

Seriously though I hope the Steam sale has prices similar to Amazon. I have so much money in my Paypal account.

Not to detract from Amazon's sales (they are great), but most of their really good ones are bundles, and odds are a lot of us already have/had a few games from those bundles making them a not so great deal for us.

Amazon has had some great prices on single games no doubt though.

#8081 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=203390&dateline=1344140363

I got picture quoted; I feel so accepted.

#8082 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think I'm going to take it easy this sale. Hoping for at least 50% on Walking Dead and maybe 33% on Hotline Miami. On the fence on Hotline though.

#8083 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I think I'm going to take it easy this sale. Hoping for at least 50% on Walking Dead and maybe 33% on Hotline Miami. On the fence on Hotline though.

Amazon has 50% off Walking Dead today.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8084 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Walking Dead is $12.49 on Amazon. Steamworks.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8085 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I love the fact that, in my timezone, the day is almost over and, when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be thrown in a warzone scenario with burst of (hopefully) amazing sales, screams of disappointment, burning scars of past flash reductions, whispered wiretaps of incoming offers, shattered dreams, miles of pages to browse to try and recollect data and so on... it'll be like watching one of the best episodes of Lost, only in first person and textual form! 8-)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#8086 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

oh how I claim bullshit. BF3 beta would barely even run off mine. I nearly cried that day.

I'm just sad it fried to death via the PSU, but it served well for like 4+ years.

No bullshit. I have no idea how this thing has held out for so long for me. To be fair, I have not played BF3 and have no idea how that would run. But XCOM, Saint's Row the Third, Deus Ex: HR, etc. all run without any issues.

My bottleneck on this computer right now has pretty clearly been the 4 gigs of ram.

#8087 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

What sales are people looking forward too?
Id like to hear more about what games people are looking forward too so I have a better idea to know what games look fun so I can keep an eye on them.

I've reached my saturation point with Steam sales personally :(

The drug just has no effect on me anymore.

I have to resort to buying games like this:

http://www.gamersgat.../the-real-texas

and obscure European sims from other retailers.

I probably got my biggest high when I saw the new Indie Gala and the games I want most on Steam are on Greenlight (Sang Froid for example).

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8088 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Id like to hear more about what games people are looking forward too so I have a better idea to know what games look fun so I can keep an eye on them.

Most of what I'm looking forward to are games that haven't yet or rarely see a discount. Here are some from my wish list:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II
FTL: Faster Than Light
Beyond Divinity
Mark of the Ninja
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Wanderlust: Rebirth

I'm also holding on to hope that some newer titles will see discounts, but I'm guessing I'll need to wait for the winter sale:

Scriblenauts Unlimited
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Towns

But who knows!

#8089 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Amazon has 50% off Walking Dead today.

Walking Dead is $12.49 on Amazon. Steamworks.

But, does it activate on Steam? I don't want to use the Amazon client, it's a disaster. All other clients should bow down to Steam and offer sacrifices of crappy indie platformers. I think this guy feels the same...

But that just says it uses Steamworks. I wanna know if it registers on Steam or not. Oh well, thanks anyways guys. :cry:

But, in all seriousness, I plan on using steam wallet for my purchases so I'm hoping for the same on Steam.

#8090 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Gotta love that simulator bundle, many gamers are raging about how they cant get John Deere drive green anymore on steam since it revolutionized tractor simulations for pc gaming.

That was indeed tragic. I think next time I will be a bit more assertive with some of the games I want on Steam. I always passed on John Deere thinking next sale, next sale - and now - no cigar!

That said, if it is cheap enough I might be picking up a few copies of Secret of the Magic Crystal to support and get in on the part 2 action.

#8091 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

But, does it activate on Steam? I don't want to use the Amazon client, it's a disaster. All other clients should bow down to Steam and offer sacrifices of crappy indie platformers. I think this guy feels the same...

Yes it activates on Steam.

#8092 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

No bullshit. I have no idea how this thing has held out for so long for me. To be fair, I have not played BF3 and have no idea how that would run. But XCOM, Saint's Row the Third, Deus Ex: HR, etc. all run without any issues.

My bottleneck on this computer right now has pretty clearly been the 4 gigs of ram.

To be fair, XCOM runs perfectly fine on all high settings on my old system, but BF3 on low/med plays like one of those hula girl flip books...with half the pages missing.

Most of the stuff I'm looking for are games that have been in bundles that I've missed. Top 2 are Blackwell and MacGuffin's Curse.

#8093 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

$1 for an Aztaka Steam key -- new IndieGameStand.

Not so new but hasn't been posted here.

MARS

#8094 Ignis

Ignis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm personally hoping FO:NV gets 75% off this sale.

#8095 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Gotta love that simulator bundle, many gamers are raging about how they cant get John Deere drive green anymore on steam since it revolutionized tractor simulations for pc gaming.

Sounds like you have steam fatigue, not really much left there for me, hope they fix that over that years and get some new games.

And yet there's more ways to expand. I'd love to see NFS:U2 style pimp-my-combine, spinners, ground effect lighting, etc.

I can also definitively say that the first game that let me drive combine was Carmageddon!

#8096 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I think the sale I'd like to see most is the Still Life series.

I played through Post Mortem after getting it from the Groupees bundle and want to see what those guys do next.

Otherwise I don't really know. Maybe something cheap will surprise me, but I don't anticipate spending more than $15 this sale.

#8097 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Big things I am looking forward too on sale (either for this Autumn or Holiday sale) are:

Of Orcs and Men 50% off
Anno 2070 Deep Sea expansion 50% off
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight
Rayman Origins $10 or under
FTL

#8098 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

$1 for an Aztaka Steam key -- new IndieGameStand.

There's a demo on steam. It didn't impress me. It played like a early/mid-90s shareware game.

#8099 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Hotline Miami is really good in my oppinion. It's worth the $10 so anything less is a steal. I put more time into that than some of the AAA titles I've bought recently. It might have just struck the right chord with me but it's got good buzz review wise. Watch Giant Bomb's QuickLook. it shows it off perfectly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8100 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

So it's water vapor and not steam, but this is what the last two pages back reminded me of:

Spoiler

As long as this sale is just that, and not an achievement or objective hunt, I'll be happy. This time of year is too damned busy for such foolishness.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image