Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8221 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

i am just hoping for the ys games to go 75% off, they didnt get much of a sale on the summer sale(they were $5 for the oath, and $8 for ys origins, i am hoping for $3.75 and 5

so far, all i bought was kotor 2(and also picked up gods and kings for civ v on amazon for $7.50)
http://www.amazon.co...=gods and kings

ignore all of the 'macintosh only" warnings, it gives you a steam code, which gives both pc and mac versions when you redeem it on steam
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#8222 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hello all! Long time reader, first time poster. I have a question about this sale:

Should I bite on this sale knowing that the Winter sale is literally a few weeks away?

Thank in advance for the advice!

If it's 75% off, than yes. Otherwise wait till, new daily/flash deals or winter sale.

#8223 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Why am I seeing Risen 2 at $22.97?

Same. I even got the Amazon Student email, and I have the discounted Prime membership this year :\

#8224 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hello all! Long time reader, first time poster. I have a question about this sale:

Should I bite on this sale knowing that the Winter sale is literally a few weeks away?

if you see a lightning deal, on a game, like kotor 2 for example for $2.50, i doubt it will go cheaper on the winter sale.

for games like skyrim, i fully expect it to go much cheaper on the winter sale, hopefully under $20.

Posted Image

#8225 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

If there's something you really, really, absolutely want, and it's cheap enough (like 66% or 75% off), then feel free to buy. The winter sale will be much the same, except perhaps some newer titles might see marginally larger discounts.

e.g. Skyrim was £34.99 at full price.
In the Winter Sale 2011 it hit £23.44 (33% off).
I think it's been 50% off sometime not long ago, but at the moment it's listed at 33% off again.
I'd be shocked if we didn't see it as a daily deal, where you can expect a 40/50/66% off.
Edit1: You may see 50/66/75% off at Christmas but no promises.

The golden rule is to not buy something unless it's either a) a featured sale like a "flash" sale/daily deal, or b) the last day of the sale and you cant wait until Christmas.

Edit2: I'm never replying ever again, this thread is moving too fast! :lol:

Edited by Flowette, 21 November 2012 - 07:17 PM.
Thought of additional stuff/usurped.

#8226 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I got 3 Grimrock codes and I bought one for myself game ended up being $3.74 nice! Also i'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Walking Dead to ANYONE who hasn't played it yet.

#8227 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

If anyone has another trine 2 goblin code please pm me so I can use it while it still stacks.

My Goblin Menace coupon is no longer in my inventory. So it looks like the frozenbyte coupons have been revoked already.

#8228 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

The walking dead worth it for 12.50? I'm on the fence right now

#8229 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

I got 3 Grimrock codes and I bought one for myself game ended up being $3.74 nice! Also i'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Walking Dead to ANYONE who hasn't played it yet.

Sent you a PM about Grimrock

#8230 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

I'm not going to be able to watch the sale to much (i expect to miss flash sales), so can anyone suggest buy points for these games:

FTL
Recettear
Awesomenauts
(maybe) Walking Dead

#8231 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: EL447-8GH0C-9KZJ4
Key: YH8MW-5IMF2-2RB9H
Key: FT4W2-68W4A-AHAFA
Key: TPANB-56878-ZZ8LD

#8232 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Key: 5YRDF-6LFA0-VPFZY

#8233 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Jumped on Silverfall: Complete, as I believe this is the first time in over a year that I've been watching it that it's actually gone on sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/879

#8234 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

My Goblin Menace coupon is no longer in my inventory. So it looks like the frozenbyte coupons have been revoked already.

mine all got removed at midnight :cry:
vegas make it big will be mine all mine
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8235 kmgamer88

kmgamer88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Key: TPANB-56878-ZZ8LD

Used thanks for the code

#8236 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Going to pick up Mass Effect 2 for $10 and Limbo for $2.50. Also VVVVVV is $2.50.

Just saw that indieroyale site for the first time. What an awesome concept! I wonder if I should hold off on Limbo and try to get it on that site sometime.

you may want to get me on amazon, it is $15 for me1 and 2, dragon age origins ultimate and da2, instead of getting me2 for $10 now

Posted Image

#8237 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

You should buy Walking Dead, it's the 2nd best game I played this year (behind XCOM, which you should....probably wait to see if it hits 50% off now or Winter sale). I doubt it's going to get cheaper before the end of the year as it just released the final episode today.

I think I'm in for Inversion 2, looks fun. I don't see the point in waiting for a bundle with 5 other games I don't want even if it saves me a buck or two. Damn to whoever posted that search filter for cheap indies.
Posted Image

#8238 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Getting Kotor 2 for sure. Trying to decide if I want to get Xcom now or wait until Christmas...I almost bought it full price a couple days ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8239 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Key: YH8MW-5IMF2-2RB9H

Used the above.

Greatly appreciated thank you much .

#8240 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Does anyone have an extra grimrock code? They all seem snatched :/, thanks!

#8241 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

If anyone has a Grimrock code and they want to keep it out of lurker hands, I too would be very grateful. :)

#8242 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Jumped on Silverfall: Complete, as I believe this is the first time in over a year that I've been watching it that it's actually gone on sale.

Notice: This is a stand alone expansion and does not require the original Silverfall to buy or play Earth Awakening.

Makes me wonder if you even need to buy the original at all.

Re: People experiencing 'Grimrock fever' -- I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 75% off as a daily/flash.

#8243 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

You should buy Walking Dead, it's the 2nd best game I played this year (behind XCOM, which you should....probably wait to see if it hits 50% off now or Winter sale). I doubt it's going to get cheaper before the end of the year as it just released the final episode today.

I have yet to play the last episode (plan on doing that tonight), but I second this. Telltale deserves major kudos. I liked their earlier work, but this is way, way ahead of anything they've done. Definitely a GOTY contender.

#8244 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

There's already a Season 2 for TWE planned! Can't wait for it!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8245 shiftdeleted

shiftdeleted

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

my magic price was $30 for X-Com.. but close enough! I bought it!
wreaking havoc, 2 keys at a time.

#8246 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

It's funny because I think both Walking Dead and XCOM are worth their original price, so if I didn't have both I would have jumped at their sale prices today. Even if it was going to be any cheaper in winter.

#8247 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Ooh thanks for that. It was on my want list.

#8248 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Makes me wonder if you even need to buy the original at all

This is a single player RPG, and I believe the "expansion pack" has a completely different storyline. So it's kind of like Dungeon Siege 1 and Dungeon Siege: Legend of Aranna (Same engine, different story)

#8249 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Makes me wonder if you even need to buy the original at all.

Re: People experiencing 'Grimrock fever' -- I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 75% off as a daily/flash.

You don't need the base silverfall game but IIRC you start out at like level 40 or something if you just have the expansion or if you start your character in the expansion. It has been a long time since I have played it though.

Also, I found Grimrock to be well worth the 12.50 I payed for it on release. I am biased to loving those types of games since I grew up on them but still it was well done. Saying that, I would not be surprised either if it had a daily sale for cheaper.

#8250 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Does anyone have a code from the Autumn Seal for Alan Wake? I'm itching to buy it!