Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8371 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

thinking about Darksiders $5

Probably should hold out on darksiders, because theres a strong chance of a THQ humble bundle coming.

#8372 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Yep I bought the mac version of Gods and Kings yesterday and activated the code on my PC steam client last night. It registered as "Mac" version, but it still activated for PC (since it's steamworks) and Steam went ahead and downloaded the DLC for Civ 5.

Bought it, activated it and see it in the DLC part of my account without the (Mac) tag (even though that's what it said when it was activated).

Not at home to download and install, so that's as much verification as I can give you at this point.

The same thing happens when you buy Civ on Steam. You get a Mac and PC version in your library.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the verification. Well, off to spend some more money on the way to breaking the bank before the end of the year. :whee:

#8373 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Probably should hold out on darksiders, because theres a strong chance of a THQ humble bundle coming.

Not just a strong chance, it's been confirmed that a THQ humble bundle is coming. Only thing not confirmed is the pricing and what the BTA games will be.

http://www.gamingonl...confirmed.1454/

#8374 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm surprised at how large of an install Silverfall is 22gigs wow

That sounds about right.

#8375 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

It's still brilliant (in the emphatic American sense, not the devalued British sense), but between the weird material and the weirder translation, it can be a tough game to get through. The Void is just as brilliant and translated much better (and also less reliant on dialogue).

I'm actually a Russian and I've had a chance to play a little bit of Pathologic without any translation when it first came out and, from what I recall, the dialogue was still very very weird ;)

#8376 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

This thread is making me realize how horrible my Steam backlog already is. Every time someone recommends a game, I check it out...and find out I already own it.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#8377 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

This thread is making me realize how horrible my Steam backlog already is. Every time someone recommends a game, I check it out...and find out I already own it.

Oh god this is me. Everyone was talking about the Void so I was like 'fine, I'll go take a look at it.'

"You already own The Void."

Since when?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8378 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

is sleeping dogs region free? i just got an EU code off a cag and wanted to double check.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#8379 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm actually a Russian and I've had a chance to play a little bit of Pathologic without any translation when it first came out and, from what I recall, the dialogue was still very very weird ;)

haha, I got that impression, both from the Let's Play (http://lparchive.org/Pathologic/) and from Ice Pick Lodge's other output. I do envy you getting to experience the weirdness unmediated, though. :P

#8380 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

All the iWin games are 75% off. SCORE!!!

And no mention of Coconut Queen?

also how is Sanctum?

It's a slow-ish paced first-person Tower Defense game. It's Unreal Engine - looks pretty nice. It's pretty fun, has co-op, and there's a good bit of content. I can't say I play it a whole lot though.

76561197971332172.png

#8381 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Question: Does it have TAGES (or any other third party DRM aside from Steam)? Read that it might but doesn't seem to show up on the store page.

Don't know, I ended up not installing it due to not having enough room. My 2TB drive for Steam is about full lol

#8382 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Probably losing my gamer cred forever but...do people like Farm Frenzy? I remember playing it on my phone at some point and thinking it was kind of fun...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8383 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Probably losing my gamer cred forever but...do people like Farm Frenzy?

Join date aside, you must be new here. You'll have to try a lot harder than that to lose game cred around this bunch.

Come up with a game where you plant flowers and have to care for them until they bloom and drop out puppies that poop more flower seeds and these guys will be lining up to buy it.

#8384 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Join date aside, you must be new here. You'll have to try a lot harder than that to lose game cred around this bunch.

Come up with a game where you plant flowers and have to care for them until they bloom and drop out puppies that poop more flower seeds and these guys will be lining up to buy it.

Having witnessed the coconut queen...moment...during the last sale, I suppose you have a point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8385 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

THEY HAVE ONE OF THOSE!? Link please.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#8386 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Cool cool

It's a slow-ish paced first-person Tower Defense game. It's Unreal Engine - looks pretty nice. It's pretty fun, has co-op, and there's a good bit of content. I can't say I play it a whole lot though.

Yeah the Sanctum Collection is up for $4.74, got some interest in it lol

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#8387 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Don't know, I ended up not installing it due to not having enough room. My 2TB drive for Steam is about full lol

Doh! Thanks, anyway.

Re: Sanctum -- It's a decent enough game but I just could never get into it. I guess stuff like Orcs Must Die and Dungeon Defenders satisfied my tower defense/action hybrid needs. Sanctum is a bit more strategic in terms of building paths and funneling enemies in and out of optimal killzones but I found the action/shooting part a bit lackluster.

#8388 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I totally want a puppy that shits flower seeds simulator.

#8389 AlohaMars2

AlohaMars2

Ready to Roll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

In for KOTOR 2! *happydance*

#8390 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

I think that someone said about 10 pages back that it's really only ~10 gigs - it looks bigger because the expansion uses the base game files and you don't really need to download those again.

Workin on it

#8391 Darkhate

Darkhate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Anyone having trouble with Trine Complete Collection coupon?

#8392 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

In for KOTOR II, havnt played it in years but the mods have got me itching to again

#8393 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Anyone having trouble with Trine Complete Collection coupon?

Are sure that you still have it in your inventory? Because my Trine 2 coupon was removed. Another poster here said his was removed also. I was under the impression that they had been revoked.

#8394 Nastrodamous

Nastrodamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

this is the cheapest xcom is gonna be right?
Posted Image

#8395 Darkhate

Darkhate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Are sure that you still have it in your inventory? Because my Trine 2 coupon was removed. Another poster here said his was removed also. I was under the impression that they had been revoked.

It was then when I bought Legend of Grimrock it was gone. So I guess ti was revoked.

#8396 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

this is the cheapest xcom is gonna be right?

Probably yes (since it's a Daily), but buy it from Amazon if you're in the US. Same price and you'll get a $5 coupon for January.

#8397 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think that someone said about 10 pages back that it's really only ~10 gigs - it looks bigger because the expansion uses the base game files and you don't really need to download those again.

That was me in the GG thread. I should have been able to report specifics by now but my download speeds fell for two hours, so I'll be able to report back in an hour on the actual disk use.

And now Silverfall Complete is on Steam for $3.74 through the 27th. I snagged it right away. (Unlikely it'll go lower, and I don't want to forget.)

Steam freaked me out with 21+10GBs of download, wound up being just 10GB total. Apparently Earth Awakening is just 224MB on top of the base.

#8398 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I still have my Trine 2 coupon, but it doesn't apply any discount to the game in cart so it's dead either way.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8399 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Got a Grimlock code but haven't fully caught up on the thread yet so not sure if it still works. First person to PM me gets it.

#8400 H22A

H22A

Happy trails, Hans.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

KOTOR II for $2.49, why not? Played thoroughly back when it was fresh to Xbox, still have it on a shelf but will revisit it now on PC.