Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8401 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

17 pages a day is still nuts every time Steam has a sale. Absolutely loving when regulars to this thread join in on a sarcastic rant, and people come out of the woodwork that I can't ever recall seeing posting like they know whats what (loved the skyrim joke Severose). Anywho....is it confirmed for this sale that there will be a "recap day"?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8402 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I just noticed
Zombie Driver HD is $2.49 (75%)
eXceed Complete Pack is $4.99 (%50) .. /em hopes for a daily (or flash)

#8403 Eddy898

Eddy898

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

For people getting KOTOR II a friendly public service reminder that you will probably want The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) as it fixes and bunch of things and adds things back in that were cut.

It is also up on Moddb http://www.moddb.com...tent-mod-tslrcm

#8404 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Don't buy XCOM if you aren't going to play it right away, obviously. But you should buy it and play it right away - IGNORE ALL OTHER GAMES - because it fucking rocks.
Posted Image

#8405 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Question: Does it have TAGES (or any other third party DRM aside from Steam)? Read that it might but doesn't seem to show up on the store page.

this post and this site says it has inert TAGES

#8406 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Join date aside, you must be new here. You'll have to try a lot harder than that to lose game cred around this bunch.

Come up with a game where you plant flowers and have to care for them until they bloom and drop out puppies that poop more flower seeds and these guys will be lining up to buy it.

OMG, now I actually want to play this.

More realistically, I'm really wanting Traffic Manager from Indie Gala. Now to decide if I want the other games.

elessar123.png

#8407 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Don't buy XCOM if you aren't going to play it right away, obviously. But you should buy it and play it right away - IGNORE ALL OTHER GAMES - because it fucking rocks.

Hitting the nail on the head right here. It's certainly one of the few games that I feel doesn't need to drop in price for people to justify getting it. It's just too damn good.

#8408 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

I just noticed
Zombie Driver HD is $2.49 (75%)
eXceed Complete Pack is $4.99 (%50) .. /em hopes for a daily (or flash)

It's really tempting to upgrade from vanilla Zombie Driver at that price, but I know I'm not going to play through it again anytime soon.

I'm so excited for Cargo Commander at 75% off. Tis a shame it's discounted so low so quickly, but if I enjoy it enough I'll just buy a second copy to assuage my cheap-ass guilt.

#8409 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm not sure if this Autumn Seal coupon still works but it can't hurt to try for anyone who might be interested:

Frozenbyte: -50% Trine 2: Goblin Menace Steam discount coupon
Key: YRNLF-6Q8BB-V5H0T

#8410 Eddy898

Eddy898

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Skyrim and Dawnguard are in the top 20 sellers at only 33% off not a flash or daily deal.

I'm thinking a lot of people don't get how these Steam sales work.

#8411 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Picked up both KOTOR games. Couldn't pass them up at that price! I'm not sure how long it will take me to learn how to play them considering I don't play PC games a lot but I'll give it a try.

#8412 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

Skyrim and Dawnguard are in the top 20 sellers at only 33% off not a flash or daily deal.

I'm thinking a lot of people don't get how these Steam sales work.

It could be that.

And/or it could be that people don't care b/c it's bloody Skyrim. [shrug]

#8413 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I know I have mentioned already that you should get The Walking Dead game, but since I have just finished the last episode, I think it's OK to say it again: get it.

#8414 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Silverfall Complete Update:
The Download was 10 GB. The steam reported install size is 21034 MB (21GB) for the base game and 262 MB for the expansion.

#8415 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Picked up both KOTOR games. Couldn't pass them up at that price! I'm not sure how long it will take me to learn how to play them considering I don't play PC games a lot but I'll give it a try.

PC gaming is very complicated unless you are part of the supreme PC race.

#8416 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I simply cannot be bothered to keep up with everything but all the Capcom/Nyu localized games seem to be on clearance pricing and I like them quite a bit. Satazius, Exceed, etc.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#8417 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Why is 1 terabyte not enough space.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#8418 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

PC gaming is very complicated unless you are part of the supreme PC race.

:lol: I dunno why but I always had problems getting into PC games. There's too many buttons!

#8419 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Join date aside, you must be new here. You'll have to try a lot harder than that to lose game cred around this bunch.

Come up with a game where you plant flowers and have to care for them until they bloom and drop out puppies that poop more flower seeds and these guys will be lining up to buy it.

High five!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#8420 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Alan Wake Franchise had a price correction and is now $20. It stacks with the -50% Autumn Seal coupon, bringing the pack to $10.

I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. I won't play it soon, it's been -75% before, and the base game is bound to have a price decrease at some point. What's the possibility of another expansion/DLC?

#8421 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

a game where you plant flowers and have to care for them until they bloom and drop out puppies that poop more flower seeds

Oooh, what game is this?

#8422 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Alan Wake Franchise had a price correction and is now $20. It stacks with the -50% Autumn Seal coupon, bringing the pack to $10.

I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. I won't play it soon, it's been -75% before, and the base game is bound to have a price decrease at some point. What's the possibility of another expansion/DLC?

Zero.

#8423 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

For some reason I thought I had KOTORII but then realized it was added recently and wasn't willing to pay $10 for it. Just picked it up. There goes my goal of not buying any games and ignoring the sale. I won't buy much since I have so many games and don't even play on my PC much.

#8424 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

One more turn then I'll goto bed, 3 hours later still playing.

#8425 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

this is the cheapest xcom is gonna be right?

Will be $29.99 from Gamefly on Friday with their 20% coupons

#8426 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

I believe it was that price during the summer sale?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8427 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

While there are rumors that Alan Wake 2 is in development, AW1 is effectively finished.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8428 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I missed the early deals. Could someone let me in the know what steam had up for the earlier flash deals please?
Posted Image

#8429 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

They haven't changed.

#8430 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

I missed the early deals. Could someone let me in the know what steam had up for the earlier flash deals please?

You didn't miss them. They flip in 2 hours