Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9001 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Are there issues with Fallout: NV on PC?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#9002 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Other than the fact it uses the horrific Gamebryo engine; none that I'm aware of.

#9003 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Fallout NV is generally pretty buggy across all three platforms. It's probably the best overall simply for the fan patches though.

#9004 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Got Mass Effect 3 for the hubby. I would have gotten Diablo III, two copies. But it's really okay, so he and I are still playing Torchlight II (and Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Titan Quest...).

#9005 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Got Mass Effect 3 for the hubby. I would have gotten Diablo III, two copies. But it's really okay, so he and I are still playing Torchlight II (and Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Titan Quest...).

Meh diablo 3 will be fun for like a week then u will get bored. Torchlight 2 at least gave me a month of entertainment lol

#9006 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

no, it's awesome. i put in over 200 hours on new vegas ultimate on steam.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#9007 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Man... I'm always late. Would of liked to grab a couple of those games for that price.

#9008 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

MW3 PC is still in stock o.o
Either Microsoft has a ton of copies or no one wants it.

Edit: Oh nevermind, just went OOS

#9009 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

We're over 9000

WHAT OVER NINE THOUSAND!?

Also anyone know of any cheap places to get Far Cry 3? It is a Steamworks game... right?

Also anyone else disappointed that ARMA X is not @ 50% off?

Forget ARMA 2 - I need my nostalgia!

#9010 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Legacy of Kain games and the older Tomb Raiders all popped up in the registry recently, so we should see those soon. Likely the GOG versions, as the list matches up (ex, no Blood Omens, but Soul Reavers and Defiance are there like GOG has).

#9011 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Legacy of Kain games and the older Tomb Raiders all popped up in the registry recently, so we should see those soon. Likely the GOG versions, as the list matches up (ex, no Blood Omens, but Soul Reavers and Defiance are there like GOG has).

Seems like Steam is trying to take on GOG xD

And I suppose Greenlight was to take on Desura :D

#9012 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Warhammer II pack at $15 seems sort of high, to me. Cannot believe Steam has had nothing for me.

#9013 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I was a day one PC buyer for FO:NV, and I never had any of the issues that most people had (I even posted a review on steam - erikow). No CTDs, no AI/script issues, no wonky physics (not intended, at least...Gamebryo engine is not the greatest). After two years of official and unofficial patches, the game's still stable...although if you mod the hell out of it without proper load orders there could be issues.

As a HUGE fan of the original two games, this is pretty much the closest thing to an actual sequel done by most of the original team.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#9014 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Even at $10 I don't think I want Diablo 3.

D3 is easily worth $10.

The only thing I really dislike heavily about the game is I can basically NOT play the Campaign offline. That's the only thing NOT friendly for D3 for SP gamers.

Other than that always-online DRM bullcrap, it's actually the most-friendly Diablo for SP players b/c....
NPC's/followers talk to you and constantly make comments in-game while you're playing;
and the new voice-acted Lore gives you tons of info to read and listen to (when you find certain objects in-game; and when you kill a certain enemy-type for the first time; make your way to a certain area; etc).

#9015 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Nah I just have a lot of disdain for Blizzard. I got a hundred or so hours out of TL2 a couple months ago -- gave me relatively the same experience without all the D3 negatives.

Hard to take that serious when you say you haven't played D3 yet though.... though I get your point.

#9016 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

UK CAGs can pick up Skyrim for £14.99 over at GreenManGaming.

If you use the code GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q it drops to £11.25. That's, what, 68% off? It's good enough for me.

Glad I resisted the temptation to jump in on Steam's daily :)

#9017 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Anyone know if the Dawn of War 2 complete pack includes all the DLC for Retribution or not? Will likely be the deciding factor in my purchase

#9018 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for Skyrim Microsoft.

Skylanders and Old Republic CE with the friggin statue are $9.99. I know it's not Steam but crazy deal is a crazy deal.

Diablo III is back to the crazy Toys R Us $10 price too.

Oh and all of these have free shipping.

OMG @ SWTOR CE at $10 and it's OOS. :(
What an amazing deal that would've been.
Oh well...

#9019 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Meh diablo 3 will be fun for like a week then u will get bored. Torchlight 2 at least gave me a month of entertainment lol

Agreed - I played D3 for about eight hours and realized it wasn't all that great. Torchlight 2 is a MUCH better game.
Posted Image

#9020 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

All highly regarded. 1 and 2 always seem to get the most love, but the pack is a solid deal.

Absolutely.

About Thief 1 and 2; and also System Shock 2 - they were, in the old days, a pain to run properly on modern OS's (i.e. Win XP and above) b/c of the way Dark Engine was built.
This was completely fixed by someone MAJORLY, recently - so make sure you get the LATEST Unofficial Patches, which basically let modern PC's run the game w/out any sort of issues. Someone basically REMADE the entire Dark Engine for modern OS's and all of its numerous problems.

Thief 1 -> TFFix Patch (includes Engine Core from Thief 2's Patch 1.19)
Thief 2 -> Patch 1.19
System Shock 2 -> Patch 2.4

#9021 zaishade

zaishade

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Wow, MS has/had some really good prices. Gonna keep an eye on it next time.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Fallout NV: Ultimate Edition
Witcher 2
Others at fairly competitive prices, especially considering these are boxed versions.

They've still got some decent stock left but I think I'm done buying for a long while. Or so I say as I refresh Steam's front page.

#9022 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Completely OT, but has anyone else noticed the colors in the newer Microsoft "window pane" logo appear to be exactly the same as in the new eBay logo? Or maybe it's just my monitor settings...?

#9023 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Great price on Deadlight, I bought it on Xbox for 15 and I like it alot. Fly'n is on sale now for $6.69 any chance of a flash deal for this indie game?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9024 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

UK CAGs can pick up Skyrim for £14.99 over at GreenManGaming.

If you use the code GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q it drops to £11.25. That's, what, 68% off? It's good enough for me.

Glad I resisted the temptation to jump in on Steam's daily :)

In the UK it was £10 two days ago at Impulsedriven, which was a great price until yesterday's £8 at Gamefly. ;)

#9025 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Figures... Microsoft would finally do something right (great deals on games) and then they'd run out of stock instantly and irritate everyone all over again.

76561197971332172.png

#9026 eagles5769

eagles5769

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thinking about picking up Dawnguard for $10 and Max Payne for $15? Worth it to go for it now? I doubt they would get much cheaper for the Christmas sale.

#9027 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thinking about picking up Dawnguard for $10 and Max Payne for $15? Worth it to go for it now? I doubt they would get much cheaper for the Christmas sale.

Might get a few dollars cheaper, if that, but if you're gonna play them now...why wait? Go for it if the price is right for you, and if you're not just going to stick it in your backlog.

#9028 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Agreed - I played D3 for about eight hours and realized it wasn't all that great. Torchlight 2 is a MUCH better game.

I thought D3 was quite fun, but the finding yourself lagging while playing a single player game drives me batty! The mobs seem to spawn from the server just like it was an online MMoG, and you'll occasionally find yourself running and then rubberband back a little. All the normal MMoG issues.

Why they decided that they would require that is beyond me, but it really ruins the experience as a single player game.

Edited by Necrotron, 24 November 2012 - 04:12 PM.
Pre-coffee typos

#9029 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

You can get Max Payne 3 for $11.86 at GamersGate with the 5% off G2PO coupon code. Not Steam activated though if that's important to you.

#9030 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Anyone know if the Dawn of War 2 complete pack includes all the DLC for Retribution or not? Will likely be the deciding factor in my purchase

It does not. The Dawn of War Franchise pack, which oddly is only available for Germany out the moment, has everything, all DLC and DOW I games.

http://store.steampo...30_150_42&cc=de

They will probably bring it back and run it as a flash/daily on the Winter Sale.