Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9061 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Where did you see it was proposed to be in the bundle?

http://indiestatik.c...r-shock-bundle/

#9062 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Why is Shogun only 66% when it's been 75% off a bunch of times already.

#9063 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

To buy or not to buy chivalry...

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#9064 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Mark of the Ninja is the best stealth game this year and definitely worthy of sitting on your shelf next to Thief 1 and 2. It is absolutely phenomenal and I cannot praise it enough.

And yes, I loved Dishonored and am enjoying Hitman Absolution but MotN kicks the crap out of both games in the stealth field.

For what it's worth, HA has too much stealth and it's just not as good as Dishonored, but the shooting is excellent and there's still some of the old Hitman charm.

Also, Hotline Miami is tremendous fun. Easily worth $5.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#9065 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

http://indiestatik.c...r-shock-bundle/

I meant from the source itself. When he posted it to reddit there was no indication Hotline Miami was included.

76561198014930049.png

#9066 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Because this is just a baby sale. You'll probably see it 75% again during the winter sale.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#9067 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Edit: Full

#9068 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Everyone, buy mark of the ninja
it is amazing!!

#9069 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, it's a superb stealth game.

#9070 gamer5389

gamer5389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

How is Mark of the Ninja with a mouse and keyboard? I don't have a controller for my computer.

#9071 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I meant from the source itself. When he posted it to reddit there was no indication Hotline Miami was included.

I'm not sure if there is any other source, it's hard as it is to find info about the guy running the bundle to begin with. Where's the reddit post?

#9072 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

For all that Mark of the Ninja has been discussed in this thread, today marked the first time I've bothered to click through and look at it. Fast-paced 2D with platforming action? This does look good!

But I won't play it before the Winter Sale, so I'm going to hold off. I'm committed to playing Deponia before it's any cheaper now that I've bought it.

#9073 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

One more vote for Mark of the Ninja. A treat for stealth fans.

#9074 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm not sure if there is any other source, it's hard as it is to find info about the guy running the bundle to begin with. Where's the reddit post?

I'd have to dig but he mentioned like ~3-4 hours after posting that he wouldn't be including his own game so it was all quite confusing. All he posted was the short list and the link which was just the countdown page.

I am pretty damn sure it was just speculation that the Hotline Miami dev might join in but at the same time he's also doing something for that Kickstarter bundle as well. I think there was a lot of miscommunication regarding who was in and who wasn't.

76561198014930049.png

#9075 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Goddamn it, I bought chivalry during the flash sale.

Oh well. In for hotline Miami, borderlands, and MotN!

shoopbadoop.png

#9076 gorilladust

gorilladust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Deus Ex Bundle
$21.94 Price of individual games
$26.99 Bundle cost

May be a price error but the bundle is more expensive.

#9077 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Redbox game rentals:

JRRDQ7HX

TXJT6JG2

M7X32WT2

D5N3G2DW

TGJZDH25

VRXMTZTK

MARS

#9078 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

It does not. The Dawn of War Franchise pack, which oddly is only available for Germany out the moment, has everything, all DLC and DOW I games.

http://store.steampo...30_150_42&cc=de

They will probably bring it back and run it as a flash/daily on the Winter Sale.

That sucks. So it was on the US store in the past but is no longer?

I supposed I could wait, but I'd hate to do so and have it be the same deal during the Winter Sale, or none at all

#9079 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Picked up Mark of the Ninja (been waiting for it to drop on XBL, but this works fine since I can use my 360 controller here too) and hoping to get in on a Borderlands 4-pack. Been waiting for Borderlands to drop below $25

#9080 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wow, I am completely shocked BL2 went to 50% off. My buddies and I all grabbed the game from Amazon since we figured it would only go to 33% off if it made it to a daily deal. Could have saved an extra $10 or so each if we had just got a 4 pack lol.

Regardless, it's a very fun game, so anyone on the fence should jump on it, especially at this price. Don't forget to get the DLC for cheap at Green Man Gaming, unless that sale is over!

#9081 rirath

rirath

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Holding off on MotN 'til at least winter, though it does look fun. Still haven't played a single DoW game, but I'd rather pick up a franchise pack when I do.

I'm as surprised as anyone Borderlands 2 is this cheap already, but pretty sure I'll wait for the GOTY. I mean, the Season Pass is another $30, which in my mind says "This is really still a $60 game, sold in two parts." I'm not anti-dlc, but it seems to me unless you buy the Season Pass, you're not buying the full game. Perhaps that's not entirely fair to the devs, I'll admit, but the perception is there.

#9082 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I have Dawnguard, Hotline Miami, and Mark of the Ninja in my cart. At 50% off these I can't justify getting them all. I won't be able to play everything before the winter sale. Help me decide!
Posted Image

#9083 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

That sucks. So it was on the US store in the past but is no longer?

I supposed I could wait, but I'd hate to do so and have it be the same deal during the Winter Sale, or none at all

The full DoW franchise pack was a deal in the summer sale yes. A lot of those bigger packs only show up on the big sales.

Unless THQ completely goes out of business or something then it's highly likely to return in the winter sale.

#9084 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Wish Borderlands 2 season pass was at least 33% off. 50% was my target.

What are the chances Mark of the Ninja will hit 5 dollars on the winter sale? I made the mistake of playing the demo and now I need to play some more but 7.50 feels a bit high.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#9085 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

In the UK it was £10 two days ago at Impulsedriven, which was a great price until yesterday's £8 at Gamefly. ;)

In the words of 80s songsters The Bangles, Where Were You When I Needed You?

Still, only three quid difference. Phew :)

#9086 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have Dawnguard, Hotline Miami, and Mark of the Ninja in my cart. At 50% off these I can't justify getting them all. I won't be able to play everything before the winter sale. Help me decide!

if you're getting just one, mark of the ninja would be my pick, since dawguard is just more skyrim, which is good but a different game is always welcome, if you're getting 2 than dawnguard and mark of the ninja, i just cant say enough of how amazing mark of the ninja is

#9087 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

The full DoW franchise pack was a deal in the summer sale yes. A lot of those bigger packs only show up on the big sales.

Unless THQ completely goes out of business or something then it's highly likely to return in the winter sale.

Cool, thanks for that. I might just buy the three now and get the DLC later, if at all. Reading online it seems most of it is unecessary anyways

#9088 sirile

sirile

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Because this is just a baby sale. You'll probably see it 75% again during the winter sale.

Luckily for me, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection is 75%. =)
Edit: Total War Battles: Shogun also. Miam...

Edited by sirile, 24 November 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#9089 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hmmm, Hotline Miami is tempting as a flash deal for $5, but I'll hold off for now in case it's a legit deal this week.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#9090 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

Childish CAGbino

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Mark of the Ninja for me. I already got Hotline Miami and Borderlands ahead of time.
Posted Image