Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9241 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

BGCQs

#9242 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Just noticed that Crusader Kings II Sunset Invasion DLC is $1.24 at Gamestop.

Any Paradox fans here? Good buy?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9243 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Witcher 2 is currently 60% off at Gamersgate for $11.98, worth checking out.
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#9244 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Witcher 2 is currently 60% off at Gamersgate for $11.98, worth checking out.

Link for the above, it should be noted that it's a DRM Free version.
http://www.gamersgat...nhanced-edition

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#9245 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Bought the Mount & Blade... the Napoleonic thing is worth the $8 by itself. Hilarious.

#9246 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

For anyone who got Hotline Miami for $5 and kept a copy for their inventory, can I buy it off of you for that price? I've got Paypal. Please PM me if you have a spare copy to sell.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

#9247 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I ignored the Silverfall talk before, thinking it was some other series I didn't care about. Then I remembered that I bought the expansion (only) on D2D a couple years ago before Gamefly bought them - I think it was when they had some crazy coupon stacking and I got it for a dollar or two. Now you have me thinking I should complete the set.

Grabbed Galactic Civ 2 Ultimate and will probably get Mark of the Ninja before it expires. Started playing Deadlight tonight and while I love the visuals and the weirdness of the vague story, it can be frustrating in parts and it turns out there are plenty of Limbo-esque "why did I just die?" moments.
Posted Image

#9248 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

That's b/c the Silverfall (original) game had a lot of user UI issues, camera issues, and technical performances issues out-the-box, when the game was originally reviewed most places. It got dinged a lot of places hard b/c of that.

Silverfall did give the player often choices in most quests - even in a loot-driven heavy ARPG. Often, these choices - they'd also effect your Technology vs. Nature meter - and that Meter would decide also what other skills you could learn (and not learn). Also, at its time - it was cel-shaded and looked really good, but most systems ran in poorly.

Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) never officially hit the USA at Retail, as well. So, Earth Awakening was not reviewed much in the States, as well. Finding it was NOT easy - as often you had to look to Import places like Gogamer back then, to find it. Atari had the USA rights for distributing everything Silverfall at Retail - and they didn't opt for the expansion here.

IMHO, Silverfall was good even w/ its major issues, but Earth Awakening (which fixed basically most of the complaints I had w/ the game) FINALLY made the game great & live up to its potential.

Silverfall + Earth Awakening eventually wound-up in the digital space - and well, it wasn't put on sale often there. I think that's why people are looking for it b/c the expansion was once VERY hard-to-find.

Also, Monte Cristo Game Studios closed its doors in 2010.

So do the changes in Earth Awakening only apply to that game or do they take effect in the original as well? I bought Silverfall for a few bucks back when Circuit City went out but I haven't really played it. You guys have got me thinking about getting the expansion and giving it another shot.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9249 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

So do the changes in Earth Awakening only apply to that game or do they take effect in the original as well? I bought Silverfall for a few bucks back when Circuit City went out but I haven't really played it. You guys have got me thinking about getting the expansion and giving it another shot.

Read this:

About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

If you plan on playing original Silverfall...
MAKE SURE you have BOTH Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) and that you do install them TOGETHER right into the same game folder.
Earth Awakening fixes so many technical issues w/ performance improvements; and has a lot of UI and camera fixes and improvements (which is for both games), it ain't even funny.
They (Monte Cristo Game Studios) NEVER patched all of that stuff into the original Silverfall game alone.
You NEED Earth Awakening for all the UI and camera improvements for the Original game!
BTW, RIP, Monte Cristo Game Studios!

If you only install the original Silverfall - you'll be missing out on tons of UI and camera improvements that only Earth Awakening gives you that it ain't even funny....
As someone who played Silverfall (original) before Earth Awakening came out, I'm telling you - the differences and improvements are like day and night here.

Earth Awakening is a stand-alone expansion, so you could always play that alone w/out installing Silverfall (original).
You'd have all of the UI fixes, camera fixes, and all of that stuff - b/c that stuff just comes w/ Earth Awakening period.

EDIT - Nov. 18, 2012:
You can read some of my thoughts that I wrote years ago on Silverfall + Earth Awakening...

Silverfall (original) [before Earth Awakening was released]:
Part 1.
Part 2.

Silverfall: Earth Awakening:
Part 1.
Part 2.

#9250 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Whoops, didn't go that far back. Long night at work...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9251 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Whoops, didn't go that far back. Long night at work...

No worries =) It was actually in the GG thread, but linked here a few times over the steam sale.

#9252 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Metro 2033 $4.99
Bioshock 2 $4.99
Doom 3 BFG $14.99 (which apparently includes Doom 1 and 2, which I was unaware of)

Hah!/Blah!

#9253 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm interested in the valve complete pack has it ever been too much lower in price than it is right now? Should I go ahead and get it? Also what if you own like 2 or 3 games already from this pack do you get extra keys/do they go in your inventory to trade? Also where is the Super id Software Pack and is it coming back?

#9254 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm interested in the valve complete pack has it ever been too much lower in price than it is right now? Should I go ahead and get it? Also what if you own like 2 or 3 games already from this pack do you get extra keys/do they go in your inventory to trade? Also where is the Super id Software Pack and is it coming back?

No pack on Steam will give you extra copies if you own the game.

#9255 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Metro 2033 $4.99
Bioshock 2 $4.99
Doom 3 BFG $14.99 (which apparently includes Doom 1 and 2, which I was unaware of)

Hah!/Blah!

Doom 3 BFG is $11.25 at Green Man Gaming after a 25% off voucher.

Edited by Killbomb, 25 November 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9256 nbuubu

nbuubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Bought some random DLC and Darksiders 2 ... and Mark of the Ninja, which is the find of the sale for me. Crazy fun and well designed. Love it.

#9257 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I probably won't add much to my cart at day's end. Winter sale is coming, after all.

Probably will get Blueberry Garden, Lume. Maybe Mahjong Quest and Jewel Quest packs. Wings of Prey for husband.

#9258 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Bioshock 1 and 2 as a pack were five dollars at Amazon and activate on steam (and might still be I didn't check) so there's no point in buying just 2.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9259 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Mark of the Ninja is $7.49...I already have too many Steam games I haven't played, so should I wait until it goes on sale again during the Winter Sale?

#9260 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Anyone else notice that the Trine complete collection is actually a dollar more than it would cost to buy the games by themselves?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9261 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Mark of the Ninja is $7.49...I already have too many Steam games I haven't played, so should I wait until it goes on sale again during the Winter Sale?

Wondering the same thing. Enjoyed the demo on 360 so I might just get it now and play it right away so I won't be upset if it hits 75% off during the Winter sale. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9262 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Metro 2033 $4.99
Bioshock 2 $4.99

Haven't we reached the point yet where Metro 2033 and Bioshock just come bundled with Windows? :D

#9263 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sort of random. Anyone else's wishlist at the top right showing 0 games? If I click it, I see my whole wishlist, anyway.

#9264 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

On the "it's casual" front, 7 Wonders games are $3.39(-66%) ea. My Wife gets tons of mileage from these games and is really enjoing the new one, 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover. They really did a big makeover and it looks/plays great. Also "a new and exciting material – Alien Energy!"

#9265 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sort of random. Anyone else's wishlist at the top right showing 0 games? If I click it, I see my whole wishlist, anyway.

Same here.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9266 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

When I'm playing the demo I feel like the camera is stuttering all the time and I just can't look at the screen for too long. Could this be one of the issues that you are talking about? Am I just imagining things?

Pretty much, yep. Stutters, slowdowns, crazy framerates drops all of sudden, game running in single digits - these were all nasty in the original Silverfall demo and full game - especially if you tried cranking the game-settings up like the Resolution and other graphical bells & whistles (like Shadows). Back then w/ the original Silverfall, you had to drop a lot of the graphical stuff down and res' down to keep it running decently. That's not even getting into the mediocre UI and the locked camera.

Earth Awakening fixed ALL of these issues. They reworked the whole entire engine, UI, and camera (they unlocked) all in Earth Awakening. Since they didn't plan to implement all of these fixes for the original game, that really hurt them, I think. It's sad Atari never opted to sell the expansion alone and/or repackage the game to sell it w/ Original Game + Expansion together in one pack. I can kind of understand Atari's point, since the game didn't sell well and was reviewed poorly - b/c likely the expansion probably wouldn't sell well, either. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Atari made Monte Cristo kick it out-the-door onto the market too soon, as well - to try to capitalize on the major successes many games in the loot-driven ARPG genre. And/or with Monte Cristo, it wouldn't surprised me that Monte agreed to a release date and had such big scope for the game, that they couldn't get the technical stuff down properly by the time the game got its original release - a lot of times, these publishers don't budge much on release dates for a game if you agree to one, unless you're a big name or got a huge reputation the size of say Irrational Games Boston or Id Software.

Edited by MysterD, 25 November 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#9267 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Same here.

Good to know.

#9268 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

any idea if today is just going to be a best sellers recap day, or if there will be new deals on top of yesterdays deals AND the best sellers? (sounds like too many deals on one page..)

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#9269 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

How's the online in F1 2012? Is it active? I've been watching some videos, and the game looks awesome.

#9270 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

any idea if today is just going to be a best sellers recap day, or if there will be new deals on top of yesterdays deals AND the best sellers? (sounds like too many deals on one page..)

I would bet it's new deals. The major sales, like the upcoming winter sale (?), are the ones that have had recaps in the past.