Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9331 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

It's not shown on the front page, but Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is listed as a daily deal at 75% off ($7.49) for the next 48 hours (was previously only 50% off).

Edit:
Looks like all Batman games are 75% off:

Lego Batman: $4.99
Arkham Asylum: $4.99

#9332 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

doesn't the banner say new deals through the 26th though.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#9333 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

If you haven't played it and don't buy Arkham City GotY for 7.50... I don't even know what to say.

Securom DRM. If it was just Windows Live I'd be all over it, but I can't see paying *anything* for a game I can only play three times.

#9334 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

ughhh to get midevil chiv or not.... I think i'm gonna pull the trigger >.<

#9335 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Why is Batman AA GOTY region locked? I can't see it in my Steam Store here in South America T_T. If someone else buy it for me will I be able to play?

#9336 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Is there anyway to split the DLC from Batman AC? I already own the base game.

fs_overall.png

#9337 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

And you should grab TL2 at this price, so far i have more than 50 hours on it and still enjoying it, it's a fantastic game and my candidate for the GOTY. Sonic Generations it's awesome!

Tretton.png

#9338 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Is there anyway to split the DLC from Batman AC? I already own the base game.

Yes

#9339 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you haven't played it and don't buy Arkham City GotY for 7.50... I don't even know what to say.

LOL
Never played it, never will. Didn't like the demo for AA so I didn't buy it or AC. Also couldn't give two shits about batman. Haven't even bothered to see the last movie. Probably won't ever see it.

Edited by Blaster man, 25 November 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#9340 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

so this securom thing sounds like I don't want arkham city?

#9341 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

$7.50 was the sweet spot I was waiting on for Arkham City. Glad I saved 2.50 at the Microsoft store.

#9342 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

And if anyone is interested in Orcs Must Die 2 for $5, let me know. I'd like to get the 2-pack for $9.99 and save some money.

Edit: Gone

Edited by wuxbustah8, 25 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

fs_overall.png

#9343 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Okay, so here is the thing. I bought AC vanilla a few months ago (non steam version) so is it worth buying AC GOTY on Steam for $7.50. I know I will get a couple of pieces of DLC extra for the money, but does it have any Steam achievements or anything else to make it worth the purchase, or should I stick to the vanilla non steam version of AC?
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#9344 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hmmz should I buy Batman Arkham City GOTY, or just the Harley Quinn DLC (the DLC total exceeds the price of the GOTY by $0.45).

#9345 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yes

I knew I could buy all of the DLC separate for 7.95, but I wasn't sure if when you bought the GOTY it would be for everything or I could gift the base game.

fs_overall.png

#9346 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Okay, so here is the thing. I bought AC vanilla a few months ago (non steam version) so is it worth buying AC GOTY on Steam for $7.50. I know I will get a couple of pieces of DLC extra for the money, but does it have any Steam achievements or anything else to make it worth the purchase, or should I stick to the vanilla non steam version of AC?

The Steam version of Arkham City does have Steam achievements. Most of the DLC is just the challenge levels or the costumes. Harley Quinn's Revenge is the only story-based DLC, though I've heard it's fairly short.

#9347 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I knew I could buy all of the DLC separate for 7.95, but I wasn't sure if when you bought the GOTY it would be for everything or I could gift the base game.

If you buy the GotY, you're going to get the full game with all the DLC included. There will be nothing to gift separately.

#9348 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

MysterD has moved at least 50 copies of Silverfall. They need to give you a cut.

#9349 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Anyone buying or bought Torchlight II 4-Pack. Im in for an open spot if so.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#9350 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm going to pick up Orcs Must Die 2. Should I get the first one as well or are they too similar?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9351 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I own torchlight but really couldn't get into it. Is 2 a lot better? The first one felt very dated and repetitive to me.

Maybe it's me, but I felt like Torchlight II started off faster and better than the first one. I was getting great loot drops, enemies were immediately more varied, I ran into bosses faster, more "mini quests", the character skills seemed more varied, etc.

Relative to Diablo III, the loot in TLII was generally better, as if I had items that made more of a difference early on. I think having the pet feature in the TL games helps: yes, you get a lot of junk but it's SO easy to sell mid-game because you just give the junk to your pet to auto-sell back in town as you continue on.

I'll be honest and say right now that the story threads are better than the original TL, but even then I'm skipping over text all the time. I honestly couldn't care less because this game is really all about the action, looting, skilling (heh), and feeling awesome rather than trying to be Baldurs Gate Lite story-wise.

So, to answer your original question, I'd say that if you aren't a fan of the classic style of this kind of game, there might not be something that'll make you click that will immediately win you over. I will say that the price for it right now is still great and worth giving a try at least. I'm personally a fan of these kinds of games (loved Titan Quest Gold, Sacred Gold, Shadowflare, the Baldurs Gate games on PS2/NGC/GBA, Shining Soul II, Phantasy Star Online, the Amaze Lord of the Rings games on the GBA, and many more).

#9352 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

And there's TL2 for $10 or $7.5 in a four-pack. Also in before that Boba Fett guy goes BAWWWWW I want it for $5.

I do want it at $5, so I'll be waiting. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#9353 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm going to pick up Orcs Must Die 2. Should I get the first one as well or are they too similar?

They're pretty much the same game. OMD1 has different levels (that you can play in OMD2 if you also own OMD1) but you can live without those, imo.

#9354 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

MysterD has moved at least 50 copies of Silverfall. They need to give you a cut.

I second that!

#9355 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

I do want it at $5, so I'll be waiting. ;)

I know, breh, that $5 extra can get you a WoW pet! :lol:

#9356 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Biggest day of the sale for me, as I'm sure it is for many others:

- TL2 and Orcs Must Die 2 Complete both finally hit my price
- Snapped up some Quantum Conundrum DLC. Haven't played the base game yet and why not get the DLC for less than the price of a beverage?

I remain on the fence regarding Mark of the Ninja. I know I want it but do I chance no sale price for the Winter Sale? Seems likely that it would at worst return for the same price.

I have my finger on the Hotline Miami trigger...but its going to be in a bundle...it almost was apparently yesterday too. Just wait.....stand fast and you will be rewarded

Hotline Miami has been getting a lot of love in this thread. I can see why, but I also wish I'd just picked it up for half of what I'd paid.

It's quirky, at times riveting, and it generates a lot of tense moments. But I think I'm just about over the whole "retro" feel that seems to be popular in Indie games these days. It's become trite and not at all hip in my opinion. Use a real font instead of that blocky crap. Spend more than a minute painting those backgrounds. I recognize that it's being used as a "style", but it just feels more like a shortcut than anything.

The gameplay is good - kind of like a strategic game of Loaded. But so far it's fairly one dimensional.

I recommend buying it, but in a bundle or at $2.50 or less.

76561197971332172.png

#9357 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm finally going to be making another purchase from this sale. I bought KoTOR II when it was a flash sale on day 1, and today I'll be getting both Orcs Must Die 2 and Torchlight 2.

#9358 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

They're pretty much the same game. OMD1 has different levels (that you can play in OMD2 if you also own OMD1) but you can live without those, imo.

Ok, thanks. I think I'll get my fill with just 2 then.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9359 kitara91

kitara91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Biggest day of the sale for me, as I'm sure it is for many others:

- TL2 and Orcs Must Die 2 Complete both finally hit my price
- Snapped up some Quantum Conundrum DLC. Haven't played the base game yet and why not get the DLC for less than the price of a beverage?

I remain on the fence regarding Mark of the Ninja. I know I want it but do I chance no sale price for the Winter Sale? Seems likely that it would at worst return for the same price.

same for me. picked up OMD2 and QC DLC. Mark of the ninja and TL2 I won't have time to play soon so gonna wait for winter sale

#9360 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I don't regret preordering OMD2 in a two pack bundle with a 20% preorder discount but man... when these sales roll around~ Especially since it would cost me another $4 for the DLC (which I'm probably just going to skip for now).

Fortunately TL2 and OMD2 are the only two games I've preordered in the last... well... ever.