Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9481 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Question on Arkham city, does the securom for it install anything onto your computer? and when uninstalled does it leave anything behind or is it completely removed? I only ask cause on a previous Securom game I've gotten in the past (didn't know it had it at the time). I had a little trouble removing all of it from my system.

#9482 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

SubSoap should be concerned with releasing games instead of bundles that promise games. The last time I checked my SS account, there was only one playable demo of a game. After seven months, you'd think they'd be making better progress.

Yeah. Kramer is a nice guy and all but I really don't get the point of this thing. He only has one actual released game, one playable beta (a remake of the first game), and another of a different game. Then a couple of in development stuff with no betas as of yet. What could he possibly put in this bundle?

#9483 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Yeah. Kramer is a nice guy and all but I really don't get the point of this thing. He only has one actual released game, one playable beta (a remake of the first game), and another of a different game. Then a couple of in development stuff with no betas as of yet. What could he possibly put in this bundle?

Promises.

Promises that I don't have a lot of faith in them keeping because I still haven't gotten my Infinity bundle. If I had actually paid money for that bundle, I'd be pissed. But it's kinda hard to get too worked up over not getting something that was gonna be given to me for free.

#9484 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Can Mark of the Ninja run fine with Intel HD 3000 gpu? Will it at least look as good as it does on 360?

#9485 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Borderlands 1 GOTY is very much worth playing (well for singleplayer at least), and a good way to wait for real BL2 price drops.

And note that it isn't necessary to play BL to understand what's happening in BL2... but it sure adds a lot. The recurring characters and glimpses of familiar faces is awesome.

Sonic Generations worth the $8? Honestly, I haven't played a Sonic game since the Genesis.

If you like Sonic, or platformers in general, then absolutely. It's a well-crafted game. It looks great, sounds great, and plays great. Lots of content too.

76561197971332172.png

#9486 Spoon_si

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Can Mark of the Ninja run fine with Intel HD 3000 gpu? Will it at least look as good as it does on 360?

I would say yes, but what important is what process you have on?
Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=213284
Updated: 02-03-09

Posted Image

#9487 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Promises.

Promises that I don't have a lot of faith in them keeping because I still haven't gotten my Infinity bundle. If I had actually paid money for that bundle, I'd be pissed. But it's kinda hard to get too worked up over not getting something that was gonna be given to me for free.

The Subsoap account signup has been up for a few months now: https://account.subsoap.com/

That said, I agree, and I'm not willing to support this new bundle until there's been some progress made on his other games and some actual releases.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9488 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

i've got a serious dilema going on

mark of the ninja
dragon age ultimate
sonic generation
arkham city goty
torchlight 2

that is way to many games to buy all of them right?
so which do I buy?

#9489 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

mark of the ninja
dragon age ultimate
sonic generation
arkham city goty
torchlight 2

so which do I buy?

I'd go Arkham City GOTY for $7.50.
Followed by either TL2 or DA:U

& good looks on the Borderlands thoughts

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#9490 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

mark of the ninja
dragon age ultimate
sonic generation
arkham city goty
torchlight 2

so which do I buy?

I would say Arkham City then Sonic. Only because I have played them and they both are great games. I myself keep eyeing TL2. I just don't know if I will get into it. Couldn't get into TL1.

#9491 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

mark of the ninja
dragon age ultimate
sonic generation
arkham city goty
torchlight 2

so which do I buy?

Drop the games that aren't 75% off, winter sale is only a few weeks away and they'll be at least their current discount then.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9492 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

i already played and platinumed arkham city on ps3 but it IS cheaper than just the harley quin DLC on ps3

#9493 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Drop the games that aren't 75% off, winter sale is only a few weeks away and they'll be at least their current discount then.

thats what I was thinking
but what about dragon age origins ultimate for 70% off?

#9494 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

arkham asylum

I hadn't noticed that Arkham Asylum used SECUROM. I already used up two of my machines -- one on an old computer that couldn't even run it. :cry:

#9495 JBaz

JBaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

They go on sale a lot, count on it being on the winter sale as well.
Posted Image

#9496 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Haven't seen anyone point it out this sale, but Faerie Solitaire is $1.24 or $2.49 for a 4-pack.
Spoiler
arkham city and arkham assylum from steam, even tho they are cheap($7.50 for arkham city goty) because they have some of the ugliest drm of any game:

5 machines and 10 installs per machine. if you upgrade your computer at all, chances are that you will not be able to access your batman games in 10 years(tho i guess at that point, i would just say go ahead and pirate them, you paid for them, if steam doesnt let you access your games because of install limits, then Fuck them).

but i would instead recommend just getting them for the xbox or ps3.[/QUOTE]

While pointing out restrictive DRM is quite helpful, making recommendations on it isn't -- otherwise the DRM-FREE fanatics would be threadcrapping all over. Batman AA and AC are both great games and and for $5 and $7.50 for the GOTY versions are good value even with the install limits. Not everyone has a PS3 or 360.

[quote name='tham1988']i've got a serious dilema going on

mark of the ninja
dragon age ultimate
sonic generation
arkham city goty
torchlight 2

so which do I buy?[/QUOTE]

I can personally vouch that Torchlight 2 and Batman AC have a lot of game play and probably won't pricedrop more for a while. DA is well regarded as well. Sonic Generations (I own) is a bit hit or miss imo -- my first encounter with 3D sonic was jarring, that said it's regarded as the best sonic since Sonic 3. Imo, Mark of the Ninja looks great, but it's only 50% off and should fall more soon.

#9497 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hmmm, now that I think about it, 75% off Krater is the main deal I think I am anticipating for Winter.

I went ahead and got the following this sale:

Zombie Driver HD (upgrade basically)
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete
Torchlight II
Legend of Grim Rock
Silverfall (got suckered into this one too :)
Dead Hungry Diner

Also, thoughts on Dead Hungry Diner - it's a cute and fun sort of time management game (I think that's what it is called).

Zombies come to eat brainberries at your restaurant/cemetery. You have to seat them, feed them, clean the table, rinse and repeat. You get some powerups you can use on stuff like delaying the zombies so they don't angry for waiting to be seated.

Nothing necessarily new or novel about the game, but fun enough if you enjoy the genre.

Edit:
And I went ahead and got Batman AC GOTY on PS3 for $15 from Target. Double what Steam charges, but no DRM BS and I can resell it once I am done and come out even.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9498 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

I would say Arkham City then Sonic. Only because I have played them and they both are great games. I myself keep eyeing TL2. I just don't know if I will get into it. Couldn't get into TL1.

TL1 didn't grab me, but TL2 got its hooks in good and fast. TL2 is much improved over the original.

#9499 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

DA:O UE was $5 last Summer Sale so I would wait since it will probably be that price during the Winter Sale as well.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#9500 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

DA:O UE was $5 last Summer Sale so I would wait since it will probably be that price during the Winter Sale as well.

o ok that sounds like a much better price
thank you

#9501 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

No, it was $7.49. I know because I bought it to help out a fellow CAG who couldn't buy it in their country.

#9502 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

so its looking like arkham city and sonic generations

what are the chances of a torchlight 2 4-pack being $20 during the winter sale?

#9503 nbuubu

nbuubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

mark of the ninja
dragon age ultimate
sonic generation
arkham city goty
torchlight 2

so which do I buy?

FWIW, I've played through all of those games, and they're all very different.

For me though, Mark of the Ninja is pretty damn outstanding. It's my most recent purchase but I've blasted through it, and I NEVER play games through that fast. Great game.

#9504 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

isnt dragon age origins also a like 100+ hour game too?

#9505 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hmmm, now that I think about it, 75% off Krater is the main deal I think I am anticipating for Winter.

I went ahead and got the following this sale:

Zombie Driver HD (upgrade basically)
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete
Torchlight II
Legend of Grim Rock
Silverfall (got suckered into this one too :)
Dead Hungry Diner

Also, thoughts on Dead Hungry Diner - it's a cute and fun sort of time management game (I think that's what it is called).

Zombies come to eat brainberries at your restaurant/cemetery. You have to seat them, feed them, clean the table, rinse and repeat. You get some powerups you can use on stuff like delaying the zombies so they don't angry for waiting to be seated.

Nothing necessarily new or novel about the game, but fun enough if you enjoy the genre.

Edit:
And I went ahead and got Batman AC GOTY on PS3 for $15 from Target. Double what Steam charges, but no DRM BS and I can resell it once I am done and come out even.

Zombie Driver....I want to pull the trigger on this game but its like screaming "Be Mine 9" at me.......HELP

#9506 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

No, it was $7.50. I know because I bought it to help out a fellow CAG who couldn't buy it in their country.

That is right, for some reason I thought it was $5 but $7.50 is still better than the current sale price.

I just remember buying it during the Summer Sale and normally I try not spend over $5 for a game on Steam unless it is one that I actually want to play.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#9507 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Zombie Driver....I want to pull the trigger on this game but its like screaming "Be Mine 9" at me.......HELP

The original has been around for years and never been in a bundle.

#9508 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

yeah i guess i didn't mention i have mark of the ninja on 360
i know its the best game on my list

#9509 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

It's a good game. I already played the original. The HD version upgrades everything and adds some new missions. Fun top down shooting car game. I think I paid $2 or $2.5 for the original so dropping another $2.50 for the HD doesn't hurt me much. It is an indie and could end up in a bundle. Not sure about who the dev is or what their history is with indie bundles. I know the original has been out for years with no bundles, but anything is possible.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9510 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

It's a good game. I already played the original. The HD version upgrades everything and adds some new missions. Fun top down shooting car game. I think I paid $2 or $2.5 for the original so dropping another $2.50 for the HD doesn't hurt me much. It is an indie and could end up in a bundle. Not sure about who the dev is or what their history is with indie bundles. I know the original has been out for years with no bundles, but anything is possible.

Hrmmmmm decisions...decisions...