Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9571 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Get the Steam version for the same price from Amazon and also receive a $5 coupon for their Editor's Choice games in January.

Yes, I was totally forgetting to say that. Awesome deal right there :)

#9572 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Looks like Tony Hawk is region free and translates to about $2.87 US on the Russian store, just checking it out. I wanted this game once, gonna pass for now.

#9573 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Maybe worth $2.87 if you're up for jumping into the .ini files and doing some tweaks. Almost certainly not worth $5, pretty much the epitome of bad console port.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9574 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Two words: Critter Crunch.

I second this. Such a great game. I've put in a little more than an hour and find the game quite addicting.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9575 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Does anyone have problems with certain games running on larger hard drives?

I got a 4TB External last month pretty much strictly for backups and games, and took me a while to figure out but some games just don't work unless I install them to my smaller WD 1TB, namely Just Cause 2 & Orcs Must Die 1.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#9576 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

People have mentioned Zeno Clash and The Witcher a lot (which I agree with). I also personally recommend:
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy $2.49

Agreed @ all of that.

EYE: Divine Cybermancy is one of the most bizarre and craziest FPS's/RPG genre-benders I've ever played.
It's like someone took some of Deus Ex, added in optional MP for good measure, huge environments, ability to hack others, ability for you to get hacked, secret society stuff, and anything else crazy and off-the-wall while they were at it.
Easily worth the $2.49

#9577 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

People have mentioned Zeno Clash and The Witcher a lot (which I agree with). I also personally recommend:
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy $2.49
Kung Fu Strike $2.49

I really enjoyed E.Y.E., but it took getting used to. But once I got the hang of it, it was great.

#9578 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Well then, Zeno Clash it is.

(Another $5 Amazon coupon is good anyways.)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9579 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Agreed @ all of that.

EYE: Divine Cybermancy is one of the most bizarre and craziest FPS's/RPG genre-benders I've ever played.
It's like someone took some of Deus Ex, added in optional MP for good measure, huge environments, ability to hack others, ability for you to get hacked, secret society stuff, and anything else crazy and off-the-wall while they were at it.

And a wacked-out translation.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9580 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

And a wacked-out translation.

Shhhh, I have a thing for bad translations. Hard Truck Apocalypse's translation literally makes the game 56.8% funner for me.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9581 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Gonna wait on Mark of the Ninja. While it looks awesome, I don't really get the pricing. 15$ seems a bit steep for the 6-7 hours. Plus the 50% is only sitting at 7.50$. I just don't think I want to pay so much for an XBLA level title. With 100 hours AAA's going for 25$ ( Mega MEGA games like Dishonored, Borderlands, and XCOM), 7.50$ for a shorter XBLA seems very pricey. I'm gonna wait till Winter and maybe even longer.

#9582 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Fairy Bloom Freesia and Ether Vapor Remaster and Satazius
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#9583 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Gonna wait on Mark of the Ninja. While it looks awesome, I don't really get the pricing. 15$ seems a bit steep for the 6-7 hours. Plus the 50% is only sitting at 7.50$. I just don't think I want to pay so much for an XBLA level title. With 100 hours AAA's going for 25$ ( Mega MEGA games like Dishonored, Borderlands, and XCOM), 7.50$ for a shorter XBLA seems very pricey. I'm gonna wait till Winter and maybe even longer.

Look at it this way, a $60 Game for 20-25 hours of QUALITY Content is a good value IMO. The Price of Mark of The Ninja(1/4 of a $60 game) falls in line.

Also, sometimes it's quality of quantity, I think Mark of The Ninja is 6 Hours of quality gaming. A game like Borderlands I think is very repetitive and has a lot of padded on game time.

Just one mans opinion.

#9584 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

I noticed shop.ubi.com is running flash sales. For the next 7 hours AC:R Gold is $8, the best price I've seen.

#9585 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

So Deus Ex HR (vanilla edition) has dropped to $3.75 on Impulse. Amazing. Only a little over a year old and it was a top seller.

#9586 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm on the same boat as you. The game intrigues me because I love stealth games but whats keeping me at arms length is that its an indie sidescroller (with an art style I think is meh). There are too many of those and even fewer ones that I felt were substantial and fun for more than an hour. Plus indie sidescrollers have the habit of getting cheap quickly or being part of bundles. Another knock on it for me is that its made by the people who made Shank and I hated that game.

I've heard a lot of good things about MotN but its not quite at the price point where I'd take a chance on it.

Also thanks for the opinions on EYE. I was on the fence about it but you guys convinced me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9587 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I noticed shop.ubi.com is running flash sales. For the next 7 hours AC:R Gold is $8, the best price I've seen.

FYI I don't think they allow you to redownload indefinitely, when you try to buy something they add an extra fee if you want ability to download it again for the next 2 years... unless I'm thinking of another publisher's store? I would avoid that store personally but it is a great price.

#9588 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

FYI I don't think they allow you to redownload indefinitely, when you try to buy something they add an extra fee if you want ability to download it again for the next 2 years... unless I'm thinking of another publisher's store? I would avoid that store personally but it is a great price.

Uplay revamped a few months back and dropped that bad/weird shit. It acts like Origin or Steam now.

#9589 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Uplay revamped a few months back and dropped that bad/weird shit. It acts like Origin or Steam now.

That's cool. I know that they have some frustrating aspects like the Uplay client doesn't have preload capability, but that wouldn't be an issue with already released games. I had some real problems with Uplay not patching always-on DRM out of Steam games but that also doesn't apply to buying games directly from them. I don't mind the client otherwise.

#9590 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

That's cool. I know that they have some frustrating aspects like the Uplay client doesn't have preload capability, but that wouldn't be an issue with already released games. I had some real problems with Uplay not patching always-on DRM out of Steam games but that also doesn't apply to buying games directly from them. I don't mind the client otherwise.

Really, which? The primary example of bad ubi DRM is Anno 2070. Always-Online was patched out of AC2/B/R quite a while back (never bought a title while it had the always online).

#9591 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I get that some people put a lot of stock in cost/hour, for some reason, but this seems incredibly unfair to one of the best reviewed downloadable games of the year. Comparing its discount to Black Friday deals....ok.
Posted Image

#9592 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Dishonored is four hours long.

Spoiler

#9593 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

That's cool how the Steam version of Alice: Madness Returns also shows up on Origin without doing anything

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#9594 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

That's cool how the Steam version of Alice: Madness Returns also shows up on Origin without doing anything

Or creepy/invasive.

#9595 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Or creepy/invasive.

Yeah I was confused at first but ultimately decided it was a positive lol

Posted Image

#9596 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

So today's the last day of new deals. Anybody buying much after or holding out for the winter sale?

#9597 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

So today's the last day of new deals. Anybody buying much after or holding out for the winter sale?

Just some Lucas Arts stuff....before Disney possibly yanks it from the store.

#9598 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I gotta say, the $8 I spent on Mount & Blade was so worth it. Installed Napoleonic Battles and got to fight in the centre in a 65 vs. 65 line battle.

#9599 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Lots of talk about Zeno Clash and E.Y.E. ... neither of those games clicked with me. Zeno Clash was just... weird and while the melee was reasonably well done I can't say that I really cared much about continuing after the first 46 minutes I played.

E.Y.E just seemed kinda dull. I honestly don't remember as much about it as I only played it for 52 minutes last year during the Winter Sale. It just didn't stand out in any way that made me want more.

I'm sure they both have fans (Zeno especially seems to always get hearty recommendations) but I'm not one. Maybe I do need to give them more time, but my backlog is large enough that if a game doesn't grab me right away I'm probably not going to stick with it. Oh yes, I fully intend to return later... but we all know how that goes.

76561197971332172.png

#9600 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Still debating over Mark of the Ninja and the Silverfall bundle. I have so much other stuff to play though that I could easily wait for 75% off on MotN. Only thing I've purchased from Steam so far this weekend is Zombie Driver HD.
Posted Image

Posted Image