Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9691 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Oh you guys. :imwithst:
Anyway, there's a bunch of crap over at Big Fish on sale for $2.99 if you enter the code CYBER. Most of it IS crap, but some is decent like 4 Elements II which is on Greenlight but oddly not on Steam yet.

It's good to see you again.

Here's an ironic giveaway, that Motoki can't even win:

Posted Image

Workin on it

#9692 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Legend of Grimrock looks hard. Hard like it will hurt my feelings and I'll never play the game after the first time. Thoughts?

It can be difficult sometimes, but also a lot of fun. For $3.74 even if you end up struggling with it I think you'll get your moneys worth out of it.

#9693 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Legend of Grimrock does have an easy difficulty setting but I have no idea what changes that makes.

edit: Nevermind, found it:

It can be difficult sometimes, but also a lot of fun. For $3.74 even if you end up struggling with it I think you'll get your moneys worth out of it.

Hm. Thanks to both of you. I'll consider it. I'm not leaping to get it, so I may just wait until the next time it's 75% off. Or in a bundle. ;)

#9694 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I think Steam is screwing with me. One of my coupons I went to use disappeared (and it didn't expire has awhile to go before that).

#9695 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Legend of Grimrock looks hard. Hard like it will hurt my feelings and I'll never play the game after the first time. Thoughts?

It's not too bad. I only played the first two areas (not floors) so far, which is like ~40% of the game, I think. Other than the first floor, when getting started, I didn't have much trouble.

I don't generally play this type of games, but I do play a lot of turn-based dungeon crawlers, from rogue-likes to Etrian Odyssey, etc.

#9696 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Civ III (I have IV & V, not sure why, other than it was $1), Unstoppable Gorg, Home)

Ah, Civ III. I was so excited when that title was in development. I spent $60 on a special edition pre-order in a special metal tin, only to get an incomplete game lacking promised features that wasn't fixed until the (certainly not free) expansion. I refused to give Sid Meier any money for any games for a long time after that and drastically cut back on buying PC games overall.

It may be time to grab the complete version cheap and try it as it should have been at release.

#9697 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

It's good to see you again.

Here's an ironic giveaway, that Motoki can't even win:

Posted Image

AWWWW! I already own that!

Posted Image

Spoiler

#9698 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

AWWWW! I already own that!

Posted Image

Spoiler

About time you got a blimmin' avatar! Avatarless CAGs scare me. It's like that episode of Doctor Who where nobody has a face. Even the milkman.

#9699 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Oh you guys. :imwithst:
Anyway, there's a bunch of crap over at Big Fish on sale for $2.99 if you enter the code CYBER. Most of it IS crap, but some is decent like 4 Elements II which is on Greenlight but oddly not on Steam yet.

Welcome back motoki, your absence was greatly missed.

Posted Image

#9700 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Why do I feel buying Witcher 2 for $7.50 is a trap for when it's lowered to $5 at Christmas?

#9701 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Wow I bought Witcher 2 for $16 during the summer sale and have yet to play it. Now it's $7.49?

FML

I'm in the same boat except I think I paid $30-40 about a year ago, never played it.

#9702 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm in the same boat except I think I paid $30-40 about a year ago, never played it.

I played around $30 for it earlier this year, haven't really touched it yet either. Makes me sad.

#9703 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Anybody recommend any of the DLC for Killing Floor?

Also, how do I become a member of the CAG Steam Group?

#9704 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

All the Killing Floor DLC is cosmetic... except maybe the gun pack.

#9705 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

The Witcher 2 is a steal at this price and it's definitely in my top 5 RPG experiences of all time. Just make sure to play it on Dark Mode.
(If you have a rig good enough to run this game on ultra its GORGEOUS, but this game is a beast def no intergrated graphics will run this thing.)

#9706 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I played around $30 for it earlier this year, haven't really touched it yet either. Makes me sad.

I really learned a few things from my experience buying stuff that I don't play and then suffering through these kinds of low prices... I'm trying to be smarter about my purchases now. Witcher 2 was one of my first 2 or 3 PC game purchases, I didn't know what I was doing. It was like 20% off so I thought it was a great deal.

#9707 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Never pay more than $10 for a game!

#9708 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm on the fence for Sniper Elite V2

Played the demo and loved it, game looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I don't know if it's worth $12.50 to me. I don't know, but it's got a bargain-bin kind of feel to it
Anyone think it could hit $7.50 or hopefully even $5 during the Winter sale?

Edited by DFogz, 26 November 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#9709 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Anybody recommend any of the DLC for Killing Floor?

Also, how do I become a member of the CAG Steam Group?

None of it matters except the weapon pack, but even that isn't worth buying unless you've already played the game a ton.

#9710 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Has witcher 2 ever been this low before? or is this the lowest?

#9711 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

LoG isn't all that hard. Mostly it's just paint by numbers dungeoneering. The thing is that the combat is some sort of weird real time grid movement hybrid so you can move while your attacks recharge.

This means a 2x2 square on the map is enough to render you unkillable against any single enemy.

It's a decent game but it bored me quickly.

#9712 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Has witcher 2 ever been this low before? or is this the lowest?

Lowest by at least five bucks as far as Steam is concerned.

#9713 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I would very much like to welcome Motoki back to the forums. The company here on the thread has been excellent, but it's nice to know one of the more generous and influential members has decided to rejoin the group.

#9714 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hey Motoki, are you a proponent of Big Fish crap? I've recently developed something of an obsession with Hidden Object games (...don't ask, I can't explain it) and I know they're basically the drug kingpin of those, but wading through their store looking for ones that aren't terrible is ridiculously frustrating.

I do like some of the hidden object and point and click stuff as cheesy as it may be but I agree with you that trying to figure out which ones you want in Big Fish or even Amazon's casual section when you are somewhat new to that genre is way overwhelming.

I might grab some of the Drawn games, I'll see. The first one is on Steam but pretty much never goes on sale.

That's an amazing avatar. I wish someone would make something like that for me ;)

I think a tropical gas mask guy has potential.

Motoki? *super massive major hug*

STAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I will. I used the Bridge Constructor Sim to build a bridge and get the hell over it. I missed you guys.

I probably won't be on here 24/7 like I used to be though because work is kind of crazy right now.

#9715 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I want to get Legend of Grimrock and Torchlight 2 since they're so cheap, but I know I won't put a lot of play time into them for a while to justify spending the money right now.. hmmm maybe I should wait for the Winter sale
Willing to trade: RAGE steam key, Brink steam key, Dota2 keys, Metro 2033 steam key.
Want: Xbox stuff, WoW time, any other offers.

#9716 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ah, Total War Shogun and Fall of the Samurai are back up in price from before. Should have pulled the trigger, but the timer on both said it would end sometime tonight and there was no mention it being the daily deal. :(
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#9717 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Never pay more than $10 for a game!

More like wait for Tony from Amazon to come up with some insanely cheap bundle.

#9718 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Any of the tropico dlc worth it?
Posted Image

#9719 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

I want to get Legend of Grimrock and Torchlight 2 since they're so cheap, but I know I won't put a lot of play time into them for a while to justify spending the money right now.. hmmm maybe I should wait for the Winter sale

Grimrock will eventually be in a Humble Bundle. TL2 will only get cheaper.

#9720 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I paid about $17 this summer (I think), but I was willing to pay to buy it then because I wanted to get the GoG backup copy as well.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info