Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9751 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Civ 3 is definitely not terrible. In some ways it is better than IV and certainly miles better than V.

#9752 sandycuz

sandycuz

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Do you guys think i should get Counter-Strike Complete for $9.99 or wait it out till the winter sale?

#9753 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

I concur with Mooby: Civ 3 is a fantastic game. That said, I prefer Civ 4 Complete to Civ 3.

I can't compare it to Civ 5... I've avoided Civ 5 after reading too many negative comments about the game.

#9754 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Not too much of a haul for me:

Steam:
Rock of Ages $2.39
Turba $1.24 (no clue, but I love Audiosurf, so...)
Fable $2.49

Amazon:
Paradox War Chest $7.49 (I've been waiting on Victoria II and Hearts of Iron 3, so this was perfect!)

Total $13.61

#9755 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I paid about $17 this summer (I think), but I was willing to pay to buy it then because I wanted to get the GoG backup copy as well.

I'm in the same boat.

So wait, there's one more set of flash deals rolling in 5-ish hours right? Then that's it and we are safe to buy anything that didn't make a flash or daily?

Assuming they don't pull a Jade Empire tomorrow, that is.

^_^ Welcome Back!
...and I kinda want Jade Empire as tomorrow's daily =D

#9756 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I'd really like to get GTA IV but I'm wondering if people still play this online, full servers.

#9757 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Ah, Total War Shogun and Fall of the Samurai are back up in price from before. Should have pulled the trigger

Fall of the Samurai is $7.50 on GamersGate or else both will definitely be on sale over Christmas.

I also felt the sting of that "great deal" unplayed Witcher 2 for $16.50 this summer. I'm making a push to (a) buy less stuff and (b) prioritize some of my recent AAA titles to the front so at least I'll have played them when they drop more.

And, on that note...

Blockland - Free (Hey, I'll count it in my haul!)
KOTOR 2 - $2.50 (Steam)
Call of Juarez - $2.50 (Steam)
Orcs Must Die:GOTY - $2.50 (GamersGate, inc. blue coin cashback)
FEAR bundle - $9 (Amazon)
Max Payne 3 - $9 (GG, inc bc cashback)
Dishonored - $18 (GG, inc bc cashback)

Total: $43.50

#9758 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Oooh, forgot Blockland. I enjoyed what I played out of that one a lot too.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9759 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'd really like to get GTA IV but I'm wondering if people still play this online, full servers.

I read this in a Lord Quas voice.

MARS

#9760 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

... Blockland - Free (Hey, I'll count it in my haul!)...

Oooh, forgot Blockland. I enjoyed what I played out of that one a lot too.

I'm so jelly...

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#9761 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

This was my first Autumn sale (I joined Steam around day 2 or 3 of the Winter Sale last year) and I wasn't really disappointed. My backlog makes it rare for me to purchase anything for more than $10, but I built up a pretty big Steam wallet from trade-ins to Gamestop. I grabbed a bunch of the cheap RPG's that were 75% off or $2.50.

Any thoughts on what will be in the last set of flash deals?

I was hoping for a Risen 2 package with a hefty discount because it seemed like the price was dropping like a rock, but I guess it was too close to the last time it was on sale. I'm gonna hold out for the Winter sale.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a better sale on the Divinity Anthology. Sure, the Divinity 2 Developer's Cut came out recently, but before then Divinity 2 had been in some pretty big sales. If it's not one of the last flash sales, I expect it'll get a good discount for the Winter Sale.

Workin on it

#9762 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Tempted for Witcher 2 at that price but I just bought it for $10 from that Microsoft sale...

#9763 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Was Civ 3 the one that was put on the back burner cause of Alpha Centauri?

#9764 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

I bought Civ 3 in the metal tin at release, installed it, played it once and never touched it again. I'm pretty sure I still have the discs and manual around here somewhere. It was a buggy slog at the time and I just couldn't give up Civ 2 for that mess.

#9765 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Cheapest Steam sale for me ever. KOTOR II at $2.50 was literally all I spent. I wanted CS:GO, Orcs Must Die 2, and Torchlight II, but I can hold out at least until the Winter sale.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9766 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Civ 3 is definitely not terrible. In some ways it is better than IV and certainly miles better than V.

Oh yeah? How you like that corruption mechanic? There is a reason it doesn't exist in Civ4. Probably the most hated game mechanic of all time, right after QTEs.

Was Civ 3 the one that was put on the back burner cause of Alpha Centauri?

Civ2 and SMAC were lead by Brian Reynolds, he left after SMAC. Civ3 was a new team, new design ideas, and new game mechanics that were not fun.

#9767 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Also just restating that The Witcher 2 should be a must buy for $7.50 expecially for anyone still ont he fence. It's one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Just be sure to play it on Dark Mode.

I don't think it will be more then 75% off during the Winter Sale but maybe they will lower the MSRP, but I doubt it.

#9768 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Wow I bought Witcher 2 for $16 during the summer sale and have yet to play it. Now it's $7.49?

FML

{Looks through my Backlog Rulebook}

Backlog rule #777:
Don't buy games at less than 75% off, unless you plan to play them ASAP.

Yes, I have learned this the hard-way, my friend.
Trust me on this one.

#9769 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Also just restating that The Witcher 2 should be a must buy for $7.50 expecially for anyone still ont he fence. It's one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Just be sure to play it on Dark Mode.

I don't think it will be more then 75% off during the Winter Sale but maybe they will lower the MSRP, but I doubt it.

Also, don't forget that you can get a key for a backup copy on GOG as well. One could easily get said key and sell it to lower the price to paid for the game just a bit more. Both parties would be greatly satisfied, and everyone walks away happy. Just a thought. ;)

#9770 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

What are the negatives about Civ V compared to IV? I've never played any in the series but I was watching Civ V videos today and they got me interested.

Also, anyone think Civ V will go even lower during the winter sale?

#9771 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Any thoughts on what will be in the last set of flash deals?

I don't know but I'm hoping for Endless Space and Warlock for the DLC.

MARS

#9772 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

That's an amazing avatar. I wish someone would make something like that for me ;)

Posted Image

That is a Hawaiian Shirt, but your head 's to big to tell. Enjoy Fluffy.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#9773 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

So wait, there's one more set of flash deals rolling in 5-ish hours right? Then that's it and we are safe to buy anything that didn't make a flash or daily?

Assuming they don't pull a Jade Empire tomorrow, that is.

So, besides Jade Empire - what's the rare game that NEVER goes on sale, but will go on sale tomorrow and TROLL everyone?
Hmmmmm....
;)

#9774 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

So, besides Jade Empire - what's the rare game that NEVER goes on sale, but will go on sale tomorrow and TROLL everyone?
Hmmmmm....
;)

The proper form is a game that NEVER goes on sale, but is on sale for 50% right now, and will promptly be 75% off or more during the daily deal tomorrow.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9775 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

The proper form is a game that NEVER goes on sale, but is on sale for 50% right now, and will promptly be 75% off or more during the daily deal tomorrow.

Remember when Steam didn't have daily deals? Back like 2 years ago, when we all had money and our sanity?

Ahh... Those were the days.

#9776 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Never pay more than $10 for a game!

That rule would apply more so to Triple-A $60 titles more so than anything.
That $10 or less rule really doesn't always apply.

What if it's an Indie game that start off at $10 normally (i.e. Hotline Miami)?

75% off is the better rule - b/c most games on Steam never hit below 75%. :P
This "75% off or the rare better % off" rule is best used for games you plan to instantly "Backlog."

There's the rare exceptions you can make - i.e. it's a game you for some reason must have and play RIGHT NOW as soon as it's purchased and fully downloaded.
We can't win them all, but you can win most of these battles.

#9777 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Fuck just got back from work and looks like im buying a few more things

#9778 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Tempted for Witcher 2 at that price but I just bought it for $10 from that Microsoft sale...

Here's a question - does the Steam version of Witcher 2 give a key that you can activate on GOG?
Obviously, you can activate Witcher 2 PC Retail over GOG - so you can get the extra goodies.

SIDE NOTE:
I already own Witcher 2 from GOG directly.
Great game.

#9779 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hmmmm....maybe Vampire Bloodlines, yes? ;)

#9780 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Here's a question - does the Steam version of Witcher 2 give a key that you can activate on GOG?
Obviously, you can activate Witcher 2 PC Retail over GOG - so you can get the extra goodies.

SIDE NOTE:
I already own Witcher 2 from GOG directly.
Great game.

What extras do you mean?