Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9781 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

i feel like i should get legend of grimrock

any opinions?

#9782 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Here's a question - does the Steam version of Witcher 2 give a key that you can activate on GOG?
Obviously, you can activate Witcher 2 PC Retail over GOG - so you can get the extra goodies.

SIDE NOTE:
I already own Witcher 2 from GOG directly.
Great game.

Quick Google search shows that you can go into your registry to find the CD-Key for your Steam copy of Witcher 2.

Also I think $7.49 will be the cheapest since 75% is the magic number (unless they drop the MSRP to $20).

#9783 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Remember when Steam didn't have daily deals? Back like 2 years ago, when we all had money and our sanity?

Ahh... Those were the days.

I can stop buying games anytime I want!

#9784 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

The proper form is a game that NEVER goes on sale, but is on sale for 50% right now, and will promptly be 75% off or more during the daily deal tomorrow.

I have been eyeing Emerald City Confidential by Wadjet Eye (makers of Blackwell Deception, Gemini Rue, Resonance etc.).

It is 60% off @ $3.99 now. It wasn't on sale at all during the summer sale. It hasn't been 75% off since 2010 and yet with my track record with these things...

I also kind of want the Valusoft Simulation Gaming pack even though it's only 50% off because it contains that gem of a game Prison Tycoon 4: Supermax which has now been removed from Steam's store as a separate game outside of that bundle which only appears on big holiday sales.

#9785 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

What extras do you mean?

See the list of The Witcher 2 Extras on GOG here in them middle of the page.

I have no clue if the Steam Version got updated w/ all of these extras, so Steam Version owners could comment on this, if they'd like...
...and they comment on if Witcher 2 Steam version comes w/ a key that can be activate on GOG (or not)...

#9786 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

i feel like i should get legend of grimrock

any opinions?

For $3.74, absolutely. I bought it full price and love it. Although I am stuck... lol.

#9787 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Am I missing something about Silverfall? People keep mentioning it but the reviews are pretty bad.

They reviewed original Silverfall version, not the version w/ the expansion. That version was buggy, had technical issues, performance issues, poor UI, not-so-good camera, and other things that kept it from reaching its true potential. That's why it got hella-slammed, when the vanilla game was released.

The stand-alone expansion Earth Awakening pretty much fixed ALL of those above said issues - and overhauled the game completely. Earth Awakening was more than new content and new campaign - it also doubled as a major overhaul PATCH. It wasn't released at retail by Atari in the USA. Hence why Earth Awakening wasn't reviewed pretty much by anybody here in the States.

You had to either get the UK Import (from places like Gogamer - which is what I did) or get it digitally.

Plus, Monte Cristo Games Studios is now defunct.

#9788 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

They reviewed original Silverfall version, not the version w/ the expansion. That version was buggy, had technical issues, performance issues, poor UI, not-so-good camera, and other things that kept it from reaching its true potential. That's why it got hella-slammed, when the vanilla game was released.

The stand-alone expansion Earth Awakening pretty much fixed ALL of those above said issues - and overhauled the game completely. Earth Awakening was more than new content and new campaign - it also doubled as a major overhaul PATCH. It wasn't released at retail by Atari in the USA. Hence why Earth Awakening wasn't reviewed pretty much by anybody here in the States.

You had to either get the UK Import (from places like Gogamer - which is what I did) or get it digitally.

here we go again

#9789 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

So do you get just the standalone XPAC or both?
Posted Image

#9790 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

The Witcher 2 is better than the first in just about every way.

In most ways, ABSOLUTELY...

A few VERY minor complaints of mine about Witcher 2 include:
Spoiler

#9791 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

I think I'm done, unless some sort of unexpected miracle happens with a daily deal.

So, Haul this Year!

Bioshock 1 and 2 (Through the amazon deal) - 4.99
Silverfall + Expansion - 3.74
Kotor 2 - 2.49
Cargo Commander - 2.49
Civ 5: Gods and Kings - 7.49 (through Amazon)
Fallout 3: GOTY - 4.99
Rage - 4.99
XCOM Enemy Unknown - 33.49
XCOM DLC - 3.34
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete - 6.24
Home - 1.01
Witcher 2 - 7.49
Tropico DLC - 1.98

Total = 84.73.

Only real regret is XCOM when it would've been a few dollars cheaper, but I am going to be playing it starting tomorrow when my new computer is up and running, so I don't really mind.

Not too bad, I think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9792 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I can stop buying games anytime I want!

I can't. This month alone, I bought around 25 games on the PC. I have a problem. ...first step of rehab is admitting your problem. Don't be in denial. Lol :-)

#9793 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

so are there going to be new deals tomorrow? or will the next lightning deal update in 3 hours be the last?

#9794 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

my bad flash deal

#9795 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hmmmm....maybe Vampire Bloodlines, yes? ;)

Nah, they've come around to the seasonal $5 sale side of things. It used to be rare.
I think the biggest culprits are Capcom now. So tomorrow 75% off DMC4.

#9796 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Any of the tropico dlc worth it?

Anyone?

#9797 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

The lowest call of Cthulhu has gotten has been $5 yes?

#9798 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

So do you get just the standalone XPAC or both?

I'd recommend players buy Silverfall: Complete Edition [contains both Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion)].
Install them together into the same folder.
IMHO - it's the BEST way to enjoy both games.
Earth Awakening continues the story from where the ending of Silverfall (original campaign) leaves off, so you're best off playing Silverfall (original campaign) w/ EA installed - just for all the technical improvements.

I played Silverfall (original) BEFORE the expansion even came out; and have played it afterwards when Earth Awakening came out - I bought both imports years ago cheap from Gogamer.
With Earth Awakening installed, the original game's EXTREMELY IMPROVED - it's like a difference of night and day here. All the technical issues are pretty much GONE.
I never tried this game on Win 7, so I can't speak on that. But, on Win XP - yeah, it ran tons better w/ Earth Awakening installed.

DO NOT buy Silverfall original ALONE. Don't do it - you'll be missing out on the overhaul EA gives it, since the original game never got an overhaul patch.
Earth Awakening IS the overhaul patch....and also contains new content and a new campaign.

Edited by MysterD, 27 November 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#9799 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

so are there going to be new deals tomorrow? or will the next lightning deal update in 3 hours be the last?

The store page says "through November 26th" so draw your own conclusion, I suppose.

MARS

#9800 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

BGCQ's Giveaway

#9801 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Anyone?

Modern times is worth it. The rest are situational but they're dirt cheap at the moment aren't they? So why not?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9802 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Really glad to hear that, since I just bought the game last night knowing it was a technical nightmare.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9803 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'd recommend players buy Silverfall: Complete Edition [contains both Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion)].
Install them together into the same folder.
IMHO - it's the BEST way to enjoy both games. Earth Awakening continues the story from where the ending leaves off, so you're best off playing Silverfall (original campaign) w/ EA installed - for all the technical improvements.

I played Silverfall BEFORE the expansion even came out; and have played it afterwards when Earth Awakening came out - I bought both imports years ago cheap from Gogamer.
With Earth Awakening installed, the original game's EXTREMELY IMPROVED - it's like a difference of night and day here. All the technical issues are pretty much GONE.
I never tried this game on Win 7, so I can't speak on that. But, on Win XP - yeah, it ran tons better w/ Earth Awakening installed.

DO NOT buy Silverfall original ALONE. Don't do it - you'll be missing out on the overhaul EA gives it, since the original game never got an overhaul patch.
Earth Awakening IS the overhaul patch....and also contains new content and a new campaign.

Well I'm $3.75 over budget now... thanks to you, MysterD.

But I'll give it a shot. After XCOM :roll:

EDIT: ALL THOSE GB!!!!1!! crap... watch out for that bomb!
Posted Image

#9804 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, it's like 20 GB or so.

#9805 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

MysterD is a one man Silverfall selling machine. He even got me to buy it. And I had never even heard of the game a week ago.

#9806 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I also kind of want the Valusoft Simulation Gaming pack even though it's only 50% off because it contains that gem of a game Prison Tycoon 4: Supermax which has now been removed from Steam's store as a separate game outside of that bundle which only appears on big holiday sales.

I hope there's an option to teach your inmates how to do the Thriller dance. And seriously, I'm glad PC gaming has evolved to the point where we get zombie DLC for train simulators, just for the lulz. It used to be so uppity and elitist back in the 90's...
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#9807 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

so legend of grimrock looks pretty amazing

when does the winter sale usually run?

wondering how long i will need to wait if i don't buy torchlight 2 now

#9808 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

so legend of grimrock looks pretty amazing

when does the winter sale usually run?

wondering how long i will need to wait if i don't buy torchlight 2 now

December 20th it starts, it last for 14 days.

#9809 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

MysterD is a one man Silverfall selling machine. He even got me to buy it. And I had never even heard of the game a week ago.

If you like loot-heavy ARPG's (like Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; Diablo 1 + 2);
Steampunk setting;
want a few AI followers (you don't really control these guys much at all, though);
and even some quests give you some decisions that matter on the quest and game's outcome AND your skill tree's skills (whether you lean towards Technology or Nature)...

...Silverfall: Complete is your ticket.

Granted, I ain't tried it on Win 7 64-bit, I dug it back on my older Win XP 32-bit PC.
I would guess if there's Win 7 issues w/ it, like most older games, you might want to try the common Win 7 fixes (i.e. run the game in compatibility mode for older Win OS's it worked on like say Win XP SP3; check the box to disable visual themes and disable desktop composition; and run the game as an Admin.)

#9810 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

I hadn't heard about it til 2 days ago and bought it on his review/recommendation as well.
Posted Image

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg