Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9841 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

What's next?
Sleeping Dogs for $5?

Well, I picked it up on GMG for $13 and have been enjoying it. Rockstar could learn a couple things from it.

#9842 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

[Video Snipped]

I hate you. I'd managed to not think about Lisa Loeb for about 12 years until I saw your post.

#9843 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Man, I have been going back and forth on XCOM all day... what to do, what to do?

$10 or less!

#9844 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Why is this thread even in the deals section? when is the last time the 1st post has been updated? I frequently check this thread cuz it's bumped, and it's got junk like "Torchlight 2 PREORDER". WTF? This is just a convo thread now, so it's just taking up space.

#9845 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

My haul from steam alone:

Witcher 1/2 - 10
Chivalry - 12
Borderlands GOTY -7.50
Bionic Commando Rearmed- 5 (first time its ever been on sale since its been released, pick it up if u havent already.)
Critter Crunch - 1.75
Legend of Grimrock - 3.75

Really good haul imo :). Nearly everything was 75% off and I believe the cheapest it will ever go (unless its a indie bundle...)

Chivalry was the only one I didnt get at 75%. :)

Im pretty much done till the winter sales. They really need to put the Ys series on sale!

Also this being my first Steam season sale...I have learned some valuable lessons. Earlier this year I bought Torchlight 2 and Orcs Must Die at full price. While they were great games, these indie titles were only released like 5 months ago...now they are 75%. I know next year to wait instead of buying day one on indie titles especially

#9846 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Why is this thread even in the deals section? when is the last time the 1st post has been updated? I frequently check this thread cuz it's bumped, and it's got junk like "Torchlight 2 PREORDER". WTF? This is just a convo thread now, so it's just taking up space.

You must be new here.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9847 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

I check this thread regularly. I both find AND POST deals I find on Steam games. Seriously, if you're into getting the best prices on Steam, this thread can't be beat.

True it becomes a bit of a "lounge" when the major sales are on, but I think that's mostly because ALMOST EVERYTHING is on sale. Would you prefer that we all make our own threads for the 1000+ titles currently on sale? :D

#9848 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

You do have a point that the OP isn't updated as often as it should be. But it is updated by the CAG community and there are only a handful of people who even bother. If you feel that it should be updated, perhaps you should take the initiative and do it yourself.

#9849 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

MARS

#9850 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9851 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Why is this thread even in the deals section? when is the last time the 1st post has been updated? I frequently check this thread cuss it's bumped, and it's got junk like "Torchlight 2 PRERECORD". WT F? This is just a convoy thread now, so it's just taking up space.

Good thing you didn't show up during the two or three pages dedicated to cheeseburger pics.

#9852 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

As a great man once said, "LULZ."

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#9853 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

What's next?
Sleeping Dogs for $5?

Yeah you may be right... your "prediction" and mine are both examples of the now classic "SR3 $13 Bundle low/high percent off" sales they ran. I believe the troll in question was the hard-hitting Jade Empire rare sale followed immediately by the even cheaper Jade Empire daily.

Valve rarely strikes twice with the same troll and it's almost impossible to prepare a defense.

76561197971332172.png

#9854 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Jade Empire... 95% off!

#9855 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Posted Image

Also

http://www.cheapassg...hp?u=197773.jpg

because doing that was apparently a thing when I was gone.

#9856 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Yeah you may be right... your "prediction" and mine are both examples of the now classic "SR3 $13 Bundle low/high percent off" sales they ran. I believe the troll in question was the hard-hitting Jade Empire rare sale followed immediately by the even cheaper Jade Empire daily.

Valve rarely strikes twice with the same troll and it's almost impossible to prepare a defense.

Oh, yeah - I most definitely ain't forgot the SR3 Franchise Pack for $13 on Steam...
...a few days after I bought SR3 (base game) for $10 from Amazon DVG.

#9857 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Jade Empire... 95% off!

Vampire Bloodlines...for $1.

#9858 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

Motoki's new avatar is gonna give me nightmares. lol

Great job with that hollowfreak

Oh and welcome back Motoki.

#9859 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

Haul

Steam:
-KOTOR I & II ($5)
-Skyrim Hearthfire ($3)
-The Witcher EE ($2.5)
-Fallout 3 GOTY ($5)
-Sanctum Collection ($5)
-Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete ($5)
-OMD1 GOTY (GamersGate; $4)

Amazon:
-Dead Island GOTY ($7)
-Kingdoms of Amalur Complete ($12)
& a bunch of over games under $5 in an attempt to obtain mass amount of $5 promo cred:
-Sonic CD ($1.24), Rome: Total War ($1), GTA: San Andreas ($3.75), MK Kollection for a friend ($3), Blacklight Tango Down ($1.24)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack as a gift ($2.50), Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter ($3.75), Zeno Clash ($.99)

about $65+ total :cry:

I actually regret the Prototype pack somewhat. I probably won't touch that for a while.
Overall really content with Fallout 3 GOTY for $5.

Edited by MC Kage, 27 November 2012 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#9860 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I think we can't completely count our Final Hauls yet...
...since in 34 minutes or so (and counting), we all might get TROLLED w/ new Flash Deals. :P

EDIT:
I guess we could always EDIT our hauls if we listed them already, hehe. ;)

#9861 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Haul

Steam:
-KOTOR I & II
-Skyrim Hearthfire
-The Witcher EE
-Fallout 3 GOTY $5
-Sanctum Collection
-Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete $5
-OMD1 GOTY (GamersGate)

Amazon:
-Dead Island GOTY
-Kingdoms of Amalur Complete
& a bunch of over games under $5 in an attempt to obtain mass amount of $5 promo cred:
-Sonic CD, Rome: Total War $1, GTA: San Andreas, MK Kollection for a friend, Blacklight Tango Down
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack as a gift, Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Zeno Clash

I actually regret the Prototype pack somewhat. I probably won't touch that for a while.

These posts are useless without final totals. I need somebody to post that they spent more money than me so I don't feel so bad about spending $90.

Oh and don't regret the Prototype pack. Those games are published by Activision. They may never be that cheap again.

#9862 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Oh and don't regret the Prototype pack. Those games are published by Activision. They may never be that cheap again.

Prototype Pack deal was a blast. :D
That's a really fun game.
Surely got by $7.49 worth on it.
I needed it namely for Prototype 2 + RADNET DLC, since I already owned Prototype 1 from Retail.

#9863 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

$250 for me across all apps (GameFly, Amazon, Steam, GreenManGaming, GamersGate)

#9864 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

I need somebody to post that they spent more money than me so I don't feel so bad about spending $90.

I only spent $44.31 with Steam so far. But I dropped $22.50 at GMG and $42.20 at Amazon (for Steam games).

So I'm at $109.01 at the moment. Bring on the last Flash Deals!

#9865 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

These posts are useless without final totals. I need somebody to post that they spent more money than me so I don't feel so bad about spending $90.

I'm too self-conscious about spending to throw out my total haha but it was around $50 at least, I'll probably go back and add prices. I also bought Sleeping Dogs for $16 about 2 weeks ago too along with SS3: BFE.

& why is that? BO2? lol. glad it was the $7.50 price anyways

$250 for me across all apps (GameFly, Amazon, Steam, GreenManGaming, GamersGate)

ballin'

Posted Image

#9866 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

I think the "troll" of this sale could easily be Skyrim. I would not be surprised at all if next week's "Midweek Madness" is for Skyrim and it's DLC to celebrate the release of the Dragonborn expansion. My prediction is 66% off, making it $19.99 for the base game.

EDIT: Oh snap, I totally thought it was coming to PC on the 4th! I guess it's just for 360 for now.

#9867 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I think the "troll" of this sale could easily be Skyrim. I would not be surprised at all if next week's "Midweek Madness" is for Skyrim and it's DLC to celebrate the release of the Dragonborn expansion. My prediction is 66% off, making it $19.99 for the base game.

Good guess, they will certainly do something for the new DLC's release.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#9868 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Why is this thread even in the deals section?

Mostly just to annoy you and give you something to feel self-important about.

I hate you. I'd managed to not think about Lisa Loeb for about 12 years until I saw your post.

Ms. Loeb spent every one of those days thinking about you.

#9869 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Man I feel like this is the countdown to

Posted Image

#9870 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Coconut Queen 90% off!

EDIT: Red Faction, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade, and Binding of Issac all 75% off