Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9871 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

My money is officially now safe.

#9872 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Not surprised to see THQ and an Indie... but.. Capcom? 75% off. Nice!

#9873 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Hm. Should I finally pick up Binding of Isaac? I've been trying to win it off of Steamgifts forever.

#9874 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Alright, I can tally my final total now. Drumroll, please....

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - $2.49

Final Total: $2.49

Yikes...

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9875 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

So...is that it? No more new deals right? I guess I'll get Coconut Queen then, was hoping for a Jet Set Radio 75% off. Only got Kotor 1+2 and Civ 4 this time around.

#9876 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Well that ended with a whimper.

#9877 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

$250 for me across all apps (GameFly, Amazon, Steam, GreenManGaming, GamersGate)

I only spent $44.31 with Steam so far. But I dropped $22.50 at GMG and $42.20 at Amazon (for Steam games).

So I'm at $109.01 at the moment. Bring on the last Flash Deals!

Thank you good sirs. I don't feel so bad now.

& why is that? BO2? lol. glad it was the $7.50 price anyways

Wait, did they actually go ahead with the $7.50 price for Blops? I thought that was cancelled and it was $20. Christ, i hope i didn't miss anything while i was chasing down deals on Black Friday.

Ms. Loeb spent every one of those days thinking about you.

ha ha, nice. Well played.

57j.gif

#9878 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Half tempted to get the complete SF IV AE for $13.75 despite having it on the 360 largely because rebuying the whole thing is way cheaper than getting all the costumes for the 360 version.

#9879 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

So...is that it? No more new deals right? I guess I'll get Coconut Queen then, was hoping for a Jet Set Radio 75% off. Only got Kotor 1+2 and Civ 4 this time around.

Yup its

http://www.cheapassg...line=1352493173

(The End)

#9880 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Sweet, had an active final day after getting nothing but Dredmor DLC the first five days. Grabbed a Castle Crashers 4 pack and traded two off for Witcher 2 (thanks Landon66). Now watch Castle Crashers be in the next Indie Royale.

Question: Is that promotion still active where you can add a Witcher 2 code to GOG?

yes, it's still active. http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup

Cheapest Steam sale for me ever. KOTOR II at $2.50 was literally all I spent. I wanted CS:GO, Orcs Must Die 2, and Torchlight II, but I can hold out at least until the Winter sale.

My total for Steam
.99 Vegas Make it Big
.99 Tropico 4 Megalopolis DLC
.99 Tropico 4 Pirate Heaven DLC
Amazon
Civ V Gods and Kings 7.49

I can stop buying games anytime I want!

I can't, I'm an addict

You do have a point that the OP isn't updated as often as it should be. But it is updated by the CAG community and there are only a handful of people who even bother. If you feel that it should be updated, perhaps you should take the initiative and do it yourself.

Some of us don't know how. :cry:

Good thing you didn't show up during the two or three pages dedicated to cheeseburger pics.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28595
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28715

Why is this thread even in the deals section? when is the last time the 1st post has been updated? I frequently check this thread cuz it's bumped, and it's got junk like "Torchlight 2 PREORDER". WTF? This is just a convo thread now, so it's just taking up space.

Spoiler

Coconut Queen 90% off!

EDIT: Red Faction, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade, and Binding of Issac all 75% off

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28588

Wow spent under 3 dollars during a Steam sale.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#9881 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

So. . . is Silverfall the new Coconut Queen? Should I buy it now so I'll be ahead of the meme wave?

I have a Paypal question for anyone who may know the answer. My Paypal account currently is linked only to my debit card and I can only add money to my Paypal balance by selling stuff on Ebay or using MoneyPak cards (whatever those are). If I linked my Paypal to my checking account, would this allow me to transfer money to a Paypal balance directly from that account? If I could do that it would save me a ton of grief dealing with my credit union and being able to make purchases at Gog or Gamersgate or GMG during sales (EDIT: or getting Indie Royales).

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#9882 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

lol I had been eying SSF4:AE the whole sale thinking capcom games rarely go 75%. Would have been burned if I pulled the trigger.

#9883 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

In most ways, ABSOLUTELY...

A few VERY minor complaints of mine about Witcher 2 include:

Spoiler

I agree with MysterD, as I didn't get into Witcher 1 at all but I felt Witcher 2 improved in all user-friendly ways (UI, controls, accessibility) without watering the story or character development down at all. I also liked that it had less of a creepy "collect the nude cards" perv vibe that the first one had in the background.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#9884 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Looks like that's it for the deals, so I can pull the trigger on my cart. Of course, I forgot Killing Floor was a flash deal, so the DLC in there jumped back up in price. Well, they'll go on sale again in a month, so I swapped them out for the finally-discounted SSF4AE DLC.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9885 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

My small haul:
-Orcs Must Die 2 $3.75
-KOTOR 2 $2.50
-Zeno Clash $1
-Legends of Grimrock $3.75

Thats $10 total if I did my math right. I also had picked up that War Chest bundle thing from Amazon for $7.50. I didn't spend much at all for PC games which is good because I dropped $90 on AC3, XCOM, Most Wanted for PS3.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9886 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

So. . . is Silverfall the new Coconut Queen? Should I buy it now so I'll be ahead of the meme wave?

I have a Paypal question for anyone who may know the answer. My Paypal account currently is linked only to my debit card and I can only add money to my Paypal balance by selling stuff on Ebay or using MoneyPak cards (whatever those are). If I linked my Paypal to my checking account, would this allow me to transfer money to a Paypal balance directly from that account? If I could do that it would save me a ton of grief dealing with my credit union and being able to make purchases at Gog or Gamersgate or GMG during sales (EDIT: or getting Indie Royales).

Yes. You can also then transfer money from your Paypal to your bank account (as I do once I get paid for the Indie Galas I host).

Pretty convenient. Paypal has some pretty crappy policies elsewhere, but the bank account linking it makes things easier.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9887 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

daym...thats a great deal on sf4...rarely see that pack go on sale. getting the complete edition, sucker for extra skins :)

#9888 MC Kage

MC Kage

Wait, did they actually go ahead with the $7.50 price for Blops? I thought that was cancelled and it was $20. Christ, i hope i didn't miss anything while i was chasing down deals on Black Friday.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not but I was talking about the Prototype pack being $7.50 lol.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#9889 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

YES! I started a meme on page 412! http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=8235

#9890 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Just set up your Checking Account as your "Backup Funding Source". Let's say you have $0 in your Paypal account and you buy something for $10, then your checking account is automatically deducted $10 (free of charge). If you had $3 in your PayPal account, then it would only hit the checking account for the $7 it need to complete the transaction. Also, get a free debit MasterCard card for your PayPal account and use it like a credit card (don't use the PIN for purchases, always use as credit). You get 1% cash back at the end of every month for every purchase. I've used it for everything from Bills/Gas/Steam/Amazon/Gamersgate this month. 1% might not seem much, but that extra $4 I got coming to me in a week will buy some nice DLC on Steam. Use it to pay all your bills, and get an extra discount for doing what you already do, free of charge.

Spoiler

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#9891 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

My haul: (this month)

Amazon:
1. THQ Medley (Metro 2033, Homefront, Red Faction: Armageddon, Red Faction: Guerrilla, STALKER, Warhammer: Space Marine): $9.99
2. Civilization V: $12.49
3. Civilization V: Gods and Kings: $7.49
4. Civilization V: Wonders of the Ancient World: $1.24
5. Civilization V: Korea Civ and Scenario Pack: $1.24
6. GTA IV Complete + La Noire Complete + GTA San Andreas: $14.99
7. Zeno Clash: $.99

GreenMan Gaming:
8. Jet Set Radio: $3.75
9. Spec Ops: The Line $5.99
10. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: $22.50
11. Hitman: Absolution: $29
12. Dishonored: $22.50

GamersGate:
13. Blades of Time: $7.48
14. Max Payne 3: $11.87

CAG purchase:
15. Prototype 1 & 2: $9

Steam:
16. Tomb Raider: Legend: $2.49
17. Tomb Raider: Anniversary: $2.49
18. Batman: Arkham City GOTY: $7.49
19. Orcs Must Die 2 Complete: $6.24

Total: $179.23 :)
Posted Image

#9892 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not but I was talking about the Prototype pack being $7.50 lol.

No, not being sarcastic. I guess I just misunderstood you.

57j.gif

#9893 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Alright, I can tally my final total now. Drumroll, please....

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - $2.49

Final Total: $2.49

Yikes...

Damn, you beat me.

My final total is...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - $2.49 x2

Final Total: $4.98

----------

And I bought a $50 steam card for this. At least I'll be ready for the winter sale.

Deponia is the only other thing I was about to get, but everyone in this thread was saying the price was too high, so I stopped myself.

Still debating on Armada 2526 though. Only 66/100 on Metacritic, but it's 80% off.

----------

Edit: I guess if we're counting Amazon too, I got:

Paradox Majesty Franchise $9.99
Civilization V: GaK $7.49

elessar123.png

#9894 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Spoiler

Thank you for Xcom, mate. :applause:

My Haul:
Tropico 3: Absolute Power
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo
Zeno Clash
Civilizations V Gods and Kings Mac
Torchlight II
The Walking Dead
Horrid Henry
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Legend of Grimrock
Space Pirates and Zombies
Victoria II

edit: KOA and DLC

Total: $46ish
Posted Image

#9895 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I ended up without that much. On steam, only bought CS:GO with funds left over in my steam wallet from the summer sale, so it doesn't really count as me spending anything to get it.

But winter is coming...

#9896 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

My small haul:
-Orcs Must Die 2 $3.75
-KOTOR 2 $2.50
-Zeno Clash $1
-Legends of Grimrock $3.75

Thats $10 total if I did my math right.

...or $11 total if I did my math right.

#9897 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

No, not being sarcastic. I guess I just misunderstood you.

All good but yeah it did get scrapped directly by Activison, at least that's what Tony said lol. bastards

Would Darksiders II for $7 be a good deal? or keep waiting

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#9898 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

If anyone doesn't have it by now I highly recommend grabbing Binding of Isaac + the expansion for $2 total. The expansion adds a ton of new content.

#9899 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

NATION RED - Exclusive CAG Group Giveaway
ends in 22 hours!

http://www.steamgift...mF0a/nation-red

Good luck everyone!

#9900 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I'm going to hold out for the Winter Sale for the rest of my purchases [only STEAM buy was Dawnguard; I want to play this now to hold me over].

The way I see it, the Winter Sale is the last major sale until we hit summer. Going on a spending splurge during the Winter Sale! :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/