Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9991 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I never look at the first post of any on-going thread. If I want to know what today's Steam deal are, I'll just look at Steam.

I use the steam app on my iPhone. It has tabs for sale, flash, popular and specials. You can view your wishlist, it shows current prices including % off, and if you're feeling really adventurous you can make purchases from the app while away from your PC.

#9992 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Indie gala 11 is up

#9993 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

As a newcomer I have to say, the light-hearted nature of this theard (and others here) are what made me finally decide to register and stick around. If I didn't want the warm and fuzzy atmosphere, I'd do all my discount searching solo and be anti-social like I am IRL.

If not for the community discussion aspect, I'd just be checking in here now and then as an adjunct to other deal sites for info on game sales. I registered and joined in because this is such a friendly place.

Now for the damages.

Steam:
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold $4
Civ III Complete $1.75
Silverfall Complete $3.75
Droplitz $1
Patricians and Merchants Pack $2
Deus Ex DLC $1.25

Amazon:
Bioshock Dual Pack $5 (Even though I got Bioshock 1 for free on Gamefly)
Paradox War Chest $7.50
Zeno Clash $1
Dead Island GOTY $6.80
THQ Bundle (minus the Red Faction games) $7.25

Other:
Double Fine Fortnight, IndieGala Sim, Groupee Build a Bundle 4, Indie Royale Stuffing Bundle, and week 1 of the new Indiefort (with plans to grab all five weeks.)

I was tempted to grab Coconut Queen to see what the fuss is about. I was tempted by LA Noire Complete. I was tempted by Batman GOTY. I was tempted by the Paradox Heavy Seas bundle. I was tempted by a bunch of stuff, but who can get everything?

#9994 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Indie gala 11 is up

Same policy's back too:

3) Only BTA people will be qualified 'early buyer' for the Happy Hour ( if an HappyHour will be ). In a few words: Happy Hour is only for BTA people.

edit: if an HappyHour will be
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9995 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Indie gala 11 is up

Looks like one only for Steam completionists, as I have most of this stuff from GMG and other places. I'm not even excited about this one on the cheap unless there are decent bonus games.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#9996 forbiddenx

forbiddenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Only picked up a few games:

Torchlight II
Castle Crashers
Silverfall
Civ 5 G+K
Posted Image

#9997 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Any last minute opinions of Drakensang: The River of Time? I don't think it's ever been 75% off and it's currently this price.

#9998 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

My Haul:
Steam:
Cargo Commander $2.49
Silverfall 1&2 $3.74

Amazon:
Prototype pack $9.03
Blacklight Tango Down $1.25

GMG:
Hard Reset $3.75

Total Damages: $20.26

#9999 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I use the steam app on my iPhone. It has tabs for sale, flash, popular and specials. You can view your wishlist, it shows current prices including % off, and if you're feeling really adventurous you can make purchases from the app while away from your PC.

The steam app is great, I use it on my Galaxy S3.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a sale on Farcry 3? This is a game I am definitely going to pick up but am not sure if I should preorder or not.

#10000 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

KotOR II $2.49
KoA + DLC $12 from Amazon

#10001 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Any last minute opinions of Drakensang: The River of Time? I don't think it's ever been 75% off and it's currently this price.

Haven't played it myself, but a buddy of mine that used to write professional reviews wrote a recommendation on Steam:

A prequel to Drakensang; The Dark Eye and much better game. It feels like they took all of the community complaints about the first one and improved most of the issues.

The game is based off the German pen and paper RPG with deep character skillsets that can be daunting at first look.

This is a story driven linear RPG. Gather a group of followers, battle evil and grind dungeons. Quick travel, paused combat, excellent interface, deep character skill customization and solid art.

Voice acting is a tad cheesy but that is typical of Euro RPG's translated for an English audience. Picked this up for $5 duing the current sale and am pleased.

76561197971332172.png

#10002 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Does anyone know if there is going to be a sale on Farcry 3? This is a game I am definitely going to pick up but am not sure if I should preorder or not.

I wouldn't expect much of a sale right after release. Or, rather, if you can get a good pre-order deal now (30% or so), that'll probably be the same discount you'd get a month or two after the game has been out.

#10003 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Is any of the Just Cause 2 DLC worth it?

Agreed, black market aerial pack is definitely worth it as it has the booster rocket on the parachute (which can be easily modded to get rid of the limit on its use), a cool fighter jet, and a multi lock rocket launcher.

Monster truck with a gun turret and the hover craft are fun diversions.

It's super cheap so I just picked it all up last time it was on sale.

Guardian_owl.png

#10004 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I wouldn't expect much of a sale right after release. Or, rather, if you can get a good pre-order deal now (30% or so), that'll probably be the same discount you'd get a month or two after the game has been out.

If you don't mind having in on the Ubisoft client, you can easily get a voucher from one of those AMD graphic cards on ebay for $20ish.

#10005 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I picked up:
Knights of the Old Republic II $2.50
Theif Gold $2.50
Was gifted Witcher EE (Thanks P!)

I tried to buy Critter Crunch multiple times but the checkout kept getting stuck. I resigned myself with it being a high quality indie title that already has Steamplay and a low enough cost it'll be in a bundle some point or at least go on sale again later.

#10006 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image

#10007 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I always get that "did I miss something?" panic at the end of a sale. Luckily the winter sale is right around the corner to ease my fears. Plus that one game everyone finally bit on will be the daily today for cheaper, so I'll get it then. I hope it's The Walking Dead 75% off.

#10008 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Anyone think the YS games will be cheaper during the Winter sale? I seem to remember one of them being in some sort of bundle at one point.

#10009 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

They were cheaper in the summer, so I expect them to be cheaper in the winter sale as well (and hopefully cheaper than summer prices).
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10010 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Sigh... two last minute purchases:

- Castle Crashers (lots of friends bought this one, so hoping for some co-op fun)
- Critter Crunch (where have they been hiding this? Rainbow Barf? Yes!)

76561197971332172.png

#10011 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

My damages.

Analouge + Soundtrack
Sniper Elite Collection
Orcs Must Die 2

Under $20 this sale :D.

Also anyone know of any preorder deals on Far Cry 3? I don't need it for Steam, if I can get it cheap enough (assuming there is no horrible drm).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10012 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

My damages.

Analouge + Soundtrack
Sniper Elite Collection
Orcs Must Die 2

Under $20 this sale :D.

Also anyone know of any preorder deals on Far Cry 3? I don't need it for Steam, if I can get it cheap enough (assuming there is no horrible drm).

I think someone mentioned to check ebay as it was in some vid card bundles.

Here:

If you don't mind having in on the Ubisoft client, you can easily get a voucher from one of those AMD graphic cards on ebay for $20ish.

#10013 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

- Castle Crashers (lots of friends bought this one, so hoping for some co-op fun)

Does anyone know if they've fixed Co-op yet? My son and I played this online a few weeks back and the lag made the game entirely unplayable. We both have 30Mb cable connections, so it wasn't a speed issue. I've seen similar reports of massive slowdowns on the Steam forums, but I haven't tried playing since then.

#10014 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

the damage

witcher 2: $7.50
dark souls: $15
dead island: $6.79
spec ops: $6

Hand__Of__God.png

#10015 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Today's deal is Spellforce 2 @ 75% off for $5

#10016 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Sigh... two last minute purchases:

- Critter Crunch (where have they been hiding this? Rainbow Barf? Yes!)

Damn Rainbow barf, couldn't resist it either.

#10017 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Crap. I forgot about Critter Crunch. Now I gotta wait again...

#10018 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I don't know if your using it, but there is a fan patch out for it that I highly suggest you use.

http://www.rockpaper...ark-souls-mods/

You might find that article helpful.

BTW- Thanks for pointing me to this article, Terlan. Runs 100x better now.

Hand__Of__God.png

#10019 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

The Damage:
NOTHING! Woot!

Everything they had on sale this year I already owned. :( and :) lol

#10020 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

The damage: Coconut Queen for $2.50.. Finally bit on it, if for nothing else than nostalgia for the awesome time I had on this thread during the Summer Sale :) Thanks guys!