Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10081 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

I hope the new Unwritten Tales game releases with a discount on the first. Of course, I was hoping for the same with Deponia and that didn't happen.

#10082 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Luckily you're getting not just a good lol but a surprisingly fun game. I got it to 100% and had enjoyed every minute.

Yes, Coconut Queen was actually a very fun game.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10083 Ymeegod

Ymeegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Well think I made my second buying mistake on steam.

Purchased SF4AE Complete for $13.50 during the flash sale. Wouldn't have bought it if I knew ahead of time that the online community is DEAD. Barely a handful of people playing online (checked multiple times during the day-evening).

The good news, my MvC Xbox Stick worked just fine. :(

#10084 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Steam

$2.49 Star Wars KOTOR II
$3.74 Legend of Grimrock
$2.99 Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense
$2.49 Dear Esther
$7.49 Two Worlds II Bundle
$4.99 Tower Wars
$4.99 Hotline Miami
$7.49 Mark of the Ninja
$6.24 Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack
$3.74 Silverfall + Earth Awakening Pack
$9.99 Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack - 2 Pack (extra copy for friend)
$7.49 The Witcher 2

$69.12 Total

Amazon

$19.99 Max Payne Complete (Max Payne 3 + Season Pass)
$14.99 Need for Speed Most Wanted - Limited Edition (after coupon from The Run)
$14.99 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
$11.99 Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle

$61.96 Total

#10085 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

fufufu, Microsoft posted a 9.99 sale late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Unadvertised, caught everyone off guard who was in the Micro thread at the time. Had a number of great games at 10 (like Skyrim and Diablo 3 and Tekken Tag 2, etc.)...just had to be up to catch it;)

That was crazy because I was on the site the whole time and never clicked the PC side during that morning.

Hope they do it again for Christmas.

#10086 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

November 31st probably

I hope not. That seems like a long time to wait....

#10087 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Different strokes. This thread was a primary reason why I stuck around; the community atmosphere and games talk (what's good, what is buggy, what's just terrible) and even the banter made it an interesting and informative place for talking about sales.

Those multicolored hugging guys look pretty dream-esque. As opposed to looking "Dreamy".

That's all good, but you don't think the title is the least bit misleading? If I wanted to load up Steam, I wouldn't be looking at CAG for deals (in response to other comments). I search the deals page for deals from everywhere, and if every other group thread can list the deals (Like Amazon, GMG, GamersGate, etc), why can't the "Steam Sale Thread'? I understand that those of you that are invested in this thread don't care, but we did the same thing in the trading threads & they got butthurt & re-arranged the rules because of it. By all means, have a discussion, or whatever. I just wish someone would spend some of the time updating the OP like all the other threads in the Deals section.

#10088 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

I hope not. That seems like a long time to wait....

I see what you did there...:applause:

#10089 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

I just wish someone would spend some of the time updating the OP like all the other threads in the Deals section.

So why don't you do it?

#10090 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

By all means, have a discussion, or whatever. I just wish someone would spend some of the time updating the OP like all the other threads in the Deals section.

So do it already. Don't bitch and moan about what other people aren't doing if you're not willing to do it yourself.

#10091 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Is the only way to get the Steam version of Far Cry 3 is to buy it from Steam?

#10092 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Purchased SF4AE Complete for $13.50 during the flash sale. Wouldn't have bought it if I knew ahead of time that the online community is DEAD. Barely a handful of people playing online (checked multiple times during the day-evening).

Oh I almost bought that one. Now I'm glad that I didn't.

#10093 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Welp, the Family Feud Collection has been removed from the steam store. And wouldn't you know it, I had it in my cart this morning and almost pulled the trigger on it, but then I decided that I had spent enough money and I would put it on the Holiday sale shopping list.

This comes after spending the entire Autumn sale buying things not based on how much I want to play them right now, but on prioritizing items that I felt were possible candidates to get pulled from the store.

:(

Now that is interesting. Is there anywhere a list of possible candidates to get pulled from the store (why I bought Doom 3 and not the BFG edition in case they take the reg edition and expansion off since they are included in BFG)? That would be a good list to have along side a large sale like this or the summer/winter sales.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10094 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

With the recent steam sale, anyone that paid with a Discover card should look at their next statement and possibly call/chat with Customer Service. With the 5% cashback promotion for *all* online purchases, I had the suspicion it wasn't giving me credit for them. I noticed my steam transactions were saying POS Mode Description as Manually Keyed whereas things like Amazon were saying Online. Snippet of the online conversation with them below for validity.

Thanks for the heads up. I never would have noticed this.

#10095 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Welp, the Family Feud Collection has been removed from the steam store. And wouldn't you know it, I had it in my cart this morning and almost pulled the trigger on it, but then I decided that I had spent enough money and I would put it on the Holiday sale shopping list.(

You're not missing anything. It's literally the same game that you can play for free online, except without ads. http://www.pogo.com/games/familyfeud
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10096 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Anyone wanna go in for a Castle Crashers 4 pack while it's still on sale? I already got 2 people.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#10097 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

That's all good, but you don't think the title is the least bit misleading? If I wanted to load up Steam, I wouldn't be looking at CAG for deals (in response to other comments). I search the deals page for deals from everywhere, and if every other group thread can list the deals (Like Amazon, GMG, GamersGate, etc), why can't the "Steam Sale Thread'? I understand that those of you that are invested in this thread don't care, but we did the same thing in the trading threads & they got butthurt & re-arranged the rules because of it. By all means, have a discussion, or whatever. I just wish someone would spend some of the time updating the OP like all the other threads in the Deals section.

There are three options of dealing with things you are unsatisfied with.

1) Leave it alone and move along to somewhere else.

2) Attempt to put some effort in to make it into the way you want it.

3) Complain.

Continuing to nag about it isn't going to make people do what you want them to do.

PS - the person who updates the Amazon deals thread (at least the PC Digital Download one) is an employee of Amazon. The other sites generally have sales that are far less comprehensive than Steam's big sales or the amount of stuff that Amazon routinely puts on sale. In those threads it's usually just one person who took it on themselves to update the thread with being asked (or complained at) to do it.

#10098 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Damn, you bitch more than a one armed one legged Rwandan prostitute.
I'd offer to do it, but I have a life and frankly have no clue how to change it.
ttp://store.steampowered.com/app/38070/?snr=1_7_suggest__13]http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28588[/url]

Your post made me think of this
Posted Image
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#10099 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Jeez, you don't even need to load up Steam. Just go to their store via the web and it takes all of thirty seconds to check what the daily and midweek/weekend deal is... hell I even think they might have some twitter feed that broadcasts it. For larger sales it's pointless to include all of the deals since 95% of the store is on sale.

ERMAGURRR I don't have thirty seconds to check Steam's web page. As the kids today say 'First World Problem, dawg!' Makes me wonder how some people would have been able to live before the internet.

#10100 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Does anyone have a Legend of Grimrock coupon that you can share? Or it does even work with the current sale price?

Thanks for any help.

#10101 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Jeez, you don't even need to load up Steam. Just go to their store via the web and it takes all of thirty seconds to check what the daily and midweek/weekend deal is... hell I even think they might have some twitter feed that broadcasts it. For larger sales it's pointless to include all of the deals since 95% of the store is on sale.

ERMAGURRR I don't have thirty seconds to check Steam's web page. As the kids today say 'First World Problem, dawg!' Makes me wonder how some people would have been able to live before the internet.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10102 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Does anyone have a Legend of Grimrock coupon that you can share? Or it does even work with the current sale price?

Thanks for any help.

They were deactivated like an hour into the sale.

#10103 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

They were deactivated like an hour into the sale.

Oh well, I guess $3.75 is not that bad.

#10104 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Yeah, God forbid a thread lives up to it's purpose. You're telling me to follow Twitter to get updates, cuz it's an issue that I'm looking for deals on a deal website? :applause:

#10105 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

So do it already. Don't bitch and moan about what other people aren't doing if you're not willing to do it yourself.

I didn't create the title of the thread or the site. Next...

#10106 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

So why don't you do it?

The same reason I don't brag about how many games i bought in a thread with a misleading title - I don't have the time. Also, I don't access Steam from work.

#10107 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

It's not. Matchmaking is piss poor. Play the story game with Online interruptions on and you'll get all the fights you need.

#10108 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

The same reason I don't brag about how many games i bought in a thread with a misleading title - I don't have the time. Also, I don't access Steam from work.

You have time to argue about the thread title though. With all the time you spend complaining you could be updating OP's that nobody reads.

#10109 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yeah, God forbid a thread lives up to it's purpose. You're telling me to follow Twitter to get updates, cuz it's an issue that I'm looking for deals on a deal website? :applause:

I'm telling you if you can look at one website you can look at another. You say it as if it takes more than 10-30 seconds of your time (which I suspect isn't that valuable).

You have time to argue about the thread title though. With all the time you spend complaining you could be updating OP's that nobody reads.

Golden. In a fraction of the time this guy has already spent here arguing he could have found out the deals.

#10110 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Looking for a TL2 gift for 15 bucks. My buddy is all butt hurt because I bought a 4 pack and gave them to my real gamer friends.