Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10231 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I liked FC2 well enough (not that it was flawless) but then I never played FC1.

#10232 Tigershard

Tigershard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Everyone hated Far Cry 2. In reality you normally would judge a sequel based on its predecessor but in this case you can't. FC3 either fix'ed everything in FC2 people hated or simply got rid of it. Watch some gameplay videos (there are a lot of long ones out there) and you can see it is a totally different beast. Gamespot has a 90 minute video of where they were taking q&a from a live stream while playing and showing off the stuff that was being asked/explained. It sold me on the game. Totalbiscuit (who I normally don't care for) even has an excellent video on the game that is around 45 minutes long.

I loved Far Cry 2; it is one of my favorite FPS. I've been eagerly awaiting Far Cry 3 since its reveal and am glad that people aren't letting their irrational hate of Far Cry 2 get in the way of trying it.

#10233 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

irrational hate of Far Cry 2

The hate is entirely rational.

#10234 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

uggh I wish the winter sale would hurry up and start already. :lol: I spend more time looking for sales than actually playing the games I buy.

#10235 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Far Cry 3

Used a vpn and played for about 2 hours so far. Pretty freaking cool I have to say. It is quite beautiful and fun. So much stuff to do. Take over an outpost and you get a bunch of side quests plus all the exploring. I dig the wildlife stuff a lot. I was circling around a outpost to figure out how to take them out stealthy and next thing I know I hear a growl and turn around and see a tiger coming towards me. I run because I don't want to alert the outpost, so I run to it and the pirates in it had their backs to me at that moment and the tiger peeled off of me and went after them and killed them all and I killed the tiger

You have exposed yet another strategy for outwitting a cunning, ferocious animal. When being chased by said animal always run towards a crowd! Video games can be educational.

I am in the camp of FC 1 > FC2 but I didn't HATE FC2 enough to make me skip FC3. It looks pretty awesome.

#10236 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/

#10237 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

It is ON

EDIT: Sucks that it's a single key again unlike last time - I really only needed the Company of Heroes stuff but oh well guess it keeps Steamgifts clean. :D

#10238 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

wow they included Saints Row the Third:hot:

I own all games on it already but I think I'll get it anyways, god knows THQ needs the money:D

T9rTk6Q.gif

#10239 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Steam weekend deal:

Unreal Tournament 3 Black - $6.79 (66% off)
Unreal Deal Pack - $13.59 (66% off)

These will be cheaper during the winter sale. Unreal Deal Pack was $9.99 during the summer sale, and UT3 Black was $4.99.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#10240 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

LOL. I paid 4$ just recently for Darksiders 1.
Anybody have any idea if there will be bonuses? I already own all these games.

#10241 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Steam weekend deal:

Unreal Tournament 3 Black - $6.79 (66% off)
Unreal Deal Pack - $13.59 (66% off)

These will be cheaper during the winter sale. Unreal Deal Pack was $9.99 during the summer sale, and UT3 Black was $4.99.

Lamest weekend deal in a long while.

#10242 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

LOL. I paid 4$ just recently for Darksiders 1.
Anybody have any idea if there will be bonuses? I already own all these games.

I expect so, but probably not Darksiders 2 or anything like that. Nexuiz seems extremely likely to me.

#10243 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

That is awful. Just a warning to anyone buying this, they only give a separate key for Saint's Row The Third.

Why the hell they gave individual keys last bundle and only give one key for six games this bundle is beyond me.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#10244 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

I am truly cheap. Bought this as a Christmas gift for a friend who doesn't follow deals or bundles at all :D

I beat the average and I put all the money toward THQ. I normally let the money be split as default but I don't want to lose THQ!

#10245 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I was trying to be fast in case SR3 drove the price up faster than usual, but I guess I should include the games in the bundle.

Games:
Darksiders*
Metro 2033*
Red Faction Armageddon*
Company of Heroes*
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts*
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor

Beat the Average to unlock:
Saints Row the Third*

*Soundtrack included

#10246 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Oh man, I'm quite excited about this bundle - I had been waiting for Saints Row The Third to reach $5, and now it's the Beat the Average bonus. Between that and Darksiders, this is definitely worth the donation.

To think, I just recently grabbed Metro 2033 for $2.99 off GMG. Well, part of being a CAG is knowing when a better deal surfaces for the very same game.

#10247 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

The internet is about to asplode.

76561197971332172.png

#10248 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

To be the average or not...I already own SR3. But.....damnit THQ, you are one of the best publishers left. Why do UBI/EA/Activision have to persist and THQ goes down! THQ and 2K and Squeenix are so great. These guys are reasons why PC gaming is so great, very reasonable. Versus Activision, lets price our games at 60$ and keep them that way for 5 years.
Does it include any DLC? I'd beat the average if it included all DLC. hehe.
That average is coming down. 5.30$ now.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 29 November 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#10249 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

That is awful. Just a warning to anyone buying this, they only give a separate key for Saint's Row The Third.

Why the hell they gave individual keys last bundle and only give one key for six games this bundle is beyond me.

You can get a bunch of non-indie games for as little as a dollar and you are really going to complain about not getting separate keys for them all?

Anyway most of their past Bundles have been like this.

If you aren't that interested or already have some/most of the games just pay a dollar and call it good knowing that is still the cheapest you will ever get any single one of those games.

You don't need to be able to pay a dollar and then turn around and hustle trade off 4 of the keys on top of it.

Being cheap is all fine and good but there is something to be said for being reasonable too.

#10250 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Well, I already own Metro 2033 and SR3, but I decided to BTA anyway. Probably gift SR3 to a friend to get him to see the light (PC gaming = the light). Being my first HB, when will they announce any bonuses (if there are any)?

#10251 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

The last bundle you are referring to was the Android bundle. Every MAIN humble has always had one key for the main games, another key for any BTA.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10252 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Kinda sad to see THQ having to do this though. Hopefully they don't go under.

I do have a steam related question though. Since Endless Space is having a free weekend, when I click the click here button to download it. Nothing happens, the page just refreshes. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me.

#10253 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Could not resist. Bought a BTA bundle even though all I need is Tales of Valor. I'm just going to give away the SR3 key.

76561197971332172.png

#10254 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Indie devs aren't very fond of the new Humble Bundle:

#10255 Tigershard

Tigershard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

The hate is entirely rational.

The most frequent argument I hear is re-spawning check-points. Heaven forbid you have to shoot a lot in a first person shooter...

#10256 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

No, I don't think there are any DLC included, just the base game.

I thought this bundle was a joke that had just been passed around CAG over the last few weeks. I had no idea it would become real. This is a crazy deal. I hope it breaks a new record for Humble.

EDIT: I have most of these games already too, but for the first time in HIB history, I bought two BTA bundles.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10257 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Beginning of the end of indie bundles?

#10258 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

The most frequent argument I hear is re-spawning check-points. Heaven forbid you have to shoot a lot in a first person shooter...

Yeah but those check points are all over the damn place and they respawn like 30 seconds after you leave them.

#10259 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Vice City is going to be rereleased on steam.
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/18335

#10260 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Indie devs aren't very fond of the new Humble Bundle:

This just seems a bit snobbish. Humble has done e-book and music bundles before; did the indie devs complain about that? I like indie bundles, but in the unlikely event that this helps THQ remain solvent, I'm 100% behind that.

Beginning of the end of indie bundles?

Very unlikely.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.