Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10321 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Are you guys going to start being more wary of buying games on steam 75% off for $5? These bundles are really making me kick myself considering I spent probably $20 on all the games in the THQ bundle...

Nope. I'm not even angry with this situation because of the situation THQ is in.
I already owned all the games from the bundle and spent way more and dont regret that at all for the amount of time/fun I had with the games.

Saints Row bought for $30 I think when it first came out
Metro 2033 bought for $45 as preorder
Darksiders bought for $10, I double dipped on this game as I owned it for the PS3 when it first came out.
Company of Hero games, owned the first from awhile ago, bought the pack on a Steam sale for like $10
Red Faction Armageddon bought for $6, only one I haven't played yet.

#10322 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Humble Electronic Arts Bundle... no Steam keys. :cry:

Sims 3 Expansion
Mercenaries 2
NHL 09
NFS Undercover
FIFA 09

Beat the average for Sims 3

#10323 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Bought that bundle for Red Faction and a PC Copy of Saints Row 3. This bundle is crazy but seeing as they are about dead, it makes sense. Hell of a deal though.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10324 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Sims 3 Expansion
Mercenaries 2
NHL 09
NFS Undercover
FIFA 09

Beat the average for Sims 3

You are giving them too much credit.

An EA Humble would include nothing but demos and a Need for Speed World and Battlefield Heroes (both already free).

Of course with EA, you would then try to activate your demos on Origin and see that in fact you just received their entire catalog due to a glitch.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10325 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

In all honesty EA could kill a bundle if they really wanted to. Dead Space 1/2, Dragon Age 1/2, and Mass Effect 1/2. Start at $5, unlock the sequels at $10. Considering the bundle deals on Amazon in the past, it's totally feasible. Unlock would be Mirrors Edge. That get's people attention because everyone will assume it's to market the supposedly upcoming sequel. And they'd probably make bank on DLC purchases.

But yeah, it'll never happen...
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#10326 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Wow! Already up over a million! :D

#10327 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

In all honesty EA could kill a bundle if they really wanted to. Dead Space 1/2, Dragon Age 1/2, and Mass Effect 1/2. Start at $5, unlock the sequels at $10. Considering the bundle deals on Amazon in the past, it's totally feasible. Unlock would be Mirrors Edge. That get's people attention because everyone will assume it's to market the supposedly upcoming sequel. And they'd probably make bank on DLC purchases.

But yeah, it'll never happen...

Lol @ DA1 for $5, and you'll get DA2 at $10.

Should be DA1+2 for $5, and they burn a copy of DA2 for $10.

#10328 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Lol @ DA1 for $5, and you'll get DA2 at $10.

Should be DA1+2 for $5, and they burn a copy of DA2 for $10.

How about I give them $10 to pretend DA2 never happened and was all a bad dream?

#10329 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

How about I give them $10 to pretend DA2 never happened and was all a bad dream?

Agreed. I remember listening to the Giant Bombcast going on and on about how DA2 was the biggest disappointment of the year (not necessarily the worst game, just the biggest disappointment), and I thought they were being way too harsh.

Then I played and completed DA2... and I have to say I agree with them :( I don't think DA2 was bad, and I don't even mind the "dumbing down" that much (ME2 dumbed down the RPG elements and is still one of my favorite games of the decade), but I feel they really messed up the story and player choice, and I didn't even like the majority of the characters. Oh well, that's a whole other tangent...

Here's hoping DA3 Inquisition displays a return to form.

Hm, I wonder what 2012's Biggest Disappointment would be? I've loved all the games I beat this year (Spec Ops: The Line, Walking Dead, Sleeping Dogs, To The Moon, Penny Arcade 3, Driver: SF, Darkness 2, Witcher 2...). I think the only games I didn't like much were Diablo 3, Max Payne 3 and Darksiders 2 (I'm 1/2 way through and I just don't want to go back to it). I feel like someone would throw in the whole ME3 ending controversy but hopefully we've had time to regain our senses.
Posted Image

#10330 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Good riddance THQ. All I have to say.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#10331 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hm, I wonder what 2012's Biggest Disappointment would be? I've loved all the games I beat this year (Spec Ops: The Line, Walking Dead, Sleeping Dogs, To The Moon, Penny Arcade 3, Driver: SF, Darkness 2, Witcher 2...). I think the only games I didn't like much were Diablo 3, Max Payne 3 and Darksiders 2 (I'm 1/2 way through and I just don't want to go back to it).

I would say without a doubt Diablo 3 was the biggest disappointment of the year. Not a terrible game, per se, but really a letdown.

#10332 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

BTW, there is a new graphics mod for Dues Ex that just got released...

http://www.rockpaper...-mod-completed/

NICE! :D
Good to know.
And thanks!

#10333 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

RE: Far Cry 2

Chalk me up as another who didn't like it. I knew I should have liked it. I know I wanted to like it. For some reason I just didn't. I gave it multiple attempts over periods of time and just couldn't settle into it. I don't know if it was the locale, the traveling or what. I wouldn't call it bad by any means. It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth, if anything it was like water and left no taste at all. Though Far Cry 3's gameplay does have me intrigued enough to keep an eye out for it possibly this time next year.

I like Far Cry 2 - namely, the main quests. That stuff was really good - and the missions were much more interesting than unique. Though, that often goes w/ the turf of open-world games.
Some of the side-quests and non-main stuff was repetitive (like AC1), though.

EDIT:

Sure, DA2 was NOT anywhere on DAO Ultimate's level and not even anywhere near even close to the original game AT ALL....
...but, what games really ARE going to be on DAO Ultimate's level?
Not many, AFAIK.

I still thought I got my time and money's worth on DA2 ($32 or so that I spent on it).

#10334 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Alright guys kind of off topic kind of on topic I guess? I had been listing my game collection the past couple of years and was too lazy to do a A-Z order well now I am on my last list of games to redo and that is my PC section. I over the summer bought the big Sega pack on Steam and ever since then I listed all the Sega Genesis and etc games as their own and not "Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Classics". So should I just count them all as one game under that name or should I label them individually since you can buy them separately and or in smaller packs and just put the "Genesis & Mega Drive Classics" thing next to the name of the title? I don'tusually count compilations as more than one game like for example "Sonic Mega Collection" I only count that as one game. So guys what do you think count them as one game "Genesis & Mega Drive Classics" or by their original titles?

#10335 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I would say without a doubt Diablo 3 was the biggest disappointment of the year. Not a terrible game, per se, but really a letdown.

I thought Diablo 3 was pretty good, as well.
I just am NOT a fan of the "always online DRM", when I was easily able to GO SOLO the entire game no problem.
Granted, it is quite fun, when playing w/ others online.

Hm, I wonder what 2012's Biggest Disappointment would be? I've loved all the games I beat this year (Spec Ops: The Line, Walking Dead, Sleeping Dogs, To The Moon, Penny Arcade 3, Driver: SF, Darkness 2, Witcher 2...). I think the only games I didn't like much were Diablo 3, Max Payne 3 and Darksiders 2 (I'm 1/2 way through and I just don't want to go back to it). I feel like someone would throw in the whole ME3 ending controversy but hopefully we've had time to regain our senses.

Eh, I loved Max Payne 3. Just finished the SP portion last night.
I thought Mass Effect 3 was great, except for the last 5-10 minutes (the end stuff), more or less.

#10336 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Just count it as one. Heck that is what Steam does in your library for them anyways :P

#10337 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I just am NOT a fan of the "always online DRM", when I was easily able to GO SOLO the entire game no problem.

I played it quite a bit when it first came out, but found the ONLINE ONLY to really be a turn-off. Even though I was playing single player, and have the battle.net mobile authenticator program, someone was still able to sign in to my account and empty my character of both gold and loot every 3 or 4 days. After about 2 weeks of that, I gave up on the game, called the $60 a loss, and moved on.

#10338 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I played it quite a bit when it first came out, but found the ONLINE ONLY to really be a turn-off. Even though I was playing single player, and have the battle.net mobile authenticator program, someone was still able to sign in to my account and empty my character of both gold and loot every 3 or 4 days. After about 2 weeks of that, I gave up on the game, called the $60 a loss, and moved on.

Oh, man - that bloody sucks. :(

#10339 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

I could really get into a Train Simulator bundle. Base game with select tracks, engines, etc... beat the average to get an exclusive run.

#10340 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

I like Far Cry 2 - namely, the main quests. That stuff was really good - and the missions were much more interesting than unique. Though, that often goes w/ the turf of open-world games.
Some of the side-quests and non-main stuff was repetitive (like AC1), though.

Yes, AC1...another game I just couldn't force myself to like. And similar to FC2, I really did want to like it. I did just pick up Brotherhood, so I'm hoping it was just an isolated incident with AC1.

#10341 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

See, the D3 always-online thing never seemed an issue to me, mostly as after the first solo playthrough I never played D2 offline. Even when playing alone I would create a game on Battlenet. Some items were only available on ladder games, plus I could take a character I was using on my own and get together with a friend or two.

#10342 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

D3 is what it is -- a loot grinder. The negatives associated with it and Blizzard were more than enough for me to pass on it in favor of Torchlight 2 (never mind the $40 price difference... which was more like $47 as I paid approximately $12 for TL2 at release). Unless you're looking to get into the digital item market via the RMAH there is little difference between the two games with TL2 coming out ahead on most of the distinctions.

#10343 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Bastards all!

I say we deport the whole lot and sell their children into slavery.

That'll show them what we think of their inability to cope with poor financial decisions in a failing economy!

So long as it all goes down after the Metro sequel releases, right?

#10344 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Metro was mediocre as hell. They can fly a kite.

Also teach them not to drive series into the ditch and deploy boatloads of DLC.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#10345 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Your gimmick sucks.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10346 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

BTW, there is a new graphics mod for Dues Ex that just got released...

http://www.rockpaper...-mod-completed/

oh HELL YEA! i still have 5 chapters to go in that game. Im glad i never finished it. This is just the thing to get me to finally get it done.
Thanks!
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#10347 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

From what i'm reading, the Unreal Complete pack current deal isn't that great of a deal. I'm really wanting to get it, i'm hoping it'll be 75% for the Winter Sale.

#10348 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hmmm, did Amazon match the individual SR3 DLC during the Black Friday sales? Looking over it I think Genkii Bowl is probably the only one I'll grab. And maybe the Shark Gun says everyone raves about it!

#10349 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

From what i'm reading, the Unreal Complete pack current deal isn't that great of a deal. I'm really wanting to get it, i'm hoping it'll be 75% for the Winter Sale.

I'm doing the same, I remember Black being on sale for $5 by itself during the summer sale. So I'm sure it will hit lower during winter.

#10350 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Civ 5 Gold is coming to steam. And I just bought GOTY + G+K too x.x
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16839